“A Picture of My Brother”

Since: Jul 10

Aborted by Domestic Violence

#300917 May 19, 2011
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped.... See, the problem you demonstrate here is that every Christian thinks they know the TRUTH, even when hardly any two Christians can agree on what the opaque Bible says about many things. Have you ever discussed this with a gay Christian, or a Christian who interprets the Bible differently than you? Or upon what are you basing your TRUE interpretation of the Bible on? What did Jesus say on the matter? What rationale would God have for condemning two gay people from having a committed relationship to each other that you and your wife would have?
Part II

1. You ---> "See, the problem you demonstrate here is that every Christian thinks they know the TRUTH, even when hardly any two Christians can agree on what the opaque Bible says about many things." Me ---> There are a lot of negative reasons for this... which, of course, is not good... sometimes though it is necessary in order to stick with the Truth in God's Word.. like in the case of the Campingnites or tongue-talkin', snake-handling churches... or in the case of Barnabas and Paul regarding Mark or Paul fussing out Peter regarding the Gentiles..

2. You ---> "Have you ever discussed this with a gay Christian, or a Christian who interprets the Bible differently than you?" Me ---> Yes.

3. You ---> "Or upon what are you basing your TRUE interpretation of the Bible on? What did Jesus say on the matter? Me ---> I looked up the original, greek word for "fornications" in the Bible"

Jesus ---> "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, FORNICATIONS, murders,(Mark 7:21)

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

4. You ---> "What rationale would God have for condemning two gay people from having a committed relationship to each other that you and your wife would have?"

Me ---> Not only is man made in the image of God but the woman is also made in the image of God... the male/female/child relationship represents the Godhead. Any other familial relationship is a perversion to that. It offends God greatly.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#300918 May 19, 2011
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well according to the Bible the rapist must pay the father of the victim and then marry her.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
For that matter, one can commit every conceivable evil repeatedly, and if they truly repent on their deathbed it's all as if nothing happened.

In fact, do you know what the one and only unforgivable sin is? Denying the Holy Spirit. Here is an ideology which imagines a God which is only interested in itself.

“Ha, Ha”

Since: Mar 11

Charade you are

#300919 May 19, 2011
LAWEST100 wrote:
Correction: CORRECTION, Lol......
LOL, I wish Topix had a way to edit a post.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#300920 May 19, 2011
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
You just stepped in it nysdan!!!
Major contradiction to say the least!!!
Now follow me here. If the "dead in Christ" don't rise until 6:00pm MDT in Colorado than "those that remain" (that are alive) in New York will have been gathered to meet Christ in the clouds 2 hours before the "dead in Christ" rise in Colorado, which is a direct contradiction to what God's Word says.
Lets look shall we.
1st Thessalonians 4:16-17.
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: AND THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST:
17THEN WE WHICH ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN SHALL BE CAUGHT UP TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS, TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Now it clearly says that "the dead in Christ shall rise first". Not "the dead in New York first before the dead in Colorado".
And it also clearly says "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds".
So for those verses to be true those that have died in Colorado and rise would have to do so before those that are alive and remain are gathered up in New York.
But according to you and the twisted Camping doctrine that you've so foolishly bought into those that are alive and remain in New York will be gathered up 2 hours before those that are dead in Colorado are risen from the dead.
Major contradiction there nysdan.
And once again another Camping theory is shot down and proven (by God's Word) to be nothing but the twisted musings of a false prophet (Harold Camping) that you've so foolishly believed.
Once again God's Word shows the truth and exposes the lies you and the rest of the Campette's are trying to sell.
The graves must be opened in order for anything to come out. Wishful thinking on your part. Unless the quake opens the graves first the rapture cannot takeplace in that area. You are coming from a standpoint that the whole world must rise together. The bible says no such thing. It won't be May 21 in every place in the world at the same hour. You are reading that into the text.
Besides, argue against it will do no good, I'm delivering the truth. You will find out in two days.

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#300921 May 19, 2011
<quoted text>Well according to the Bible the rapist must pay the father of the victim and then marry her.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Which is just another reason I do not believe in it myself.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#300922 May 19, 2011
<quoted text>
Do you understand what you just did? A logical fallacy called a "Red Herring" or another words you were caught with no way out and no answers, so let's just change the subject OK?
That being said, OK, let's go with the subject at hand "Why Should Jesus Love Me?"
Whatever it is that you perceived "what I just did" pales by comparison to Your hype of "God is not real because I didn't receive of him", I answered your questions correctly and in timely order.

The Bible let's us know that it is hard on the TRESPASSER, You failed in Christ due to your own devices and not God's or anyone else'S.

Blessings!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#300923 May 19, 2011
<quoted text>
LOL, I wish Topix had a way to edit a post.
Yes, That would be useful in some cases!

“Ha, Ha”

Since: Mar 11

Charade you are

#300924 May 19, 2011
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
For that matter, one can commit every conceivable evil repeatedly, and if they truly repent on their deathbed it's all as if nothing happened.
In fact, do you know what the one and only unforgivable sin is? Denying the Holy Spirit. Here is an ideology which imagines a God which is only interested in itself.
Here is a good run down on Bible based marriage.

#300925 May 19, 2011
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Chosen sexuality? Give me a break. When did you choose your sexuality? I've never met anyone who has that ability.
Part III

1. You ---> "Chosen sexuality? Give me a break. When did you choose your sexuality? I've never met anyone who has that ability.
Me ---> It's simply the natural order of things... now I'm black/hispanic, a lot of blacks are offended when the LGBT community uses the civil rights card. I can't and wouldn't want to wash away my skin-tone... we don't have any choice in the matter except those who choose to lighten or darken their skin by other means. Many simply don't believe that the LGBT community should equate themselves with Blacks as initially evidenced in Prop 8... I heard one time from a gay person that being gay was called "The New Black'.

Here is a reply to a 1970 article in JAMA that I thought was interesting... I didn't look at the article yet... but you may either find this more inquistive or perhaps offensive as to say such now-a-days would be "politically-incorrect ".

http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/213/9/1494.2...

San Francisco

#300926 May 19, 2011
Quintessence 8 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You ---> "See, the problem you demonstrate here is that every Christian thinks they know the TRUTH, even when hardly any two Christians can agree on what the opaque Bible says about many things." Me ---> There are a lot of negative reasons for this... which, of course, is not good... sometimes though it is necessary in order to stick with the Truth in God's Word.. like in the case of the Campingnites or tongue-talkin', snake-handling churches... or in the case of Barnabas and Paul regarding Mark or Paul fussing out Peter regarding the Gentiles..
But how do you verify what is the TRUTH? That's the whole problem.
2. You ---> "Have you ever discussed this with a gay Christian, or a Christian who interprets the Bible differently than you?" Me ---> Yes.
3. You ---> "Or upon what are you basing your TRUE interpretation of the Bible on? What did Jesus say on the matter? Me ---> I looked up the original, greek word for "fornications" in the Bible"
Jesus ---> "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, FORNICATIONS, murders,(Mark 7:21)
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...
First of all, the KJV is acknowledged by most Biblical scholars as one of the the most inaccurate English translations of the originating texts.

But more to the point, Jesus says nothing about gay people, or gay sex, only sexual impropriety outside of marriage. Let two people of the same gender be married and no problem! The church did in fact recognize such marriages as late as the tenth century and even made one male couple saints: Sts Baccus ans Sergius.
4. You ---> "What rationale would God have for condemning two gay people from having a committed relationship to each other that you and your wife would have?"
Me ---> Not only is man made in the image of God but the woman is also made in the image of God... the male/female/child relationship represents the Godhead. Any other familial relationship is a perversion to that. It offends God greatly.
That made no sense, and was simply circular reasoning. You've basically said that male-female relationships are normative because they are. Let's assume for the sake of argument that both men and women were created in the image of God. So? How is that an argument that two people of the same gender in a committed relationship offends God? I don't see the rationale, certainly not in the argument you made.

San Francisco

#300927 May 19, 2011
Quintessence 8 wrote:
<quoted text>Part III
1. You ---> "Chosen sexuality? Give me a break. When did you choose your sexuality? I've never met anyone who has that ability.
Me ---> It's simply the natural order of things.
Oh, right, NOW I see the truth! It's it because it is! Brilliant!

Come on Quin, really?
.. now I'm black/hispanic, a lot of blacks are offended when the LGBT community uses the civil rights card. I can't and wouldn't want to wash away my skin-tone... we don't have any choice in the matter except those who choose to lighten or darken their skin by other means. Many simply don't believe that the LGBT community should equate themselves with Blacks as initially evidenced in Prop 8... I heard one time from a gay person that being gay was called "The New Black'.
Well, again, I never brought up civil rights, nor compared sexual orientation to race, you are here.

But since you bring it up, all I see you doing here is not liking the argument, but no refutation.

Personally I see some equivalencies. Race was a big issue in the 60s and 70s (and still is, sadly). Gay people came to the fore later, but it's the same struggle essentially. The fact that gay people aren't always obviously so as someone who is of a certain skin color doesn't enter into it.

And I'll go further: I very much believe that anyone who struggled with issues of race (or indeed any kind of bigotry) and then turns around and does the same to gay people learned nothing from their experience, and are worse that a bigot who never had such issues.

Quotes from Coretta Scott King.......

“Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood.”[...]

“We are all tied together in a single garment of destiny...I can never be what I ought to be until you are allowed to be what you ought to be,” she said, quoting her husband.“I’ve always felt that homophobic attitudes and policies were unjust and unworthy of a free society and must be opposed by all Americans who believe in democracy.”[...]

“Gays and lesbians stood up for civil rights in Montgomery, Selma, in Albany, Ga. and St. Augustine, Fla., and many other campaigns of the Civil Rights Movement,” she said.“Many of these courageous men and women were fighting for my freedom at a time when they could find few voices for their own, and I salute their contributions.”

San Francisco

#300928 May 19, 2011
<quoted text>
Here is a good run down on Bible based marriage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OFkeKKszXTwXX
LOL! I've seen that before. Betty Bowers is hilarious.

#300929 May 19, 2011
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Quin, how many times do I need to tell you in the clearest possible terms that my sexuality has nothing to do with my atheism? Why have you latched on to this idea so firmly? I could have very easily been a gay born-again Christian. I refer you back to my previous point that my devoting to my religion was to such a degree that I was prepared to be celibate for it's sake. Would you be willing to make such a sacrifice? As it happens now I think the Bible is not at all very clear on the topic of homosexuality, and if you wish to discuss that I'm quite happy to. But I suppose you will just have to take me at my word that my sexuality did not drive me from Christianity; it was just another aspect of my relationship with it.
Part IV

I never heard of a gay, tongue-talking Pentecostal, former-believing now Atheist before so it peaked my interest. I can drop it if you wish but I just have my own doubts which I guess would be my problem not yours. I just don't understand how one can go from being that to willing-to-celibate-yourself for your beliefs to "coincidently" studying the Bible afterwards and then coincidently, completely giving up the ministry, which specializes in helping those in the LGBT community who are struggling with their faith ---> All of a sudden.... you mentioned tongues and mass-hysteria... then were you really even genuinely saved to begin with? That's just some of my questions lingering... if it doesn't get answered, then oh well, I can live with that.

I have celibated myself for the next 2 years after I received Christ... it wasn't hard at all because God helped me. But no, I wouldn't celibate myself like Paul did... to which was a gift in my opinion... not everyone has that gift.

And Jesus spoke on homosexuality... and other sexual sins as it relates to the Bible... He called it "Fornications".

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#300930 May 19, 2011
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Ham
It's wonderful you feel joy and want to tell as many as you can about your joy.
Do you expect your joy to rub onto others, is that possible, do you control joy for others, or is it simply a feeling?
Is joy something you tell yourself,..like telling yourself enough times, you start to believe it?
You rub your joy in my face hoping it will rub off, or, is it simply another way of being snide?
Hi Mike..

Sorry for the delay..

I am also sorry you feel I am being snide..

I sense a feeling that you are being attacked by me..That my feelings are designed to rub off on you..

Keep in mind that in my view joy only comes from Jesus.. His joy will be rubbing off on you once you love Him.. When you see the joy of Jesus in the face or another, then joy may rub off on you.. It is quite contagious thou..But, you must have Jesus in your heart first.. All I am doing or trying to do is share my Joy with others..That is not very dificult..it is there for all to see..

I am not a salesman..I do hope thou that I am a decent representitive of Jesus..His joy is not for sale..Nothing you can do.. It is a free gift.. I am sure you have been around people where you recognize a favorable quality and end up having the same quality..Happens all the time..Who do you admire? Take out some time to make a list and then try to see if there is anything in common..You might be surprised..

The danger is that you may zero in on someone only to find he has a secret..He may be a sex offender or a spousal abuser.. That is the risk, when one tries to follow someone other than Jesus..He has no defects..He is it..

Good talking to you..

Hope I didn't ramble on too far..

Ham

#300931 May 19, 2011
whispers wrote:
<quoted text>I was what a nasy worm.little whispers.
Hey Sister... say what? Smile

#300932 May 19, 2011
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Or....
LGBT = A little box which helps me to define, and confine, people who think differently than I do.
Yes

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#300933 May 19, 2011
Hey there....I saw this today

10 Things Harold Camping Can Do on May 22 Besides Run & Hide

Posted by Kim Conte on May 18, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Family Radio founder Harold Camping has been terrifying the heck out of people with his prediction that May 21, 2011 is Judgment Day. In fact, he's so confident that the end of the world is upon us that if you ask him what's going to happen on May 22 if the Rapture doesn't take place, likely he'll give you this answer:

It’s going to happen. It’s going to happen. I don’t even think about those kind of issues. The Bible is not — God is not playing games. I don’t even want to think about that question at all. It is going to happen.

Mmmkay.

Well, in the off-chance that Camping's predictions are, ahem, wrong, here are 10 ways he could spend May 22.

1. Start working on his next end of the world prediction. After all, isn't the third time supposed to be a charm?

2. Return the $2 that I gave to the lady on the subway with the "It's the end of the world!" sign. Surely, I'm not the only person who made a donation to his worthy cause?

3. Hire an excellent press person for when he's hounded by the media.

4. Arrange for someone to take down all the Judgment Day billboards and recycle the fliers.(Or perhaps he can store them until it's time for his next prediction.)

5. Apologize to gay people.

6. Apologize to people who sold all their worldly possessions in anticipation of the big day.

7. Find someone/something to blame for his gross miscalculation -- surely, he won't accept any blame himself.

8. Professional help. Professional help. Professional help.

9. Eat to-die-for desserts while watching the best apocalyptic movies. Finding the silver lining in being wrong about the end of the world is key.

10. Run. Hide. Repeat. There's no way to recover from this one.

San Francisco

#300934 May 19, 2011
Quintessence 8 wrote:
<quoted text>Part IV
I never heard of a gay, tongue-talking Pentecostal, former-believing now Atheist before so it peaked my interest. I can drop it if you wish but I just have my own doubts which I guess would be my problem not yours. I just don't understand how one can go from being that to willing-to-celibate-yourself for your beliefs to "coincidently" studying the Bible afterwards and then coincidently, completely giving up the ministry, which specializes in helping those in the LGBT community who are struggling with their faith ---> All of a sudden....
Well, judging by what you wrote that could be because you aren't really reading what I write. I don't know how I could be more clear. I didn't "suddenly" do anything, it was all a long process. I had decided, according to my reading of the Bible at the time, that my sexuality was sinful and I was going to give it up. My parents stepped in and dissuaded me, and I continued to study the Bible more in depth, and learned about it's history, saw that it was not inerrant, eventually left the church, and by that point my sexuality was no longer an issue. What is hard to understand or even unlikely about any of that?
you mentioned tongues and mass-hysteria... then were you really even genuinely saved to begin with? That's just some of my questions lingering... if it doesn't get answered, then oh well, I can live with that.
Oh here we go with the True Scotsman fallacy, right on time.

Why yes Quin, I was truly born-again, and God even gave me a certified and notarized certificate attesting to the fact. It's around here somewhere, I'll look for it.
I have celibated myself for the next 2 years after I received Christ... it wasn't hard at all because God helped me. But no, I wouldn't celibate myself like Paul did... to which was a gift in my opinion... not everyone has that gift.
And Jesus spoke on homosexuality... and other sexual sins as it relates to the Bible... He called it "Fornications".
Explain to me how "fornications" = "homosexuality".

The Greek work in Mark 7:21 is &#960;&#959;&#961; &#957;&#949;&#8150 ;&#945;&#953; (which Topix will probably not post correctly) and it has nothing to do with homosexuality; it means sexual impropriety, or more specifically, adultery. YOU are putting into the Bible what isn't there. I'm pretty sure that is a sin!

#300935 May 19, 2011
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on Quin that makes no sense at all. Are you saying that God chooses to limit it's own omniscience? And perfect order does not allow for spontaneity. You are trying to have it both ways and failing at both.
<quoted text>
For that matter, why do you imagine a God which plays such head-games with one species of mammal on our particular planet? Doesn't it have anything better to do?
Part I

I'm trying to be as detailed as possible but you sure do type fast... smile

1. You ---> "Oh come on Quin that makes no sense at all. Are you saying that God chooses to limit it's own omniscience?" Me ---> Yes... even Jesus, the Son of God didn't know when that Day was... only the Father... In my opinion, the Father loves the Son and gives Him everything... he could've chosen to know IMO but to completely identify with man I believe He chose not know...

"Then the LORD said to Moses,

God: "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."

2. You ---> "And perfect order does not allow for spontaneity. You are trying to have it both ways and failing at both." Me ---> In referring to our universe it sure does... there is both chaos and order in our universe. Just learned yesterday that they've discovered planets the size of Jupiter with no orbit whatsover... just free falling though space...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#300936 May 19, 2011
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone in the states is actually offering a service where you pay them and when and if you are raptures they will care for your left behind pets. Sad thing is they are making a fortune off the foolish ones buying into this wad of BS.
I heard that this morning on the radio....They said "I guess those people are sinners and aren't planning on being raptured"....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 579,485
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Rider on the Storm 818,498
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min RADEKT 270,217
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 38 min Jolly 24,065
Will Satan, fallen demons, and lost human be i... 52 min giddy up 4
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr monu top ggn 14
Most incredible Mystery of all-time: an Eternal... 1 hr giddy up 13
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr River Tam 2,054
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 hr RiccardoFire 39,987
More from around the web