Comments
5,841 - 5,860 of 24,230 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2013
Idi O Syncrasy

Farmington, CA

#6182 Nov 10, 2008
jooce wrote:
<quoted text>philippians 1:1 paul and timotheus the servants of jesus christ, to all the saints in christ jesus which are at philippi with the bishops and deacons... you reading some one elses mail? shame on you yes?
Once the letter became Biblical Canon, it's pretty much an open letter to all.
Sounds like you've begun reading it too, yes?
In Paul's letters the greeting or praescriptio follows a standard form, though with variations. It is based upon the common Greco-Roman epistolary practice, but with the addition of Semitic and specifically Christian elements. The three basic components are: name of sender; name of addressee; greeting. In identifying himself, Paul often adds phrases to describe his apostolic mission; this element is more developed in Romans than in any other letter. Elsewhere he associates co-workers with himself in the greeting: Sosthenes (1 Cor), Timothy (2 Cor; Phil; Phl) Silvanus (1 Thes-2 Thes). The standard secular greeting was the infinitive chairein, "greetings." Paul uses instead the similar-sounding charis, "grace," together with the Semitic greeting salom (Greek eirene), "peace." These gifts, foreshadowed in God's dealings with Israel (see Numbers 6:24-26), have been poured out abundantly in Christ, and Paul wishes them to his readers. In Romans the Pauline praescriptio is expanded and expressed in a formal tone; it emphasizes Paul's office as apostle to the Gentiles. Romans 1:3-4 stress the gospel or kerygma, Romans 1:2 the fulfillment of God's promise, and Romans 1:1, 5 Paul's office.
Idi O Syncrasy

Farmington, CA

#6183 Nov 10, 2008
Psalm 24:1b-2, 3-4ab, 5-6

"The LORD’s are the earth and its fullness;
the world and those who dwell in it.
For he founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the rivers."

"Who can ascend the mountain of the LORD?
or who may stand in his holy place?
He whose hands are sinless, whose heart is clean,
who desires not what is vain."

"He shall receive a blessing from the LORD,
a reward from God his savior.
Such is the race that seeks for him,
that seeks the face of the God of Jacob."

Lord, this is the people that longs to see your face.

Since: Oct 08

Long Beach, CA

#6185 Nov 11, 2008
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, just swap the colour of the hair!
Q. what you get when you offer blonde a penny for her thot? A. change.

Q. why did god create blondes? A. cos sheep cant bring beer from fridge.
:>)

“Prostibuli eligantia”

Since: Apr 08

Arlington

#6186 Nov 11, 2008
jooce wrote:
<quoted text>Q. what you get when you offer blonde a penny for her thot? A. change.
lol

Ashford, AL

#6187 Nov 11, 2008
Daily Devotion:

There are two kinds of fear: godly and ungodly. We must pray that we live in godly fear, which is good, and not give place to ungodly fear, which is torment. One of the most common types of ungodly fear is the fear of man, or a fear of rejection. It's a trap we can fall into without ever realizing it. In order to protect ourselves from it, we have to care more about what GOD says than what anyone else say.

Ashford, AL

#6188 Nov 11, 2008
I’LL NEVER LOOK AT A DECK OF CARDS IN THE SAME WAY AGAIN!!!

This is well worth the read. If you’re too busy to read it now, save it, and read it when you have a moment.

Here is a new way to look at a deck of cards!! Do not delete!! You will be glad you didn’t!!

DECK OF CARDS
It was quite that day, the guns and the mortars, and land mines for some reason hadn’t been heard. The young soldier knew it was Sunday, the holiest day of the week. As he was sitting there, he got out an old deck of cards and laid them out across his bunk. just then an army sergeant came in and said,“Why aren’t you with the rest of the platoon?”

The soldier replied,“I thought I would stay behind and spend some time with the Lord.”

The sergeant said,“Looks to me like you’re going to play cards.”

The soldier said,“No, sir. You see, since we are not allowed to have Bibles or other spiritual books in this country, I’ve decided to talk to the Lord by studying this deck of cards.”

The sergeant asked in disbelief,“How will you do that?”

“You see the Ace, Sergeant? It reminds me that there is only one God.

The Two represents the two parts of the Bible, Old and New Testaments

The Three represents the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

The Four stands for the Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

The Five is for the five virgins there were ten but only five of them were glorified.

The Six is for the six days it took God to create the Heavens and Earth.

The Seven is for the day God rested after making His Creation.

The Eight is for the family of Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives -- the eight people God spared from the flood that destroyed the Earth.

The Nine is for the lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy..He cleansed ten, but nine never thanked him.

The Ten represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses on tables made of stone.

The Jack is a reminder of Satan, one of God’s first angels, but he got kicked out of heaven for his sly and wicked ways of trying to be God and is now the joker of eternal hell.

The Queen stands for the Virgin Mary.

The King stands for Jesus, for he is the King of all Kings.

When I count the dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total, one for every day of the year.

There are a total of 52 cards in a deck; each is a week – 52 weeks in a year.

The four suits represent the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

Each suit has thirteen cards – there are exactly thirteen weeks in a quarter.

So when I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for.”

The sergeant just stood there. After a minute, with tears in his eyes and pain in his heart, he said,“Soldier, can I borrow that deck of cards?”

Please let this be a reminder and take time to pray for all our soldiers who are being sent away, putting their lives on the line fighting

Please keep the wheel rolling. It will only take a few seconds of your time, but it’ll be worth it to read on…

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them. Bless them and their families. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen.

When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our servicemen and women all around the world. There is nothing attached, but this can be very powerful. Of all the gifts you could give our Soldiers, prayer is the very best one. Do not stop the wheel, please -- just send this on.

“Prostibuli eligantia”

Arlington

#6189 Nov 11, 2008
Love in Christ wrote:
This is well worth the read. If you’re too busy to read it now, save it, and read it when you have a moment.
Here is a new way to look at a deck of cards!! Do not delete!! You will be glad you didn’t!!
DECK OF CARDS
It was quite that day, the guns and the mortars, and land mines for some reason hadn’t been heard. The young soldier knew it was Sunday, the holiest day of the week. As he was sitting there, he got out an old deck of cards and laid them out across his bunk. just then an army sergeant came in and said,“Why aren’t you with the rest of the platoon?”
The soldier replied,“I thought I would stay behind and spend some time with the Lord.”
The soldier said,“No, sir. You see, since we are not allowed to have Bibles or other spiritual books in this country, I’ve decided to talk to the Lord by studying this deck of cards.”
The Five is for the five virgins there were ten but only five of them were glorified.
The Eight is for the family of Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives -- the eight people God spared from the flood that destroyed the Earth.
The Nine is for the lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy..He cleansed ten, but nine never thanked him.
The Ten represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses on tables made of stone.
The Jack is a reminder of Satan, one of God’s first angels, but he got kicked out of heaven for his sly and wicked ways of trying to be God and is now the joker of eternal hell.
When I count the dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total, one for every day of the year.
So when I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for.”
The sergeant just stood there. After a minute, with tears in his eyes and pain in his heart, he said,“Soldier, can I borrow that deck of cards?”
Please let this be a reminder and take time to pray for all our soldiers who are being sent away, putting their lives on the line fighting
Please keep the wheel rolling. It will only take a few seconds of your time, but it’ll be worth it to read on…
Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them. Bless them and their families. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen.
When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our servicemen and women all around the world. There is nothing attached, but this can be very powerful. Of all the gifts you could give our Soldiers, prayer is the very best one. Do not stop the wheel, please -- just send this on.
LOL

Was that meant to be funny?'Cause it was really funny.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#6190 Nov 11, 2008
jooce wrote:
<quoted text>Q. what you get when you offer blonde a penny for her thot? A. change.
Ahhh, a penny for your thoughts! I asked someone here that very question, when they were deep in thought and they did not know what I meant. I then thought perhaps it is an Aussie saying, seeing as pennies were our old currency! Obviously, someone else knows of this old saying, or perhaps it indeed it originated from Australia!

Question: If a blonde, brunette and redhead jumped off a cliff at the same time, who would land last?

Answer: The blonde, she would be asking for directions on the way down!

P.S. We also have been in our fridge down under! LOL for the jokes...

#6191 Nov 11, 2008
ooops, beer in our fridge!

#6192 Nov 11, 2008
Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
Psalm 24:1b-2, 3-4ab, 5-6
"The LORD’s are the earth and its fullness;
the world and those who dwell in it.
For he founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the rivers."
"Who can ascend the mountain of the LORD?
or who may stand in his holy place?
He whose hands are sinless, whose heart is clean,
who desires not what is vain."
"He shall receive a blessing from the LORD,
a reward from God his savior.
Such is the race that seeks for him,
that seeks the face of the God of Jacob."
Lord, this is the people that longs to see your face.
Thank you dear Idi, yesterday was an important day for me being the 11th of the 11th; and also for those that fought in the wars. In Australia we call it remembrance day, and I believe in America you call it Veteran's Day. For all of those who have fought for Peace to others, and for all, we can indeed say "thank you"... And to the loved ones who may have lost those that they loved in these never ending wars, we can also say "thank you for sharing your love with us all".

Blessings of Peace to us all, and let it come sooner rather than later....

#6193 Nov 11, 2008
Love in Christ wrote:
DECK OF CARDS
Thank you Love in Christ, for sharing with us these words. I just looked up the Deck of Cards lyrics, as I thought there were a few differences, and indeed there are. However, I think it is very appropriate that you have posted this for those Soldiers who are caring enough to fight for peace. And to the one who thought to laugh at these words, we have come to expect exactly that from their postings.... uselessness!

#6194 Nov 11, 2008
If this posts twice, it is because Topix is playing games again! Perhaps they have out their deck of cards....

#6195 Nov 11, 2008
Love in Christ wrote:
DECK OF CARDS
Thank you Love in Christ, for sharing with us these words. I just looked up the Deck of Cards lyrics, as I thought there were a few differences, and indeed there are. However, I think it is very appropriate that you have posted this for those Soldiers who are caring enough to fight for peace. And to the one who thought to laugh at these words, we have come to expect exactly that from their postings.... uselessness!

“Mom of one son.”

Since: Nov 08

BROOKHAVEN, MS 39601

#6196 Nov 11, 2008
skeleton christ wrote:
How does that prove a god exists?
Can you PROVE, that, he does not exist?

“Mom of one son.”

BROOKHAVEN, MS 39601

#6197 Nov 11, 2008
Pat wrote:
I belief that faith is a form of mental illness or defect leaving its victims unable to tell the difference between fact and fiction. It is a terrible disease and has been as much a plague on humanity as small pox. Hopefully one day we can find a cure and help these poor people.
I sure hope you change your mind before he comes to take us believers home! I will pray for you!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6198 Nov 11, 2008
Well, I had migraines so severe that Id pass out from them on occasion, eventually lost my job, and the dr's thought I was having seizures. I had test after test done for 12 yrs and nothing. No reason to be having them came about, even though my head would literally go numb in spots and my speech would slur if anything came out at all. One night at church I was having another headache and I had such a strong faith in the Lord that I just walked up to the prayerline, was annointed with oil and prayed for and I have not had ONE migraine headache in two years!!!!! My headache that I was having at that moment was gone and migraine free!!

Our pastor's brother had such a huge brain tumor about the size of a small-medium orange that his dr's told him that he didnt have much longer bc of where the tumor was at on his brain made it worse. He was also high risk for having strokes too bc of it. Our church prayed earnestly for him and he is now healed of this cancer! He was not a believer at the time, but when the doctors came back after multiple xrays and said there was no tumor, not a trace of a tumor showing on any xray, mri, catscan, etc. he changed his tune. He literally only had months to live from what i understand, but praise be to GOd, he is now alive, healthy, and a believer! I dont care what these others say, I know there is a God without a doubt!
saddamhjr

Roma, Lesotho

#6199 Nov 11, 2008
Mississippi Sissy wrote:
If you love the Lord and are not ashamed, Tell your Testimony.
Mine is very simple you see I was raised up in church and was saved as a teenager. But I did not always live the way I was suppose to. When I was 18 I had my first child. One day when he was about 14 months old he thru a fit a slung his head backwards. He became paralized for months. They told me he may never walk again. Well having nothing else to do but pray, I started and I prayed and prayed for God to take me instead of him. I prayed for his illness to be put on me. Before I made it up to his room after praying my mother came running down the hall they know what is wrong and they are doing what they can. You see I almost lost everything but instead I gave it all up for the life of my son. I love the Lord and thank him everyday for giving me the chance to be with him and enjoy his presence. My son is 8 and is a true boy. He runs, walks, talks, gets in trouble, and he is still alive. Praise be to God.
To start this page out right, I will open in a prayer. Lord I come to you today asking for your Blessing on this thread. Please let it be clean and free from all who would like to abuse it. May we all that enter recieve great Blessings from the stories told. May our hearts be filled with joy. I pray these things in your Son Jesus Christ Sweet and Holy Name.
*******AMEN*******
I can't wait to hear from yall.
Did it ever occur to u that the devil might have healed ur son? how can u be so sure that it was god!let me tell u this,don^t be fooled by the bible becuse it a work of fiction!

#6200 Nov 12, 2008
AEK1955 wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope you change your mind before he comes to take us believers home! I will pray for you!
Indeed there are many that believe in our afterlife, and the Angels that are here protecting us. God Bless you for thinking of praying for those that do not know that they are spiritual beings having a human experience, and thank you for your caring attitude!

#6201 Nov 12, 2008
Minus1 wrote:
Well, I had migraines so severe that Id pass out from them on occasion, eventually lost my job, and the dr's thought I was having seizures. I had test after test done for 12 yrs and nothing. No reason to be having them came about, even though my head would literally go numb in spots and my speech would slur if anything came out at all. One night at church I was having another headache and I had such a strong faith in the Lord that I just walked up to the prayerline, was annointed with oil and prayed for and I have not had ONE migraine headache in two years!!!!! My headache that I was having at that moment was gone and migraine free!!
Our pastor's brother had such a huge brain tumor about the size of a small-medium orange that his dr's told him that he didnt have much longer bc of where the tumor was at on his brain made it worse. He was also high risk for having strokes too bc of it. Our church prayed earnestly for him and he is now healed of this cancer! He was not a believer at the time, but when the doctors came back after multiple xrays and said there was no tumor, not a trace of a tumor showing on any xray, mri, catscan, etc. he changed his tune. He literally only had months to live from what i understand, but praise be to GOd, he is now alive, healthy, and a believer! I dont care what these others say, I know there is a God without a doubt!
Many others have found their faith through experience, I was lucky enough to never have had doubts. And for this, I thank God, otherwise I don't think I would be here, I think I would have gone 'home'......

“Prostibuli eligantia”

Arlington

#6202 Nov 12, 2008
AEK1955 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am looking forward to you all being taken "home." More room for the rest of us rational types. Goodbye and good riddance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 min Naveen kumar 5,353
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 733,697
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Patrick 226,503
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Freebird USA 173,299
do right by your woman 12 min pusherman_ 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Epiphany2 600,142
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 54 min yon 2,514
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr JUDEletePete 118,091
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 19 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE