Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Amy

United States

#3796 Jan 15, 2013
Arkansaw wrote:
<quoted text>I remember seeing the trucks pulling stock trailers full of deer from Michigan back in the 50s. The Arkansas Game and Fish web site said that in the 1920s the estimated deer population state wide was about 500. Re-population consist of bringing deer from other states, bag limits, control of hunting seasons and hunter education to name a few.
I think Arkansas is ranked #5 as a state where you are most likely to collide with a deer, ranked behind #4 Iowa,#3 Pennsylvania,#2 Michigan and #1, West Virginia.
Yes thanks for posting!
guest 1111

United States

#3797 Jan 15, 2013
What do you think about gun rights?
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#3798 Jan 15, 2013
guest 1111 wrote:
What do you think about gun rights?
I think it's a constitutional right! When they outlaw guns, I will become an outlaw.

Oklahoma City, OK

#3799 Jan 15, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a constitutional right! When they outlaw guns, I will become an outlaw.
I agree with Amy and I anxiously await POTUS on his over the top restrictions.
I hope he is impeached for messing with the 2nd Amendment. It is in place to protect us from the likes of him with his "I can pass what I wish" mentality.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#3801 Jan 16, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with Amy and I anxiously await POTUS on his over the top restrictions.
I hope he is impeached for messing with the 2nd Amendment. It is in place to protect us from the likes of him with his "I can pass what I wish" mentality.
Shame on We the People for letting him get as far as he has in his tearing down of the Constitution. Shame on Congress for letting it happen.

When any politician raises his/her right hand and takes an oath, it should mean something. The minute they break that oath, they should be ousted.

AND, If the republicans in Congress would start acting like conservatives and quit compromising with libs and acting like them, they might start winning elections!
Farm Girl

Earle, AR

#3802 Jan 16, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution allows you to own and use any weapon made during or before 1781. No mention of magazines or semi-autos, no mention of grenade launchers or weapons that could have ended the Am Rev after 1 day by just two British soldiers ... no mention of anything at all like that in the Constitution. Of course, the 2nd Amendment is not clear at all, though strict "originalists" for some reason ignore the fact that the 2nd Amendment was based on lived experience with weapons that were able to injure but which rarely killed anyone. Most died from infections caused by gun shot wounds. Most shooters, if the "weapons" didn't blow up in their hands, were lucky to hit a barn from 30'

Buy one of those fine defensive weapons ... enjoy yourself. The Amendment was written at a time when weaponry was loud and puffy but rarely lethal; it's a stretch that it would have been written to include, had anyone known of such things, weapons that can kill 50-100 people in 60 seconds. What kind of Constitution would that be if an Amendment were based on the happy knowledge that killing to that degree is a right of citizenry?

SE Michigan

#3804 Jan 16, 2013
Farm Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution allows you to own and use any weapon made during or before 1781. No mention of magazines or semi-autos, no mention of grenade launchers or weapons that could have ended the Am Rev after 1 day by just two British soldiers ... no mention of anything at all like that in the Constitution. Of course, the 2nd Amendment is not clear at all, though strict "originalists" for some reason ignore the fact that the 2nd Amendment was based on lived experience with weapons that were able to injure but which rarely killed anyone. Most died from infections caused by gun shot wounds. Most shooters, if the "weapons" didn't blow up in their hands, were lucky to hit a barn from 30'
Buy one of those fine defensive weapons ... enjoy yourself. The Amendment was written at a time when weaponry was loud and puffy but rarely lethal; it's a stretch that it would have been written to include, had anyone known of such things, weapons that can kill 50-100 people in 60 seconds. What kind of Constitution would that be if an Amendment were based on the happy knowledge that killing to that degree is a right of citizenry?
Your interpretation of the second amendment is twisted.
And your knowledge of history is little.

Tell me something; if they made a law today that said nobody can watch tv, would that mean only the shows that are on now?
No, it wouldn't. It would mean tv....period...all shows now and in the future.

Shall not be infringed........ means just that.

And another thing, our founders didn't win a revolution and create the most freedom and prosperity ever known to man by having guns that didn't work or by having limits on magazines and background checks.

Lest I forget to correct you on this too:
"weapons that can kill 50-100 people in 60 seconds."
Weapons do not work at all unless a human makes them work. Deal with the real problem...criminals..... not guns.
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#3805 Jan 16, 2013
Farm Girl wrote:
<quoted text>The Constitution allows you to own and use any weapon made during or before 1781. No mention of magazines or semi-autos, no mention of grenade launchers or weapons that could have ended the Am Rev after 1 day by just two British soldiers ... no mention of anything at all like that in the Constitution. Of course, the 2nd Amendment is not clear at all, though strict "originalists" for some reason ignore the fact that the 2nd Amendment was based on lived experience with weapons that were able to injure but which rarely killed anyone. Most died from infections caused by gun shot wounds. Most shooters, if the "weapons" didn't blow up in their hands, were lucky to hit a barn from 30'

The "Puckle gun" predates the constitution, it was a machine gun created in 1718. To think that Thomas Jefferson (a gun collector) didn't know this is ignorant. Or any of the other founding fathers for that matter. I may or may not buy one but under the constitution of the United States, that's my right & it should not be infringed upon. Did you know that the worst school shooting in history happened in Michigan in 1927. The bath school disaster & the weapon was a dynamite bomb. Google it.
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#3806 Jan 16, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>Your interpretation of the second amendment is twisted.
And your knowledge of history is little.

Tell me something; if they made a law today that said nobody can watch tv, would that mean only the shows that are on now?
No, it wouldn't. It would mean tv....period...all shows now and in the future.

Shall not be infringed........ means just that.

And another thing, our founders didn't win a revolution and create the most freedom and prosperity ever known to man by having guns that didn't work or by having limits on magazines and background checks.

Lest I forget to correct you on this too:
"weapons that can kill 50-100 people in 60 seconds."
Weapons do not work at all unless a human makes them work. Deal with the real problem...criminals..... not guns.
This we FINALLY agree.:)
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#3807 Jan 16, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>The "Puckle gun" predates the constitution, it was a machine gun created in 1718. To think that Thomas Jefferson (a gun collector) didn't know this is ignorant. Or any of the other founding fathers for that matter. I may or may not buy one but under the constitution of the United States, that's my right & it should not be infringed upon. Did you know that the worst school shooting in history happened in Michigan in 1927. The bath school disaster & the weapon was a dynamite bomb. Google it.
School shooting should say school massacre as no assault rifle was used. My bad but you get the point.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#3808 Jan 16, 2013
Farm Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying the the First Amendment to the Constitution gives you freedom of speech only if you use the media that was available before 1781. No radio, no TV, no phones and Lordy Mercy, no internet. Bullshit. You are full of it.
gun_ totin betty

Conway, AR

#3809 Jan 16, 2013
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying the the First Amendment to the Constitution gives you freedom of speech only if you use the media that was available before 1781. No radio, no TV, no phones and Lordy Mercy, no internet. Bullshit. You are full of it.
this is true!

SE Michigan

#3810 Jan 16, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Puckle gun" predates the constitution, it was a machine gun created in 1718. To think that Thomas Jefferson (a gun collector) didn't know this is ignorant. Or any of the other founding fathers for that matter. I may or may not buy one but under the constitution of the United States, that's my right & it should not be infringed upon. Did you know that the worst school shooting in history happened in Michigan in 1927. The bath school disaster & the weapon was a dynamite bomb. Google it.
Isn't it ironic that people are more afraid of being shot in a gun-free school, than at a gun show?

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
Richard Henry Lee
American Statesman, 1788

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
Third President of the United States

SE Michigan

#3811 Jan 16, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
This we FINALLY agree.:)
:)
I suspect we agree on more things than not.
I just happen to like animals.

SE Michigan

#3812 Jan 16, 2013
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point!

Oklahoma City, OK

#3813 Jan 16, 2013
Now your doctor will ask you if you hunt!!! Who could have made this up? Your doctor questioning if you are a gun owner and what kind you own.
Thank you Obama.
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#3814 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>Isn't it ironic that people are more afraid of being shot in a gun-free school, than at a gun show?

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
Richard Henry Lee
American Statesman, 1788

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
Third President of the United States
Yes ma'am! I'm not opposed at all to all schools having resource officers &/or security. My daughters does. We can't prevent crazy ppl from existing. But taking the guns isn't the answer. They will just find another way to massacre. Taking guns only disarms the innocent.

SE Michigan

#3815 Jan 16, 2013
Guest wrote:
Now your doctor will ask you if you hunt!!! Who could have made this up? Your doctor questioning if you are a gun owner and what kind you own.
Thank you Obama.
This is no lie; during my last doctor visit, I told her hot flashes were waking me up at night and I was having a hard time falling back asleep because I'd lay there and think about "bad things." The word I should have used was "negative" things, but I felt like she was rushed and I was trying to talk too fast and couldn't think straight.

By negative things, I meant stuff like finances, work, the passing of my dog, news stories, etc....She asked me questions like, "What kind of bad thoughts do you have? When I didn't want to tell her any of my personal business, she told me I was holding something back.

Then she asked me if I felt like I wanted to hurt myself or someone else!! All the while, she was typing stuff in her computer....no more paper notepads like doctors used to use.

By the time I left her office, I was fuming at what she may have been implying AND recording into the government database! I am perfectly normal and sane.(Believe it, I am.)

I can't wait until she starts menopause! Until then, she will never understand the sleepless nights and the hormonal changes. It's effing miserable!

SE Michigan

#3816 Jan 16, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ma'am! I'm not opposed at all to all schools having resource officers &/or security. My daughters does. We can't prevent crazy ppl from existing. But taking the guns isn't the answer. They will just find another way to massacre. Taking guns only disarms the innocent.
Every able-bodied adult who works at the school, IF they want to exercise their right to bear arms, should be able to. Their lives, and the lives of the kids, are worth defending no matter where they are!

I remember a time when guns in schools were not an issue. They were allowed and there were no shootings back then. No accidents in the classroom either.
justiceforrex

Houston, TX

#3817 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I remember a time when guns in schools were not an issue. They were allowed and there were no shootings back then. No accidents in the classroom either.
Back this statement up. Provide legitimate dates, schools, and circumstances where there were guns in schools and it was NOT an issue. There have plenty of school shootings over the years. If there was not one in your school during the period in time you went to that school, then that is a good thing. However, it is blanket statement and you need to back it up. Blanket statements like that are hard to back up. How do you know it was NOT an issue? Weren't you a child? Were you that aware of current events and controversies in your town as a child? Amazing if that is true, but I doubt it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 2 min Ms Sassy 18,137
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Calvin_Coolish 190,295
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min The WB 69,903
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 20 min Stupid Obama Bitches 102,174
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 39 min bacon hater 80,129
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 14 hr CorruptionKiller 35
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 hr Big bad john 19,887
More from around the web