“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#80560 Apr 18, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis chapter 9
God said: Never again will all life be cut off by the water of A(1) flood; never again will there be A (1) flood to destroy the earth. ONE FLOOD!
He said he would never again destroy all living creatures with a flood. He said the rainbow would be a covenant between Him and all life on the earth.
CHEERS!
I'm not diminishing your faith. I'm pointing out that when you refuse to interpret straight forward language, your stubborn yourself into a corner.
look at Genesis 8:21. God says EVERY inclination of man's heart is evil ....not some or most ...ALL!! So where can that leave room for any goodness?

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#80561 Apr 18, 2013
Travs Internet Addiction wrote:
<quoted text>
Gilgamesh beat Noah ...by a couple of thousand years...
Funny like the trolls here on Topix the writers of the Bible copied the Epic of Gilgamesh and claimed it to be theirs.
You're correct ...that's another problem with Old Testament accounts

“Let it roll on down the”

Since: Mar 13

the highway. BTO

#80562 Apr 18, 2013
We are everywhere. LOL

“Morel Mushroom Season”

Eminence, Missouri

#80563 Apr 18, 2013
We are everywhere. LOL

“A big dog in a little world”

Since: Apr 13

I am around but never found

#80564 Apr 18, 2013
We are everywhere. LOL

“If It Is Possible”

It Will Likely Happen

#80565 Apr 18, 2013
We are everywhere. LOL
seriously

Houston, MO

#80566 Apr 18, 2013
We must be magical simultaneous posts from us all. LOL
seriously

Houston, MO

#80567 Apr 18, 2013
ok they may have been a few seconds off and the time changed. Next time I will have them Synchronize their watches. LMAO
Guestzero

United States

#80568 Apr 18, 2013
Wow, looked back at some posts from last night, that seriously Guy (and his other personalities) isn't mentally stable.

United States

#80569 Apr 18, 2013
He's bad, bad Leroy Brown.
Baddest man in the whole damnn town.

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#80570 Apr 18, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
...... Oh yes, wise one with the crystal ball. You have facts for everything .......... YOU THINK! Seriously, you are just a BSer!...
1. I do consider myself to be, on occasion, a bit psychic. I used to be more so, 25 years ago.(That was before the MRI.)
2. I do not have a crystal ball.
3. I do not have the facts for everything. A few facts. In certain subject areas. But I always allow the possibility -- indeed certainty -- that I do not know "all" about any subject.
4. I do THINK! Thanks for agreeing!
5. I will admit to BSing on occasion. Of course, so do you, but you are just unaware of it.
seriously

Houston, MO

#80571 Apr 18, 2013
You donít tug on Supermanís cap, you donít spit into the wind, you donít pull the mask off the olíLone Ranger and you donít mess around with Jim!!

#80572 Apr 18, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis chapter 9
God said: Never again will all life be cut off by the water of A(1) flood; never again will there be A (1) flood to destroy the earth. ONE FLOOD!
He said he would never again destroy all living creatures with a flood. He said the rainbow would be a covenant between Him and all life on the earth....
God cleverly failed to mention that he could use earthquakes, nuclear explosions, or meteorite impacts to do the job next time he becomes upset with the creature(s) he created.

Answer me this. In Genesis 6:7 (KJV) And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

So God got upset by the wickedness of man.(And he did not consider doing a simple factory recall for modifications.)

But how come God destroyed the beasts and creeping things and the fowls of the air? Were they also SINNING? Hmmmmmm?

#80573 Apr 18, 2013
Guestzero wrote:
So I'm guessing some people still think the earth is 6,000 years old? Scientific data shows it to be a little older than that, like a few billion years older.
When I go to the Grand Canyon, I am sure that I could count more than 6,000 layers of sediment laid down over the years.

Oh, I FORGOT! God created those sediment layers to confuse us.

#80574 Apr 18, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 2:16-17
And the Lord god commanded the man, "You are FREE to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die".
Adam and Eve had a free will and they disobeyed God and ate the fruit .......... and that is the rest of the story!...
According to your fable, Adam ate of the fruit and did NOT die. Your fable says that Adam lived for 130 years at which age he "begat" his first-born son. Adam continued to live another 800 years, and died at the age of 930 years. Not bad for a fruit-eater.

How do you explain the reason that Adam did NOT die immediately when he ate from the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
Guestzero

United States

#80575 Apr 18, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
When I go to the Grand Canyon, I am sure that I could count more than 6,000 layers of sediment laid down over the years.
Oh, I FORGOT! God created those sediment layers to confuse us.
And don't forget the devil buried all those fossils to confuse us as well.

#80576 Apr 18, 2013
10fourRogerThat wrote:
We are everywhere. LOL
A nut does not fall far from the tree.

#80577 Apr 18, 2013
TreeStump73 wrote:
We are everywhere. LOL

#80578 Apr 18, 2013
DeltaDogs wrote:
We are everywhere. LOL

#80579 Apr 18, 2013
replaytime wrote:
We are everywhere. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Le Duped 180,431
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 14 min Billy 76,236
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 58 min Stepping Out 64,923
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 4 hr 123pictures 5,449
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 8 hr fartering 826
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr Jerry K 35,204
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 8 hr WarForOil 83,170
More from around the web