Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#97805 Apr 3, 2014
RMS_Obamacare wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I can't compare the sinking of the Titanic to Obamacare. The Titanic's Captain went down with his ship. Obama, he'll be trowing everyone overboard to lighten the ship so he can keep his own feet dry! What a maroon!
ROFL! Faux "British" intellectual! Ah, hahahahaha!

"trowing" ... "maroon" ... Ah, hahahahahahaha!

Of course, you CAN compare the sinking of the Titanic to Obamacare. It is a silly useless comparison, but YOU CAN DO IT, "maroon"!

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#97806 Apr 3, 2014
Dr_Strangelove wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you start answering questions that were never intended for you? Never thought I'd catch a dumb fish on an empty hook but you have proven me wrong. Oh well, reel'em in and clean 'em.
Yeah. More silly sayings.

You ask a question, and get an answer. THEN, you throw a barrage of questions, based upon an obviously true answer. Why were you unable to ask the barrage of questions FIRST?

"Dr_Strangelove" is an apt name for you -- you are really WEIRD!

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#97807 Apr 3, 2014
Dr_Strangelove wrote:
<quoted text>
You're paying attention to me now....so...
Like the rest of the gang, I'm adding my two cents to the pot so that anyone outside of this little circle you have going here will have another view point to consider. Does that bother you? Uncivilized? Really??? I've done nothing more than anyone else on here.
Oh, but you have introduced the RMS (Royal Mail Ship) Titanic! Such a contribution!

Two cents pretty well covers it.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#97808 Apr 3, 2014
RMS_Obamacare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up Chilli. I never said I was for or against anyone specific. I don't like the way either side is playing the middle class or the poor. But since we only have two parties, I've got to go with one of them. Not a lot of choices there.
And when you say the Republicans are the party of the 1%,...1% of what? Check the demographics...your story doesn't hold water. Get a clue as to what is really going on, please.
http://www.usatoday.com/interactives/news/pol...
If you're the Poplar Bluff poster who's been here for a while, you're in denial. You're clearly a CON and, while I understand why you'd try to pretend that you're not one, your prior posts, links, etc., have repeatedly confirmed your hard lean to the right. Don't be shy, you're a CON fan, so don't deny it, brag about it. If you don't know what the 1% is, do some research, dude! I know what's going on. Why don't you? If you're going to continue to vote, educate yourself, will ya?
freedom of speech

Rogersville, MO

#97809 Apr 3, 2014
Yellow Belly Demonrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well its not the liberal Demonrats!
If you still haven't enrolled in Obamacare, you might have to pay a penalty called the individual shared responsibility payment, which is 1 percent of your salary. Most Americans say, Good thing I don't have a job.
Since you replied to a woman, here is a truthful response.

Yeah, get with the crusty old white repubs. Just keep in mind you can't have a sex life, cause that makes you a slut. You will have to walk around with an aspirin between your knees. Contraceptives? That makes you a whore. If you get raped, you can't get pregnant, one of them told me so. You WILL work for .70 cents for every dollar a man makes, cause hey, your only function in this world is to churn out white babies and having a career makes you a shrew.

So to sum up, if you have sex (even once a year) without marriage to a big powerful man to make your decisions, you are ruined, just like in the extremist muslim world. You can't even use contraceptives even for health reason, cause that automatically makes you a whore. You will never make as much money as a man, cause you are to flighty and well.. booby to make real decisions.

Check out the Duggars. Their women get to learn music, art, stitching, sewing, etc... Science? Not appropriate for a woman. Math? Only enough so she can stay under budget for her shopping trips. Handle your own money? Nah, a guy named Jim Bob will do it for you. Cause you are too stupid as a women to hold big numbers in your head. Work on your swing technique though, cause you certainly won't pick your husband. Jim Bob will do that too.(better get to work on those white babies)

Do you get how ridiculous you are now?

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#97810 Apr 3, 2014
RMS_Obamacare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up Chilli. I never said I was for or against anyone specific. I don't like the way either side is playing the middle class or the poor. But since we only have two parties, I've got to go with one of them. Not a lot of choices there.
And when you say the Republicans are the party of the 1%,...1% of what? Check the demographics...your story doesn't hold water. Get a clue as to what is really going on, please.
http://www.usatoday.com/interactives/news/pol...
(I will wait for Chilli to straighten you out on the 1%.)

Your own link shows that 53.9% of the votes cast by people making OVER $100,000 was for the Republican Party.

(And ... we only have TWO parties? That will come as quite a surprise to the America's Party / American Independent Party, American Third Position Party, Constitution Party, Green Party, Justice Party, Libertarian Party, Objectivist Party, Party of Socialism and Liberation, Peace and Freedom Party, Prohibition Party, Reform Party USA, Socialist Party USA / Liberty Union Party, Socialist Equality Party, and the Socialist Workers Party.)

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#97811 Apr 3, 2014
"WE THE BILLIONAIRE KINGS OF AMERICA

In its decision in McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission, five members of the Supreme Court have taken pity on Shaun McCutcheon and the 650 other Americans who can only buy up to $123,200 in politicians. When you truly believe in the principle of "one dollar, one vote," as these five guys in black robes do, you want to make sure to overrule any restrictions made by the Representatives of the People in Congress chosen by that old quaint notion of "one person, one vote." This way the Five can insure that the Koch Brothers are literally millions of times more important than ordinary Americans.

There was a time when Americans revolted against the idea of kings, dukes, and earls using their vast inherited wealth to control our destiny. We actually fought a revolution in the name of all men being created equal. And, in time, that notion came to include all men and women, even descendants of former slaves.

Five men in robes have now, in the biting dissent of Justice Stephen Breyer, made up their own facts, misconstrued the law, undermined "the political integrity of our government institutions" and "create[d] a loophole that will allow a single individual to contribute millions of dollars." This not only "eviscerates our Nation's campaign finance laws"; it leaves us "incapable of dealing with grave problems of democratic legitimacy that those laws were intended to resolve."

Once five people in black robes overruled We the People in 2000, throwing away our votes to install their president in place of the one we (and most Floridians) wanted, I suppose it is no great further step to simply end "democratic legitimacy" altogether and allow billionaires to buy the politicians they want.

But the Supreme Court should revise the Preamble of the Constitution to reflect the reality they have declared today. "We the People" should be replaced by "We, Sheldon Adelson, Charles Koch and David Koch, the Billionaire Kings of America."

Sadly while I support a constitutional amendment to overturn both McCutcheon and Citizens' United, I'm under no delusion that we will get two-thirds of both Houses of Congress, including a fair number of Republicans, to prefer "one person, one vote" over "one dollar, one vote." The only possible solution to preserve our Republic is to keep electing Democratic presidents - and to elect them beyond the margin of the Supreme Court's plausible ability to steal an election - until one day the Tyranny of the Five ends.

And on that day, when a Democratic president nominates and the Senate confirms a justice on the Supreme Court who actually respects the Constitution she or he is sworn to uphold, we can once again have Government of the People, by the People, and for the People.

Until then, let us hope the Adelson/Koch/ALEC Regime is not too cruel to those of who still believe that ordinary people should have a voice in who represents us."

Mark Levine
freedom of speech

Rogersville, MO

#97812 Apr 3, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
"WE THE BILLIONAIRE KINGS OF AMERICA
In its decision in McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission, five members of the Supreme Court have taken pity on Shaun McCutcheon and the 650 other Americans who can only buy up to $123,200 in politicians. When you truly believe in the principle of "one dollar, one vote," as these five guys in black robes do, you want to make sure to overrule any restrictions made by the Representatives of the People in Congress chosen by that old quaint notion of "one person, one vote." This way the Five can insure that the Koch Brothers are literally millions of times more important than ordinary Americans.
There was a time when Americans revolted against the idea of kings, dukes, and earls using their vast inherited wealth to control our destiny. We actually fought a revolution in the name of all men being created equal. And, in time, that notion came to include all men and women, even descendants of former slaves.
Five men in robes have now, in the biting dissent of Justice Stephen Breyer, made up their own facts, misconstrued the law, undermined "the political integrity of our government institutions" and "create[d] a loophole that will allow a single individual to contribute millions of dollars." This not only "eviscerates our Nation's campaign finance laws"; it leaves us "incapable of dealing with grave problems of democratic legitimacy that those laws were intended to resolve."
Once five people in black robes overruled We the People in 2000, throwing away our votes to install their president in place of the one we (and most Floridians) wanted, I suppose it is no great further step to simply end "democratic legitimacy" altogether and allow billionaires to buy the politicians they want.
But the Supreme Court should revise the Preamble of the Constitution to reflect the reality they have declared today. "We the People" should be replaced by "We, Sheldon Adelson, Charles Koch and David Koch, the Billionaire Kings of America."
Sadly while I support a constitutional amendment to overturn both McCutcheon and Citizens' United, I'm under no delusion that we will get two-thirds of both Houses of Congress, including a fair number of Republicans, to prefer "one person, one vote" over "one dollar, one vote." The only possible solution to preserve our Republic is to keep electing Democratic presidents - and to elect them beyond the margin of the Supreme Court's plausible ability to steal an election - until one day the Tyranny of the Five ends.
And on that day, when a Democratic president nominates and the Senate confirms a justice on the Supreme Court who actually respects the Constitution she or he is sworn to uphold, we can once again have Government of the People, by the People, and for the People.
Until then, let us hope the Adelson/Koch/ALEC Regime is not too cruel to those of who still believe that ordinary people should have a voice in who represents us."
Mark Levine
What blows my mind is that people who are so gung ho about all this, while the very democracy they pretend to love is being ripped from under them. It's ridiculous. Anyone with common sense can see that we are in trouble, and have been since Bushie, but all they do is whine about catchwords that fox news tells them. For god's sake, the top dog at fox news has gone on the record stating the only purpose of that entire channel is to get certain people elected.

The baby boomers are not all bad, but a significant portion of that generation has driven this country into the ditch, and now they want to keep it there.
RMS_Obamacare

Poplar Bluff, MO

#97813 Apr 3, 2014
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
(I will wait for Chilli to straighten you out on the 1%.)
Your own link shows that 53.9% of the votes cast by people making OVER $100,000 was for the Republican Party.
(And ... we only have TWO parties? That will come as quite a surprise to the America's Party / American Independent Party, American Third Position Party, Constitution Party, Green Party, Justice Party, Libertarian Party, Objectivist Party, Party of Socialism and Liberation, Peace and Freedom Party, Prohibition Party, Reform Party USA, Socialist Party USA / Liberty Union Party, Socialist Equality Party, and the Socialist Workers Party.)
How do you get 53.9% to fit into 1%? Or is the 1% you speak of the same as the 53.9%? Straighten me out please...you got me more confused now! Must be that new math.
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97814 Apr 3, 2014
George W. Bush: My Painting Of Myself In The Bathtub Was Meant To 'Shock'

Former President George W. Bush admitted he was "annoyed" by hackers who leaked images of his paintings, specifically one of himself in the bathtub he painted to "shock" his art instructor.

Bush's talent for art was first exposed to the world in February 2013, when hackers who gained access to Bush's sister's email account and several others made pictures of the paintings public.

In an interview with his daughter Jenna Bush Hager for NBC's "Today" airing Friday, Bush called the hacking "an invasion of one's privacy."

"Yeah, I was annoyed. And nor do I want my paintings to get out. And I found it very interesting the first painting that came out was the one I painted of myself in the bathtub," Bush said. "I did so because I wanted to kind of shock my instructor."

But Bush is confident his latest work is going to impress people.

Bush discussed a new exhibit opening at his presidential library called "The Art of Leadership," which will feature "more than two dozen never-before-exhibited portraits painted by President Bush," according to a Time report from February. The paintings will likely depict foreign leaders Bush worked with while serving as president, a series the New York Times reported he was working on in November 2013.

When Hager asked what the reactions will be to the paintings, Bush predicted he'd surprise people with his talent.

"I think they're going to be,'wow, George Bush is a painter,'" Bush said. "I mean I'm sure when they heard that I was painting them, if they had, they're going to say,'well, I look forward to seeing the stick figure he painted.'"

Bush said he hopes the leaders take the paintings "in the spirit of friendship," saying he was "willing to give it a shot, in terms of getting people to see how I felt about them."
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97815 Apr 3, 2014
George W. Bush: My Painting Of Myself In The Bathtub Was Meant To 'Shock'

I was less shocked by the painting then I was by your administration.
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97816 Apr 3, 2014
the REAL truth

Must have been for shock, because we weren't in awe.
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97817 Apr 3, 2014
"Former President George W. Bush admitted he was 'annoyed' by hackers who leaked images of his paintings,..."

And there are tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children who had absolutely nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks who are well past the point of being simply "annoyed" with Bush.
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97818 Apr 3, 2014
"The Art of Leadership" by George W. Bush -- the canvas must be blank.

Too bad for us that he didn't go to Art School instead of the White House. He's so irrelevant and unpopular that his own Party doesn't even acknowledge his existence.
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97819 Apr 3, 2014
Bush: My Painting Of Myself In The Bathtub Was Meant To 'Shock'

After your term in the White House, NOTHING you do has the power to "shock".

Exactly where does this guy get the nerve to show his face in public?
I would be terminally embarrassed.
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97820 Apr 3, 2014
now that W's a famous painter ,maybe he'll finally get invited to the republican convention in 2016
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97821 Apr 3, 2014
Former Democratic presidents go on to do good works, like Jimmy Carter and the Habitat for Humanity and Bill Clinton and the Clinton Foundation. Former Republican presidents ride horses on the ranch (Reagan), go skydiving (Bush Sr) and paint pictures of themselves in the bathtub.

Clinton starts the Clinton Global Initiative, Jimmy Carter creates a worldwide organization Habitats for Humanity... W paints pictures. Meanwhile we are still dealing with the most corrupt Supreme Court in our history, thanks to W (these court justices actually go to private fundraising republican events) and 50,000 wounded veterans who are scarred for life. Thanks for attempting to destroy what our forefathers created and turn us into a plutocracy W, what a legacy.

No one was shocked. The painting was entirely in keeping with the infantile self contentedness that allowed this country to be led down such a disastrous path.

It's interesting how in my lifetime, Democratic ex-presidents go on to be even greater positive influences on the world than their time in office, while Republicans seek only to hide away from the actions they took while in office.
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97822 Apr 3, 2014
It appears W was a better painter than he was as President of The United States
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases

Saint Louis, MO

#97823 Apr 3, 2014
Bush looked Putin in the eye and saw himself naked.

And here we all thought it was just an exercise for alcohol rehab..
RMS_Obamacare

Poplar Bluff, MO

#97824 Apr 3, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
"WE THE BILLIONAIRE KINGS OF AMERICA
In its decision in McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission, five members of the Supreme Court have taken pity on Shaun McCutcheon and the 650 other Americans who can only buy up to $123,200 in politicians. When you truly believe in the principle of "one dollar, one vote," as these five guys in black robes do, you want to make sure to overrule any restrictions made by the Representatives of the People in Congress chosen by that old quaint notion of "one person, one vote." This way the Five can insure that the Koch Brothers are literally millions of times more important than ordinary Americans.
There was a time when Americans revolted against the idea of kings, dukes, and earls using their vast inherited wealth to control our destiny. We actually fought a revolution in the name of all men being created equal. And, in time, that notion came to include all men and women, even descendants of former slaves.
Five men in robes have now, in the biting dissent of Justice Stephen Breyer, made up their own facts, misconstrued the law, undermined "the political integrity of our government institutions" and "create[d] a loophole that will allow a single individual to contribute millions of dollars." This not only "eviscerates our Nation's campaign finance laws"; it leaves us "incapable of dealing with grave problems of democratic legitimacy that those laws were intended to resolve."
Once five people in black robes overruled We the People in 2000, throwing away our votes to install their president in place of the one we (and most Floridians) wanted, I suppose it is no great further step to simply end "democratic legitimacy" altogether and allow billionaires to buy the politicians they want.
But the Supreme Court should revise the Preamble of the Constitution to reflect the reality they have declared today. "We the People" should be replaced by "We, Sheldon Adelson, Charles Koch and David Koch, the Billionaire Kings of America."
Sadly while I support a constitutional amendment to overturn both McCutcheon and Citizens' United, I'm under no delusion that we will get two-thirds of both Houses of Congress, including a fair number of Republicans, to prefer "one person, one vote" over "one dollar, one vote." The only possible solution to preserve our Republic is to keep electing Democratic presidents - and to elect them beyond the margin of the Supreme Court's plausible ability to steal an election - until one day the Tyranny of the Five ends.
And on that day, when a Democratic president nominates and the Senate confirms a justice on the Supreme Court who actually respects the Constitution she or he is sworn to uphold, we can once again have Government of the People, by the People, and for the People.
Until then, let us hope the Adelson/Koch/ALEC Regime is not too cruel to those of who still believe that ordinary people should have a voice in who represents us."
Mark Levine
Are you scared of somebody with deep pockets? Why don't you ask Dawg about the size of your amygdala and its function. He's almost an expert, ya know.

I think it's hilarious that you fear votes being "bought". News flash, it's been going on for decades and yet here you are. Why the big fear, just because you have been made aware of it recently? Rest easy, Chicken Little, those in power will appreciate you, for a little while longer. Don't let that amygdala get too big inside your little head, bad things happen.

PS...Dems buy votes too, but I's not my fault that your vote got tossed out with an empty promise. Hope and change buddy, hope and change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Limbertwig 256,492
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min The WB 90,833
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 39 min Dalai Lama 97,814
Election Who are you voting for in the Texas Governor race? (Oct '14) 19 hr PrehistoricPharts 159
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) Thu Alvin Boss 83,901
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Texas's 10t... (Oct '14) Jan 17 ShmellyGas 6
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 17 CheeseSniff 1,050
More from around the web