Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No one hates you "T"...no matter what gate you choose...at least I don't.
I just happen to think that it is "more" than saying...I believe. IMO It is making a commitment to a way of life. That commitment being more than just when you feel like it or throwing that commitment out the door when you want to have fun.
This whole conversation started because I believe that one's faith should be apparent by the way you live your life...not by just throwing out Bible scriptures...anyone can do that. However to live your life by faith takes more than words...IMO.
Example...some of you post on WINLAC...your words there are much different than they are here...as if you leave that "WINLAC Christian" at the door when you enter this room.
Why? Should you not be the same there as you are here?
I rarely post on WINLAC anymore...I am appalled at some of the posts...from both sides. I got tired of the vile language from some and the suggestive innuendos from others. Well...some of it was not so suggestive but rather fairly crude sexual remarks.
BTW...when I say "you" I am not speaking of you as an individual but as part of a collective group.
I don't hate you "T"...LOL...that never had anything to do with this conversation.
Hi, Annie.

A couple of us manage to maintain interthread integrity.

Mostly unbelievers, oddly enough...

Laffin.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>

If you want me to stop posting to you, then take the hint and don't reply!
What difference would it make? You still post to and about me constantly. And as usual this post you replied to was not to you or about you but that didn't stop you from obsessively replying. What you want is me to submit to your incessant and insane volume of posts and say nothing in hopes you tire your crazy little self out. That will not be the situation. If I choose to reply I will. If I choose to point out how long it has been since my last reply and has many times you have obsessed about me and posting to me in the interim I will. I'm not going to have a psychopath dictate terms to me. Although my plan as always will be mostly to ignore you. I guess we will see just how much I have to ignore based on hypocritical and crazy you continue to act instead of going your own way and letting me go mine.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you mike. You went with messenger of God and not Demon.
A person could say children should not play with elctricity. Do you think the person who says that is saying they are electricity?
Hello b-man,...thanks for the reply.

Let's take the focus off of the self-righteous messenger, you can take someone to the source of electricity and show them the danger.
Some things speak for themselves!
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
THE LAST STAGE
Nothing unclean may enter heaven.
Revelation 21:27
Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.
We are purged of anything unclean and only what is in a foundation built on Christ will remain.
1 Corinthians 3:11-15
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each manís work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.
Then we receive new bodies.
1 Corinthians 15:51-53
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changedó 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality
We are only perfect when doing the will of the father, which is to love everyone, even our enemies
Matthew 5:46-48
If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Obviously man is not perfect and there will be times he does not do this. But if he remains faithful, obedient, and allows the Holy Spirit to convict him and repents when he does wrong then on the last day he will be raised up, his impurities purges, his new body given, and salvation granted.
Hello Skombolis,
from your above post: are you saying if you don't go thru the ritual of a baptism, you won't get the "holy-spirit"(which is just changing your way of thinking to the GOD concept way of thinking)?.
A GOD doesn't give you a holy-spirit, you develope a "holy-spirit".

"Nothing unclean can enter heaven"?..the story of "job", if you believe it was real, where did satan meet with a GOD to discuss "job"?
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

lil whispers wrote:
Hello Everyone;
Both have requested I post this to all of you.Cherianne son called by phone this morning.Spoke to both of them.Cherianne came
thur the surgery real well.Both are now home resting.God bless all loveya lil whispers.
Let the drama begin!
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
As I understand it: What he refered to was the dwelling place of the Most Holy God. The Holy of Holies. Where God met with man. Behind the veil of the temple. When Jesus died the Bible records that the veil was rent from top to bottom. Where God met with man through the High Priest, was destroyed. Three days later Christ rose again and a new temple was built where God met with man through the High Priest. God now meets with man through the High priest Jesus in what is to be the Holy of Holies and is not to be defiled. In a letter to the Corinthians it is written to the believers there. Do you not know that you are the temple of God? And the Spirit of God dwells with in you. If any man defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. This is the same as it was with the old temple before Christs death. We can all go before God the Father through Jesus the son. This is why Jesus being without sin is so important. It is not a building he rebuilt. It is the dwelling place of God where God met with man that was rebuilt.
So it's all figurative?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello b-man,...thanks for the reply.
Let's take the focus off of the self-righteous messenger, you can take someone to the source of electricity and show them the danger.
Some things speak for themselves!
Hello Mike,

Just curious, you have dial-up , is that out of choice or because high speed internet(DSL,cable) are not available in your area? The article Doc posted piqued my curiosity. You take care:)

“THE BRIDEGROOM IS COMING!!!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Thus says The Lord: Blood pours down, a waterfall of tears flow down...
Rivers of tears and blood run through the desolate places! Yet no growth is seen... Nothing at all sprouts forth from the hard and cracked ground. The sound of the charadrion is not heard, neither do the doves come out of their hiding places in the morning... No song is heard.

Blood pours down to cover the mountains...

Blood pours down and tears cover the land...

Blood and tears fall upon the parched ground!...

Yet only dust and ashes remain.

The earth cries out in the morning, and the people mourn at eventide...
From dusk until the dawn, the bodies are piled up in heaps. The whole world loves violence, and over all this murder barely a tear is shed... The voice of weeping and lamentation is rarely heard above a whisper. And the cries of every unborn child is muffled by the sound of their motherís dying womb, as her heart becomes stone... The light of her eyes darkening... Her life, forfeit.

Mankind is covered in wickedness...
The breadth of the whole earth is filled with every kind of evil. Every tree is dry and bears bitter fruit. For the heart of man is black, the void within him, deep... A widening chasm filled with deep darkness, sheer cliffs on every side. Every branch withers, no more will leaves appear... Dry and dead branches, ready to be broken off and cast into the fire.

The heart of The Lord your God is very heavy...

The heart of The Lord is enraged, and is very heavy...

The sorrow of The Lord is deep and infinite.

My people, let it be known to you: I take no pleasure at all in what I must do, in what must be done... NO PLEASURE AT ALL! Says The Lord...
As My hand draws back, blood pours down. As I strike the earth in My anger, My tears run down. As famine spreads forth across the land, My heart is rent inside Me over the hardness of menís hearts! As My face fills with the heat of My fury, My eyes are set ablaze with fire, over that which I see!... My tears run down, My blood pours down.

As My own servants turn from Me and run...

As My own beloved, whom I have called sons and daughters,
Turn and fight against Me...

As My own body betrays Me...

My blood pours down, My tears run down.

As the nations come together, and bind My hands and My feet, My tears run down. As they bruise Me and spit in My eyes, while mocking Me, My tears run down. As they pierce My side, My blood and tears run down together! As My own people drive in the nails still, I am risen up from My place with My arms spread apart, waiting to receive them... My blood runs down, the tears run down.

OH MY PEOPLE!...

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!

[Excerpt from A Testament Against The World... The Lord's Rebuke "Blood Pours Down"]

~ TrumpetCallofGodOnline
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

BoBB AKA BoBB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretty ignorant,aren't you.
Hello B A B,
you post scriptures, but you lack understanding of them.
Your spirit just "ain't" right.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Mike,
Just curious, you have dial-up , is that out of choice or because high speed internet(DSL,cable) are not available in your area? The article Doc posted piqued my curiosity. You take care:)
Hello Senecus,
It's about money(my dail-up)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Skombolis,
from your above post: are you saying if you don't go thru the ritual of a baptism, you won't get the "holy-spirit"(which is just changing your way of thinking to the GOD concept way of thinking)?.
There are different schools of thought on the actual symbolic water baptism in required. While I think one should do it if they have the opportunity which most do, ultimately it is the act of repenting and turning one's self over to Christ that is needed to receive the Holy Spirit. The submitting to wanting to do you said "changing your way of thinking to the GOD concept way of thinking" is what is required.

Some will say a person already has a conscience so it is redundant and incorrect to say the Holy Spirit provides a deeper moral base than our own and it something Christians claim to have extra that they do not. But it is not the same conscience. For example, there is nothing in my moral base that tells me it is wrong to tell someone acting like a jerk to go take a leap. There is nothing in my moral base that tells me it is wrong to tell someone acting like a psychopath they are acting like one. They are justified responses to my way of thinking. However I know that is not what God wants. God wants me to turn the other cheek, He wants me to love my neighbor, enemy, and brother regardless. I know I have put my own desires above God when I do this.

So yes I believe for someone to receive the Holy Spirit there must be a desire not only prior to repent and be of faith but after to try to change our way of thinking to be more like Christ.
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
A GOD doesn't give you a holy-spirit, you develop a "holy-spirit".
Not the case.

Acts 5:32
We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has GIVEN to those who obey him."
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nothing unclean can enter heaven"?..the story of "job", if you believe it was real, where did satan meet with a GOD to discuss "job"?
I don't know what you are asking here. What does this have to do with being cleansed of our impurities leaving only a foundation built in Christ before receiving our new bodies and entering heaven?

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

For those that missed it or didn't catch it all, they have a 2nd service beginning around 11:50am EST

<repost>

A live service concerning is Jesus the only way(interesting), if you want to watch click "Live service online" in upper right:

http://www.gtaog.org/
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>John was Jesus's favorite!!! also one of mine along with Paul
Hello T-Clown,
What verse of scripture state jesus said, john is my favorite?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello B A B,
What is it I don't understand?

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Senecus,
It's about money(my dail-up)
Thanks for the response Mike, been there, done that too, for the same reason - being short on shekels:)

Good day to ya...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello T-Clown,
What verse of scripture state jesus said, john is my favorite?
Matthew 11:11
I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
There are different schools of thought on the actual symbolic water baptism in required. While I think one should do it if they have the opportunity which most do, ultimately it is the act of repenting and turning one's self over to Christ that is needed to receive the Holy Spirit. The submitting to wanting to do you said "changing your way of thinking to the GOD concept way of thinking" is what is required.
Some will say a person already has a conscience so it is redundant and incorrect to say the Holy Spirit provides a deeper moral base than our own and it something Christians claim to have extra that they do not. But it is not the same conscience. For example, there is nothing in my moral base that tells me it is wrong to tell someone acting like a jerk to go take a leap. There is nothing in my moral base that tells me it is wrong to tell someone acting like a psychopath they are acting like one. They are justified responses to my way of thinking. However I know that is not what God wants. God wants me to turn the other cheek, He wants me to love my neighbor, enemy, and brother regardless. I know I have put my own desires above God when I do this.
So yes I believe for someone to receive the Holy Spirit there must be a desire not only prior to repent and be of faith but after to try to change our way of thinking to be more like Christ.
<quoted text>
Not the case.
Acts 5:32
We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has GIVEN to those who obey him."
<quoted text>
I don't know what you are asking here. What does this have to do with being cleansed of our impurities leaving only a foundation built in Christ before receiving our new bodies and entering heaven?
Thanks,
from where I sit, it's all figurative.This "holy-spirit" doesn't keep you from sinning, nor does it give you added strength, it is simply the thinking process and the GOD concept initiates the necessity to change one's way of thinking. Just because something is written in the bible doesn't make it so.
You posted,"nothing unclean" can enter into heaven, I asked, if you believe the "job" story to be real, where did satan meet GOD to discuss "job"?...was it in heaven?

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>neither is yours
Yours is based on all your own lies.

Mine is based on research and intelligence..
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

BoBB AKA BoBB wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it I don't understand?
Thanks for the reply.

How to control your spirit, there is no GOD to control your spirit for you.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
it is guarantie ,because all private public media,or cyber informatic system have to comply to the 2nd amendment,so long how long operate from this country,
if operation would be from england,germany or italy,it would be strickly private outside of the compliance of american laws only operating in US country.(not outside of this land)
have nice day BoBB
BoBB AKA BoBB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretty ignorant,aren't you.
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello B A B,
What does my statement have to do with scripture? It was about freedom of speeh in a private forum such as Topix which is not garaunteed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 434,541 - 434,560 of596,742
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

451 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 min Dale_Harris 52,623
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 min -USA-1 110,329
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Aerobatty 217,965
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 8 min -USA-1 37,982
Dubai Massage Body to Body Service in Dubai 05... 9 min Dubai Massage 0559702255 7
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min KiMare 89,773
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Tide with Beach 682,702
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 513,262
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Insults Are Easier 250,678
•••
•••
•••