Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#449800 Aug 5, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>You have t-mail, why not leave "red-aps a t-mail?.
I forgot you wanna-be christians are "actors".
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt Mike since you don't have friends or loved ones and might not be familiar with when different forms of social communication are used. I doubt John will be doing much talking on the phone and I am sure under the circumstances he isn't in a huge rush to catch up on the latest trolling on Topix. So odds are he is giving updates to loved ones through email. If he is feeling weak he can always send a group email to save writing the same things over and over again. So I passed my message along because I wanted him to get it now and not a month from now or whenever he may return. I want him to know even here he has people pulling and praying for him. If it brings even a small smile to his face while he is recuperating to know a bunch of us are asking about him and thinking of him then that's a good thing. And I don't have his email address so Judy can pass my message along for me.

Location hidden

#449801 Aug 5, 2012
Senecus wrote:
@Doc...
I'll let Steve answer your question as he would like -
Micah is almost in all certainty 'gone'- I write as I did due to no one making contact with relatives to confirm burial (I know that quote be intercepted and run down the field..)...but
Micah didn't wish burial -
In my last correspondence with him he knew time was short -4-5 months without new treatment having a positive affect.
Funny we should be writing about him now as it just little more than a year since my last correspondence from him, possibly THE last anyone had received from him. So with above info, just do the math.
Have a good evening Doc..
I'm pretty sure someone saw his name in the obituaries as well. I want to say Deb but am not positive.

Good stuff tonight btw across the board

:)

Location hidden

#449802 Aug 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read this often...good words to consider.
Yep

Some things just hit the nail squarely on the head.

Location hidden

#449803 Aug 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO only and from what I understand of scripture pertaining to forgiveness...
An apology or someone asking for forgiveness always feels good...kind of like a step in healing of wounds. Just an acknowledgment that someone treated you wrongly goes a long way. However, receiving an apology is more for yourself...your ego...hurt feelings...pride.
The person that has committed the wrong and doesn't rectify it...that is their cross to bear. Just as not forgiving is that persons cross to bear...according to scripture.
In a not so perfect world...it is sometime difficult to do...in some instances...it is almost impossible.
I agree. And i would imagine browbeating an apology out of someone doesn't do much for the act of forgiveness. Not to mention there is a spirit of the law and the letter of the law. I think anyone listening to Christ and His message know He would have said receiving an apology or seeing an act of repentance has nothing to do with why we need to forgive. If someone wants to great, but has nothing to do with our obligation.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#449804 Aug 5, 2012
Absolutely un R-E-A-L!!!!!!: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/06/sports/olym... And for Kirami James,the runner who finished first,to give Pistorius his nametag was one of the classiest things I've EVER seen an athlete do!! Yes,inspite of all the hate in this world,the love that God put's in our hearts for others is still very REAL in this world!
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#449805 Aug 5, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
Hey Friends, I just received an email from John "Red Apples" he said he received my email and postcard and wanted me to know he suffered a severe heart attack June 23d -- he is in rehab and doing as well as he can and fully intends to make a full recovery --
For those who wish to pray for John and send well wishes I'm sure he will look in when he's able -- TLC - Judy
Thanks for the update Cyber Sister Granny and could you please pass on my best wish of good health to John when you are in touch next? I will add him to my Prayers...:)
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#449806 Aug 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. And you were correct earlier when you quoted Jesus Matthew 6:14-15 saying to forgive others to have the father forgive us. But it got me thinking and it raises an interesting question. Is it really forgiveness if we make it conditional? In other words is requiring proof of repentance or an apology or whatnot something that essentially invalidates the act of forgiving. It would seem at bare minimum requiring something from the other person would be failing to be obedient:
Luke 6:27
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
But I couldn't find anything directly on point as to whether it even counts as forgiveness if an apology or repentance is required. Although stands to reason not everybody is going to so at bare minimum someone would still have Matthew 6:14-15 to deal with.
I notice you mentioned having to get away from someone. I think the two things that aid a great deal in forgiving are time and space.
JMO
(T) Peace
Hi Skom; this might be what you were looking for..

***17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/... ***
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#449807 Aug 5, 2012
Ooops, forgot to mention Romans 16:17-19!!
Doctor REALITY

United States

#449808 Aug 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Doc
From all accounts it has been pretty much confirmed, real name in the obituary and a few other things from people that were in contact with him closer to the end.
Well,I'm not surprised. When he stared using the term 'b.s.' in relation to the Holy Spirit,I KNEW his days were numbered. I don't care if he had cancer,or not,using the term 'b.s.' in relation to the Holy Spirit is a death sentence. God don't play that.

Location hidden

#449809 Aug 5, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Skom; this might be what you were looking for..
***17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/... ***
Hey Serah!

Good verses. Although I was asking about our interaction with those we have issues with, I was trying to find anything that basically said if making our forgiveness contingent on anything basically ruined the act of forgiveness. Like for example, if i forgive someone but only because they apologized to me and would not have forgiven them if they hadn't, would the forgiveness even be considered sincere?

The reason I posted the verse about those that do evil to us and pray for our enemies was just because it would seem to go along the same lines. If we are to love someone who hates us then stands to reason we are to forgive someone that isn't sorry.

But thanks for finding those for me

(T) Peace
Doctor REALITY

United States

#449810 Aug 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Doc
From all accounts it has been pretty much confirmed, real name in the obituary.
Oh,I guess you and a few others around here be corresponding like that,huh? Through G-Mail,I guess??

Location hidden

#449811 Aug 5, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Well,I'm not surprised. When he stared using the term 'b.s.' in relation to the Holy Spirit,I KNEW his days were numbered. I don't care if he had cancer,or not,using the term 'b.s.' in relation to the Holy Spirit is a death sentence. God don't play that.
Not defending that obviously but you know me Doc, I don't believe God strikes people down this side of life. I believe there is a time when we all stand before Christ and then some depart left and some depart right. But that will occur all at once

Romans 2:5-8
"But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person according to what he has done. To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."

Location hidden

#449812 Aug 5, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Oh,I guess you and a few others around here be corresponding like that,huh? Through G-Mail,I guess??
I think I have only talked to two people by email in like the last year and that was OYE and Irrira. OYE just a few weeks ago and man it has been a long time since i heard from Irrira. I know she had no email for a while. I may try to give her a shout now actually. But ever since I started this job I don't really email or t-mail much. I spend enough of my free time just posting as it is.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#449813 Aug 5, 2012
But God said that He will punish evil,and I don't think He was only talking about on Judgement Day. Night,Skom.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#449814 Aug 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I have only talked to two people by email in like the last year and that was OYE and Irrira. OYE just a few weeks ago and man it has been a long time since i heard from Irrira. I know she had no email for a while. I may try to give her a shout now actually. But ever since I started this job I don't really email or t-mail much. I spend enough of my free time just posting as it is.
Yeah,posting on the internet is wild. And posts can travel from from your room all the way around the world without you even knowing about it. I think it was Serah who told me that sometimes she sends some of my posts to a sister of hers in Europe,or something. Crazy. No wonder the Post Office is broke. Night,brother.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#449815 Aug 5, 2012
My heart is sad tonight...people die...simply because of their differences.

Because someone wears a turban...has a beard...they come under attack.

The following is from a news article that I read...

Sikhism is a 500-year-old monotheist faith with about 27 million followers worldwide, including about 300,000 in the United States.

Since 9/11, Sikh groups in the United States have reported a rise in bias attacks. There have been more than 700 reports of hate-related incidents against Sikhs since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, according to the Associated Press. "Sikhs don't practice the same religion as Muslims," the AP noted, "but their long beards and turbans often cause them to be mistaken for Muslims, advocates say."
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#449816 Aug 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Serah!
Good verses. Although I was asking about our interaction with those we have issues with, I was trying to find anything that basically said if making our forgiveness contingent on anything basically ruined the act of forgiveness. Like for example, if i forgive someone but only because they apologized to me and would not have forgiven them if they hadn't, would the forgiveness even be considered sincere?
The reason I posted the verse about those that do evil to us and pray for our enemies was just because it would seem to go along the same lines. If we are to love someone who hates us then stands to reason we are to forgive someone that isn't sorry.
But thanks for finding those for me
(T) Peace
Cheers :)
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#449817 Aug 5, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,posting on the internet is wild. And posts can travel from from your room all the way around the world without you even knowing about it. I think it was Serah who told me that sometimes she sends some of my posts to a sister of hers in Europe,or something. Crazy. No wonder the Post Office is broke. Night,brother.
Not me Doctor :) The only 2 sisters I have live pretty close and aren't on Topix .....

Location hidden

#449818 Aug 5, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,posting on the internet is wild. And posts can travel from from your room all the way around the world without you even knowing about it. I think it was Serah who told me that sometimes she sends some of my posts to a sister of hers in Europe,or something. Crazy. No wonder the Post Office is broke. Night,brother.
Good Night Doc

Location hidden

#449819 Aug 5, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers :)
Good Night Serah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Michael 650,834
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Vikinglovespenis 56,461
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min bad bob 182,994
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 17 min WasteWater 2,363
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 58 min Toby 106,105
what color panties are you guys wearing????????... 1 hr uncute 4
Men in womens clothes (May '12) 2 hr jane 6
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Nacked Truth 45,015
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr brandy trujillo 971,898
More from around the web