Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 2,186)

Showing posts 43,701 - 43,720 of51,109
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47662
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a university that offers a doctorate in "climatology" or any organization that certifies "climatologists", other than TV stations for the 11 PM news.
So you tune into the 11pm news to get the 5-day climate forecast, do you?

LOL! If you don't even know the difference between climate and weather, it's no wonder you believe there's legitimate scientific controversy regarding man-made global warming - you are embarrassingly uninformed/misinformed about climate and climate change.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47663
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Reader wrote:
Whats with this Marisa obsession that a few posters have here? Dan the Man and Bobby seem to think every unknown poster that comes here is Marisa.
You are very confused. I haven't posted anything about Marisa since November.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47664
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a "3 strikes and you're out" policy when it comes to coastal/flood plains? House destroyed the third time, no more national bailout insurance on your beachfront property.
This would pit the climate change deniers money where their mouths are. In a free market, they now get to take all the risks vs. the reward with no government safety net as no private insurance company would play.
But realistically, the scamming insurance would. They'd just declare bankruptcy when it comes to paying out after boodles of bonuses were paid to the executives. Then place blame on the government.
"Privatize the profits, Socialize the losses" is the name of the game now.
At some point, the costs for ignoring climate change will reach the point that conservatives won't be able to ignore them anymore. Unfortunately, by then, it may well be too late and we'll have both the costs of mitigating against future warming AND the costs of the warming that's already occurred.

Typical rightwing short-sightedness - prioritizing short-term reward over long-term costs. Just like always.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47669
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
What if there is a break even point?
Say the tax revenues from the owners of prime real estate of coastal Florida or NC outer banks development yields a tiny return. Keep insuring them at a cost to everyone else?
What about New Orleans? From what I see, that city is doomed to submersion. The aftermath of Katrina was a prime time to relocate it a few miles to higher ground.
Your analysis fails because real estate taxes benefit only local government, while disaster aid comes from federal taxpayers.

Low-lying areas of New Orleans should be abandoned to nature.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47670
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you honestly claiming that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate?
Are you actually claiming that there are not professional experts in the earth's climate?
Come on now - be serious.
Name a university that offers a doctorate in "climatology" or any organization that certifies "climatologists", other than TV stations for the 11 PM news.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47671
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
So you tune into the 11pm news to get the 5-day climate forecast, do you?
LOL! If you don't even know the difference between climate and weather, it's no wonder you believe there's legitimate scientific controversy regarding man-made global warming - you are embarrassingly uninformed/misinformed about climate and climate change.
Many scientists believe that the level of solar activity has far greater effect on our climate than does the activities of man.

"Man-made climate change" is a political movement to restrict growth, not a scientific fact.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47674
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a university that offers a doctorate in "climatology" or any organization that certifies "climatologists", other than TV stations for the 11 PM news.
LOL! I see you're avoiding my question by asking irrelevant questions.

Tell you what - I'll answer yours then you answer mine. I'll even go first...

5 universities that offer PhD degrees in climatology:
George Mason University,
University of Delaware,
University of South Florida,
Ohio State,
Utah State,
University of Miami

So - are you seriously suggesting that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47675
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many scientists believe that the level of solar activity has far greater effect on our climate than does the activities of man.
"Man-made climate change" is a political movement to restrict growth, not a scientific fact.
Then they are in a tiny minority. Something like 99% of climate scientists agree that climate change is real and is caused by the activities of man.

Man-made climate change is evidence-based science.

Skepticism of it is politically motivated and based on an ideology and not evidence.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47679
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I see you're avoiding my question by asking irrelevant questions.
Tell you what - I'll answer yours then you answer mine. I'll even go first...
5 universities that offer PhD degrees in climatology:
George Mason University,
University of Delaware,
University of South Florida,
Ohio State,
Utah State,
University of Miami
So - are you seriously suggesting that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate?
The Ohio State University does not list a graduate program in "Climatology."

The others are insignificant schools not worth the effort of checking.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47681
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ohio State University does not list a graduate program in "Climatology."
The others are insignificant schools not worth the effort of checking.
You asked for one and I gave you six. Now you want to change the terms of your request.

This is what a person does who can't defend his argument with evidence.

BTW - why haven't you answered my questions? You demand that I answer yours, so I did. Why won't you show me the same courtesy?

Since: Feb 13

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47685
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
youre a douche bag son
Thank you for the compliment. You could have trolled and made fun of my many typo's but you went the easy route and pulled out a saying that was full of wits and never used in regards of being left speechless on some fact and trust. i can leave another ramble with resources and links that will contain full facts and data of all i spoke about. would you like to see that, or is a douche bag unable of doing such a thing? I mean I just lost my job friday to a corporation who's Union Contract is coming up in May. Being a new Employee and only one paycheck away from getting into this companies union with my paycheck dues, I was fired, and you know why? Because I have a very clean understanding of Labor Laws and Civil rights, and I pointed that out to those working for 10-15-20 years at this company talking about how every contract comes and goes and nothing gets done, and well it was sad i had to point out they were fighting for already state given rights and given up on the same. It does not pay to be informed in this society. Either you can balk and be told the truth and instead of debate it and say your wrong,or say but do you also know? and shed some light on your views and facts, or etc, you have a simple reply yor a douche bag. well if being a douche bag comes with not being a following hypocrite that has no problem taking heat when he is wrong, but has no problem backing up the facts he speaks on, if that=a douche bag, well a proud douche bag I am.
Gringo

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47691
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Government disaster relief should not be eligible for use to rebuild in a flood plain.
WOW....you're really deep.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47697
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for one and I gave you six. Now you want to change the terms of your request.
This is what a person does who can't defend his argument with evidence.
BTW - why haven't you answered my questions? You demand that I answer yours, so I did. Why won't you show me the same courtesy?
The University of Delaware does not award a Ph.D. in "Climatology."

Find one that does and provide a link.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47698
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The University of Delaware does not award a Ph.D. in "Climatology."
Find one that does and provide a link.
LOL! You asked for ONE and I gave you SIX. Now you're demanding a link. Jesus, grow up.

It's your turn. Answer my question and I'll give you links.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47699
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You asked for ONE and I gave you SIX. Now you're demanding a link. Jesus, grow up.
It's your turn. Answer my question and I'll give you links.
Already checked two of your six and found them to be inaccurate.

What is your question?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47702
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Already checked two of your six and found them to be inaccurate.
What is your question?
Are you claiming that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate? Are you claiming that there are not professional experts in the earth's climate?

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47704
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

That is what he is claiming. The fixed news network told him and Limbaugh backed it up so it must be true, huh?
Gringo

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47705
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate? Are you claiming that there are not professional experts in the earth's climate?
Dan, Dan whoaa

You forgot he's been using his Texas textbooks....

Hahahahhaahahhaa wow
Gringo

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47706
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The product that's produced in metric tons on any given day in our atmosphere from a unhooked oxygen atom from (CO) burning fossil fuels that hook up with the O2 (air) oxygen atom to produce the byproduct O3 molecule called ozone from basic chemistry

This ozone is really benefiting humans in O so many ways...this stuff makes us grow big and strong.

Those stupid "scientists" are attributing all kinds of evils from this wonderful dance of the molecules such as;

Cancer
Respiratory problems
Acid rain
Global warming
Severe weater

"These scientists better not mess with GOD's master plan or they're going to be stricken to eternal damnation from the Lord....giver of ozone himself."
Quote from the:
Texas Geographical Bible reader for 8th grade
Rubiks cube

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47707
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rep. Peter King, a New York Republican, is furious that Sen. Marco Rubio is hitting up New Yorkers for campaign cash after voting against federal funds to rebuild the region after superstorm Sandy ravaged the area.

In fact, King urged New Yorkers not to give money to any of his fellow Republicans who voted against the Sandy aid.

"Nobody on Wall Street, nobody in the financial services, nobody anywhere in New York should give a nickel to these guys," he told ABC News.

King's tirade is the latest spat to roil the Republican Party which is already torn over the issues of gay marriage and immigration reform. King's fury is aimed at one of the party's possible presidential candidates.

King says it's even worse than his other fellow Republicans who voted against the Sandy aid package because Rubio is from Florida, a state that has been ravaged by storms in the past and "has gotten billions and billions of dollars in hurricane aid," King said.

He said Rubio voted against the $50.4 billion in aid without talking to him or other leaders in the state like New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo or New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The storm slammed in to the region on Oct. 29.

Why do Republicans hate America?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 43,701 - 43,720 of51,109
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Search the Citizen Sound-Off Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min George 51,886
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min Pops 28,475
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 11 min jeb stuart 47,635
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min NTMD8OR 138,724
CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 11 min MDWATKINS 7,808
Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 18 min newpoly 1,830
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 29 min State of Florida 54,859
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••