mike

AOL

#448423 Jul 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit does not prevent us from sinning, at least not to the extent that we are no longer capable of sin. I agree. But I disagree we can't pull strength from the Holy Spirit. But to do so we have to listen to Him. Why else would a person seek to achieve a higher moral code than their own if they see nothing wrong with their own code? The desire to please God and to act according to his will comes from a change in our thinking. That comes from the Holy Spirit. Without faith there would be no reason to believe such a thing would be important or necessary. Without faith there would be no desire to try to live up to this standard. We would simply go by our own sense of right and wrong but through the Holy Spirit God asks us to do more than that.
<quoted text>
The Bible doesn't say. Only that he appeared before the Lord and was not on Earth when he did so. But in Matthew..
Matthew 5:20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 7:13
"You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.
...it says ENTER the kingdom of heaven. The Bible also says God watches from heaven and in Jewish scripture there are actually three heavens which would could also explain how Elijah ascended without going to the actual abode of God. There are different Greek words used for Heaven meaning different things. So my best guess would be this meeting took place in some level of the spiritual plane but not the heaven spoke of in Revelations.
Let's stick with the "holy-spirit"...do you think adam and eve had this holy-spirit?..is doesn't make sense to me for a GOD to give you something that could help you live a better life, after you have lived such a sinful life without it. I find no difference in who I am as once believed, or as a non believer. No matter what a person choose to use in bettering themselves, it still comes down to their effort, not some holy-spirit that does it for you....there is no GOD that developes me, and there is no GOD that makes life better, it is all choice and chance.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#448424 Jul 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
...Matthew 7:13
"You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way...
It says nothing of "Hell" in that verse. It says "destruction". No afterlife concept implied in it at all.
mike

AOL

#448425 Jul 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Being the greatest and being Christ's favorite may not be strictly synonymous but I think it is a fair assumption.
There is also
John 19:26
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
John 13:23
One of them, the disciple whom Jesus loved, was reclining next to him.
The below commentary explains why this is believed to be the apostle John
http://www.gotquestions.org/disciple-whom-Jes...
You also have
Those verses are not clear on who,"whom" is.

Anyway thanks.
mike

AOL

#448426 Jul 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
For all we know, at the time Jesus could have thought John the Baptist was the Messiah.
Hello G-D

“Love much, trust none”

There

#448427 Jul 29, 2012
TrumpetCallofGod wrote:
Thus says The Lord: Blood pours down, a waterfall of tears flow down.......
First, that is no where in the Bible.
Second, you are passing off a recent human writing as the "word of God".
Third, you stoleit from this liars website: http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...

All you do is prove that most of you will believe any pretty words some son of Satan proclaims.

May you find Jesus.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#448428 Jul 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It says nothing of "Hell" in that verse. It says "destruction". No afterlife concept implied in it at all.
That verse is from NLT 2007 and says hell

http://bible.cc/matthew/7-13.htm

Although given the other major translations all say destruction that is probably the better translation
mike

AOL

#448429 Jul 29, 2012
BoBB AKA BoBB wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall we discuss your callous, uncaring, cynical and hateful attitude?
You describe me to a tee, but I don't claim christianity.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#448430 Jul 29, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>It's about your christian attitude.
You're fake.
Can you have a fake Rhineestone ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#448431 Jul 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Being the greatest and being Christ's favorite may not be strictly synonymous but I think it is a fair assumption....
If He had said Caesar is the greatest Emperor would that me that Caesar and was His favorite person in the world ?
mike

AOL

#448432 Jul 29, 2012
BoBB AKA BoBB wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether I'm fake or not has nothing to do with what scripture says. You can't discuss the Bible so you make it personal and call me a fake. I think that's called deflection.
Wow!

I don't have a problem with the bible, I have a desire to attack those claiming to have a relationship with a GOD, but act just like me.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#448433 Jul 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
...John 19:26
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
John 13:23
One of them, the disciple whom Jesus loved, was reclining next to him.
It was Mary Magdalene. 2000 years of trying to wipe out all the women in the Bible does not make Catholic dogma true.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#448434 Jul 29, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>You describe me to a tee, but I don't claim christianity.
I never claimed to be a Christian. But I wouldn't be offended if I were called one.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#448436 Jul 29, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello G-D
Hi! Mike.

Glad you are giving as good as you get. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#448437 Jul 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That verse is from NLT 2007 and says hell
http://bible.cc/matthew/7-13.htm
Although given the other major translations all say destruction that is probably the better translation
The NLT is not a very good translation at all. Very biased and IMHO often to the point of fraud.

Lots of other verses to back your thoughts up, that is not one of them.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#448438 Jul 29, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Wow!
I don't have a problem with the bible, I have a desire to attack those claiming to have a relationship with a GOD, but act just like me.
Good point.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#448439 Jul 29, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that post to you Micah Copycat? What ID were you using when you knew Micah? Skombolis knows what is was too. Doesn't he? He knows your ID is a fake alright.
GFYD

Location hidden

#448440 Jul 29, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Let's stick with the "holy-spirit"...do you think adam and eve had this holy-spirit?.
I don't think there was a need for the Holy Spirit originally with Adam and Eve. Even if parabolic it would not be until after man sinned of his own free will and man's nature was forever corrupted did there become a need to be saved. So going back to the very first man and woman in the Bible is not going to apply the same way as it does to everyone after.
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
.is doesn't make sense to me for a GOD to give you something that could help you live a better life, after you have lived such a sinful life without it.
Why? Isn't that a perfect example of who would need it the most? A person who has been leading a very sinful life left to their own devices is in the most need for help by way of faith and Spirit.
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I find no difference in who I am as once believed, or as a non believer. No matter what a person choose to use in bettering themselves, it still comes down to their effort, not some holy-spirit that does it for you....there is no GOD that developes me, and there is no GOD that makes life better, it is all choice and chance.
You don't believe in a higher power or that there is something greater than yourself. But for those that do believe that, they are not freed from personal responsibility or choice. They simply strive to do better not only for themselves but for God and are strengthened by their faith.

But you mention life getting better and there is no God that does this. But how do you really know? Did you ever have a strong belief in God or did you abandon the faith first chance you got as some do when they feel it was forced upon them growing up? Have you ever tried returning to the faith now that you are older and presumably more equipped to develop a real relationship with God? Believing in God doesn't guarantee a great life, it guarantees you will have God in it to love you and help you deal with it.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#448441 Jul 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi! Mike.
Glad you are giving as good as you get. <smile>
what a s..... with you,
you got no life,no breakfast, no brake,no feed your house full of dogs,rats,and mouses,
only seat like lunatic 24 a day on internet,
pee in your bed, and for sure some dry s....is still glued around your bed,
what disguisting and misearable are those atheistic blasphemers of God-just dung of this globe

Location hidden

#448442 Jul 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The NLT is not a very good translation at all. Very biased and IMHO often to the point of fraud.
Lots of other verses to back your thoughts up, that is not one of them.
I took it from something i was reading and did not even know it was from the NLT. I try whenever possible to take my verses from http://www.bible.cc as it lists all major translations so I can see what is probably the most accurate and know what the others say. This particular search pulled it up from elsewhere.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#448443 Jul 29, 2012
JohnJaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that post to you Micah Copycat? What ID were you using when you knew Micah? Skombolis knows what is was too. Doesn't he? He knows your ID is a fake alright.
you have to change your attitudes all your fakes are not christian true believr thoughts,
gossip, earthly love, insulting poor skombolis are 3 of your huge mistakes
just pray for help,forgiveness, and at end take nap sometimes,
because I imagine you as reatarde half nacked psycho with air pilot cap from 2 WW on your head, and teared completly dirty short pants.
so man?take shower,brake,take nap, and before eat some sandwich with margarine and slices of onions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumajuice 796,208
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Pegasus 267,539
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 8 min Ricky F 37,645
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Martix 508
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 568,411
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 1 hr TrueSoldier70 17
I caught my husband on dating site for cheaters (Aug '13) 3 hr della 9
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 hr Make World peace ... 617
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web