Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#450140 Aug 7, 2012
Malone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I am nearly done. Good to see you back.
Well, finish the race. You know what 2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Do it for Him.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#450141 Aug 7, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I'm sorry,folks,I had to do it.
That was a heap of dung, Doc.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#450142 Aug 7, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Constantine COMMISSIONED the bible ... ie authorized it to be constructed, it wasn't completed for decades because of all the politics involved. Last I checked, 393 AD was still the 4th century.
So the Codex is a fake ?

Get a grip on reality Oogah.

It is well documented that Constantine commissioned Eusebius to produce 50 Bibles in 331 A.D.

Those Bibles provided motivation for the development of the canon lists and the Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus are possible surviving examples.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#450144 Aug 7, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
....And as far as Paul never quoting Jesus, have you ever read this?
Acts 20:35 ...
Acts is not by Paul. Paul was dead when Acts was written.

Are you a pathelogical liar or just plain stupid ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#450145 Aug 7, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
According to one of the sources you utilize, Wikipedia, "Robert E. Van Voorst states:(about the Gospel of Thomas)
Most interpreters place its writing in the second century"....
"Assigning a date to the Gospel of Thomas is very complex because it is difficult to know precisely to what a date is being assigned. Scholars have proposed a date as early as AD 40." - Robert E. Van Voorst, Professor of New Testament Studies at Western Theological Seminary

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#450146 Aug 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Codex is a fake ?
Get a grip on reality Oogah.
It is well documented that Constantine commissioned Eusebius to produce 50 Bibles in 331 A.D.
Those Bibles provided motivation for the development of the canon lists and the Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus are possible surviving examples.
"Bibles" ain't a bible until they fit the biblical canon. You can't have a bible without a developed canon, until then they are collections of early christian writings.

Please try to get more acquainted with reality.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#450147 Aug 7, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible, G, the Bible.
We were talking about the apologetic website you posted.

You certainly are as stupid as you are dishonest.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#450148 Aug 7, 2012
PartyPooper II wrote:
<quoted text>
go find a chair and sit yourself down. im about tired of you right about now...
FOSOAD

#450149 Aug 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
From your own source, texts contemporary with and earlier than Paul's Epistles:
Philemon
Signs Gospel
Book of Hebrews
Didache
Gospel of Thomas
Oxyrhynchus 1224 Gospel
Sophia of Jesus Christ
Gospel of Mark
Egerton Gospel
Gospel of Peter
Secret Mark
Fayyum Fragment
Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs
Mara Bar Serapion
All dated to before Paul wrote Thessalonians and Ephesians.
Can't even bother to read your own sources ?
The exact dates aren't known, that's what the date ranges represent, but the order is known. You can't be picking dates to suit your fanciful notions of what the order "ought" to be. Dumbazz!!

Paul's writings came first. Deal with it!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#450150 Aug 7, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
... I know that I am a wretch.....
...and a liar and an ignoramus.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#450151 Aug 7, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bibles" ain't a bible until they fit the biblical canon.....
So which came first, "the Canon" or the compilation of books that Constantine commissioned ?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#450152 Aug 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts is not by Paul. Paul was dead when Acts was written.
Are you a pathelogical liar or just plain stupid ?
The one who penned Acts is quoting Paul who quoted Jesus in verse 35 of chapter 20.

Seems that you are the liar, or is this another of your mistakes? Your posts are nothing but a comedy of errors.

Man you are a piece of work.

#450153 Aug 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So which came first, "the Canon" or the compilation of books that Constantine commissioned ?
The order;

Constantine Commissions in 325
arguments ensue for decades
Several canons emerge
One canon was accepted officially near the end of the 4th century;

The first council that accepted the present Catholic canon (the Canon of Trent) may have been the Synod of Hippo Regius in North Africa (393); the acts of this council, however, are lost. A brief summary of the acts was read at and accepted by the Councils of Carthage in 397 and 419.[27] These councils were under the authority of St. Augustine, who regarded the canon as already closed.[28] Pope Damasus I's Council of Rome in 382, if the Decretum Gelasianum is correctly associated with it, issued a biblical canon identical to that mentioned above,[24] or if not, the list is at least a 6th century compilation.[29] Likewise, Damasus' commissioning of the Latin Vulgate edition of the Bible, c. 383, was instrumental in the fixation of the canon in the West.[30] In 405, Pope Innocent I sent a list of the sacred books to a Gallic bishop, Exsuperius of Toulouse. When these bishops and councils spoke on the matter, however, they were not defining something new, but instead "were ratifying what had already become the mind of the Church."[31] Thus, from the 4th century, there existed unanimity in the West concerning the New Testament canon (as it is today),[32] and by the 5th century the East, with a few exceptions, had come to accept the Book of Revelation and thus had come into harmony on the matter of the New Testament canon.[33]

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#450154 Aug 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the apologetic website you posted.
You certainly are as stupid as you are dishonest.
when you wrote this, "You certainly are as stupid as you are dishonest.", were you admiring and speaking to your reflection in the mirror?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#450155 Aug 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
...and a liar and an ignoramus.
I see you're still admiring your reflection in that mirror.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#450156 Aug 7, 2012
Gonna watch a little of the Olympics.

Later.
Blast From The Past

Markle, IN

#450157 Aug 7, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul echoed what Jesus taught.
So true!!!

To bad G will never see it. Because to admit he's wrong he'd have to swallow his pride and let go of his ego that tells him he's always right and everyone else is always wrong and open his blind eyes to the truth.

So no matter how foolish he looks, and no matter how many times what he says is blown out of the water by the truth in God's Word, he will continue to cling to the the sinking ship he's on. And as can be seen by his reaction and words he uses when challenged he will continue to respond with anger and hate towards anyone that dares to challange his lost agenda with the truth.

#450159 Aug 7, 2012
Blast From The Past wrote:
<quoted text>
So true!!!
To bad G will never see it. Because to admit he's wrong he'd have to swallow his pride and let go of his ego that tells him he's always right and everyone else is always wrong and open his blind eyes to the truth.
So no matter how foolish he looks, and no matter how many times what he says is blown out of the water by the truth in God's Word, he will continue to cling to the the sinking ship he's on. And as can be seen by his reaction and words he uses when challenged he will continue to respond with anger and hate towards anyone that dares to challange his lost agenda with the truth.
Meh! It is within the realm of possibility, even probability, that Paul made the whole thing up.
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#450160 Aug 7, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Serah,
Thanks for your response. I like Matthew's Gospel, too. And in context, we can see that in chapter 5, Jesus leaves the multitude, and His disciples follow Him up the mountain to be taught by Him. And there He teaches them as he tells them some things about being a true child of God. He also emphasizes that God does allow rain to fall on the just (His children) and the unjust (not His children).
I like Matthew Henry's commentary on this passage and have included it in the link below.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Yes, the ones that "toss around the innuendos" don't realize that, for those grounded in the faith, all they are doing is fortifying our stand.
We are standing of the promises of God! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Cheers Drew ~ morning tea break and the day is going well with a bit of sunshine filtering through the window!! Having a bit of Bible Study tonight and I will be going with Matthew :)
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#450161 Aug 7, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Serah,
G is quite the liar, and very brazen with it too. You mention the bitterness of an apple. He can't face the truth at all. Can he?
We can pray for him Serah.
God bless you.
Cheers John ~ GOD's Blessings to you and to yours also.... not sure what he is up to, but I think he has convinced himself that he knows it all LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min bad bob 16,676
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 683,841
Venting Against FAKE Americans 13 min mama pat 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min trifecta1 983,125
Looking for girls to snapchat 1 hr butterfly10161964 2
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 3 hr Urka Burka Figurka 41
Why McGregor -Mayweather 'fight' is a stupid scam 6 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web