Elections in Mayfield
Opinionated in Graves Co

Marion, KY

#1 Nov 4, 2010
OK is there anybody out there that wants to talk about the elections on Tuesday?
Come on Mayfield, what in the@#%$ were you thinking, do not get me wrong I like Teresa Cantrell as much as the next person, but that does not mean that she is qualified to be the Mayor, granted we are not a big town to manage but by no means does being the Mayor's Administrative Assistant qualify her to run a town. Maybe we did need a change, but I don't think she is ready for this, hope she is not in over her head!!!!!!! Now on to the city council Joke Joke Joke
is everybody not tired of the same old thing, it is almost sickening and then you go and add 3 more dumb @#$@# to the bunch you have Wayne Potts, who when asked the question what would he do to bring more jobs to Mayfield and his response was cut down on the number of city council members, well if that is the case then why the hell did you run that would have cut down on one, then you have Jana Adams Bennett I hope I got the name right! that's probably the only thing she can get get right, talk about a airhead, should have been blonde!!!! then on to the last new on Jonathan Stinson, WOW what can I say you really know how to pick them Mr I got someone pregnant in school and did not want the responsibility, then later on decides he want's to be a daddy so he decides to raise and be a daddy now. When they asked him what he would do to bring jobs to Mayfield he just kind of stuttered around the whole question, as a matter of fact they all did come to think of it even those who supposedly have called themselves city council members for the last five to eight years for most of them. You really know how to pick them, Johnny Jackson who every and I do mean everybody talks about how dumb he is but they keep electing him,so how dumb does that make you!!! Phil Myers, who wants people to think that he is interested in the best interest of Mayfield and lowering taxes for the citizens of Mayfield that was just a tactic to get him some votes on election day, what a suck@## or should I say what a bunch of suck a@#@# THE WHOLE BUNCH!!! And probably the only one who acted like he had some sense did not get re-elected go figure that!!!!! All I can say is GOOD LUCK MRS MAYOR YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT WITH THAT LOT THAT YOU SAID YOU WERE EXCITED TO GET TO WORK WITH!!!!!!
KyStud

White House, TN

#2 Nov 5, 2010
I've known Teresa Cantrell for many, many years and she is a fine, upstanding lady. She is educated and has been doing Aurther Byrns job for the last ten years, so I feel she is MORE than qualified to be Mayor of Mayfield. Give her a chance before you go blasting her. At least she didn't lie to her opponent like he did to her!

Since: May 10

Murray, KY

#3 Nov 5, 2010
KyStud wrote:
I've known Teresa Cantrell for many, many years and she is a fine, upstanding lady. She is educated and has been doing Aurther Byrns job for the last ten years, so I feel she is MORE than qualified to be Mayor of Mayfield. Give her a chance before you go blasting her. At least she didn't lie to her opponent like he did to her!
There was no question in my mind about who would get my vote for those very reasons.
I figured she'd (mostly) been doing his job anyway.
People are allowed to change their mind, which he obviously did after she decided to run, but it still looked suspicious.
I can't give much credit to hearsay, but lots of people talked about how he treated her after she made her announcement and then after she actually won.
All I can say is I do not personally know her but she's been the perfect example of a lady all of this time, acting with grace, professionalism, and class. I am proud that a woman is filling that slot and I am looking forward to seeing what she will be able to do for Mayfield.
People should give her a chance, and, also important, is to give her TIME! Nothing happens overnight.
Mayfield Voter

Murray, KY

#4 Nov 5, 2010
Some of the city council members are going to be in for a real shock when Teresa takes over. She is going to expect all of them to participate and work. I doubt there will be many of those less than one hour council meetings. Some on that council have had it good by only working a few hours a month and receiving over $400 per month.
I hope she does get some of the slackers motivated.
They have had it easy for years.
Opinionated in Graves Co

Marion, KY

#5 Nov 9, 2010
Why do people keep saying that Arthur Byrn lied on her, what did he lie on her about? If you want to get down to it she has been dishonest from the beginning, how loyal do you think it is to go behind you bosses back and decide to run against him, I do not care if he did say that he was not going to run, it is dishonest,disloyal and the wrong way to go about the whole thing,and I still do not see how you and everyone else that voted for her do not see this as dishonest, and if she was dishonest with him what is she going to do when she takes office is she going to be honest with the city of Mayfield? Wake up people if I hear one more time that she is going to make the city of Mayfield beautiful I am going to scream!!!! what the hell has that got to do with bringing jobs to Mayfield, I have not heard one thing positive she is going to do, what exactly was her platform during this campaign? It's time for a change,a change from what if she has been doing his job for the last several years,then I guess she is to blame for everything that all those who voted for her were tired of. Get real people you can't talk about how bad a job he has done,and then say that she has been doing his job,if this is so then by your standards she has not been doing a very good job has she? Which is it? You made your choice now sit back and enjoy it!!!! Let's see how long is takes Mayfield to go to @#$@!!!!
wow

Central City, KY

#6 Nov 10, 2010
WOW!! "opinionated in Graves county" you hit the nail right on the head!!! Finally someone else sees exactly what i've been thinking! Excellant!
KyStud

Port Orange, FL

#7 Dec 11, 2010
Opinionated in Graves Co wrote:
Why do people keep saying that Arthur Byrn lied on her, what did he lie on her about? If you want to get down to it she has been dishonest from the beginning, how loyal do you think it is to go behind you bosses back and decide to run against him, I do not care if he did say that he was not going to run, it is dishonest,disloyal and the wrong way to go about the whole thing,and I still do not see how you and everyone else that voted for her do not see this as dishonest, and if she was dishonest with him what is she going to do when she takes office is she going to be honest with the city of Mayfield? Wake up people if I hear one more time that she is going to make the city of Mayfield beautiful I am going to scream!!!! what the hell has that got to do with bringing jobs to Mayfield, I have not heard one thing positive she is going to do, what exactly was her platform during this campaign? It's time for a change,a change from what if she has been doing his job for the last several years,then I guess she is to blame for everything that all those who voted for her were tired of. Get real people you can't talk about how bad a job he has done,and then say that she has been doing his job,if this is so then by your standards she has not been doing a very good job has she? Which is it? You made your choice now sit back and enjoy it!!!! Let's see how long is takes Mayfield to go to @#$@!!!!
As I stated before, I've known Ms. Cantrell for a very long time (since she was a teen) and can say nothing but good about her. As for her going behind Aurthur's back, it didn't happen that way at all. Aurthur had a job offer and Ms. Cantrell sat and discussed her desire to run for Mayor with him BEFORE she filed her paperwork. Aurthur assured her that HE would not seek re-election because he was sure that he would be hired for the other job. When he DID NOT get the other job then he became the liar an filed his paperwork to run for re-election. Get your facts straight BEFORE you make a arse out of yourself on a public forum by saying that she went behind his back, when you don't know $%^& about what you're talking about.
Clean Up Mayfield

United States

#8 Oct 11, 2017
It is time for a new mayor!
Gummy Bear

United States

#9 Oct 11, 2017
Yes, I do believe so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) 7 hr Farts on me 38
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Chilli J 110,453
Election Who are you voting for in the Illinois Governor... (Oct '14) 23 hr Not a pothead 43
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Texas's 23r... (Nov '14) Sep 15 Hols 48
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Real man 105,250
Election Who are you voting for in the California Govern... (Oct '14) Sep 14 HemetBeast 33
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Pennsylvani... (Dec '14) Sep 12 DOWN WITH DOYLE 6