Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Bacon Bacon ”

Since: Dec 06

SW Burbs Chicago

#36407 Nov 9, 2008
Why does Jesus love me? I think this is a question that seems to be ignored here sometimes. We are His creation!
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:[it is] the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

“Romans 10:9-10”

Since: Dec 07

Decatur, In.

#36408 Nov 9, 2008
laura beth s wrote:
<quoted text>Because I wanted to know if this God, that Granny talks about,Is the same God to you ?
I don't know the "Granny" you are speaking of so there is no way I could possible answer that. You would have to ask her about that.
Ham

Genoa City, WI

#36409 Nov 9, 2008
laura beth s wrote:
<quoted text>Because I wanted to know if this God, that Granny talks about,Is the same God to you ?
Hi LB..

I hope whomever used "granny" did not do so to intentionally denigrate our "Granny."

On second thought I suspect there are such mean-spirited posters around.. Tis a shame..

I will be glad when our Granny come back to us.. I hope she is okay..

Ham

“andelee.blogspot .com”

Since: Oct 08

Kihei

#36410 Nov 9, 2008
Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, you're casting a very wide net. Not every Christian fit the category you've just described. Jesus himself said that a time will come when people will preach hate, violence and intolerance in his name.
<quoted text>
Just like any other book, certain parts are to be read literally, other parts are to be read within the context of the Bible as a whole.
<quoted text>
I GUESS GOOD JOB! BE HAPPY! AMEN!
There is only one. It is called LOVE.
Here is what Jesus said: Luke 10:27 "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself".
There is no other rule.
<quoted text>
How can you say that you believe that every one has the right to their opinion, and then say that to believe that the Bible is factual to be wrong? Your statement contradicts itself. It shows a level of confusion on your part.
<quoted text>
I agree with you here. There are a lot of hate preaching Christians coming out these days. This past election has forced many of them to reveal the hate they've been hiding for a long time. They had deluded themselves into think that Christianity was an exclusive "whites only" club.
<quoted text>
We can co-exist. But it's going to take people like you and I to stand up for righteousness to make it happen. It's my pleasure talking to you. I do share your concern.
I guess god job. be happy. Amen.

“Tweety aka LBS, LBS and niece”

Since: Oct 08

New Orleans

#36411 Nov 9, 2008
Ham wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LB..
I hope whomever used "granny" did not do so to intentionally denigrate our "Granny."
On second thought I suspect there are such mean-spirited posters around.. Tis a shame..
Ham
I hope your Granny comes back too. Thanks for your replys. I appreciate it. LBS

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#36412 Nov 9, 2008
Ham wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LB..
Ham
Hi my friend. Been a good day for us. Janice is at work and I've been reading back. Most of what I've read makes me kind of sad from today. Anyway, I think it was thumper that posted Jesus will never let us down. I say amen to that. We all let one another down, but glory to God, He never will. Goodnight.

“Keeping my fingers crossed ...”

Since: Aug 07

Life's enduring gifts

#36413 Nov 9, 2008
Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
So far I'm still standing. I guess your WMD's are not having the desired effect on anybody here so far, judge. Sorry, I meant Saint Gentle.
'Scuse my ignorance Thumper, but what is a WMD?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#36414 Nov 9, 2008
John Coffey wrote:
<quoted text>
She did the same thing in the "Why I'm no longer a Christian" thread. As I told Thumper, many many Christians told her that she was way of base (reproved and corrected her just like it says in a verse of scripture she has posted in here today from 2nd Timothy 3:16) and it fell on deaf ears then just like it is now.
When it happened she just started condemning everyone in there. Of course the non-believers ran to her add because she was condemning Christians and they loved that and she just soaked it up. Her ego got so big I thought it was going to explode. That's when I shared what it says in Galatians 6. Because it talks about the very trap she was falling into. She sure is blind to her own actions that others see so very clearly. We should all take your lead and pray for her.
Well John most Non-believers will soak that up, just as you"believers" probably enjoy it when different variations of non-believers argue with each other. I hope you and Thumper note that it was you guys I backed and no the Sainted One, despite our differing theological viewpoints. peace.

Life's enduring gifts

#36415 Nov 9, 2008
Le le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi laura beth s,
I personally do not need to read what you are posting here.
Granny would be the 1st person to tell you Topix has been a long road- a long learning growing journey!
Which BTW is also our walk with Christ- a J-o-u-r-n-e-y.
She has told me on occaision about some of the mixes she got caught up in.
But, to know her is to LOVE her!
She is a kind generous soul who offers much love to this world AND this thread.
I assume you are speaking of WIP- well, if she were here(God rest her soul) she would tell you this herself about Grannie!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's referring to a different Granny. I went and looked at those posts Laura Beth S was referring to, and that Granny is from Kansas. "Our" Granny lives in Michigan.

Life's enduring gifts

#36416 Nov 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's referring to a different Granny. I went and looked at those posts Laura Beth S was referring to, and that Granny is from Kansas. "Our" Granny lives in Michigan.
Well if I'd read a bit further, I would've seen the answer.*** Smacks self on head.***

“BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#36417 Nov 9, 2008
Riverine Furbearer wrote:
<quoted text>Well John most Non-believers will soak that up, just as you"believers" probably enjoy it when different variations of non-believers argue with each other. I hope you and Thumper note that it was you guys I backed and no the Sainted One, despite our differing theological viewpoints. peace.
Hi Otter, You John and I nave been posting to each other for at least two years now. We know wher we all stand. I have never walked with the extremist intolerant fundamentalists that make up the bulk of Christianity. They are the same ones Jesus talked about when he said "Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers". Luke 11:46
They are always there to accuse people of sin and to tell people what they should or should not do. But when it comes to their own relationship with God they quickly ask for forgiveness as sinners. On one hand they judge and condemn others for their perceived misdeeds, but ask God for forgiveness of their own. They preach day and night against abortion, but they run quickly to the abortion clinic in secret when they find out that their daughter is pregnant by a black man.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#36418 Nov 9, 2008
Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Otter, You John and I nave been posting to each other for at least two years now. We know wher we all stand. I have never walked with the extremist intolerant fundamentalists that make up the bulk of Christianity. They are the same ones Jesus talked about when he said "Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers". Luke 11:46
They are always there to accuse people of sin and to tell people what they should or should not do. But when it comes to their own relationship with God they quickly ask for forgiveness as sinners. On one hand they judge and condemn others for their perceived misdeeds, but ask God for forgiveness of their own. They preach day and night against abortion, but they run quickly to the abortion clinic in secret when they find out that their daughter is pregnant by a black man.
Yes I hear you. Well I appreciate what you said, and as a Patriot and a vet I appreciate it. What this country needs now is healing and unity not more divisions. My point is always that We should live lives based on Spiritual Principles and I think you do. I just don't see anything Spiritual about calling people evil because they shared a political opinion that was different than yours. Well the Saint will have her day before God to explain her judgments of others - peace Thumper.

“Bacon Bacon ”

SW Burbs Chicago

#36419 Nov 9, 2008
St. Francis of Assisi:“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.”
kay

Ashburn, VA

#36420 Nov 9, 2008
Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't mean that he has a lot to learn. As a matter of fact, it proves the opposite. It proves that he is man enough to apologize when he feel that he said something wrong as opposed to doing what politicians often, giving excuses for mistakes.
What's you point? Who ever said that he was perfect. He's just another human being like the rest of us. He made a joke, than later regretted making it. He called Nancy and apologized. I think it's commendable that he did that. It was Jesus Christ who said to apologize to our brother or sister if we feel that we've hurt somebody's feelings.
It sounds more like YOU have a lot to learn.
thump you forgetting sometime to know god our father more we have to grow what my ponit everyone miss up at time and ob do to. there you go again i not talking about perfect all i say what was on the news ,, and as useful you take it the wrong way... no thump i do not have a lot to learn as long i in jesus and Jesus in me you to busy jump in thing the worng way or take it the wrong way... and also if you can read i say i was glad he say sorry he show a lot of good in him i pray he can keep up the good work and stop judge me the way i say thing

you not showing me one cent you a brother . all i was giving out some news thank alot

Life's enduring gifts

#36421 Nov 9, 2008
kay wrote:
<quoted text> thump you forgetting sometime to know god our father more we have to grow what my ponit everyone miss up at time and ob do to. there you go again i not talking about perfect all i say what was on the news ,, and as useful you take it the wrong way... no thump i do not have a lot to learn as long i in jesus and Jesus in me you to busy jump in thing the worng way or take it the wrong way... and also if you can read i say i was glad he say sorry he show a lot of good in him i pray he can keep up the good work and stop judge me the way i say thing
you not showing me one cent you a brother . all i was giving out some news thank alot
Hi Kay. How are you?
Ham

Genoa City, WI

#36422 Nov 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
<quoted text>
'Scuse my ignorance Thumper, but what is a WMD?
Hi RiverSpirit..

I think it means Weapons of Mass Destruction..

Used essentially to denigrate President Bush and his IRAQ war policies..

It has become a buzz word..

I could be wrong thou..

Ham
kay

Ashburn, VA

#36423 Nov 9, 2008
SRH wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not Granny, at least that is not the one using the name Granny that posts in here. It is someone else using the same name.
SRH
indeed you right it not our granny
kay

Ashburn, VA

#36424 Nov 9, 2008
Le le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi laura beth s,
I personally do not need to read what you are posting here.
Granny would be the 1st person to tell you Topix has been a long road- a long learning growing journey!
Which BTW is also our walk with Christ- a J-o-u-r-n-e-y.
She has told me on occaision about some of the mixes she got caught up in.
But, to know her is to LOVE her!
She is a kind generous soul who offers much love to this world AND this thread.
I assume you are speaking of WIP- well, if she were here(God rest her soul) she would tell you this herself about Grannie!!
agrees a

“Bacon Bacon ”

SW Burbs Chicago

#36425 Nov 9, 2008
kay wrote:
<quoted text> thump you forgetting sometime to know god our father more we have to grow what my ponit everyone miss up at time and ob do to. there you go again i not talking about perfect all i say what was on the news ,, and as useful you take it the wrong way... no thump i do not have a lot to learn as long i in jesus and Jesus in me you to busy jump in thing the worng way or take it the wrong way... and also if you can read i say i was glad he say sorry he show a lot of good in him i pray he can keep up the good work and stop judge me the way i say thing
Hi Kay my Pastor Preached on I Peter 2:1-9

1Pe 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord [is] gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming,[as unto] a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God,[and] precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe [he is] precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence,[even to them] which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Basically he said "GROW UP and live like a child of the KING.
kay

Ashburn, VA

#36426 Nov 9, 2008
RiverSpirit wrote:
<quoted text>
hey river it not our granny it another granny keep in mind where our granny is from

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Patrick Daniels 591,353
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 11 min Neelakaran 1,471
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 30 min Truth Doctor 4,779
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min Tide with Beach 841,633
Rajkot gay Topix 1 hr r r rajkot 102
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr nanoanomaly 3,093
Beautiful Contemporary Instumental NEW AGE MUSI... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr MUQ2 271,466
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 100,205
More from around the web