Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441165 Jun 18, 2012
Serious question.

Why aren't most of what the commentators (Paul, John, James, Peter etc.)claim backed up by Jesus own words ? I mean actual straight forward statements, not twisted apologetic interpretations.

If what they claim is so imposrtant why didn;t Jesus say it when He was alive ?

I think it is because it either wasn't important or nothing He ever intended.

Just because in 325 AD the Roman church decided "Only these books are the words of God" doesn't make it so, esp. when it required murdering all other Christians and burning all other scriptures to get everyone to acept it.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#441166 Jun 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
All sins are parallel sins as far as the punishment:
Psalms 56:13
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord
Same with unbelief compared to the wages of sin
Revelation 21:7-8
“He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
There are some verses in which Moses is told those that sin against God are guilty of the greater sin and obviously blasphemy of the Spirit is the one unforgivable sin but from a practical standpoint sin and unbelief all result in the same thing. Rejecting Christ doesn't lead to damnation more than any other unforgiven sin. But obviously to be forgiven one must first accept Christ.
We may be agreeing on some things here but was a little confused as to why the decision to compare one specific sin to pedophilia and looking for a little more clarification on what you meant by "Trust me rejecting Christ is above all sins which you refer to and homosexuality and pedophilia are parallel sins. "
Peace
Hey Stevie, on break?

You noticed it too, caught my eye also, "parallel sins..." - which prompted my response here for clarification:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Don't know if we'll see one(soon), seems he's off to PTAG thread, looks like some of the "inhabitants" there drifted here briefly.

But point , sin is sin, and though some may find one(sin) more repugnant personally than another, it does not alter God's view, His justice, or His remedy.

Hope your night is going well.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#441167 Jun 18, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Stevie, on break?
You noticed it too, caught my eye also, "parallel sins..." - which prompted my response here for clarification:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Don't know if we'll see one(soon), seems he's off to PTAG thread, looks like some of the "inhabitants" there drifted here briefly.
But point , sin is sin, and though some may find one(sin) more repugnant personally than another, it does not alter God's view, His justice, or His remedy.
Hope your night is going well.
Not in today. Gonna be off all next week too. It comes at a good time though because then we are ramping up hard and I think everybody needed the rest.

Yeah wasn't sure if "parallel sins" was being limited or the distinction and weight added to rejecting Christ and unforgiven sins.

Yeah I figured by the post count and name (looks like there were a few previous versions) it may just be a cameo appearance but figured why not? Not like the rest of my time is spent so judiciously on Topix anyway!

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441170 Jun 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in today. Gonna be off all next week too. It comes at a good time though because then we are ramping up hard and I think everybody needed the rest.
Yeah wasn't sure if "parallel sins" was being limited or the distinction and weight added to rejecting Christ and unforgiven sins.
Yeah I figured by the post count and name (looks like there were a few previous versions) it may just be a cameo appearance but figured why not? Not like the rest of my time is spent so judiciously on Topix anyway!
My feelings exactly, and if you viewed my response , I started off thinking(writing) out loud- "Ehh..why not"!

BTW, you have Tmail:)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441171 Jun 18, 2012
Name appears on post wrote:
YYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeEEEE EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh!!!!!!!!!!
I have to pee. Sometimes I put my hands over my pee parts and jump up and down!! Because I have to pee.
Ooookay~

Enjoy...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441172 Jun 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not often someone defends a poster that has had to be banned over 125 times. Everybody is entitled to their opinions obviously. But I thought one of yours was that Shrink is a terrible representative of Christianity and there was nothing you liked about him? Please don't ask me to find the post as I am going by memory but just was a little surprised to now hear you say he has things to add. Have you changed your opinion recently and based on what if you don't mind me asking?
Who do you believe is running cover for other posters? I am in agreement it happens at times as IMO trolls posing as serious posters get support in places I wouldn't always have guessed but was curious where you felt it was being done?
Hello skom. My view has not changed. I think only Jesus is a good representative of Christianity. We, through the Holy Spirit, are being transformed into his likeness but have not attained it yet. It is his righteousness not ours. This I believe. The question I think should be, who among us is worthy to judge his heart? Or, who among us has walked in his shoes and lived the life he has lived. Who among us knows the changes in his heart that might or might not have accured. Does any know if he has been involved in great battles of hand to hand combat or not? And if he has, does any know the scars that he has been healed of or is being healed of? To condemn the language, sure. But the man and all that he is? I don't think there is any qualified to do so. Do you know the workings of God in his life? I do not. No more then the workings of God in your life. We each have different walks. What scars or misteachings does each person have? I don't know. In my oppinion only God does. I once knew a man that had a very foul mouth, and people would talk about what a bad person he was. But they didn't know that that man with a big mouth used to beat people up with his fists instead of his mouth. But God changed him little by little. So what the people saw as a terrible thing was really a blessed work in progress. That man now doesn't have a foul mouth either. And God is still working on him. And this is a true story.
The word of God, is the word of God. And it is truth. And when anyone speaks the truth, it is a good contribution to any conversation. These are just some of my thoughts on the matter.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441173 Jun 18, 2012
I like the idea of Satanism. I used to be into the occult and what might be referred to as Satanism. Though not the LaVeyan type; I'm talking actual Spiritual or religious Satanism. It was a MAJOR special interest of mine. Then after a while, I don't know. Like ALL religion, it started to scare the crap out of me. It had nothing to do with Satanism being "evil." It wasn't a Satanism-specific issue. It's just that religion in GENERAL is something I am ultimately incompatible with. Though I definitely learned a lot from that particular path I had chosen. It certainly had an impact on me and in most respects, I hadn't "changed" from then to now. It wasn't a "phase" I went through. I've tried many religions and that one was actually the longest I've ever been involved with. It's just that religion actually makes me feel ill, both physically and mentally, to the point where I break down and become nearly psychotic. I am a free spirit, and I need my freedom. That's all there is to it.
This can be a serious topic of discussion. Might surprise some but at one time I Was "..into the occult.." too, but not outright "Satan worship" -or as you put the 'LaVeyan'(Anton LaVey)type and as with you "....it started to scare the crap out of me." But did so , not because of any 'religious' nature(it had none to begin with), but by what I witnessed first hand- truly supernatural...and truly Satanic.

It prompted my search for 'spiritualisms' in other directions, let's just say;)

Location hidden

#441176 Jun 18, 2012
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello skom. My view has not changed. I think only Jesus is a good representative of Christianity.

So you feel everyone but Jesus is not a good representative of Christianity and see no variance in presentation among believers? Epi posting morning prayers and Shrink telling people to suck his D would be equal representations in your view?
<quoted text>
We, through the Holy Spirit, are being transformed into his likeness but have not attained it yet. It is his righteousness not ours. This I believe. The question I think should be, who among us is worthy to judge his heart?

No offense B-man but it seems you kind of reserve the right to judge and who should be judged to be left at your discretion. The following you wrote is judging more than anyone elseis of Shrink?

B-man posted:

"Which is more offensive, to ramble a bunch of insulting words when posting to some one, words that don't even have anything to do with what the poster being posted to said, or to bait and wait and single out poster after poster to attack. Both aproaches are a waiste of time to me. Having a bunch of posters run cover for, and to give supposed credability to another poster does not make the tactics any more right or wrong. This is a public forum and we are all supposed to be adults. "
<quoted text>
These are just some of my thoughts on the matter.
That is what I was interested in learning more about. The timing and priority to things just seem very different sometimes. There have been no internal conflicts going on except basically the general dissatisfaction with the trolling so it seemed like a weird time to chastise others while seemingly defended a poster banned 125 times. Why when Shrink acts terrible is it characterized as him not "playing how others want him to" yet when you oppose a poster's actions you are engaging in a spiritual battle in which the gates of hell won't prevail?

I honestly am not looking for an argument but just seems like it would be easier to just admit you basically are fine with Shrink and want him to continue posting. Dressing it up in all this other stuff just seems unnecessary. You may not be doing that. It is just how i see it. I could be wrong., Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter as well.

Location hidden

#441177 Jun 18, 2012
Edit B-Man

Meant to say:

The following is NOT judging any more than anyone else is with Shrink?

It seems like the same IMO, the only difference being you support it in one area and not in another. Again, JMO

Location hidden

#441179 Jun 18, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>If all believe that all sins are parallel, then why is there a need for clarification regarding comparing pedophilia with homosexuality. Is this an insult to the pedophile or the homosexual? In Leviticus God said to put the two engaged in homosexuality to death.
Now, should I have compared homosexuality to murder, rape or bestiality?
You are confused, rejecting Christ is exactly what leads to damnation, accept that all rejections are temporal accept the one that is final at death. So, rejecting Christ leads to damnation and all that die having rejected Christ are damned.
Homosexuality is not the rich man, his baggage and trust in homosexuality will cause it to be all impossible for him to make it through the "eye of a needle" (gateway into an Israeli city).
You ignored the verses i gave you I just an opinion not supported by Scripture.

I never said rejecting Christ doesn't lead to damnation, I said it doesn't lead to damnation ANY MORE than any other unforgiven sin. According to the Bible all sins receive equal punishment.

If you have any verses to dispute this please let me know. Here are a few more for clarity:

James 5:19-20
My brothers if anyone among you wonders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins

Ezekiel 18:20-22
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”

John 3:16
“Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”.

Psalms 56:13
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

Revelation 21:7-8
“He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Galatians 5:19
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Sin is sin. Unbelief is considered a sin. All sin leads to death without Christ. There is no ranking of sins or anything Biblical to support unbelief leads to a worse fate than unforgiven sins.

Location hidden

#441180 Jun 18, 2012
Edit Sir Doctor:

Meant to say:

You ignored the verses i gave you and just gave an opinion not supported by Scripture.

But as I just stated, if you have verses to refute the ones provided or to support your statement that unbelief is a worse fate than sin when the wages of sin is death then I will look at them when you post them.

Location hidden

#441181 Jun 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Serious question.
Why aren't most of what the commentators (Paul, John, James, Peter etc.)claim backed up by Jesus own words ? I mean actual straight forward statements, not twisted apologetic interpretations.
If what they claim is so imposrtant why didn;t Jesus say it when He was alive ?
I think it is because it either wasn't important or nothing He ever intended.
Just because in 325 AD the Roman church decided "Only these books are the words of God" doesn't make it so, esp. when it required murdering all other Christians and burning all other scriptures to get everyone to acept it.
Hey G, I know these question are serious for you. And I am ashamed that I am not better studied in the word of God then I am. The OT and the teaching of Jesus are the word of God in my oppinon. And the gospel of Jesus Christ is found in both of them. Jesus didn't want all to undestand straight out. The search for the truth and understanding is part of the process. It is this way for our good. Have you asked God these questions? And are you willing to accept the answers that he might give. Even if they are different then what you thought. These are not questions that I ask for an answer to me. But rather questions I think we all should be asking ourselves.

The teacher did not make it to class today. So we went over the homework on our own. Make the best of what you've got:)

I know I did not answer your question but I did want to acknowledge that I read them and am giving them thought. I acknowledge you.

Have a good night G. I have to sleep.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441182 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>
FORREST GUMP!! WOOOOOOOW!!
FORREST GUMP was SUPPOSED TO BE AUTISTIC!! HE IS AUTISTIC IN THE ORIGINAL NOVEL!! Unfortunately, the MOVIE ADAPTATION just has EVERYONE calling him "stupid"!! But I didn't find ANYTHING AT ALL "stupid" about him in that MOVIE!! NOT IN THE LEAST!! THE MOVIE ITSELF, even in spite of the "stupid" label, is ABOUT an AUTISTIC individual. Forrest Gump has ALL the AUTISTIC TRAITS. It's one of my ALL-TIME favorite movies!! I think I have A LOT in common with Forrest Gump, too!! ABSOLUTELY!! TONS OF THINGS IN COMMON!! And I don't just say that about ANY Autistic character, either!! FORREST GUMP IS AWESOME AND WE ARE A LOT ALIKE!!
I'M REALLY GLAD YOU SHARED THAT PART OF THE MOVIE!!
You're quite welcome < Big Smile >

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#441183 Jun 18, 2012
Sir Doctor 3 wrote:
<quoted text>You're kidding? It was this religious occult satanic power that was behind the supernatural and satanic force. The demons a re enpowered, the deeper you get into. I have dealt with these things as a Christian and I have spoken to people who have gotten out, who were way higher up the occult possession ladder, were demonic appearances were common and natural and daily.
My friend, you had best seek Christ and only Christ, because they will come after you if they see you as a threat.
God be true in you~~~~
Hello again Sir Doctor, believe you missed my initial post to you a page back, no problem.

Concerning this one, for the 'record' I placed my soul in Christ over 30 years ago now.

Before this I began as a dabbler in occultic nature and became positioned with those who were much deeper, and where the "manifestations" were prevalent. Those you spoke to spoke truly.
No more need be written.

"....for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."(1 John 4:4b)

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#441184 Jun 18, 2012
1 John 5:16-17

New King James Version (NKJV)

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

Location hidden

#441185 Jun 18, 2012
Proverbs 25:2

2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

Location hidden

#441186 Jun 18, 2012
BoBB AKA BoBB wrote:
1 John 5:16-17
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
You have to continue with those verses:

1John 5:17-20
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. 19We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Those reborn in Christ are not supposed to ever be sinning.

But this passage does not imply some sins are worse than others. It illustrates that belief in Christ allows us to be forgiven for our sins. It is basically saying what is said in James:

" My brothers if anyone among you wonders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins"

We know we aren't supposed to be sinning at all. So when we see a brother sinning we are to pray for them and try to get them back on the right track. In doing so they will be saved by God. Prior to the verses you quoted it says:

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."

Again it is saying God will hear us and answer our prayers, in this case our prayers to bring a brother who is off the path and sinning back on the right path because one born of God is not supposed to be sinning at all. He can still be saved because of his belief but he must stop sinning.

This does not imply some sins are worse than others.

Location hidden

#441187 Jun 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
So you feel everyone but Jesus is not a good representative of Christianity and see no variance in presentation among believers? Epi posting morning prayers and Shrink telling people to suck his D would be equal representations in your view?
<quoted text>
No offense B-man but it seems you kind of reserve the right to judge and who should be judged to be left at your discretion. The following you wrote is judging more than anyone elseis of Shrink?
B-man posted:
"Which is more offensive, to ramble a bunch of insulting words when posting to some one, words that don't even have anything to do with what the poster being posted to said, or to bait and wait and single out poster after poster to attack. Both aproaches are a waiste of time to me. Having a bunch of posters run cover for, and to give supposed credability to another poster does not make the tactics any more right or wrong. This is a public forum and we are all supposed to be adults. "
<quoted text>
That is what I was interested in learning more about. The timing and priority to things just seem very different sometimes. There have been no internal conflicts going on except basically the general dissatisfaction with the trolling so it seemed like a weird time to chastise others while seemingly defended a poster banned 125 times. Why when Shrink acts terrible is it characterized as him not "playing how others want him to" yet when you oppose a poster's actions you are engaging in a spiritual battle in which the gates of hell won't prevail?
I honestly am not looking for an argument but just seems like it would be easier to just admit you basically are fine with Shrink and want him to continue posting. Dressing it up in all this other stuff just seems unnecessary. You may not be doing that. It is just how i see it. I could be wrong., Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter as well.
I believe that only Jesus Christ is a good representative of christianity. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

So you feel everyone but Jesus is not a good representative of Christianity and see no variance in presentation among believers

Those are your words. They are not mine.

Epi posting morning prayers and Shrink telling people to suck his D would be equal representations in your view?

I don't believe Epi copy and pasting something or writing her own words makes her heart any more righteous then anyone elses. And I don't believe the sins of the poster that uses the name dr shrink, are any less unforgivable then the sins of any other poster on here or anywhere else. And that includes my sins. Jesus died for all.

As for the timming, I was asked what I thought. And I answered. I am fine with everyone posting. It is a public forum. One thing about a written forum, no one is forced to listen to what someone else says. It is the choice of the reader to read posts or not. It is each of our choices to engage or not. It comes down to choices. Do we choose to engage about Jesus or do we choose to engage about something else. Engage Jesus, his conversation is always perfect.

Have a good night Skom. And hey, I liked some of your resposes to mike regarding testing, tempting etc. Good conversation

Location hidden

#441188 Jun 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to continue with those verses:
1John 5:17-20
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. 19We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
Those reborn in Christ are not supposed to ever be sinning.
But this passage does not imply some sins are worse than others. It illustrates that belief in Christ allows us to be forgiven for our sins. It is basically saying what is said in James:
" My brothers if anyone among you wonders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins"
We know we aren't supposed to be sinning at all. So when we see a brother sinning we are to pray for them and try to get them back on the right track. In doing so they will be saved by God. Prior to the verses you quoted it says:
"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."
Again it is saying God will hear us and answer our prayers, in this case our prayers to bring a brother who is off the path and sinning back on the right path because one born of God is not supposed to be sinning at all. He can still be saved because of his belief but he must stop sinning.
This does not imply some sins are worse than others.
It states "All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death."

Location hidden

#441189 Jun 18, 2012
In

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 it says "unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?"

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

And in the previous verse by John it says:

So the only way sin will not lead to death is if it is forgiven which can only be done through repentance and forgiveness.

There are only two paths. Slaves to sin or slaves to obedience as stated in Romans.

Romans 6:16
Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

What must believers do regarding ALL sin?

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
topic sex forum gone? 6 min daniel 39
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Happy Lesbo 70,171
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 11 min Poppyann 2,996
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Robert F 658,426
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Buck Crick 282,890
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr gundee123 4,940
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr _Drifter 974,644
More from around the web