Reservoir, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

I'm sorry. Perhaps I'm the only crazy person on the planet who feels this way but I am really disappointed in the new Apple iPhone software update.
I read all about the proposed '200 new features' that were supposedly going to be introduced in the latest update and I was counting down the days until the update became available to download.
Like an excited little kid on Christmas morning, I woke up at the crack of dawn when the day finally arrived and ran to my computer with my iPhone.
Well.... Question... 200 new features? Where? Where are these features? Nothing has changed. For better, anyway. I'll give you the 'real' overview of this software update:
- No more YouTube. Yep. Apple failed to mention that in any of their
promotions of the update. There's a separate YouTube app you can download but it's terrible. Really slow; drastically reduced audio and video quality. The iPhone YouTube app was probably what I used most frequently. The fact that I'll never be able to use that app ever again is absolutely devastating.
- The new Maps app is really terrible. Apple advertised it as an 'improvement' to the existing app but it's a completely new (inferior) app that they had to design themselves because they are no longer buddies with Google (same reason YouTube is no longer available). Being someone who travels a fair bit for work, I relied on Google maps daily and it was always fantastic, never had issues with it. The new map is completely unreliable. The directions are incorrect a lot of the time and as a result, I have got lost a few times; the zoom function doesn't work properly and the street names take forever to load so it's not reliable when you need to figure out where to turn but the street
names don't load in time so you miss your turn. Also, with the previous google maps, I could rotate the iPhone and therefore the map so I
could view it at different angles. With the new map, if you rotate the phone, the map rotates with it so you can only see the map at one angle.
- The select, copy, paste function doesn't work as well as it used to. When I try to select text sometimes, it selects it and then unselects it. This never happened before.
- The new layout for the App Store is really slow to load and annoying to use.
- The phone in general is just really slow and sluggish. Letters freeze up while you're typing using the keyboard, emails and text messages seem to take forever to load etc..

Updating the iPhone software was the biggest let down, ever. Seriously, if they don't bring back YouTube and
Google Maps and improve the software speed and functionality, I'm going to consider switching to another smart phone. It's been almost 5 years and I never thought I'd ever switch to anything else until now, but I think the YouTube and Google maps were the best apps on the phone and now that they are gone, the iPhone has kind of lost its appeal. Also, one of the things I found superior in the iPhone compared to other smart phones was that the touch screen was super quick and highly responsive. That has seemed to deteriorate over the past year but especially since the latest update, I've found it's at its worst.

For a software update that was supposed to bring hundreds of benefits, this one seems to have only taken away the key benefits of the iPhone and introduced unwanted bugs.

Is anyone else as disappointed as I am?

Since: Sep 12

Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

wow.. that's really shocking. but I must admit you are a honest man... :)
Billy

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

I agree new software is aweful. I enjoyed YouTube and if I had know that it was removed in ver 6, no way would I have upgraded. The App Store version of YouTube sucks also.
Emma

Endeavour Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Its terrible! Luckily I hadn't updated it when my friend showed me what it was like. It even looks bad, all the music looks awful and YouTube isn't tere and it's a s slow as anything. I'll never update it :(
Gerry

Endeavour Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Shoeboxmoonpiebandaid wrote:
I'm sorry. Perhaps I'm the only crazy person on the planet who feels this way but I am really disappointed in the new Apple iPhone software update.
I read all about the proposed '200 new features' that were supposedly going to be introduced in the latest update and I was counting down the days until the update became available to download.
Like an excited little kid on Christmas morning, I woke up at the crack of dawn when the day finally arrived and ran to my computer with my iPhone.
Well.... Question... 200 new features? Where? Where are these features? Nothing has changed. For better, anyway. I'll give you the 'real' overview of this software update:
promotions of the update. There's a separate YouTube app you can download but it's terrible. Really slow; drastically reduced audio and video quality. The iPhone YouTube app was probably what I used most frequently. The fact that I'll never be able to use that app ever again is absolutely devastating.
- The new Maps app is really terrible. Apple advertised it as an 'improvement' to the existing app but it's a completely new (inferior) app that they had to design themselves because they are no longer buddies with Google (same reason YouTube is no longer available). Being someone who travels a fair bit for work, I relied on Google maps daily and it was always fantastic, never had issues with it. The new map is completely unreliable. The directions are incorrect a lot of the time and as a result, I have got lost a few times; the zoom function doesn't work properly and the street names take forever to load so it's not reliable when you need to figure out where to turn but the street
names don't load in time so you miss your turn. Also, with the previous google maps, I could rotate the iPhone and therefore the map so I
could view it at different angles. With the new map, if you rotate the phone, the map rotates with it so you can only see the map at one angle.
- The select, copy, paste function doesn't work as well as it used to. When I try to select text sometimes, it selects it and then unselects it. This never happened before.
- The phone in general is just really slow and sluggish. Letters freeze up while you're typing using the keyboard, emails and text messages seem to take forever to load etc..
Updating the iPhone software was the biggest let down, ever. Seriously, if they don't bring back YouTube and
Google Maps and improve the software speed and functionality, I'm going to consider switching to another smart phone. It's been almost 5 years and I never thought I'd ever switch to anything else until now, but I think the YouTube and Google maps were the best apps on the phone and now that they are gone, the iPhone has kind of lost its appeal. Also, one of the things I found superior in the iPhone compared to other smart phones was that the touch screen was super quick and highly responsive. That has seemed to deteriorate over the past year but especially since the latest update, I've found it's at its worst.
For a software update that was supposed to bring hundreds of benefits, this one seems to have only taken away the key benefits of the iPhone and introduced unwanted bugs.
Yes!!!!!!!!
BAd

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

Yep,

Back to the stone age. I was thinking of closing my account, this made it happen.

Some things should be left as they are.
CO Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

I agree it is horrible to expect an improvement and have your convenient features taken away from you. WTF This would have never happened if Jobs were here. Im going back to SONY. Taking my followers with me
JSK

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Shoeboxmoonpiebandaid wrote:
Much slower battery life and that is even with a charger case that doubles the batter life. I turned on my phone at 9:30 AM and the I am down to 65% at 9:00 PM, which means I have burned through 135% of power in less than 12-hours. I also noticed that my home wifi is not always engaging, which never happened prior to the new upload. I am curious if anyone else has noticed this as well
arwin

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

I hate it too specialy the app section and the youtube. Thanks for that im buying samsung s3
Brooke

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

I agree...if they don't fix this, I'm switch phones. This update is super frustrating. I'm super disappointed.
Malloy

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Is there any way you can just download the previous software?
ally is a G

Willoughby, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

after i updated my phone it was fine for like a week or too. But now it turns off all the time sometimes wont even come back on. i am very angry about this. sometimes i even wanna throw the thing cause it pisses me off. i wish i would have never did it!
MeohMy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I've been an Apple supporter since 1999. As for the iPhone? My friend has a Droid and every time we compare our phones, his is just WAY better in terms of features.

In addition the plans available for the droid are WAY cheaper.

It might nog look as pretty but I don't care anymore.

Goodbye Apple!
Austin

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Seems like a scam, usually I don't download updates if everything is fine...this update said it would fix glitches, sounds good hu?
More glitches than ever for all of us sensible people who don't run out and stand in line for the newest iPhone when this one worked JUST FINE, seems like a scam to get our phones slowed down so we rush like all the other idiots to get the newest (faster) phone. Bs

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Since: Dec 12

http://www.studentshelp.info

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

i like the update
GutsySpice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

"SUCKS" is right!! I've wasted SO much time going the wrong way because of maps and the "select" dysfunction makes me use more profanity than I'd like!! I Absolutely HATE the upgrade!! Been a family girl for the last 6 years and now ....I'm SERIOUSLY considering Android!!
Chris

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Yup, the update is horrible, not saying that someday it might be better than its predecessor but I'm it's current form, Garbage.
scott

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Upgrade messed up my phone, seriously these idiots keep making things worse. Hate this phone time to replace it with something else. IPhone is an overpriced, overrated piece of garbage.
Good bye iPhone

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Since Steve Job die apple is going down they are doing all kind of bad changes on the iPhone software , my Iphone now looks like another freaking phone with this update, I don't like it!!!!!!!
A DROID LOOKS BETTER THAT THIS... PERIOD!
meee

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

it sucks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

573 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min curiouslu 715,816
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 529,607
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Buck Crick 223,008
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 93,112
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min waaasssuuup 598,703
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Charlie Sheen 255,505
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Strength and Honor 171,383
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min Gray 114,518
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr blueberry 57
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••