Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#453118 Aug 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
I know lots of Christians.
I find the majority of "Christians" on this thread unrepresentative of Christianity as a whole.
I do not hate Christians, I do find that Christianity as a whole though is based on the teachings of Paul and Popes and has little to do with anything Jesus taught. Further, I have found that the "church leaders" are for the most part just repeating the same, often deceitful, dogma and doctrines for the last 1700 years.
That they claim to be teaching "Jesus mesage" I personaly find dishonest when they are actually teaching Paul's message.
If they would just admit to teaching Paulinism, I would have no problem. It is the deceit that I hate, not the religion or its followers per se.
As I have asked many, "Would you follow Jesus if you discovered that for a fact that Paul was a fraud ? Could you believe in Jesus without Paul's Epistles ? The Irish and Scots were converted with the four Gospels alone. Do you have that much faith in Jesus ?"
<quoted text>
While faith probably precludes ever being able to answer that hypothetical I would hope anyone would shed anything found to be the teachings of man. Faith and loyalty to it must be based on the belief it is rooted in truth. I would follow the truth wherever it led. I believe to be doing that with Jesus

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#453119 Aug 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
I value your opinion and admit to being guilty of much you accuse me of.
You are one of the few people who can argue an intelligent point here.
I thank you for your honesty and intelligent rebutal.
<quoted text>
We all fall into bad habits

The ability to recognize it will probably play a large role in trying to overcome it

I have my own hurdles as well

Obviously

(T) Peace

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#453120 Aug 20, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
While faith probably precludes ever being able to answer that hypothetical I would hope anyone would shed anything found to be the teachings of man. Faith and loyalty to it must be based on the belief it is rooted in truth. I would follow the truth wherever it led. I believe to be doing that with Jesus
(T) Peace
I know you beleive the entire NT and accept Paul as a "righteous man". You have never claimed them all to be the words of Jesus.

Our difference is that you, for your own reasons and faith, take the words of men (Paul. Peter, etc.) as authororative as Jesus' words. I take them all as the words of men and only take those that can be reasonably ascribed to the living Jesus as Truth and The Way. All men, even Paul and myself, had to offer were opinions. Jesus offered life and salvation. I think it is obvious whom I chose to believe and try to follow.

BTW, I find James to be more righteous than Paul and Peter combined, yet his were only opinions too. <smile>

Location hidden

#453121 Aug 20, 2012
WOW...I know I am on the left but I honestly would have copied this no matter who said it. It is hard to believe it is possible an adult could actually believe this. Just one more example of how far-removed from reality and real life these politicians are. I know their money keeps them sheltered but this is just crazy. It is time to scrap the whole system and start getting representatives that actually come from the people they represent.

Todd Akin, the Republican running for U.S. Senate in Missouri, argued yesterday that women can’t get pregnant when it's a 'legitimate' rape.

“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/20/a...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#453122 Aug 20, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like somebody is thinking.
Wanna-be christians don't ask questions.
If you are just now figuring this out about me Mike...then you don't pay much attention to what I post. I have always asked questions...

Location hidden

#453123 Aug 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you beleive the entire NT and accept Paul as a "righteous man". You have never claimed them all to be the words of Jesus.
Our difference is that you, for your own reasons and faith, take the words of men (Paul. Peter, etc.) as authororative as Jesus' words. I take them all as the words of men and only take those that can be reasonably ascribed to the living Jesus as Truth and The Way. All men, even Paul and myself, had to offer were opinions. Jesus offered life and salvation. I think it is obvious whom I chose to believe and try to follow.
BTW, I find James to be more righteous than Paul and Peter combined, yet his were only opinions too. <smile>
I don't think Paul contradicts the message of Jesus and can support that assertion with scripture. Paul may focus more on the grace aspect of it but he does not lose sight of obedience and faithfulness and the dangers of falling away.

1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Colossians 1:21-23
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: IF ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven.

Romans 1:24-25
Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves: for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever"

Romans 2:5-8
"But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God "will give to each person according to what he has done."[a] 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."

part 1 of 2

Location hidden

#453124 Aug 20, 2012
Part 2 of 2

I think it is beyond arrogant to suggest you follow Jesus more because you choose to accept some author's accounts of what he said in the Bible while not others. I think it is beyond arrogant to suggest I follow the words of men more than you when I not only know what the bible says but have not needed to change my beliefs back and forth and back again and at times for nothing more than a poster came into the room arguing against Christianity that you wanted to agree with.

I have done the research to ensure the Bible is harmonized while you take what you like depending on the day. You claim you reject Paul and Peter but you also reject John, you also reject Luke, and when it suits you to, you reject Matthew and Mark. Anytime you want to state for the record what authors of the Bible you believe instead of even within those authors picking and choosing what verses to follow, then we can go from there and test your knowledge of scripture with your claimed beliefs.

What authors of the Bible and writings of Jesus do you accept as true? I am not looking for what commentaries of men you have based your opinions on. I want to know what sources and authors do you believe hold the truth about Jesus.
north east indian

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#453126 Aug 20, 2012
honkys fear iran and will be blown into pieces go pray pray that you make it to hell QuicKlY!cuz the torture before DeaTH seems InevitablE!

Location hidden

#453127 Aug 20, 2012
Edit G

Let's start with Matthew

True or False?

1) Jesus spoke of hell

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

2) There will be a judgement day?

Matthew 12:36-37
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned

3) Jesus was baptized and is the son of God?

Matthew 3:16-17
As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said,“This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

I would assume from your last post you would find all these things to be true. They came straight from Jesus and were recorded by a source you claim to believe.

If you don't believe it, please state the source and information you feel shows this information to be false if you do not believe it. Also explain why your source is not simply the opinions of man. And why you accept some verses by Matthew about Jesus but not others.
north east indian

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#453128 Aug 20, 2012
the only way the kingdom of salvation can be attained and heaven can be established is when the edomites all DiE!and that is white DeViLS!

Location hidden

#453129 Aug 21, 2012
Edit G:

Meant to include the words of Jesus in the last verses. They should have started at 3:15 not 3:16

Matthew 3:15
Jesus replied,“Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453145 Aug 21, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
WOW...I know I am on the left but I honestly would have copied this no matter who said it. It is hard to believe it is possible an adult could actually believe this. Just one more example of how far-removed from reality and real life these politicians are. I know their money keeps them sheltered but this is just crazy. It is time to scrap the whole system and start getting representatives that actually come from the people they represent.
Todd Akin, the Republican running for U.S. Senate in Missouri, argued yesterday that women can’t get pregnant when it's a 'legitimate' rape.
“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/20/a...
Sadly, intelligence and reason are not requirements for holding public office.

IMHO, he should be arrested for practicing medicine without a license. Let him 'play doctor' with Bubba in Levenworth for six months.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453146 Aug 21, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are just now figuring this out about me Mike...then you don't pay much attention to what I post. I have always asked questions...
Yes you certainly have!

One of your endearing qualities, surpassed only by your unabashed honesty.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453147 Aug 21, 2012
None of which is close to what Jesus taught or said in the Synoptic Gospels.

Why is Paul pushing his own "gospel" Which was it ? Luke? Mark? Matthew? John ?
Those are the only "real" Gospels according to modern Christianity. Where is this Gospel of Paul ?

All Paul does is blow his own horn. "Believe me!" "DO what I say!" "believe only what I tell you!"

No Jesus at all. Paul never even quotes anything of Jesus in the entire NT!
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Paul contradicts the message of Jesus and can support that assertion with scripture. Paul may focus more on the grace aspect of it but he does not lose sight of obedience and faithfulness and the dangers of falling away.
1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
Colossians 1:21-23
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: IF ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven.
Romans 1:24-25
Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves: for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever"
Romans 2:5-8
"But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God "will give to each person according to what he has done."[a] 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."
part 1 of 2

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453148 Aug 21, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Part 2 of 2
I think it is beyond arrogant to suggest you follow Jesus more because you choose to accept some author's accounts of what he said in the Bible while not others.....
1. Look up Synoptic Gospels.
2. John starts with a blasphemous defacing of Genesis 1:1
3. Luke and Acts start out explaining it is a collection of second hand tales years after the fact.
4. Matthew is an embelished copy of Mark.
5. None of the four Gospels can be traced back to anyone living at the time Jesus lived and were written after anyone alive at the time of Jesus was long dead.
6. None of the Gospels were written by the people for whom they were named.
7. All these points are upheld by carbon dating, earliest surviving manuscripts, language analysis and agreed upon by hundreds of theologians and scholars both Christian and secular for the last couple hundred years.

I take the Gospels for exactly what they are. Documents writen by men. Just like any other ancient texts. Flawed, incomplete and error prone.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453149 Aug 21, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
....I have done the research to ensure the Bible is harmonized ....
You ignore the inconcostencies and contradictions while accepting the insane arhiements of "apologists" whose jobit is to say anything to make the truth about th eBible go a way.

I call it lying.

Like a defense attorney twisting the truth to get his guilty client found innocent.

You only look at the evidence to vindicate the Bible and call all evidence to the contrary a pack of lies and anyone who doesn't accept it "arrogant" ? ROFLMAO

You are smarter than that I hope, Skom.
You are being as arrogant as me but not as unbiased.

I find much that I believe in the Bible, I could hardly accept Jesus as the Final Atonement if I didn;t. I simply don't swallow the intestines with the sirloin.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453150 Aug 21, 2012
Blast Back wrote:
<quoted text>....Jesus responds many times "It is written",....
"It is written" in the Hebrew Scriptures, not the Gospels written after he died nor the letters of Paul nor the Bible compiled 300 years later.
your boss

United States

#453151 Aug 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore the inconcostencies and contradictions while accepting the insane arhiements of "apologists" whose jobit is to say anything to make the truth about th eBible go a way.
I call it lying.
Like a defense attorney twisting the truth to get his guilty client found innocent.
You only look at the evidence to vindicate the Bible and call all evidence to the contrary a pack of lies and anyone who doesn't accept it "arrogant" ? ROFLMAO
You are smarter than that I hope, Skom.
You are being as arrogant as me but not as unbiased.
I find much that I believe in the Bible, I could hardly accept Jesus as the Final Atonement if I didn;t. I simply don't swallow the intestines with the sirloin.
which type pussi will have to fck tell me
your boss

United States

#453152 Aug 21, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Look up Synoptic Gospels.
2. John starts with a blasphemous defacing of Genesis 1:1
3. Luke and Acts start out explaining it is a collection of second hand tales years after the fact.
4. Matthew is an embelished copy of Mark.
5. None of the four Gospels can be traced back to anyone living at the time Jesus lived and were written after anyone alive at the time of Jesus was long dead.
6. None of the Gospels were written by the people for whom they were named.
7. All these points are upheld by carbon dating, earliest surviving manuscripts, language analysis and agreed upon by hundreds of theologians and scholars both Christian and secular for the last couple hundred years.
I take the Gospels for exactly what they are. Documents writen by men. Just like any other ancient texts. Flawed, incomplete and error prone.
1. look at her boobs 2. just give finger into her .. 3. Rip her clothes 4. Lick her ass 5. Fck her the end

“"None shall pass"”

There

#453153 Aug 21, 2012
Let's start with Matthew
True or False?
1) Jesus spoke of hell

NO. Jesus spoke of Gehenna, a metaphor about a well know huge and always brning garbage dump.

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

He doen't say Hell. He says Gehenna.
He is talking about the ego and temptation. That which kills the spitit like buning rubbish pit destroys everything. He is talking about how most people are feeding their egos instead of being alive (one with God). In Judaism Satan (not Lucifer or "The Devil") is also a metaphor for the ego and temptation.

2) There will be a judgement day?
Matthew 12:36-37

God is the ultimate Judge. Very Jewish idea!
We will all be judged when we die. Sometimes before we die.

3) Jesus was baptized and is the son of God?
Matthew 3:16-17

We are all children of God. Jesus was, too.

Baptism is a Jewish ritual and something Christianity knows nothing about.

I would assume

You assumed wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 627,573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Catcher1 950,754
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Lbj 14,322
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 27 min lisa 63
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min Commonsence 180,020
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min Adam 102,992
weed Leicester (Jul '12) 35 min ian 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr WasteWater 278,425
More from around the web