mike

AOL

#301749 May 22, 2011
Quintessence 8 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you Alf from the previous hit show Alf? You answer to that question would be my answer.
Are you doc reality from,wynne,ar....yes or no ?
mike

AOL

#301750 May 22, 2011
Quintessence 8 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you Alf from the previous hit show Alf? You answer to that question would be my answer.
If you like,you may call me alf.

“God Bless America”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#301751 May 22, 2011
Everyone have a great day. Out the door to Bible Class God Bless
Doctor Reality

Little Rock, AR

#301752 May 22, 2011
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Are you doc reality from,wynne,ar....yes or no ?
Your head you'd be scrathin',while your thoughts were busy hatchin',........
mike

AOL

#301753 May 22, 2011
Doctor Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Your head you'd be scrathin',while your thoughts were busy hatchin',........
I like that,...may I use it sometimes?

“A Picture of My Brother”

Since: Jul 10

Aborted by Domestic Violence

#301754 May 22, 2011
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple of things. First, you are parsing the Book of Genesis from an English translation. Of course, it was not written in English, it was written in Hebrew. To properly analyze what that part of the Bible says and means, we would need to take that particular phrase in it's original Hebrew and analyze the what each word means, and as you probably surmise, words in one language often do not translate into another, especially between two languages developed through such different cultures and time periods as Hebrew and English. It would have been great if your God had better communication skills and opted to repeat it's message clearly in everyone's native tongue, but sadly this has not happened. But if you want to break this analysis down properly let me know and we can go there.
Secondly, I find your summation that God doesn't know the future and is therefore not omnipotent a very interesting take on the matter. I can't imagine that many Christians would agree with your taking God down a few notches, but I can see how you make your arguments. edited for length
Hey Wilderide... I'm just getting to this. Just to let you know, I'm aware that the Old T was written in Hebrew and in some Chaldean by the way..

1. Let me ask you a question... if Adam and Eve were told what water felt like sometime before they even touched it.. would their understanding of it be different after they felt it than what they were originally told before they felt it? I'll answer it for you... in stating the obvious, of course. There is no need to figure out exactly what was meant because God also gives us common sense.

Their knowledge of water before they touched it would be one kind of understanding...(Priori knowledge)... their knowledge of water after they actually touched the water would be a better understanding (Posteriori or experiental knowledge).

2. I never said that God wasn't omnipotent which means all powerful... But as far as His omniscience (knowledge) goes it is "inherent omniscience" rather that "total omniscience." How could God be righteous if He knew that Adam was going to sin and then play games with them by asking them questions? Total omniscience cannot exist properly with free will but with inherent omniscience free will can exist just fine. And inherent omniscience can also exit with pre-cognition (or future sight) just fine also.

inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known.(See below example)

"Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep His commands."
(Deut 8:2)

total omniscience - actually knowing everything that can be known

3. I also did not say that God couldn't tell the future... First of all, God is "extreeeeeeemely wise" and discerning. And "inherent omniscience" can also exist with pre-cognition (or future sight) just fine also.

“Ha, Ha”

Since: Mar 11

Charade you are

#301755 May 22, 2011
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>And you have done nothing but babbled meaningless and incoherent nonsense!
Typical tactic of the Christian that has no other explanation why someone would reject Christianity. It couldn't possibly be Christianity that is wrong, so belittle the messenger.

#301756 May 22, 2011
mike wrote:
<quoted text>If you like,you may call me alf.
Quintessence 8 wrote:

It was a question... not a presupposition. I tell you what... let's kill 2 birds with one stone. I'll answer the question I asked of you for you while answering your original question all at the same shot, "No"...

#301757 May 22, 2011
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you too.:-)
Thank You...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#301758 May 22, 2011
I would like to extend my appologies to you all for presenting a date that was not correct. In fact, I've also realized by this that other events in time are also incorrect. But that doesn't mean at all that we cannot know the time of Christs return. We still must deal with Rev 3:3, 1 Thess 5, and others. We cannot throw the baby out with the bath water.

But the fundamental Gospel message is still the same, we are guilty sinners before a Holy God and all need His mercy. Lets all keep this in mind. Sincerly, nysdan.

#301759 May 22, 2011
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you logically conclude that because some straight people are sexual addicts therefore all gay people are? Isn't that your argument here? That makes no sense. And moreover how does your friend living with his girlfriend make him a sexual addict? I think you've gotten off topic a bit. Or else you are possible confusing fornication (sex outside of marriage) with sexual addiction somehow.
Part I

Because biblically speaking, Male and Female relationships are natural... the other unnatural, biblically speaking of course.

As far as my co-worker goes. He's a professed Christian, so it is different for him versus one that "never was" a Believer. God has told us Believers to "abstain" from fornication... He's held to a higher standard in God.

No, I'm right. If one, especially a Believer, refuses to trust God and can't resist in not having sex outside of marriage, then they're letting their penis, vagina... or whatever is going on in their brain chemistry, control them. That's sexual addiction.

“...so I can see you.”

Love Conquers All

#301760 May 22, 2011
nysdan wrote:
I would like to extend my appologies to you all for presenting a date that was not correct. In fact, I've also realized by this that other events in time are also incorrect.
Thank you for this apology, Nysdan.
But that doesn't mean at all that we cannot know the time of Christs return. We still must deal with Rev 3:3, 1 Thess 5, and others. We cannot throw the baby out with the bath water.
But the fundamental Gospel message is still the same, we are guilty sinners before a Holy God and all need His mercy. Lets all keep this in mind. Sincerly, nysdan.
Are any of you organizing to go lend a hand of support to all who were deceived by you concerning that date? What about those who spent their life savings or sold property or homes? Are you uniting together to raise money for them? What is being done for the children who trusted you?

I would be more concerned with them than with continuing to prove your thoughts about Rev. 3:3, 1 Thess. 5, and other doctrines.

You said, "We all need His mercy."

I agree with that.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#301761 May 22, 2011
nysdan wrote:
I would like to extend my appologies to you all for presenting a date that was not correct. In fact, I've also realized by this that other events in time are also incorrect. But that doesn't mean at all that we cannot know the time of Christs return. We still must deal with Rev 3:3, 1 Thess 5, and others. We cannot throw the baby out with the bath water.
Thanks Nysdan.....

We are ALL in need of Gods mercy

#301762 May 22, 2011
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops! My bad. It was Daniel 10-11:
"These are the visions I saw while lying in bed: I looked, and there before me stood a tree in the middle of the land. Its height was enormous. The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth. "
This was allegedly an inspired dream, yet it conveys a flat-earth concept, because no matter how tall a tree would be, people on the other side of a spherical earth could not see it.
<quoted text>
LOL! Here is another verse which predicts the future, but how is that possible when neither God nor Saul/Paul know the future? Come to think about it, we should just redact the whole Book of Revelation as false.
1. Daniel: It was just a dream. Prophetic, of course, but still a dream none the less. Smile.. Heck. In some of my dreams I can literally fly.

2. The future: The first thing, God is wise and discerning. The second thing, inherent omniscience comes in to play because it is the ability of what one "chooses to know", which allows for the operation of free will. Thirdly, God is a God of Purpose. There's a scripture (and I'm paraphrasing)... "man can make their plans but it is The Lord's Purpose which will prevail." What I mean by that, since you mentioned Revelations... He knows where satan is going to end up---> in the lake of fire. That is what God ultimately has planned for satan since he has already been judged. And speaking of Revelations... if you read about the seven churches, God is praising and yet warning most of them to repent in some sort of way or He will remove their candlestick. See that? They had the opportunity to get better if "chose" to do so. And it is a given that many will not repent even though they had "the chance" to do so "if they choose" but they refused... but some did repent. You, dear Wilderide, don't have to be in that group in line at the White Throne Judgement which all end up in the lake of fire... if you "chose" Christ in truth... you could end up here:

"There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever." (Rev 22:5)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#301763 May 22, 2011
Open Your Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this apology, Nysdan.
<quoted text>
Are any of you organizing to go lend a hand of support to all who were deceived by you concerning that date? What about those who spent their life savings or sold property or homes? Are you uniting together to raise money for them? What is being done for the children who trusted you?
I would be more concerned with them than with continuing to prove your thoughts about Rev. 3:3, 1 Thess. 5, and other doctrines.
You said, "We all need His mercy."
I agree with that.
I also agree with your post.....

#301764 May 22, 2011
nysdan wrote:
Apology accepted Bro... that is at least, a fresh... fine start. God Bless.

#301765 May 22, 2011
Doctor Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Your head you'd be scrathin',while your thoughts were busy hatchin',........
I hope Mike washes his hands.

:p

San Pedro,CA

#301766 May 22, 2011
nysdan wrote:
Text book rational "lying" and "crablike" continued stuborn justification of one's erroneous dire predictions. Just like the panicky "Sky is falling!" ninnys of yore. No acceptance of ones lunacy in buying into hysterical and blind fear (And disloyalty to ones Higher Power). All this is just warmed over "aftermath by hysterical and unfaithful crybabies".

That you (and we) are free again to pursue LIFE and actually listen to our own intuition, as well as the truth available as Divine Guidance, is no small matter.

We are Free!, just as before...

to take the terrifying Leap of Faith into the darkness of believing in a Loving All Powerful G O D !

And in listening to our own GOD inspired intuitions! Praise his Holy Name!

This is the first Day in the rest of our Lives! Let us rejoice and be Glad in it and in the Love of Jesus CHRIST!

Hallelujah!
mike

AOL

#301767 May 22, 2011
nysdan wrote:
Thanks for showing up.
I'll call that honorable.

#301768 May 22, 2011
Revelations 3:3

"Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you."

1. The first thing I thought about after I read this, Nysdan, was... "Who is He talking to and why did He say that?" Now granted, I believe the seven churches depicted in Revelations are the seven conditions that could be found in the Body of Christ.

2. But in this verse He was talking to the Church of Sardis who, except for a few members, got weak in their faith and was told to strengthen what they had left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 775,684
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min andet1987 5,115
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 23 min UnderstandPeople 4,780
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 35 min RiccardoFire 37,820
ChristmasProfits.co Review - Information About ... 50 min theepicbonus 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min Protester 265,194
Last Word + 2 1 hr andet1987 980
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 559,649
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr duststorm 441,786
More from around the web