Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#97781 Apr 2, 2014
RMS_Obamacare wrote:
<quoted text>You know, it took a little while for the Titanic to sink after it hit the iceberg, but it was doomed from the day they used all that brittle steel in the hull. Just give it time. She will go under.
You would be well-advised to stick to something you understand.

Saying point-blank that the Titanic was destined to sink because "brittle steel" (whatever that is) was used is FALSE.

1. If the owner of the steamship line had not been so eager to set a trans-Atlantic speed record, there could have been safer navigation to avoid the icebergs which had already been reported along the course of the Titanic. That is to say -- if the Titanic had not been going so fast, the lookouts might have seen the iceberg in time to take evasive measures. And in any event, the damage would not have been as bad. "Brittle steel," indeed!

2. There was a design flaw in the titanic. The flotation tanks were not covered. As soon as the water got up to the tops of the flotation cylinders, it poured down into the cylinders and the Titanic WAS doomed. Had the flotation cylinders been sealed and thus waterproof, the Titanic would have continued to float.

3. Are you extending your "brittle steel" argument saying that anything you designate (like the "Affordable Care Act") will "go under." That broad allegation you have there is untenable, "Poplar Bluff." (And trying to infer that you are educated by using "RMS" is laughable. The US government has nothing to do with "RMS" -- "Royal Mail Ship," which was used at the time for British ships contracted to carry mail under contract.)

What a mishmash of cluelessness you are attempting to sell. You remind me of the "HMS Pinafore."

#97782 Apr 2, 2014
Dr_Strangelove wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not have insurance before or did you get dropped or was it for another reason?
"Dr_Prosecuting_Attorney, " what IS this? 20 questions? When did you start asking ignorant questions?

#97783 Apr 2, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming, once again, that you CONs continue to root against the average hard-working guy, who is temporarily in need and needs health care for himself, the wife and the kids. No surprise there. CONs have done everything that you possibly could for 4+ years now, to slow or stop our economic growth, to continue the lavish corporate welfare, to obstruct any assistance for the little guy and to line the pockets of those 1% fat cats. Ayn Rand groupies!
And Paul Ryan continues to propose budgets which reward the ultra-wealthy at the expense of the middle class. His 100-page 2015 proposed budget cuts $5.1 trillion from the budget and drastically reduces social programs.

Oh, yes! His budget would also repeal the "Affordable Care Act."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/ryan...

#97784 Apr 2, 2014
RMS_Obamacare wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to help you folks out.... now, who needs a life-jacket?
Do you fancy yourself to be a ship's captain?

"RMS"! "brittle steel"! sure to "go under"

You sure are pulling out all your ancient nautical terms.(Don't forget "lighthouse.")

#97785 Apr 2, 2014
Dr_Strangelove wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...words well spoken. Thanks, Dear Abby. Great advise. You should follow your own advise sometime.
"advise"?... Ah, hahahahahahahaha! You are more demented than I had thought.
Yellow Belly Demonrat

United States

#97786 Apr 2, 2014
Tea Party KOCHsuckers wrote:
The Supreme Court Has Struck Down Overall Campaign Contribution Limits
Democracy! SOLD! To the highest bidder!
Thank you CONservatives
OMG, now the CONservatives can be at the same level as us legally.

We are so screwed in 2014 & 2016!
Yellow Belly Demonrat

United States

#97787 Apr 2, 2014
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
And Paul Ryan continues to propose budgets which reward the ultra-wealthy at the expense of the middle class. His 100-page 2015 proposed budget cuts $5.1 trillion from the budget and drastically reduces social programs.
Oh, yes! His budget would also repeal the "Affordable Care Act."
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/ryan...
Paul Ryan can't screw the middle class or senior social programs, because we beat him to it already!
ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha
Yellow Belly Demonrat

United States

#97788 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
"advise"?... Ah, hahahahahahahaha! You are more demented than I had thought.
Na, us liberal useful idiots still hold the prize!
Yellow Belly Demonrat

United States

#97789 Apr 2, 2014
Tea Party KOCHsuckers wrote:
The nightmares from the Bush era continue!
Hey, quit giving Bush credit for our Bill Clinton's hard work!

It took Bill a lot of effort to kill Reagan's era of prosperity and growth for middle class America.
Yellow Belly Demonrat

United States

#97790 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
"Dr_Prosecuting_Attorney, " what IS this? 20 questions? When did you start asking ignorant questions?
Yah stupid conservatives, what do they expect from us liberals? The truth? ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,
RMS_Obamacare

Poplar Bluff, MO

#97791 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
You would be well-advised to stick to something you understand.
Saying point-blank that the Titanic was destined to sink because "brittle steel" (whatever that is) was used is FALSE.
1. If the owner of the steamship line had not been so eager to set a trans-Atlantic speed record, there could have been safer navigation to avoid the icebergs which had already been reported along the course of the Titanic. That is to say -- if the Titanic had not been going so fast, the lookouts might have seen the iceberg in time to take evasive measures. And in any event, the damage would not have been as bad. "Brittle steel," indeed!
2. There was a design flaw in the titanic. The flotation tanks were not covered. As soon as the water got up to the tops of the flotation cylinders, it poured down into the cylinders and the Titanic WAS doomed. Had the flotation cylinders been sealed and thus waterproof, the Titanic would have continued to float.
3. Are you extending your "brittle steel" argument saying that anything you designate (like the "Affordable Care Act") will "go under." That broad allegation you have there is untenable, "Poplar Bluff." (And trying to infer that you are educated by using "RMS" is laughable. The US government has nothing to do with "RMS" -- "Royal Mail Ship," which was used at the time for British ships contracted to carry mail under contract.)
What a mishmash of cluelessness you are attempting to sell. You remind me of the "HMS Pinafore."
You're right, I can't compare the sinking of the Titanic to Obamacare. The Titanic's Captain went down with his ship. Obama, he'll be trowing everyone overboard to lighten the ship so he can keep his own feet dry! What a maroon!
Dr_Strangelove

Poplar Bluff, MO

#97792 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
When did you start answering questions that were never intended for you? Never thought I'd catch a dumb fish on an empty hook but you have proven me wrong. Oh well, reel'em in and clean 'em.
Independent Thinker

Saint Louis, MO

#97793 Apr 2, 2014
Dr_Strangelove wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...words well spoken. Thanks, Dear Abby. Great advise. You should follow your own advise sometime.
Why are you even here? I've been reading this forum off and on for a while now. I've noticed three things about you.

One is that all you do is insult and attack people.

Two is that the only way you seen to be able to make a rational post is when you copy and paste people's posts from other forums over to here and try to pass them off as your own.

Three is that no one ever pays any attention to you.

So what is it you get out of this forum? Are you lonely and this makes you feel like you know people? Why are you so angry towards everyone? Maybe if you tried acting like a normal person and stop being such a jerk towards everyone you would be included in conversations. Have you ever thought about that or are you just incapable of civilized behavior?

I feel bad for you. I couldn't imagine being so hateful and angry like you are.
Independent Thinker

Saint Louis, MO

#97794 Apr 2, 2014
Yellow Belly Demonrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Na, us liberal useful idiots still hold the prize!
Why are you even here? I've been reading this forum off and on for a while now. I've noticed three things about you.

Two is that the only way you seen to be able to make a rational post is when you copy and paste people's posts from other forums over to here and try to pass them off as your own.

So what is it you get out of this forum? Are you lonely and this makes you feel like you know people? Why are you so angry towards everyone? Maybe if you tried acting like a normal person and stop being such a jerk towards everyone you would be included in conversations. Have you ever thought about that or are you just incapable of civilized behavior?

Independent Thinker

Saint Louis, MO

#97795 Apr 2, 2014
RMS_Obamacare wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I can't compare the sinking of the Titanic to Obamacare. The Titanic's Captain went down with his ship. Obama, he'll be trowing everyone overboard to lighten the ship so he can keep his own feet dry! What a maroon!
Maroon? Isn't that a cookie????

Independent Thinker

West Plains, MO

#97796 Apr 2, 2014
Independent Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Maroon? Isn't that a cookie????
My post must have really upset you for you to copy my screen name and repost it towards everyone else. Hopefully it makes you think about how others perceive you and helps you to grow up and learn how to act like a normal human being.

Feel free to use both my name and my post any time you wish. As I stated in my original post your copying of other peoples posts are the only time you are able to make a rational post.
mo mule

United States

#97797 Apr 2, 2014
I will support the candidate..who supports me.....single....female...no kids ..no tax break.. ..
Yellow Belly Demonrat

United States

#97798 Apr 3, 2014
RMS_Obamacare wrote:
<quoted text>
The White House says its surpassed its goal for people enrolled in Obamacare. its amazing what you can achieve when you make something mandatory and fine people if they don't do it, and keep extending the deadline for months.
Yellow Belly Demonrat

United States

#97799 Apr 3, 2014
mo mule wrote:
I will support the candidate..who supports me.....single....female...no kids ..no tax break....
Well its not the liberal Demonrats!

If you still haven't enrolled in Obamacare, you might have to pay a penalty called the individual shared responsibility payment, which is 1 percent of your salary. Most Americans say, Good thing I don't have a job.
sunnysideup

Saint Peters, MO

#97800 Apr 3, 2014
mo mule wrote:
I will support the candidate..who supports me.....single....female...no kids ..no tax break....
And who will blow you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Jay 190,171
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 42 min Blue Moon 18,017
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 42 min River Tam 80,109
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Aggie23 69,824
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 16 hr Farting 945
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 766
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Indiana's 8... (Nov '14) Thu The truth 5
More from around the web