“why did I miss this?”

Since: May 07

lapeer, Michigan

#341408 Aug 26, 2011
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bit early to be drunk, don't you think?
it has to be beer:30 somewhere..... I remember going to the bar at 7:30 am when I worked 3rd shift... back when I was young, dumb and full of it...... now 2 beers would probably get me drunk....
have a great nite...

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#341409 Aug 26, 2011
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember well the good old hand pump as a child up to about the 5th grade -- tubs and tubs of it LOL.
TLC - Judy
I've seen a few working ones, too, but not lately. Modern technology advances on.

I remember about ten years ago when our submersible pump went out. I called around to see what it would cost to have it replaced. Well most of the estimates from the local plumbers told me anywhere from $700 -$900 dollars. I called a local hardware retailer and asked if they had a pump and they did. I bought the pump for less than $200. Kim and I pulled the old one up and I wired the new one. Then with her help, we lowered the new one back into the well. It's been running ever since.

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#341410 Aug 26, 2011
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang it!!! Who took my Rum?
You funny guy!how about a rootbeer float??Its quite Hot in here lately..Still offering to "HOSE" you down..Just kidding,really..You are fine who you are..its just a picture..I see the real man inside..Fortunately.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#341411 Aug 26, 2011
End Times wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was. Normally I ignore trolls that only have a purpose to persecute and disrupt the thread. I gave you my time and responded to you without using any profanity or hate. Time is priceless, and quite brief.
;o)
Proof you are lying.
You are just as much a basher as anyone.

All your words:

"Watch out for the thorns. What comes around, goes around.

I know the Lord and Science and balance of the two. You know neither. You don't have knowledge to teach children much less a Professor. LMBO. I'd be surprised if you've passed through High School. I went to college so I know.

I have no degree but I wouldn't claim to be a professor when not showing the intelligence of a grade-schooler.

Drivel.

You wouldn't know anything about Christ if you fell over Him. And NO ONE is listening to your blasphemy anyway.

Those of you that think themselves wise are the fools.

That's likely an alcohol reaction.

Your mentality gives you away. I would guess you don't have a high school diploma much less anything else. Your rhetoric is unskilled and unlearned. You are phony as a three dollar bill.

It has become apparent that you have no discernment between truth and lies. If a believer speaks, it is a lie, according to you. If an antagonist Christian persecutor speaks, it is truth, according to you. You have it out of order. You're out of order!!

I'll pass, but thank you anyway. You need to get a grip on your desires.

We try to draw others to Christ through His Word. You try to draw others away. So who do you serve that requires you to do this?? You cannot pluck away those that are of His Flock. It is impossible. Too bad, so sad, eh??

Redundant Drivel

You mean the trolls and thread-busters??

I haven't read a single post where you stated anything truthful, much less intelligent. LMBO

You're delusional. I post to the title of this thread. You disrupt the flow which is in violation of TOS. Why don't you post on the Atheist Forum??"

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#341412 Aug 26, 2011
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text>You funny guy!how about a rootbeer float??Its quite Hot in here lately..Still offering to "HOSE" you down..Just kidding,really..You are fine who you are..its just a picture..I see the real man inside..Fortunately.
This time of year, my part of the country is the most comfortable and magnificent. These 3 months are when I enjoy my environment while every one else roasts. It's a fine compensation for a mere 9 months of drizzle.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#341413 Aug 26, 2011
Lifelover wrote:
REPOSTING from 7 hours ago...I was scrolling..only got one reply from red apples.[our friend John]..I will reply to his soon.I appreciate HIS concern....Any other teachers out there??????????I can think of a few..maybe 4 more that I am aware of..----->Just was thinking...I live next door to 4th grade elementary school teacher..he informed me that school starts on sept...6....He has been getting ready for the last 2 weeks..getting ready to teach those Blessed Precious children for the whole school years.........Sooo long story short..he is a Teacher,,Not a professor..SOO he might need less time to Concentrate on his JOB as a teacher getting things ready..But he is sooo busy..No Time for the computer....Gone most days[at school]..when home..who knows,.,he is single and loving it..Thats his personal business,,I know he teacher music lessons..[keyboard,,,saxaphone ].Oh well..My question "For those that Are Teachers...or are retired teachers.."When does school start?? How much time do you need to get ready to teach for the year....Especially a College professor..Does it depend on the subject you teach?? Just curious..OH yes...I was going to also say.BUT I do know around this area,,,,COLLEGE is already in session..PEACE.
I start at the local high school (3 miles from the house) Monday teaching Physical Science and Chemistry. It seems that the person they hired to fill a shortage wasn't cut out for the position. His last day was today. Even with all the budget cuts, some school districts down here are still short on teachers. But school down here has been in session for as long as a week and a half. And all the colleges and universities around here are already having classes.

I See A Rainbow!

#341414 Aug 26, 2011
http://www.topix.com/album/detail/lapeer-mi/P... Welcome..JimWings..Was looking at your profile..and Pictures you posted[public.]I hope you dont mind me putting the link here....."This is very heartwarming..Jasper is adorable...Hey,,,we live in the same beautiful state!PEACE!!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#341415 Aug 26, 2011
Aug. 30 here.

My lab preparation was done on July 1st.

Nothing to be done until students show up.
Lifelover wrote:
REPOSTING from 7 hours ago...I was scrolling..only got one reply from red apples.[our friend John]..I will reply to his soon.I appreciate HIS concern....Any other teachers out there??????????I can think of a few..maybe 4 more that I am aware of..----->Just was thinking...I live next door to 4th grade elementary school teacher..he informed me that school starts on sept...6....He has been getting ready for the last 2 weeks..getting ready to teach those Blessed Precious children for the whole school years.........Sooo long story short..he is a Teacher,,Not a professor..SOO he might need less time to Concentrate on his JOB as a teacher getting things ready..But he is sooo busy..No Time for the computer....Gone most days[at school]..when home..who knows,.,he is single and loving it..Thats his personal business,,I know he teacher music lessons..[keyboard,,,saxaphone ].Oh well..My question "For those that Are Teachers...or are retired teachers.."When does school start?? How much time do you need to get ready to teach for the year....Especially a College professor..Does it depend on the subject you teach?? Just curious..OH yes...I was going to also say.BUT I do know around this area,,,,COLLEGE is already in session..PEACE.
Doctor Reality

United States

#341416 Aug 26, 2011
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Die believing that.
And he WILL. He's going to be just as lost as someone slamming a jumbo jet into a 110 story building and believing that they'll 'land' in paradise the instant the hijacked jet hits the building. Many many people will die blind and lost. And the reason for both 'conditions' will be because they rejected Christ the King! I'm TELLIN' YOU!!,I can't WAIT to see the Lord Jesus Christ descending upon the inhabitants of the earth,in great power and blazing glory!!! Yes,the same Person who laid down His life as a ransom for the sins of the entire human,that same Person is going to reveal Himself to this sinful,evil,wicked,convicted world of human beings!! And if there's any doubt about who He is when He descends upon the clouds of heaven,when He finally SPEAKS,the WHOLE WORLD will KNOW who He is: The whole world will know that He is Christ the King. The Holy,Almighty Son of the Lord God Eternal!! I just wonder what will be the first words that the Lord Jesus Christ will speak to the human race!! Will there be thunder and lightning around Him as He descends??!! Yes!!,that is going to be the most STUNNING moment in human history!!! For more stunning than September 11th!!! But this 'stunning' moment will be to the absolute glory of the Lord!! YES!!,evn the sinful,the vile,the wicked,the most abominable,the most BLASPHEMOUS men to have EVER walked upon this earth will confess that Christ is TRULY the ONLY Lord of the earth and universe!! YES,my friends,that Day will come just as sure as the sun is setting this evening! I'm hearing the moonlight piano playing in the back of my mind from that song 'Hoping she'll be happier'!!! I LOVE beautiful moonlight piano!!!
Fred

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#341417 Aug 26, 2011
"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

~Steve Jobs

2005 Standford commencement speech

“Love much, trust none”

There

#341418 Aug 26, 2011
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, Judy. I see no need to post to them anymore. They have been here and have seen the Gospel posted many, many times. And I'm not going to argue with them. They can believe what they want to believe. We have sown the seeds. God will water those seeds and give the harvest.
As far as receiving the Good News of Jesus Christ, there will always be those that will and those that won't.
Lovingly watering seeds works better than pissing on them.
Doctor Reality

United States

#341419 Aug 26, 2011
Satan's servants just can't get enough of this place. It's tempting to get mad and to call you people names,but just ignoring you,most of the time,works much better.
Doctor Reality

United States

#341420 Aug 26, 2011
Fred wrote:
"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
~Steve Jobs
2005 Standford commencement speech
It has been appointed once for ALL to die and then face the Judgement. Even the Lord Jesus Christ 'died','physically',before He rose from the Grave,appeared before His disciples,and then returned to.....that's right:HEAVEN. Unless God intervenes,ALL will die before entering the glorious realm of heaven. Because of all of the sin and evil and wickedness we've witnessed in THIS world,it's kinda' hard to picture a place where sin and evil and wickedness shall NEVER enter!! Not even ONCE!!! Not even for A SECOND!!! Not even EVER!!!! And Christ the King will make SURE OF IT,for He will utterly DESTROY sin,and the spiritual author of sin(Satan the devil and all of the followers of his LIES and his WAYS!!!)

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#341421 Aug 26, 2011
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen a few working ones, too, but not lately. Modern technology advances on.
I remember about ten years ago when our submersible pump went out. I called around to see what it would cost to have it replaced. Well most of the estimates from the local plumbers told me anywhere from $700 -$900 dollars. I called a local hardware retailer and asked if they had a pump and they did. I bought the pump for less than $200. Kim and I pulled the old one up and I wired the new one. Then with her help, we lowered the new one back into the well. It's been running ever since.
I am so fortunate that my husband is sort of a jack of all trades --he's worked construction and masonry an woodworking and mechanics.

He fixes our vehicles - tears apart washing machine and furnace if need be and somehow gets it all back together working. I've seen him dismantle a carbeurator years ago and I just said "Oh My" when I saw all the parts LOL and I turned and left the room --

He has built our home from the ground up - he just askes me how I want it and then he does it.

And yep he's put in both our wells and fixed them too -- the only thing he doesn't mess with to much is electricity -- but he has wired some of our home.

If we had to depend on paying pro's we'd be living in a camper LOL -- I love him dearly -- Oh yes he cooks and washes dishes too!! TLC - Judy

I See A Rainbow!

#341422 Aug 26, 2011
jimwings wrote:
<quoted text>
it has to be beer:30 somewhere..... I remember going to the bar at 7:30 am when I worked 3rd shift... back when I was young, dumb and full of it...... now 2 beers would probably get me drunk....
have a great nite...
When I was ALSO young and dumb...I worked 3rd shift..[it worked for me at that time]]]]]]]]]Well,,I went to the BAR with work friends after work... even though I was married and husband didnt like it]]]]I was stubborn..No children yet..........The plan was to have breakfast there..ONLY...with my friends..I was served alcohol..Not even of age to drink it...Never carded me...never...ever....So actually..I drank breakfast..and then went home..husband was already working..This went on,,,until...Until one morning they did card me..I was actually embarrassed...left///i quit going..Soon lost the job..[wrong crowd to hang with..trouble ahead]]]]]]]]],I wised up...and took a look at my future dreams...Either quit living this style..or theres the door..I got a reality check in a big way....So to this day..i dont drink...Got a 1st shift Normal job after i lost the other....Went home like i should everyday.....Every thing..went forward after that..long story short....gave birth to 2 fine sons 5 years apart....Raised them....Never said that was the end of problems..Each day has a problem of its own..We still carry on..and go forward..My sons have since grown up..youngest One still lives home..[they are 23 and 28]..Have you been here before.since we dont know each other this might sound like blah,,,blah,,,blah to you...sorry.

“why did I miss this?”

Since: May 07

lapeer, Michigan

#341423 Aug 26, 2011
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
good job on saving the 5-700 bucks doin it yourself. I had to replace mine a few years ago too ... luckily my dad's neighbor did that for a living and walked me thru it. Good luck on the teaching job. have a great nite,

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#341424 Aug 26, 2011
jimwings wrote:
<quoted text>
have a great nite...
Hi Jimwings -- how are ya - Brooks and Dunn now your talking some good music -- I saw them at the Allegan County Fair several years ago --

They picked this little kid out of the audience that was wearing one of their shirts and set him on stage -- he was so adorable with the shirt hanging down to his knees and he was wearing cowboy boots -- Kicks picked him up and put him up around his neck that was so cute ---

So GOoD to hear from you -- TLC - Judy
Doctor Reality

United States

#341425 Aug 26, 2011
With the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks fast approaching,I just want to take this time to say that every time I play one of my videos of those two hijacked jets going into the twin towers,and every time I watch all of those innocent men and women plunging from those two skyscapers,it puts a burning hatred for islamic extremism in me that makes me wish that I could join the Air Force and hunt every last extremist down! And the Lord God of the Holy Bible has put it in the minds of the bravest,most well-trained and experienced airforce people on this planet to rid this planet of the ideology the became September 11th,2001.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#341426 Aug 26, 2011
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang it!!! Who took my Rum?
I thought I saw a dark blue Genie run thatta way with it --
Careful I think he bites LOL -- TLC - Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#341427 Aug 26, 2011
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did see it.....I hope you will enjoy your Birthday Sunday
There were so many pages yesterday that I just scrolled by
God Bless
I was scrolling so fast today I had to put the brakes on and back up for Drews post LOL --

Hopefully when X reaches that blasted 100,000 he will wear out LOL.

Thanx Epi -- I plan to enjoy turning the big 64 -- I'm good with that -- like I have a choice teeee --

TLC - Judy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Tony17 559,051
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Barnsweb 441,756
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min pusherman_ 774,058
Does anyone like watching people masterbate? (May '14) 42 min devilkitty666 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lightbeamrider 175,557
Couch Potato Alert 2 hr yon 1
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 hr Neelakaran 1,243
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 265,020
More from around the web