Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#453150 Aug 21, 2012
Blast Back wrote:
<quoted text>....Jesus responds many times "It is written",....
"It is written" in the Hebrew Scriptures, not the Gospels written after he died nor the letters of Paul nor the Bible compiled 300 years later.
your boss

United States

#453151 Aug 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore the inconcostencies and contradictions while accepting the insane arhiements of "apologists" whose jobit is to say anything to make the truth about th eBible go a way.
I call it lying.
Like a defense attorney twisting the truth to get his guilty client found innocent.
You only look at the evidence to vindicate the Bible and call all evidence to the contrary a pack of lies and anyone who doesn't accept it "arrogant" ? ROFLMAO
You are smarter than that I hope, Skom.
You are being as arrogant as me but not as unbiased.
I find much that I believe in the Bible, I could hardly accept Jesus as the Final Atonement if I didn;t. I simply don't swallow the intestines with the sirloin.
which type pussi will have to fck tell me
your boss

United States

#453152 Aug 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Look up Synoptic Gospels.
2. John starts with a blasphemous defacing of Genesis 1:1
3. Luke and Acts start out explaining it is a collection of second hand tales years after the fact.
4. Matthew is an embelished copy of Mark.
5. None of the four Gospels can be traced back to anyone living at the time Jesus lived and were written after anyone alive at the time of Jesus was long dead.
6. None of the Gospels were written by the people for whom they were named.
7. All these points are upheld by carbon dating, earliest surviving manuscripts, language analysis and agreed upon by hundreds of theologians and scholars both Christian and secular for the last couple hundred years.
I take the Gospels for exactly what they are. Documents writen by men. Just like any other ancient texts. Flawed, incomplete and error prone.
1. look at her boobs 2. just give finger into her .. 3. Rip her clothes 4. Lick her ass 5. Fck her the end

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453153 Aug 21, 2012
Let's start with Matthew
True or False?
1) Jesus spoke of hell

NO. Jesus spoke of Gehenna, a metaphor about a well know huge and always brning garbage dump.

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

He doen't say Hell. He says Gehenna.
He is talking about the ego and temptation. That which kills the spitit like buning rubbish pit destroys everything. He is talking about how most people are feeding their egos instead of being alive (one with God). In Judaism Satan (not Lucifer or "The Devil") is also a metaphor for the ego and temptation.

2) There will be a judgement day?
Matthew 12:36-37

God is the ultimate Judge. Very Jewish idea!
We will all be judged when we die. Sometimes before we die.

3) Jesus was baptized and is the son of God?
Matthew 3:16-17

We are all children of God. Jesus was, too.

Baptism is a Jewish ritual and something Christianity knows nothing about.

I would assume

You assumed wrong.
your boss

United States

#453154 Aug 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is written" in the Hebrew Scriptures, not the Gospels written after he died nor the letters of Paul nor the Bible compiled 300 years later.
lts written when she look @ my pistol she gets horny.
your boss

United States

#453155 Aug 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you certainly have!
One of your endearing qualities, surpassed only by your unabashed honesty.
Yes you certainly have! an ass let me....

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453156 Aug 21, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Edit G:
Meant to include the words of Jesus in the last verses. They should have started at 3:15 not 3:16
Matthew 3:15
Jesus replied,“Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.
Why does Mark leave out these details ?

" It was in those days that Jesus arrived from the Galilean village of Nazareth and was baptised by John in the Jordan. All at once, as he came up out of the water, he saw the heavens split open, and the Spirit coming down upon him like a dove. A voice came out of Heaven, saying, "You are my dearly-beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!"

Matthew's "details" are either not important or untrue, or Mark is so stupid he left out these important details or Mark is a liar.

Who is right, Mark or Matthew ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453157 Aug 21, 2012
Where on the Jordan river did John baptise Jesus ?

Let's narrow it down a little first.
Was it the 100 mile part of the Jordan River North of the Sea of Galilee or the 150 mile run between the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453158 Aug 21, 2012
If you look at a map of the Middle East during Jesus life. Nazareth and Galilee are seperated from Judea by Samaria.

To get to Jerusalem Jesus had to pass through Samaria. Note that Galilee was in more contention with Jerusalem than even Samarians. They were considered Gentiles! Samarians were considered heretical Hebrews.

Might explain why Jesus often had more compassion for Samarians and Gentiles than Jews. It also indicates that Jesus may not have been born a Jew and may have been converted in his youth (12 Y.O.?)
Doctor REALITY

United States

#453159 Aug 21, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubled down on a game of roulette and lost. Well easy come, easy go!
Man, could you imagine? There actually is a movie that is really good called Empire Records where an employee in trying to save the store does that and loses. But in real life we see athletes basically do it all the time. Unbelievable so many guys can be paid just millions of dollars and be broke. And not only they have nothing to show for it, they helped nobody along the way.
If I ever came into money it would be a lock I would put it to good use. Ok..maybe I would still get that mansion on Rockingham Ave. But after that....all good use!
:()
I tried to do a smile and hit both by mistake. I decided to leave it. I may even start signing my posts like that now! LOL
Have a good one doc
U2,bro.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453160 Aug 21, 2012
Jesus is accused of being a Samaritan and being demon-possessed. He denies having a demon, but makes no comment on the Samaritan accusation. John 8:48

When Jesus encounters Samaritans,they are presented in a favorable light:

A Samaritan village rejects a request from Jesus for hospitality because the villagers did not want to facilitate a pilgrimage to Jerusalem, a practice which they saw as a violation of the Law of Moses. Luke 9:51-53

The Parable of the Good Samaritan. Luke 10:30-37.

Jesus healed ten lepers, of whom only one returned to praise God, and he was a Samaritan. Luke 17:11-19, esp. 17:16

Jesus asks a Samaritan woman of Sychar for water from Jacob's Well. Thereafter many of the Samaritans from her town become followers of Jesus.This woman considered herself and her people to be Israelites, descendants of Jacob. John 4:7-42

When instructing his disciples as to how they should spread the word, Jesus tells them not to visit any Gentile or Samaritan city, but instead go to the "lost sheep of Israel". Matthew 10:5-6

Jesus reveals his true identity for the first time in the Gospel of John to a Samaritan woman (John 4:1-26)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#453161 Aug 21, 2012
Morning....

“A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.”

~ Phyllis Diller
( 1917 – 2012 )

Thought for Today

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#453162 Aug 21, 2012
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I know You are able...able to move mountains, to speak creation into existence, to heal the sick, save the lost, to meet every need I have. I commit myself to You. I pray for all the people around the world, plagued by turmoil, wars, illness, lack of basic needs, insecurity and fear, and addictions that enslave. Lord, You alone know best how to meet these needs and solve these dilemmas. I pray that You would intervene, that people would be drawn to You, and that You would give them rest and healing, safety and security, a sound mind and a hopeful future. I pray that You would help me to see who You want me to minister to today and offer a hand of fellowship, a ray of light, or whatever You want to offer through me. Thank You, Lord, for meeting my needs. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#453163 Aug 21, 2012
Encouraging Words....

“God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea”

Psalm 46:1-2

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#453164 Aug 21, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubled down on a game of roulette and lost. Well easy come, easy go!
Man, could you imagine? There actually is a movie that is really good called Empire Records where an employee in trying to save the store does that and loses. But in real life we see athletes basically do it all the time. Unbelievable so many guys can be paid just millions of dollars and be broke. And not only they have nothing to show for it, they helped nobody along the way.
If I ever came into money it would be a lock I would put it to good use. Ok..maybe I would still get that mansion on Rockingham Ave. But after that....all good use!
I tried to do a smile and hit both by mistake. I decided to leave it. I may even start signing my posts like that now! LOL
Have a good one doc
Looks like a Frog.....

Ribbett....

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#453165 Aug 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you certainly have!
One of your endearing qualities, surpassed only by your unabashed honesty.
I think that Mike believes that if you are not anti-Christian then you must be a wannabe-Christian.

What he doesn't "see" is that some or most that are so openly anti-Christian are exactly the same about their own beliefs or lack there of as what they detest about others and their faith.

Thank you...I take your post as a compliment...maybe at times...a bit too honest!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#453166 Aug 21, 2012
I reported "Your Boss" to Topix....

Sounds like a 14 or 15 year old....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#453167 Aug 21, 2012
Have a great day everyone....

Getting ready for a visit to my family in Ohio on Friday....Get to see the grandkids. My Grandaughter will start school next week....:-(

Check back Later

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#453168 Aug 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore the inconcostencies and contradictions while accepting the insane arhiements of "apologists" whose jobit is to say anything to make the truth about th eBible go a way.
I call it lying.
Like a defense attorney twisting the truth to get his guilty client found innocent.
You only look at the evidence to vindicate the Bible and call all evidence to the contrary a pack of lies and anyone who doesn't accept it "arrogant" ? ROFLMAO
You are smarter than that I hope, Skom.
You are being as arrogant as me but not as unbiased.
I find much that I believe in the Bible, I could hardly accept Jesus as the Final Atonement if I didn;t. I simply don't swallow the intestines with the sirloin.
I am still waiting for you to answer the question. Does believing much in the Bible include just like I said, even picking and choosing what verses to believe within certain authors?

1) Do you believe some of what Matthew writes and not other verses and why?

2) What sources if any outside the Bible do you believe offers the truth about Jesus and not just the opinions of man?

I am not being arrogant, I am holding you to the standard you claim to adhere to which i think is very arrogant and may be why you think the stance I am taking is. If you want to not only accept some verses and not authors, and some authors and not others, and some verses within authors and not others and claim you take a more reasonable and honest approach to following the words of Jesus and not men that you have to back up that claim.

And I will be very fair about it. If there was a handful of verses you found suspect due to apparent contradictions and didn't accept those at face value that would be one thing. I used to feel the same way and it took me years to learn enough to see there was little substance to the arguments once someone got past the mere appearance of contradiction. But without knowing all the necessary verses I couldn't come to that conclusion.But if you want to claim apologist or contradiction you got to show me where. You can't just claim that is the standard you are using when picking some verses and not others.

We don't have to go through the whole Bible obviously. Just tell me with Matthew what writings of his you believe and what ones you don't or at least the standard you use to separate the accurate verses in your opinion from the ones that are not. But if you have no standard, if it has nothing to do with contradictions either in or outside the bible and you have simply chosen not to believe it, then that process speaks for itself IMO

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#453169 Aug 21, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a Frog.....
Ribbett....
Ah..this

I was trying to figure out what your comment was implying about my post. LOL, yeah it does kind of!

Have a good one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Into The Night 55,635
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Steve III 649,626
TRUTH about illegal aliens (Aug '14) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 12
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 1 hr Knock off purse s... 36
rajkot gey (Nov '15) 1 hr Hemant patel 77
TARABYA PROFILO TARABYA SERVIS 212) 202 62 35 P... 2 hr sertek 1
SARIYER Profilo Sariyer Tamir Servis 212 ) 202 ... 2 hr sertek 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr DebraE 106,050
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 6 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web