That was the arguement you jumped into.
Were you just posting at random ?
must of jump in.. Im sorry

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#429082 Apr 30, 2012
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Hey G, I had my class tonight. I was better prepaired. A little too much. I got a little too zealous and I think I ticked the teacher off. Oops. It's a good thing I'm taking this class for knowledge and not a grade. Hahaha Oh well what you gonna do? I felt so stupid last class I was trying to hard to make up for it. She was cool and all, but I could tell at one point she wasn't too happy with me. It is so much fun. Well enough of that. Just keeping everyone updated that might be interested.
Thanks.
Fun and learning. A good combination.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#429083 Apr 30, 2012
Chocolate Thunder wrote:
<quoted text>must of jump in.. Im sorry
No problem and I apologize for pouncing on you.

I often shoot first and ask questions later. Not a good habit of mine.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#429084 Apr 30, 2012
There is my post RA and Skom. Where have I said anything that you have accused me of saying.
I brought the post forward. It was from yesterday.
I'm not at home but trust me I saw this coming from a mile away and saved the link when it happened. You are so very predictable by now. I will post it when I am off work

Location hidden

#429085 Apr 30, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Here is what you missed or refused to see:
" I get the impression that you walked away from the church and the name Christian. I don't remember ever reading that you walked away from Christ. I have read you walked away from some of the teachings ABOUT Christ, and that there are things that don't make sense to you."
AND
What is your problem with this other than it gives God the right ot judge us instead of you ?:
" I guess what I am saying is don't worry about what others think or say about you. God is the one who sees what is in our heart. And he knows what we believe even better then we do."
Those are just partials. What about the rest about the fruits of the Spirit? But like I said he referred to reading Annie's posts and Annie at no point ever was talking about beliefs outside the Bible concerning Christ. So what posts did BM read that would have given him that impression? He knows full well Annie has always referred to no longer subscribing to Christianity and the Bible not whatever example he compared it to about snake handlers or any other bizarre belief that he claims people have attributed to Christ. But will post complete post later. Peace

Location hidden

#429086 Apr 30, 2012
Edit..also the part how Annie doesn't need him to defend her is missing.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#429087 Apr 30, 2012
Interesting article(just passin' through before shut eye...):

"Poll: Pastors Uphold Christianity Exclusively"

Nearly eight in 10 Protestant pastors strongly disagree that eternal life can be obtained through religions other than Christianity, according to a survey by LifeWay Research.

The survey of 1,000 Protestant pastors asked respondents for their reaction to the statement,“If a person is sincerely seeking God, he/she can obtain eternal life through religions other than Christianity.”

A full 77 percent of pastors strongly disagree while 7 percent somewhat disagree. Another 7 percent somewhat agree, 5 percent strongly agree and 3 percent are not sure.

“The exclusivity of the Christian gospel is not popular in the context of American pluralism,” said Ed Stetzer, president of LifeWay Research.“But most pastors have concluded that Christianity is the only way and reject the ideas that other faiths lead to heaven.”

Read it in entirety here:

http://www.faithnews.cc/2012/04/30/poll-pasto...

and to All...a good night...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#429088 Apr 30, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Those are just partials. What about the rest about the fruits of the Spirit? But like I said he referred to reading Annie's posts and Annie at no point ever was talking about beliefs outside the Bible concerning Christ. So what posts did BM read that would have given him that impression? He knows full well Annie has always referred to no longer subscribing to Christianity and the Bible not whatever example he compared it to about snake handlers or any other bizarre belief that he claims people have attributed to Christ. But will post complete post later. Peace
Like I said, I was just arguing the "from"/"about " issue that RA brought up. I have no clue what or how much you or B-Man know or believe about what Annie bleieves.

I would be interested in a calm discussion of "from Jesus" vs "about Jesus" doctrines at a future time.

As far as I believe, based on Jesus' words as recorded in M&M, Christinity is not a requirement for salvation. Jesus' death atoned for all and all that one needs to do is to repent and ask God for forgiveness and it will be granted. Following His teachings will reduce the need to repent and lead to being 'a' Ben'Adam instead of 'a member of the' Ben'Adam. IE: becoming "A decent person" instead of "just a human being".

“Love much, trust none”

There

#429089 Apr 30, 2012
What is interesting is that it was not unanimous.
23% did not "strongly agree". Kinda puts the whole thing into question.

Dang, I am looking more like a Christian every day. LOL

First the Church of England and now almost a quarter of Protestant Pastors that agree with me on certain 'heretical' doctrines.
Senecus wrote:
Interesting article(just passin' through before shut eye...):
The survey of 1,000 Protestant pastors asked respondents for their reaction to the statement,“If a person is sincerely seeking God, he/she can obtain eternal life through religions other than Christianity.”
A full 77 percent of pastors strongly disagree while 7 percent somewhat disagree. Another 7 percent somewhat agree, 5 percent strongly agree and 3 percent are not sure.
“The exclusivity of the Christian gospel is not popular in the context of American pluralism,” said Ed Stetzer, president of LifeWay Research.“But most pastors have concluded that Christianity is the only way and reject the ideas that other faiths lead to heaven.”
Read it in entirety here:
http://www.faithnews.cc/2012/04/30/poll-pasto...
and to All...a good night...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#429090 Apr 30, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
What is interesting is that it was not unanimous.
23% did not "strongly agree". Kinda puts the whole thing into question.
Dang, I am looking more like a Christian every day. LOL
First the Church of England and now almost a quarter of Protestant Pastors that agree with me on certain 'heretical' doctrines.
<quoted text>
I agree with your first sentence :)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#429091 Apr 30, 2012
Good Night All :)
lil whispers

Albuquerque, NM

#429092 Apr 30, 2012
Good golly ms molly the wind sure is blowing think a tornado just flew threw is there any damage done.
Well,I picking up my cookoobears and going to bed time to find a soft pillow.My poor eyes and ears burning from the roar.lol lol good night fellows and ladies.Seeya later.lol yea I know don't make a lick of sense God as usural lol lol.No hugs too many land mines.lol.Have a grand evening.

Location hidden

#429095 May 1, 2012
There is my post RA and Skom. Where have I said anything that you have accused me of saying.
I brought the post forward. It was from yesterday.
Good Morning AnnieJ. I'm not jumping into the conversation, as from the first post I read of yours, I find you quite cappable of defending yourself and you do it with grace. One point however on this post. I am not at all surprised that it was your faith in God that got you through it. From reading your posts I get the impression that you walked away from the church and the name Christian. I don't remember ever reading that you walked away from Christ. I could be wrong. I have read you walked away from some of the teachings about Christ, and that there are things that don't make sense to you. I have read that there have been things that haven't made sense to you. I have put together from your posts that you dont' want anyone to think that you are perfect or righteous or that you live up to the standards you feel a true believer should hold. I don't know, but it seems I see something about you that no one else is seeing. I guess what I am saying is don't worry about what others think or say about you. God is the one who sees what is in our heart. And he knows what we believe even better then we do. We have alot of buts in the way. ie I believe this but...and that doesn't make sense. God has the answers for the buts and sees what is in our heart at the core. I am not saying you are saved and I am not saying you are not. I am saying we shall know them by their fruit. No, I don'tknow you in real life. But what I see here is you speak the truth to the best of your ability even when it is not accepted or understood. You show yourself to be very patient (most of the time):) You seek peace when their is conflict. I think I see alot of the fruits of the Spirit showing from you. Do I agree with everything you say? Nope. But I don't agree with everything that anyone says. I'm independent that way. Sorry I got off on a tangent. I'm not surprised that your faith in God got you through.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Location hidden

#429096 May 1, 2012
To which I responded:

B-Man wrote:

I don't remember ever reading that you walked away from Christ. I could be wrong. I have read you walked away from some of the teachings about Christ, and that there are things that don't make sense to you.

Skom wrote:

Can someone do one without the other B-man?
particularly the belief that salvation comes through Christ?

I see alot of the fruits of the Spirit showing from you..

Skom wrote:
Knowing someone by their fruits is a verse talking about recognizing others believers. And yes believers don't always exhibit the fruits they should but just because someone is nice doesn't make them a believer. Just because someone loves or is patient doesn't make them a believer. I am not sure you understand how the Holy Spirit interacts with believers from your post.

Someone doesn't have to be Christian to love but they do have to be a believe in Christ for salvation to receive fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Ironically I think you have proved Q's point B-man. You are saying someone can reject some of Christ's teachings and that is basically ok as they still are receiving gifts from the Holy Spirit.

Although my guess is you were persuaded to post this for reasons worse than what Q was warning about as far as picking and choosing. I think you just chose to pursue a personal grudge at the expense of Jesus Christ. That is messed up IMO

Location hidden

#429097 May 1, 2012
To which you responded:

Salvation comes through Christ and there is no other way. This is what the Bible teaches and I absoultely agree with that. I grew up in an area where some taught that you have to handle serpents (snake handlers) or you haven't recieved the Holy Spirit. Or you have to speak in tongues. There are many that teach many things about Christ that are not true.(Teahings about Christ) So I believe one can wald away from teachings about Christ without walking away from Christ. I'm not saying that these are the particulars for anyone in paticular. I don't judge anyone's salvation. I am not qualified.
I'm not holding a grudge Skom :) I would encourage anyone, you and me and all others. We can walk away from each other, it's really not that big of a deal. But please, if you have ever believed in Jesus, don't walk away from seeking him and his truth. Give up on me. I can't save you anyway. But don't give up on Jesus. Give up on everyone in the whole wide world. But don't give up on Jesus. I don't have much faith in man. But I do have faith that Jesus, if we don't give up on him, can work through any problem we might have. He can work through all of the clutter that has us confused. It might not be instanious. And in fact it is not. He works us through all that is in us, at a pace that works for us. Not more than we can bare. Sanctification is an on going process that continues our entire life. Take up your cross daily and follow me is what the bible says. We are to deal with what God gives us to deal with. Not what someone else thinks we should deal with. And I would encourage any that have walked away from people or the teachings of people, God hasn't given up on you. Don't give up on him.
Have a great day Skom and I do mean that. I wish you a great day.

Location hidden

#429098 May 1, 2012
Why would you write?

"Give up on me. I can't save you anyway. But don't give up on Jesus"

What would make you think I was ever confused ont he fact that my salvation doesn't come through you B-man?

What have I ever said that would require you to tell me don't give up on Christ even if I give up on you?

Some people can't see just how weaselly and passive-aggressive this really is.

But the following was just as dishonest as can be:

"I grew up in an area where some taught that you have to handle serpents (snake handlers) or you haven't recieved the Holy Spirit. Or you have to speak in tongues. There are many that teach many things about Christ that are not true."

You claim you read Annie's posts correct? What in any of those posts would make you think she was talking about beliefs about Jesus that would be comparable to snake handling or that were not true?

If Annie only rejected beliefs about Christ that weren't true then she would still believe the ones that are true according to the Bible.

Do what you what B-man. Get your mail-in license and preach away for all I care. You were somewhat in the ballpark when you said I have given up on you. That I haven't done as I hope some day you can find it in yourself to be honest. These in-between the line postings and compromises do however make me not want interactions with you.

I know you can post someone and say you know they don't need you defending them and compliment them and claim you weren't taking sides. You manage to get what you want to say out there but you do it how passive-aggressive people do it. I will re-post it just because i think it bares a second look:

That is you in a nutshell B-man. The sick part is, some people won't understand what is wrong with this. Of course they would see it if someone basically implied they needed to be reminded not to give up on Jesus and man can't save them but that is kind of the point behind willful blindness. It is why this place is a laundromat for the mentally ill of Topix. I can't help those people either.

You know better though B-man. It is why you purposely choose these tactics. It is specifically why I oppose what you do and how you do it. You use Christ to be manipulative and to do your dirty work. So be it.

Location hidden

#429099 May 1, 2012
Part 1 of 2

Why would you write?

What would make you think I was ever confused ont he fact that my salvation doesn't come through you B-man?

What have I ever said that would require you to tell me don't give up on Christ even if I give up on you?

Some people can't see just how weaselly and passive-aggressive this really is.

But the following was just as dishonest as can be:

"I grew up in an area where some taught that you have to handle serpents (snake handlers) or you haven't recieved the Holy Spirit. Or you have to speak in tongues. There are many that teach many things about Christ that are not true."

You claim you read Annie's posts correct? What in any of those posts would make you think she was talking about beliefs about Jesus that would be comparable to snake handling or that were not true?

Location hidden

#429100 May 1, 2012
Part 2 of 2

Do what you what B-man. Get your mail-in license and preach away for all I care. You were somewhat in the ballpark when you said I have given up on you. That I haven't done as I hope some day you can find it in yourself to be honest. These in-between the line postings and compromises do however make me not want interactions with you.

I know you can post someone and say you know they don't need you defending them and compliment them and claim you weren't taking sides. You manage to get what you want to say out there but you do it how passive-aggressive people do it. I will re-post it just because i think it bares a second look:

That is you in a nutshell B-man. The sick part is, some people won't understand what is wrong with this. Of course they would see it if someone basically implied they needed to be reminded not to give up on Jesus and man can't save them but that is kind of the point behind willful blindness. It is why this place is a laundromat for the mentally ill of Topix. I can't help those people either.

You know better though B-man. It is why you purposely choose these tactics. It is specifically why I oppose what you do and how you do it. You use Christ to be manipulative and to do your dirty work. So be it.

Location hidden

#429101 May 1, 2012
Edit:

Sheesh, it was actually worse the sentence before:

B-man wrote:

"But please, if you have ever believed in Jesus, don't walk away from seeking him and his truth.

Give up on me. I can't save you anyway. But don't give up on Jesus. Give up on everyone in the whole wide world. But don't give up on Jesus"

Anybody that wants to post me to complain that can't see how insulting this is. How passive-aggressive this is. What utter nonsense it was to imply Annie claimed to have walked away only from beliefs about Jesus that weren't true....please save us both some time.

If you prefer Christians that under the correct context tell you "go F yourself" by saying "I will pray for you", if you prefer hearing nice things said about Christ from people who dress up as Christians and don't really give a crap about him and are known for posting as socks on both sides of the fence then I am out of ideas. I am no saint. I an so very far from one. But I'll go to my grave without ever using Christ's name dishonestly or to do my dirty work. Whatever my faults are they won't be that.

Location hidden

#429102 May 1, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Do you ever struggle to keep quiet on this thread?
Just curious.
No

Thanks for asking though)

I know Mikey, you were upset before to see my call out B-man for keeping paperwork for basically a fraudulent minister's license. You would never want to see someone imply a Christian was being phony right?

Mikey, you are so transparent. I am sorry I hurt your feelings whenever i did. I am saying that so whatever mommy issues have plagued you for a lifetime do not become my problem. You are already starting to look a little stalky to me. I think I may need to cut you off:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex (May '13) 6 min rahul 92
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min dduttonnc 97,895
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 18 min MUQ2 19
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min MUQ2 268,948
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 37 min Seentheotherside 221,743
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min truth 810,053
pijat pasutri bali (Jan '13) 1 hr ani carera 30
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 574,203
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 8 hr Coolsa 205
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 12 hr sall 163
More from around the web