Women, being alone is no excuse for i...

Women, being alone is no excuse for immodesty

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#1 Dec 4, 2013
Many single women today 'bask in the glow' of wearing clothes that are sensual and IMMODEST in the hopes of luring in 'Mr. Right'......you betta' watch yo self..you gone end up 'luring in one of Satan's many 'sons'. Or even worse, your immodesty may pull a REAL man of God away from his Lord and Savior. Just keepin' it....REAL, Sista'.
Sybian Princess

Portland, OR

#2 Dec 5, 2013
OMG and LOL, what a doofus! "In modesty"? Really? I guess you must be stuck in the 18th century or something, people these days are more enlightened and realize that sex and sexuality are not moral issues. Why do you keep haunting these forums – you used to be funny, now it's just sad.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#3 Dec 6, 2013
Sybian Princess wrote:
OMG and LOL, what a doofus! "In modesty"? Really? I guess you must be stuck in the 18th century or something, people these days are more enlightened and realize that sex and sexuality are not moral issues. Why do you keep haunting these forums – you used to be funny, now it's just sad.
You're probably one of those women that think nothing of 'showing their ankles'.
Yoga Pants for Mr Right

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Dec 7, 2013
You attract more honeys when you look fly.
Everyday Sexism

Newington, CT

#5 Dec 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Many single women today 'bask in the glow' of wearing clothes that are sensual and IMMODEST in the hopes of luring in 'Mr. Right'......you betta' watch yo self..you gone end up 'luring in one of Satan's many 'sons'. Or even worse, your immodesty may pull a REAL man of God away from his Lord and Savior. Just keepin' it....REAL, Sista'.
So - once again - it's the "What was she wearing?", argument?

Misogyny and sexism comes in many forms. So does misdirection, disinformation, scapegoating and RAPE.

Quote:
"Or even worse, your immodesty may pull a REAL man of God away from ... "

The same old, tired and incendiary diatribe:
Woman as evil succubus. Woman as the sins of the world.
And - even worse - woman as the reason MEN can't "control themselves".

Get off the podium.
There are many more sane voices standing in line.

Tell your stories:
http://usa.everydaysexism.com/
Sybian Princess

Portland, OR

#6 Jan 14, 2014
Everyday Sexism wrote:
<quoted text>
So - once again - it's the "What was she wearing?", argument?... Get off the podium.
There are many more sane voices standing in line.
Good answer, TY!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Epiphany2 612,588
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 853,533
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 595,780
Rajkot gay Topix 32 min Vishal 150
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 34 min I Am No One_ 444,099
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min The_Box 100,667
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 54 min razz58 2,626
More from around the web