Who do you support for County Judge /...
Dictionary-com

United States

#21 Oct 23, 2010
Quint Essential .......,I didn't know Harry Craycroft was Becky's uncle! Now your comment makes some sense. Harry Craycroft is the bus driver and Gerry Lynn is sitting on the front seat!!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#22 Oct 23, 2010
Dictionary-com wrote:
Quint Essential .......,I didn't know Harry Craycroft was Becky's uncle! Now your comment makes some sense. Harry Craycroft is the bus driver and Gerry Lynn is sitting on the front seat!!
Not Craycroft - LUSK - Harry Lee Lusk is her uncle. You need to become better informed.
Tired_of_the_BS

Brandenburg, KY

#23 Oct 23, 2010
Quint Essential wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you better look again. Nothing against Becky but her uncle drives the bus for the "Good Ol' Boys" Club.
Considering that Gerry is the one making money from the backroom no-bid deals with Solid Waste, a board he sits on, I'd say he's the one driving the "Good Ol' Boys" bus. And Theresa Padgett is sitting right behind him telling him which way to steer it. And that my friend is a fact. Do an open-records request at the court house for the Solid Waste department expenditures and see for yourself.
dictionary-com

Guston, KY

#24 Oct 23, 2010
Quint Essential wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Craycroft - LUSK - Harry Lee Lusk is her uncle. You need to become better informed.
Wow Quint Essential....Harry Lusk. Your right he is a "Good Ol' Boy", he and his family have done a lot of GOOD things for this county over the years. What has your "Good Ol' Boy" Gerry Lynn done?
Never ASSUME that someone isn't informed, you do know what ASSUMING does don't you?
Tired_of_the_BS

Brandenburg, KY

#25 Oct 23, 2010
dictionary-com wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Quint Essential....Harry Lusk. Your right he is a "Good Ol' Boy", he and his family have done a lot of GOOD things for this county over the years. What has your "Good Ol' Boy" Gerry Lynn done?
Never ASSUME that someone isn't informed, you do know what ASSUMING does don't you?
Let me answer that... he hasn't done ANYTHING! Well, except for pocketing taxpayer money.

I got to thinking, Gerry keeps bragging about being on the Industrial Authority, but honestly, what has that board accomplished since he's been on it??? Not much of anything. If Gerry has such great leadership ability with all these wonderful ideas for economic development (ideas he can't seem to elaborate on, BTW) doesn't it stand to reason that we would be witnessing some great accomplishments by now??? Heck, I'd settle for a couple of minor accomplishments at this point.

All Gerry has really accomplished, honestly, is he was able to convince Judge Craycroft to appoint him to some boards. Wow, now that is impressive. And Craycroft did that hoping he would pick up Republican support. And, it worked. Just look at how tight-knit Craycroft, Wardrip, and Goddard are... the Theresa Padgett Triplets.

All these things Gerry sells as "accomplishments" I consider FAILURES. If Gerry were really as great as he seems to think he is, he would have done something with these opportunities that would benefit Meade County instead of just lining his pockets with our tax dollars.
ken whitman

Princeton, IN

#26 Oct 23, 2010
Hes the best Hands Down
dictionary-com

Guston, KY

#27 Oct 23, 2010
ken whitman wrote:
Hes the best Hands Down
Yeah....HANDS DOWN in your/our pockets! To each their own.
Tired_of_the_BS

Brandenburg, KY

#28 Oct 23, 2010
ken whitman wrote:
Hes the best Hands Down
We all expect you to publicly support your uncle.
new meade county citizen

Shelbyville, KY

#29 Oct 24, 2010
Gerry came to my house campaigning and he is a very smart person. He has my vote.
American man

Irvington, KY

#30 Oct 24, 2010
Is it ty a few years ago? Just wondering
American man

Irvington, KY

#31 Oct 24, 2010
is it true that Gerry declared bankruptcy a few years ago?
new meade county citizen

Shelbyville, KY

#32 Oct 24, 2010
I don't know if he filed bankruptcy, but like many that live in Meade County, their are no jobs here and it takes a paycheck to put gas in the auto to drive back and forth to work. The only ones who have the good jobs are the Democrat.I am sure many people in this county has files or are on welfare just to feed the kids. We will never get jobs here with the Democrat being in control.
Let's get to the main source of why poeple in Meade County are so broke.
beckyfan

Vine Grove, KY

#33 Oct 24, 2010
Becky will serve ALL the people of MC not just a select few.
Not New Citizen of Meade

Henderson, KY

#34 Oct 24, 2010
While I understand whether Mr. Lynn filed bankruptcy or not(which I highly doubt, given the amount of money he brings in from his various affiliations)would be of interest because it would indicate a lack of fiscal responsibility and poor management skill, I have no personal knowledge of such matter.

What I do have personal knowledge of is the dedication with which Becky Flaherty has attempted to reach the doors of and speak with(not at) the citizens of Meade County. ALL of Meade County. If she has not made it to you, New Citizen, or you did not receive her message in the same light, I find that sad, but you are entitled to your own opinion and I will certainly respect it.

I do know both of these candidates. I have spoken to both of them. I want sincerity and hard work from the leadership of this county. I want no more backroom deals. We have had Gerry in an elected role before in this county. His record is listed above. His existence, I purposefully say existence because it is not really an active role, on local boards is a matter of public record.

Becky Flaherty is my choice for a reason. Honesty. Integrity. Hardworking. I have been in Meade County long enough to remember when these were things we not only expected, but demanded from our leaders!
cathybenefield

White Plains, KY

#35 Oct 24, 2010
wow girl,,, you gonna win...be prepared...
CB for BF

White Plains, KY

#36 Oct 24, 2010
Becky is for the county, I have never known her to be for herself, she is not a selfish person. She is no fool either, she looks at all angles and does the next best thing. I do hope this county wakes up and elects her for Judge.
Lynn just wants to be in the limelight, first Frankfort not the County, what does he really stand for, besides himself.
CB for BF

White Plains, KY

#37 Oct 24, 2010
new meade county citizen wrote:
Gerry came to my house campaigning and he is a very smart person. He has my vote.
Is he smart or is he slick ? After all He has been to Frankfort and learned how to play the game. A lot of slick teachers there. Just sayin......
Tired_of_the_BS

Brandenburg, KY

#38 Oct 25, 2010
Another thing to consider about Gerry is who signed his papers to file to run. One of them owes Meade County around $27,000.00 in unpaid property taxes (public record-check for yourself). I don't know about anyone else, but that fact alone raises serious questions about Gerry's concept of "lawful behavior" and the "advisors" he surrounds himself with. Do we really want people who have no problem taking from the county but can't seem to muster the fortitude to pay their debts calling the shots in Meade County? No, I didn't think so.
Tired_of_the_BS

Brandenburg, KY

#39 Oct 25, 2010
I don't know if he filed bankruptcy, but like many that live in Meade County, their are no jobs here and it takes a paycheck to put gas in the auto to drive back and forth to work. The only ones who have the good jobs are the Democrat.I am sure many people in this county has files or are on welfare just to feed the kids. We will never get jobs here with the Democrat being in control.
Let's get to the main source of why poeple in Meade County are so broke.
So what is Mr. Lynn's plan for economic development? I have yet to hear a single concrete proposal come from his camp. Not one. Why is that? Probably because he doesn't really have any. If he did, wouldn't he have brought them up at the Industrial Authority meetings? I mean, if he really is in this for the benefit of the county.
Tired_of_the_BS

Brandenburg, KY

#40 Oct 25, 2010
If by "smart" you mean that he's capable of figuring out what you WANT to hear and then spoon-feed it back to you, sure, he's good at doing that.

But, if by smart you mean he's able to objectively identify a problem, find the best solution, and then implement that solution in a political context, then I respectfully disagree. I've seen no evidence to support your claim.

Politically, he hasn't been a leader, he's been a crumb-snatcher; one that picks up the crumbs others leave behind. And he doesn't have any contacts left in Frankfort for anyone to leave him any.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 min WhoaBuddy 80,887
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 7 min TRUMPOCALYPSE 104,839
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 10 min Stray- Dog 81,181
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 25 min bacon hater 90,462
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Abe 228,796
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 6 hr Juan Carlos 83,870
Election Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 18 hr KS2CO 6,122
More from around the web