Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the fallible hands of men have mistranslated the words contained in the pages of the various translations and versions through the ages.
However, God, in His infinite wisdom, has preserved it's true meaning by the Holy Spirit so that genuine believers receive the illumination of His pure Light when they truly seek His face.
And yet, "true believers" always end up disagreeing on what the book says. They disagree on doctrinal issues both large and small. I've seen these arguments for years and not just here but in real life, between Christians who are just as serious about their religion as you are.

Apparently, a "true believer" is anyone who believes exactly what Drew believes. Anyone who disagrees with Drew's particular interpretation of the bible is not a true believer. That narcissistic attitude of yours shines through clear as day in your strutting, preening posts.

Every Christian is their own imaginary Holy Spirit. When all Christians interpret the bible differently there is no other possible conclusion.

Your post is yet another example of your egotistical, self-serving, prideful godtwaddle. What a poseur you are. A conceited, arrogant, boastful religious snob pretending to be a humble man who does all for the greater glory of god. It's perfectly obvious to those of us who aren't addled godbots that the god you worship is named "Drew".

“Jesus Always WinS”

Since: Jun 11

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, "true believers" always end up disagreeing on what the book says. They disagree on doctrinal issues both large and small.
Do you read the posts? I answered that one only yesterday.
The Holy Spirit does not take away our ability to reason and think thinks out.

Have you seen that said before? Is it another case of bad memory? You do remember it being said?
Dawn

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

I'm showing my ignorance once again, but I have never heard of people not believing Paul...,or any writers of the Gospels. IMHO they are written by people touched by God to do so...i feel that the Lord would not have let their thoughts be written if they didn't have merit. God did t say... Here's my word, go crazy and say whatever you want and it shall be written.... He wouldn't do that! Yes, there are interpretations, some things said differently, but the God I know and love would not let anyone mess up the beauty of his word. Maybe I'm naive, I just feel like the Gospels are all a beautiful part of the Book! Some will have a hey day with me saying this.... But I hope they see my heart. I love talking to and learning from all here... A couple of which aren't real popular... They are intellegent loving humans as well and deserve the respect given anyone. I hate the "team" feeling here. Like it or not, as Gods creatures we are all on the same team! Wow, where did all that come from?

Since: Jul 07

San Pedro,CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, "true believers" always end up disagreeing on what the book says. They disagree on doctrinal issues both large and small. I've seen these arguments for years and not just here but in real life, between Christians who are just as serious about their religion as you are.
Apparently, a "true believer" is anyone who believes exactly what Drew believes. Anyone who disagrees with Drew's particular interpretation of the bible is not a true believer. That narcissistic attitude of yours shines through clear as day in your strutting, preening posts.
Every Christian is their own imaginary Holy Spirit. When all Christians interpret the bible differently there is no other possible conclusion.
Your post is yet another example of your egotistical, self-serving, prideful godtwaddle. What a poseur you are. A conceited, arrogant, boastful religious snob pretending to be a humble man who does all for the greater glory of god. It's perfectly obvious to those of us who aren't addled godbots that the god you worship is named "Drew".
Well seems positive motivation is not your goal here...in down ranking believers in Christ. It is at least a small curuiosity as to why you choose to devote so much of your living time criticising those who believe in Christ. Is it possible that you disagree with Jesus Christ? Why not just criticise him instead? Seems you have a well developed case against all things "Christian". Does that seem logical or rational? Have you consulted counselors on this issue of your deep resentments?...just insulting believers who may be in error seems sort of a waste of breath and time. Ever watch TV or listen to talk shows on current events? It may be worth while to isloate your running overall anger/resentments/shame and personal dishonesty with yourself in an effort to better know why you "tick". Feels like you are a very unhappy "camper" Pal. You are the one who needs help. Admit it. What shameful stuff are you hiding that make you so hard to accept Christian believers? Doyou realize that some of the souls in this chat actually "prayed you here"? They actually did...and do...all the time. It's a Christian thing to love ones fellow man. Try not to be shocked when you wake up to the fact that YOU are the one being "rehabbed".
Dawn

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Furthermore, alot of what the writers say is similar... Interpretations on the same theme. This leads me to believe they are accurate. It is t like a game of telephone where one statement becomes misconsrued over the time it takes others to answer...
Dawn wrote:
I'm showing my ignorance once again, but I have never heard of people not believing Paul...,or any writers of the Gospels. IMHO they are written by people touched by God to do so...i feel that the Lord would not have let their thoughts be written if they didn't have merit. God did t say... Here's my word, go crazy and say whatever you want and it shall be written.... He wouldn't do that! Yes, there are interpretations, some things said differently, but the God I know and love would not let anyone mess up the beauty of his word. Maybe I'm naive, I just feel like the Gospels are all a beautiful part of the Book! Some will have a hey day with me saying this.... But I hope they see my heart. I love talking to and learning from all here... A couple of which aren't real popular... They are intellegent loving humans as well and deserve the respect given anyone. I hate the "team" feeling here. Like it or not, as Gods creatures we are all on the same team! Wow, where did all that come from?

“Jesus Always WinS”

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Dawn wrote:
Hello Dawn,
Unfortunately St.Paul is targeted, and was in the first century too. These verses of scripture from St.Peter states it:

2 Peter 3:15-16
15 Bear in mind that our Lordís patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

We really only become Gods' creatures when we are born of the Holy Spirit. Then we become God's children.

If we were all on the same team, then Christ would not have enemies. St.Paul is targeted mostly by Islam. If thy can oust St.Paul as the Apostle to The Gentiles, they tend to see it that they can oust Christ as the Messiah for the world. Islam wants Muhammad as the Messiah for the world. It is taught Jesus was defeated by Satan. Muhammad was the false prophet of the Book of Revelation. Anti-Salvation.

These are important issues that we have to understand. It would be nice if we were all on the same team.

God Bless you and have a very nice day.
Disgusted

Morral, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Just A Wet Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you read the posts? I answered that one only yesterday.
The Holy Spirit does not take away our ability to reason and think thinks out.
Have you seen that said before? Is it another case of bad memory? You do remember it being said?
ASOG, if multiple people come to multiple, differing conclusions on scripture based on what the alleged holy spirit tells them, then the holy spirit really isn't much use in being a unifying entity with regards to being a "true believer", now is it? I've seen deeply devout believers tear each other to shreds over the most basic points of Christianity, down to things as rudimentary as the existence of hell and the existence of the trinity. These aren't just everyday casual Christians, these are people like you who live and breathe scripture and their faith.

The vaunted "holy spirit" is nothing more than one's personal interpretation of scripture. Since there are so many interpretations, it just shows that people are different, and just how vague the bible really is.

Maybe, just maybe, one of your multiple personalities can process that simple fact. Convene a meeting with yourself. You'll need a large conference table and several chairs.

San Pedro,CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Dawn wrote:
Hi Dawn. That "team" stuff originated at the dawn of time when founders realized the path to harmonious life among people even in primitive societies lays in getting along and working with one another in some semblence of Harmony. Things just seem to go better when folks are getting along and tolerating ,even enjoying each others company. That's probably why according to Matheww the second commandment of the Bible revolves around loving your neighbor as you love oneself. Done right, it was and is clear that harmony and civility can add up to pleasant,even enjoyable living!
Imagine that! The primitive "pre-Christians" even saw that Life could be downright enjoyable with folks just "getting along".That my seem "corny" or "wacky" but it beats bloody mayhem and broken bones and loss of a Life in silly disputes...Hmmmmm! Civilized is not a dirty word. "No Worries" is more than just a slogan then? EH?
Dawn

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Dawn wrote:
Furthermore, alot of what the writers say is similar... Interpretations on the same theme. This leads me to believe they are accurate. It is t like a game of telephone where one statement becomes misconsrued over the time it takes others to answer... <quoted text>
That should say isn't!!!!

San Pedro,CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Dawn, a follow on thought: Life itself is reputed to be a "Gift from your maker"...ie: GOD. Lived according to the many guidelines laid down by God and the elders of society, each person it is said has a chance to live and survive a gratifying,healthy and productive Life by following the basic rules and guidelines handed down by society and to do it in harmony,in peace and with considerable personal satisfaction making the experience of living itself a wonderful and gratifying experience. Spend some time thinking on these ideas and seeing yourself living happily and joyously. Jesus Christ promised not only a wonderful Life here on earth by following the "guidelines,he also promised a eternity of happiness in the hereafter that will result if one observes the simple rules of happy,harmonious life while we are living here. It's pretty good deal.
Dawn

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Huh... This is a bit to take in.... Let me research best as I can....
Just A Wet Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Dawn,
Unfortunately St.Paul is targeted, and was in the first century too. These verses of scripture from St.Peter states it:
2 Peter 3:15-16
15 Bear in mind that our Lordís patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
We really only become Gods' creatures when we are born of the Holy Spirit. Then we become God's children.
If we were all on the same team, then Christ would not have enemies. St.Paul is targeted mostly by Islam. If thy can oust St.Paul as the Apostle to The Gentiles, they tend to see it that they can oust Christ as the Messiah for the world. Islam wants Muhammad as the Messiah for the world. It is taught Jesus was defeated by Satan. Muhammad was the false prophet of the Book of Revelation. Anti-Salvation.
These are important issues that we have to understand. It would be nice if we were all on the same team.
God Bless you and have a very nice day.

“Jesus Always WinS”

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
ASOG, if multiple people come to multiple, differing conclusions on scripture based on what the alleged holy spirit tells them, then the holy spirit really isn't much use in being a unifying entity with regards to being a "true believer", now is it? I've seen deeply devout believers tear each other to shreds over the most basic points of Christianity, down to things as rudimentary as the existence of hell and the existence of the trinity. These aren't just everyday casual Christians, these are people like you who live and breathe scripture and their faith.
The vaunted "holy spirit" is nothing more than one's personal interpretation of scripture. Since there are so many interpretations, it just shows that people are different, and just how vague the bible really is.
Maybe, just maybe, one of your multiple personalities can process that simple fact. Convene a meeting with yourself. You'll need a large conference table and several chairs.
ASOG: A son of God. That is a kind recognition from you to recognise me as being a son of God. So thank you for that. It is through Christ my saviour, and no other, that I am.

It is exactly as I just said. the Holy Spirit does not take away our freedom to reason and think. We pick up things from all angles. We will form a logic on what we know. We might be comfortable in that and not let it go.
Christians are united in Christ our saviour. There are doctrinal issues that may differ due to our own logic and reasoning.
Imagine a triangle. Within it there may be a multitude of Christians of various beliefs on doctrine. As we listen to the Holy Spirit we may be guided to the top of the triangle. The Holy Spirit guides us in holiness and love. Holiness and love at what is at the top of the triangle. There we find God.

When Christians do appear to totally agree and hold no opinion, there comes along something else. Brain washing. They don't appear to be able to think for themselves.

So some will play two cards, and will use the one according to what they see. Because we don't agree, they will say there can be no Holy Spirit. Then when we do agree they will say we are brainwashed.

God does not take away our ability to think and reason for ourselves. God allows us freedom.

San Pedro,CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

It's Sunday. The "Lords Day" according to some. It is too easy to discount folks who attend worship services as wasting their times and posing or putting on some kind of act. But go to a church service and witness the FUN folks have in being together as a community "family" for a few hours and socialize and enjoy each others company. It's what civilized people in society do to keep in touch,enjoy each others company and to take care of many forms of social contact not doable during week day schedules. It really makes sense socially culturally and as a community to come together in communion as a Family of Man.It works. It has forever.
Disgusted

Morral, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

CBart95 wrote:
It's Sunday. The "Lords Day" according to some. It is too easy to discount folks who attend worship services as wasting their times and posing or putting on some kind of act. But go to a church service and witness the FUN folks have in being together as a community "family" for a few hours and socialize and enjoy each others company. It's what civilized people in society do to keep in touch,enjoy each others company and to take care of many forms of social contact not doable during week day schedules. It really makes sense socially culturally and as a community to come together in communion as a Family of Man.It works. It has forever.
It's Saturday, dummy.

“Jesus Always WinS”

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Dawn wrote:
Huh... This is a bit to take in.... Let me research best as I can.... <quoted text>
Hello Dawn,
In what I just posted to you, I only became aware of myself recently.

You might want to look at this website. There are quite a few links there:

http://www.beholdthebeast.com/

Some might not realise this but G wants Christians to abandon the teachings of St. Paul, reject Christ and do things the Jewish way, according to their laws. That in the Gentile world is Islam.
Dawn

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

For sure!!!! I'm an old/ young hippy.... I missed round one but lived that life in the late 80s. I feel like the way to represent Christianity is to show outwardly the glory and love that fills us inwardly.... I guess I meant to say that if we want to show the love of the Lord, we need to be careful how we conduct ourselves.
CBart95 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dawn. That "team" stuff originated at the dawn of time when founders realized the path to harmonious life among people even in primitive societies lays in getting along and working with one another in some semblence of Harmony. Things just seem to go better when folks are getting along and tolerating ,even enjoying each others company. That's probably why according to Matheww the second commandment of the Bible revolves around loving your neighbor as you love oneself. Done right, it was and is clear that harmony and civility can add up to pleasant,even enjoyable living!
Imagine that! The primitive "pre-Christians" even saw that Life could be downright enjoyable with folks just "getting along".That my seem "corny" or "wacky" but it beats bloody mayhem and broken bones and loss of a Life in silly disputes...Hmmmmm! Civilized is not a dirty word. "No Worries" is more than just a slogan then? EH?

San Pedro,CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

No matter how much you disbelieve don't leave in disgust or anger. Your overall unhappiness dragged you here and your off the mark criticism of other believers shows you are needing time to get your act together. In your anger and hateful ideas lies the clues that you are terribly unhapppy ,fearful, racked with frustration and terrified by your Life being out-of-control. Chances are you drink and take drugs that just add to your misery and your Life is heading into the toilet.You can not see your way out and your desperation will just get worse day by day. You are setting yourself up for a major Life Overhaul and the GOD you claim does'nt exixt is whispering to you. BE STILL and know that even tho you can't hear or see your way out,the path for your salvation and relief from your miserable Life is here in this forum. Don't expect immediate results but plug away day by day and you will be rewarded with a New Life that you will have earned.

“Jesus is the only answer,”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of POTSHERD
: a pottery fragment usually unearthed as an archaeological relic
Origin of POTSHERD
Middle English pot-sherd, from pot + sherd shard
Whisper...I think that you are using this word as an insult to X and G and I admit...the pronunciation of the word does not reflect pleasantry.
I think that we all start life out as a piece of pottery...with missing pieces waiting to be discovered...waiting to see where those unearth pieces fit. As we make our journey through life we find missing pieces of the pottery. We twist and turn them hoping to find a place for them. Some don't fit...they are not out pieces so we leave them behind for others to try. When that moment occurs that the bit of potsherd fits...you have found a little piece of yourself.
I am not sure if we ever find all those missing pieces of pottery. For those that believe in reincarnation they return to keep gathering those pieces of potsherd. For Christians they are not complete until heaven. For people such as myself...I don't know...maybe death brings about that final piece or maybe we never find that last piece...but the journey to completion...finding that last piece of potsherd...is what life is about.
So the spoken word potsherd might sound as an insult but the meaning behind it is one of beauty.
Annie this is beautiful. I realy love.

I wish you a very good morning.

JT
Disgusted

Morral, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Just A Wet Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
ASOG: A son of God. That is a kind recognition from you to recognise me as being a son of God. So thank you for that. It is through Christ my saviour, and no other, that I am.
It is exactly as I just said. the Holy Spirit does not take away our freedom to reason and think. We pick up things from all angles. We will form a logic on what we know. We might be comfortable in that and not let it go.
Christians are united in Christ our saviour. There are doctrinal issues that may differ due to our own logic and reasoning.
Imagine a triangle. Within it there may be a multitude of Christians of various beliefs on doctrine. As we listen to the Holy Spirit we may be guided to the top of the triangle. The Holy Spirit guides us in holiness and love. Holiness and love at what is at the top of the triangle. There we find God.
When Christians do appear to totally agree and hold no opinion, there comes along something else. Brain washing. They don't appear to be able to think for themselves.
So some will play two cards, and will use the one according to what they see. Because we don't agree, they will say there can be no Holy Spirit. Then when we do agree they will say we are brainwashed.
God does not take away our ability to think and reason for ourselves. God allows us freedom.
Frankly, I myself would be more convinced of the veracity of your religion if you all DID agree, at least on the main points. But instead all I see are sects and schisms, all based on wildly differing interpretations of not only the bible, but the very nature of god and his intent. It's all hogwash when there is no common front other than belief in Jesus. When christians can't even agree on the nature of salvation then it's all manmade garbage without a shred of divinely inspiration as far as I'm glad concerned. If god exists, you christians are no closer to him/her/it/them than the adherents of any other manmade religion. Therefore, again assuming the existence of god(s), all religions are either right, or they're all wrong.

Face it, if you had judged been born in the middle east you'd be on a thread called "Why Should Allah Love Me?", telling all the non-Muslims that Islam is the One True Way. If a just and fair god exists then he would not make salvation dependent on cultural and geographical considerations.(Argue about missionary outreach all you want but the fact remains those in non christian parts of the world have a much lesser chance of attaining "christian salvation" than those in say, the US. Is that the hallmark of a just god?)

So maybe I should amend my earlier statement to read "if there is a god then either every religion is right or they're all irrelevant".

“Jesus Always WinS”

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

I've just been reading a page from the website http://www.beholdthebeast.com

This page: http://www.beholdthebeast.com/antichrist.htm

A bit in to that page it quotes a verse of scripture from the Koran:

Sura 19:88 They say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son!" 89 Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!

The Holy Bible:

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:[(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also].
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Islam has this:
http://www.666soon.com/666_the_holy_number_of...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 322,301 - 322,320 of596,615
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

679 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min Liam 38,026
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min RiversideRedneck 680,665
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 4 min Harrison Freebird 52,524
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Epic Cleavage 89,597
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Pegasus Zorders Nemesis 250,432
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min StarC 512,290
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Petesake del Liverpoole 109,712
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 30 min chapter100 274
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min Dave Nelson 217,166
•••
•••
•••