Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#444136 Jul 8, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims say the same about the Qu'ran.
Anyone can write anything, it doesn't make it reality.
"If you have to have believe in a book you don't have believe in God. You simply believe in a book."
There is much depth in The Bible ~ if you can't see that, you aren't feeling history

#444137 Jul 8, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
I think another break for me is in order... Shalom everyone, and have fun!
You too Chillin':)

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#444138 Jul 8, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>It's a CHRISTIAN thread. Ya'll just be poppin' in-n-out.
Doc, ya thick as a brick...here we go again...look , it's an "Open Forum"...like the agoras of old, a 'market place' of ideas and discussion. The title just happens to have "Jesus" in it and the question within it solicits thought of Him and His ministry, but it's still in Top Stories opened to all to join in.

Hope that helps;)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#444139 Jul 8, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tim,...don't see it ,either...
Looking to return to a world that never actually existed?

Ain't that the very definition of fundamentalism?

*wink*

Gooda see everyone.

*poof*

#444140 Jul 8, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey my Sister from down under, Serah,
I’m glad you were wrong about yesterday being a bad day and had a good one instead. Sometimes we can let what seems to be keep us from experiencing the good that really is. Yes God does understand us and if we will let Him be, is with us through our trials and tribulations. We do matter to Him. Thank Him for that!! I for one don’t deserve it except for what Jesus did. He made it possible.
Maybe some will understand but maybe some would rather blame someone else and remain in their misery instead of trying to pick up the peaces and go on with a happier life. That goes for both sides of the preverbal fence. Some are more comfortable doing that that stepping out from behind the wall they have put up to keep everything out and giving life a chance. Sometimes it is hard to take that step.
Anyway Lady, good to see and talk with you. Missed you while you were gone from here.:)
HFN
Cheers, I too missed my time in here, but now have been drawn back like a horse to water, and I am drinking of my own accord. It is good to see so many of our old Posters and Familiar back in this territory, it warms the cockles of the heart :)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#444141 Jul 8, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Pipek,aka Shrink,is a hateful,double-minded loner. So just ignore him. He has some marbles running loose.
Now yer talkin'!

:)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#444142 Jul 8, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful news Stewie -- my sister is fighting breast cancer and goes for 2nd chemo Tues --
Oh how I would hope for a revival of this thread -- but each chapter seems to hold it's own and for that I'm thankful.
Many dear memories lie within these pages and tis nice to know it's not over. I hope to remain even thru breaks as long as the Lord tarries. So GOod to share with you TLC - Judy
My best wishes to you and your sister, Gran.

And I'll try not to clog up the thread too much...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#444143 Jul 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
When I lived in Atlant there was a community co-op down the street from me run by not only volunteers from the area churches but also anyone that wanted to help. They did great work in providing for those that needed it. I supported them through donations, word of mouth advertising and through purchasing as much as I could from them.
Sometimes however...there are those churches that put more emphasis on that "conversion" than they do helping.
A few months after my husbands suicide I was struggling with trying to rectify in my mind what I had learned from my Christian upbringing and what had transpired in my mind..."commit suicide and burn in hell"...
I made an appointment to see one of the local pastors in my community...I needed to talk my way through this...who better than a minister...right??? What I was basically told was...forget that issue for now...let's get you saved and back in church first...I got up and left. Another minister told me...we only have time to council our members...not outsiders...so join the church and then we will talk to you.
LOL
I am not saying that all churches or Christians feel that way...but they are out there.
It is really good to see you back here...so many of the regulars that were here...like you...just got tired of all the nonsense that goes on here. I don't post nearly as often as I used to...but hey...things change...I suppose!
Sorry to hear that you have been having more health issues. I have had some myself and have had to make some adjustments to my life but I managed to get out of bed this morning so...I am grateful!
Hiya Lass!

Saddened to learn of that experience you had with a few churches, and it's not all that uncommon - unfortunately. In my walk with Him through the years I've encountered many "horror stories" and read the 'riot report' about particular churches or even denominations as a whole. I've experienced some myself. It ought not be. But , man is frail and spirit weak and many are blinded by the "cares of this life" and their eye are not "upon Him" , but upon the temporal.

Yet, there are churches out there where for what they lack in the material, they make up for in the spiritual. It is they you seek out, the ones who will put their arms around you and weep with you, even into the wee hours. I've seen them ,too, but alas they are few and far between.

Bottom line though is we forever have an 'Advocate', an can call on Him in our time of need.

May you be blest, Annie , just rest in Him:)

“...so I can see you.”

Love Conquers All

#444144 Jul 8, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
I'm human and without thinking, I probably sin once or twice a day. One of my worst is impatience. Another is gossip. Let's face it, we all gossip and sometimes don't even realize we're doing it, like "did you hear about so and so whos name is in the paper" and that's after it's been passed along nine or ten times.
Hi JW, wow, it's been a while since you first penned these words, yet every time I read them, some new thoughts fills my mind.

I think we all struggle with repeating things we have heard, even when we have no idea whether they are true or not. For some reason, it is human nature to have something to say that we think others will want to hear. We think it makes us look important, somehow.
Another is envy, especially when I hear of someone who has won the lottery and I think "Why them instead of me?" Laziness is another. I find myself picking up the tv remote instead of picking up the Bible and searching for the answer to a question that is bothering me and asking for guidance.
I guess if each of us were honest, we could name a jillion "flaws" about the things we think and the actions we do every day...and the actions we don't do every day.
I could go on and on but in my heart, Jesus and God are very important to me and I feel that I am loved in spite of the fact that I have to apologize to Him every day, sometimes more than once even though I feel in my heart that I don't deserve the love and peace that follow. Anyhow, JMHO. Blessings to all, I for one am going to work on those that I have mentioned and hopefully be a better person for it.
I wonder, sometimes, if God worries about the inconsistencies and perceived wrongs in our lives as much as we worry about them ourselves. Could it be that He is looking for something else altogether? Something more than to find every tiny thing that could be wrong with us and try to change it? I don't know. But I wonder if maybe we place a higher level of importance sometimes on our flaws to the extent that we miss just the sheer joy of living, full of faith and hope. At some point, I think, we just have to trust Him and be at rest. Then we can focus on other people and begin to make a difference in the world.

I think when we begin to live free of condemning ourselves, then we can open our eyes to see the true hearts of other people more clearly and can cease to condemn them as well.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#444145 Jul 8, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
*wink*
Gooda see everyone.
*poof*
Yo 'X', how ya be!

'Fundamentalism'?...I had some on me?...I'd better go take a shower!

;)

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

#444146 Jul 8, 2012
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
When is my last breath? When is your last breath? when is that person you feed's last breath? Who cares? Feed there stomach. That is the right thing to do. But, don't you dare make an attempt to feed their soul. The audacity of some people, worrying about someone elses soul. Seriously, don't tell them a way to prevent their soul from spending an eternity in Hell. But don't let them go on an empty stomach.
There is something wrong with this picture.
Does death wait until after someone has gone to your church to hear the good news that Jesus died for thier sins to save them from the bondages of sin.
Does the bible say go unto your church and preach the gospel or does it say go unto all the world?
What I am reading here is starting to sound very funny in a very sad way.
Does the Bible teach us that we should only preach the gospel in the confines of four walls many call church? The Bible teaches that the believers are the church, the believers are the temple of God. And we are to preach the gospel in season and out of season to all the world. That all might be saved. I don't know what gospel others believe in. But the gospel I believe in is for every man, woman, and child. And believers are to share it with everyone. If they don't want to hear it then dust your feet off and move on. Move on yes, but at least give them the chance to choose.
This is my oppinion and I don't care if it offends anyone or not. I will go out of my way to be nice and respectful to you and your oppinions. But,I will not compromise the Gospel of Jesus Christ or bow down and kiss your Azz just so I can sound nice to you.
Which is most important, a persons soul, or their flesh? Or, don't you believe a person has a soul?
And save the poor me, everyone is picking on me routine. I did not address anyone. I addressed everyone. If the shoe fits, wear it. If it don't apply, let it fly.
Have a great day :)
Good afternoon, I agree with some of what you say. True we are told to go into the world and preach the gospel. But we are to help the physically needy also. Look at James 2: 14-17
What good is it, my brothers if someone he has faith but does not have works? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food and one of you says " Go in peace, be warmed and filled without giving them things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself if it does not have works is dead. By all means teach but see to their physical needs also. I don't believe it says anywhere in the New Testament help is just for the believers or those not of the household of faith must be taught before they are fed or helped in any way. Jesus said to love our brothers as our self. Galatians 6: 10 So then as we have opportunity let us do good to everyone, and especially those who are of the household of faith.

People in physical need come to churches. What does it say about christians if they are refused that help? Peace and blessings to you .

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#444147 Jul 8, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
*wink*
Gooda see everyone.
*poof*
Hey X....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#444148 Jul 8, 2012
Open Your Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi JW, wow, it's been a while since you first penned these words, yet every time I read them, some new thoughts fills my mind.
I think we all struggle with repeating things we have heard, even when we have no idea whether they are true or not. For some reason, it is human nature to have something to say that we think others will want to hear. We think it makes us look important, somehow.
<quoted text>
I guess if each of us were honest, we could name a jillion "flaws" about the things we think and the actions we do every day...and the actions we don't do every day.
<quoted text>
I wonder, sometimes, if God worries about the inconsistencies and perceived wrongs in our lives as much as we worry about them ourselves. Could it be that He is looking for something else altogether? Something more than to find every tiny thing that could be wrong with us and try to change it? I don't know. But I wonder if maybe we place a higher level of importance sometimes on our flaws to the extent that we miss just the sheer joy of living, full of faith and hope. At some point, I think, we just have to trust Him and be at rest. Then we can focus on other people and begin to make a difference in the world.
I think when we begin to live free of condemning ourselves, then we can open our eyes to see the true hearts of other people more clearly and can cease to condemn them as well.
Yea....OYE is here

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

#444149 Jul 8, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Stewie ,good to 'see' ya here:)
He's(them,it?) a troll,and a vile one,- plan and simple - just go into "ignore" mode (and report if need be, its been banned numerous times already on several threads).
You have a great evening!
Hay good to see you too. It feels nice to be back talking with my old friends. I have missed all of you. You have a blessed evening also.

“God Bless America”

Location hidden

#444150 Jul 8, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful news Stewie -- my sister is fighting breast cancer and goes for 2nd chemo Tues --
Oh how I would hope for a revival of this thread -- but each chapter seems to hold it's own and for that I'm thankful.
Many dear memories lie within these pages and tis nice to know it's not over. I hope to remain even thru breaks as long as the Lord tarries. So GOod to share with you TLC - Judy
Oh Judy I have missed all of you. I to have fond memories of this thread before trolls took over. I will remember your sister in my prayers. I do believed with all my heart that God answers prayers and he answered the prayers of my friends and family when I was found cancer free after the surgery, No chemo or radiation. Tell you sister there is a bright side to chemo. I lost hair all over my body not just my head. Now I don't have to shave my legs, it never came back. LOL. Blessings, Love Linda

“...so I can see you.”

Love Conquers All

#444151 Jul 8, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea....OYE is here
Hi Epi, just checking in.
pipek

Baltimore, MD

#444152 Jul 8, 2012
Stewie wrote:
<quoted text>Hay good to see you too. It feels nice to be back talking with my old friends. I have missed all of you. You have a blessed evening also.
you call them'friends"do you know those trolls personaly,or never saw their dougle toungues faces/cyber friends are not friends at all,
they don'nt fit definition Friend is the daily life,good or bad.

true friend is,when you are sick,or bad mood, or have good day, and he is close to you,giving enjoyment,support, etc........
pipek

Baltimore, MD

#444153 Jul 8, 2012
Open Your Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Epi, just checking in.
what Love conquers ALL????
WHAT IS YOUR DEFINTION" ALL"???

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#444154 Jul 8, 2012
Open Your Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hello OYE!

Another "long time no see!"

Pray you've been well:)
Open Your Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya think a lot are just "Professional Navel Gazers"?

You be well:)
pipek

Baltimore, MD

#444156 Jul 8, 2012
wORLDWIDE RELIGION-ESSPECIALY FAKE CHRISTIANITY
----------
Strive to fill your head with so much churches sermonical nonsense that you only recourse is to bow your head in submissionmoften quite literaly,
Not before God alone, only submission before bloody man made Lies,and doctrines of church

get used to spending a lot of time on your knees because acts of submission such as bowing and kneeling,or kissing pope ring,hand,a..... are frequently incorporated into earthly fake religious practice.

Canine obedience training uses simmilar tacktics.
NOW SAY"YES MASTER" NOT JESUS CHRIST ONLY SELP APPOINTED CHURCH MASTER OF YOUR DECIVED SOUL,AND DAILY LIFE

to be continue
Vicious activity of worldwide fales Babilon Great-christianity day by day is exposed to the worldwide publics, and daily reality

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 5 min Ninja 77
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Joyful8118 854,868
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Tony17 596,364
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min I Am No One_ 444,339
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USawarringIdiotSo... 177,176
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr razz58 2,635
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,709
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr ChristINSANITY is... 1,010
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 272,084
More from around the web