Deb my friend I know that you are trying to make some see. I am afraid that you are fighting a losing battle. Despite what some may think here I do not and have never wanted Christianity to fail. I was raised in that faith my parents died in that faith. It still is and will always be a part of my life.Just read this elsewhere-
"SIGNS OF LUKEWARMNESS:
6. Feeling of resentments against your brethren in Christ.(Hebrews 12:15) Resentment means bitterness against someone because you think he or she mistreated you.
5. Unwillingness to spend money for evangelism, mission works and other Church activities.(Malachi 3:8-10)
4. Lack of enthusiasm in singing worship songs, praying and evangelism.
3. Irregular Bible reading.(Joshua 1:8) Christians ought to read their Bibles every single day. If you find yourself skipping this important duty, there's a big possibility that you are lukewarm.
2. Disrespecting your spiritual leader.(Hebrews 13:17) Spiritual leaders are responsible for your soul's welfare. It's their duty to encourage, rebuke and remind you of your weaknesses and negative characters for your own good. If you feel like they're personally harming you, this is a big sign you're lukewarm. Fervent Christians respect their leaders knowing they're God's messengers.
1. Doubting God's promises.(Romans 14:23) You were saved and transformed. You have seen how powerful God is when He changed your life from sinner to saint. Complete deliverance from sin is the greatest miracle you have ever EXPERIENCED. With all these things, why should you doubt The One who saved you? Why should you doubt His power and grace? God said through apostle Paul that "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13) If you're starting to doubt God's power specially in times of trials and temptations, take heed, you might be neither cold nor hot. "
However it is hard not to see the hypocrisy of some that adhere to that faith. Such as seen in these following posts
I am making no excuses for the behavior of the non-Christians on that thread. I think that they are foolish to keep responding day in and day out to those that only come to harass. I am disillusioned by both sides. At this point I feel like an orphan no place to call home! LOL
I dont know Deb I dont know what is wrong with either side.
BTW thank you for my greetings the other day. I am sorry that I have not responded. I have been sick again for part of the week and just kind of lost myself for the rest of it.
I do appreciate you and a few others we can be different yet still find what we have in common and build on that. For that today I am very grateful.
I love you my friend!