Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Comments

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Squirrel Shelter”

Since: Dec 06

Smalltown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 27, 2008
 

Judged:

119

106

89

I'm human and without thinking, I probably sin once or twice a day. One of my worst is impatience. Another is gossip. Let's face it, we all gossip and sometimes don't even realize we're doing it, like "did you hear about so and so whos name is in the paper" and that's after it's been passed along nine or ten times. Another is envy, especially when I hear of someone who has won the lottery and I think "Why them instead of me?" Laziness is another. I find myself picking up the tv remote instead of picking up the Bible and searching for the answer to a question that is bothering me and asking for guidance. I could go on and on but in my heart, Jesus and God are very important to me and I feel that I am loved in spite of the fact that I have to apologize to Him every day, sometimes more than once even though I feel in my heart that I don't deserve the love and peace that follow. Anyhow, JMHO. Blessings to all, I for one am going to work on those that I have mentioned and hopefully be a better person for it.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

50

46

39

Good Morning Just Wondering,

You have chosen a very good topic, we definetely don't deserve His constant forgiveness do we.

River Spirit emailed me a beautiful picture the other day of Jesus carrying the cross to calvary, that picture is so moving, just the thought of where He was going and for what reasons.

I've been op Topix since the end of July and to read all the sacriligious postings of Jesus is sometimes nearly unbearable for me, it sure makes my heart wonder how Jesus Himself feels. To know that He gave His all only to be interpretted so vile and malicious by many.

Hopefully we can meet soon and enjoy a nice dinner and strengthen our friendship. Until then may God be with you and keep you in His tender loving care.

Lovingly Sister in Christ -- Granny

“Cake in hand cake n mouth what”

Since: Feb 08

Big D

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

41

34

29

Keep forgiving those that do not see the sins they are living in daily, and keep recognizing that you are to be forgiven daily, and Jesus's love will never leave you alone. Even in the deepest darkest of corners.

Since: Mar 07

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

92

40

40

Everyone on this site needs Jesus.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

20

18

18

its_okay wrote:
Keep forgiving those that do not see the sins they are living in daily, and keep recognizing that you are to be forgiven daily, and Jesus's love will never leave you alone. Even in the deepest darkest of corners.
Just the fact that your ISP is from Dallas Tx and you have posted some serene words to touch my heart, I offer you my sincere thanks.

Bless you and your great state.-- Granny

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

42

29

25

Bobby Drake wrote:
Everyone on this site needs Jesus.
I pray you keep posting your wonderful stand for Jesus. He is truly here for all who seek Him.

Lovingly in His Name - Jesus - Granny

“Squirrel Shelter”

Since: Dec 06

Smalltown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

16

15

15

Old School Granny wrote:
Good Morning Just Wondering,
You have chosen a very good topic, we definetely don't deserve His constant forgiveness do we.
River Spirit emailed me a beautiful picture the other day of Jesus carrying the cross to calvary, that picture is so moving, just the thought of where He was going and for what reasons.
I've been op Topix since the end of July and to read all the sacriligious postings of Jesus is sometimes nearly unbearable for me, it sure makes my heart wonder how Jesus Himself feels. To know that He gave His all only to be interpretted so vile and malicious by many.
Hopefully we can meet soon and enjoy a nice dinner and strengthen our friendship. Until then may God be with you and keep you in His tender loving care.
Lovingly Sister in Christ -- Granny
We definitely have two things to look forward to then, always having our faith to guide us and meeting soon. If Annie (River Spirit) stops by, maybe she'll share the picture with me. Sometimes the unbelief from others that we encounter seems extreme but I've often wondered if maybe they're searching, as we always should, is only their own path. I know that I've made up my mind to search the scriptures that are quoted by some to review and renew my faith. Bless you Judy, and here's hoping the snowbanks disappear soon so that we can meet

“Romans 10:9-10”

Since: Dec 07

Decatur, In.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

16

11

10

Morning Granny, what a refreshing thread this is so far. Only time will tell if it stays this way. Nice sunny day here in my neck of the woods with the fresh snow from the last couple of days it's beautiful outside. More snow on the way late tonight they say. Personally I'm hoping for a lot of snow over the next week so when I head south to Florida for a couple of weeks it will make it even sweeter driving south going from the cold snow to the warm sunshine of the sunshine state. Hope you have a fantastic day. God bless you and God bless everyone here.

“Squirrel Shelter”

Since: Dec 06

Smalltown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

11

11

11

its_okay wrote:
Keep forgiving those that do not see the sins they are living in daily, and keep recognizing that you are to be forgiven daily, and Jesus's love will never leave you alone. Even in the deepest darkest of corners.
Thank you for your reply. John 3:16 is one of my favorites and I am thankful
BLOOD_GURL

Brownwood, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

8

5

5

IDK

“Fisher of Fish ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

19

17

9

Hello Everyone,
It is great to see you all. I am thankful that the Lord loves me. I have been so blessed by that love. There is not a reason in this world that He should love me, I don't deserve a moment of His time. I fall so short of His Glory. None the less, He loves me. He Loves Me. That blows my mind.
I Love Him,
I love You all,
Denie

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

8

8

6

Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
We definitely have two things to look forward to then, always having our faith to guide us and meeting soon. If Annie (River Spirit) stops by, maybe she'll share the picture with me. Sometimes the unbelief from others that we encounter seems extreme but I've often wondered if maybe they're searching, as we always should, is only their own path. I know that I've made up my mind to search the scriptures that are quoted by some to review and renew my faith. Bless you Judy, and here's hoping the snowbanks disappear soon so that we can meet
Hi again,

I just came from a thread where a lady referred someone else to the first chapter of Romans, I believe someone questioned her about how God makes Himself known to all.

Anyway when I read the first chapter things were brought to light that I had't noticed before.

I've let myself get unpacked instead of staying geared up for where God wants me to be for Him. I came on Topix to spread my seeds of faith and have been sidetracked. It took some nons and trolls to open my eyes if you can believe that.

Much love to you dear sister, this is a lovely room and I will help you welcome posters of faith and help ennncourage all we can.

Lovingly -- Granny

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

8

6

5

denie wrote:
Hello Everyone,
It is great to see you all. I am thankful that the Lord loves me. I have been so blessed by that love. There is not a reason in this world that He should love me, I don't deserve a moment of His time. I fall so short of His Glory. None the less, He loves me. He Loves Me. That blows my mind.
I Love Him,
I love You all,
Denie
Hi Denie,

I do believe we have found a new mission. It's what I started out to do and have finally realized how sidetracked I became.

Much love to you Denie, heres to our new Journey for the Lord.

Much love -- Judy

“Fisher of Fish ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

3

John Coffey wrote:
Morning Granny, what a refreshing thread this is so far. Only time will tell if it stays this way. Nice sunny day here in my neck of the woods with the fresh snow from the last couple of days it's beautiful outside. More snow on the way late tonight they say. Personally I'm hoping for a lot of snow over the next week so when I head south to Florida for a couple of weeks it will make it even sweeter driving south going from the cold snow to the warm sunshine of the sunshine state. Hope you have a fantastic day. God bless you and God bless everyone here.
Hey John,
Glad to hear you are coming south. It was cool here last night. 38 with the wind chill at 30. Darn cold for us, Floridians. It is supposed to warm back to the 70's and 80's by the first of next week. Be careful on your trip down. My uncle was in Sebring a few days back. It is beautiful over there. My hubby and I like to bass fish in some of those old phosphate lakes.
Much Love to You, Brother
Denie
Larry

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

9

6

6

Old School Granny wrote:
1. You have chosen a very good topic, we definetely don't deserve His constant forgiveness do we.

2. I've been op Topix since the end of July and to read all the sacriligious postings of Jesus is sometimes nearly unbearable for me, it sure makes my heart wonder how Jesus Himself feels. To know that He gave His all only to be interpretted so vile and malicious by many.
With all due respect Granny:

1. I think we most certainly do deserve His forgiveness. We are put in a circumstance where we can't live up to expectations. Its like me putting a cake in front of a two year old and saying don't eat the cake and then leaving the room. When you come back and the cake is all over the room and the child. who could you possibly blame? The child or myself for putting the child in a circumstance he can't possibly resist.

2. Jesus should feel nothing personal about sin and how He is percieved. For what ever reason (and its never been explained in a way that makes sense to me) Satan is let loose on earth to win souls. And he will win souls over. A christian will believe he has won me over. I don't see it that way. I have nothing personal against Jesus. I don't love worldly things more than Him or my salvation. I don't love or cherish sin. If He wants me to love Him all He needs to do is reveal Himself to me. Its all I've ever asked of Him since my search began in earnest.

But never the less it was Gods decision to let Satan loose on earth. It doesn't make sense, He owes Satan nothing, from what I've read in the bible but still he chose to loose him to take souls with him to hell.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Medjugorje. But there are supposedly visionaries there. Recently a visionary revealed that God gave Satan permision to attack His church for 100 years. I don't believe in that nonsense, but millions do. Lets give christianity the benefit of the doubt for a second (at least on my part). Why would God do this? What in the Heck does he owe Satan that he He puts human souls at risk?

“Squirrel Shelter”

Since: Dec 06

Smalltown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

4

4

3

denie wrote:
Hello Everyone,
It is great to see you all. I am thankful that the Lord loves me. I have been so blessed by that love. There is not a reason in this world that He should love me, I don't deserve a moment of His time. I fall so short of His Glory. None the less, He loves me. He Loves Me. That blows my mind.
I Love Him,
I love You all,
Denie
Hi Denie,
What a beautiful post and so true that we don't deserve his time or love. All we can do is keep striving to deepen our faith each day of our lives and hope that by living by our faith that we can inspire others by being true to our faith. By the way, have you noticed that I put the new girl up for my avator?
Blame it on the "dog lovers" thread."
Bless you and have a GREAT day!

“Squirrel Shelter”

Since: Dec 06

Smalltown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

John Coffey wrote:
Morning Granny, what a refreshing thread this is so far. Only time will tell if it stays this way. Nice sunny day here in my neck of the woods with the fresh snow from the last couple of days it's beautiful outside. More snow on the way late tonight they say. Personally I'm hoping for a lot of snow over the next week so when I head south to Florida for a couple of weeks it will make it even sweeter driving south going from the cold snow to the warm sunshine of the sunshine state. Hope you have a fantastic day. God bless you and God bless everyone here.
John,
Have a great time in Florida, bring some of that nice warm heat back with you when you come back. Yes, snow is beautiful especially with the sun shining but you know, it does get tiresome. I'm an outdoors, garden type gal, and now that Spring is so close I'm getting impatient.
Bless you too, always

Since: Jul 07

San Pedro,CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

7

6

5

"Just Wondering" just wandered in to a place of Love and high expectations. This happy "accident" may actually be the result of Divine Love or maybe someone here "prayed" you here.
You overall approach seems to suggest that your are praying to a "GOD" who is not as forgiving and loving as the "God" so many of us celibrate.
Your list of Daily "Sins" has you living in fear and regret when, by our way of believing, all you've done is the obvious things simple living has us doing that may keep us less than fulfilled on a daily basis, but certainly not living in dread about our chances of getting into Heaven.
Our "GOD" is a loving God...a forgiving ,patient higher being who Loves each of us. Thus we believe in the goodness of the Lord as we go out into the Land of the Living! Our lives take on new meaning and focus and we contribute our thoghts and energy toward the fulfillment of our souls.
It's a priviledge to welcome you here to join with us in this celebration of God's LOVE.

PS: Pay no attention to the Athiests and other unhappy types you will encounter here: We prayed them here too.

Since: Jul 07

San Pedro,CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Just Wondering! Wait till you hear the story on God's GRACE! It will likely blow your mind.

In the simple telling of it a magic door of understanding may swing wide for you...as it has for so many former doubters...Good to have you join us!

“Fisher of Fish ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 28, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Denie,
What a beautiful post and so true that we don't deserve his time or love. All we can do is keep striving to deepen our faith each day of our lives and hope that by living by our faith that we can inspire others by being true to our faith. By the way, have you noticed that I put the new girl up for my avator?
Blame it on the "dog lovers" thread."
Bless you and have a GREAT day!
Hey JW,
I did notice that cute pup. I am enjoying that Dog lovers thread. WarriorMom encouraged me to start it. Have a great day.
Love Denie

I think I am going to enjoy this thread. I know I have wondered how He could put up with me. I am happy that He does.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

580 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min pusherman_ 529,611
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Proxy Queen 715,825
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 255,506
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 36,376
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min Krackerjacks 114,519
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min waaasssuuup 223,010
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Lyndi 171,384
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr blueberry 57
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••