Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

There really isn't much to discuss. There are over 2/3 of the citizen in Burkeville that are not even registered to vote. Another 4 or 5 % can not vote because of addressing issues. And anyone that tends to vote against the established candidates or their choices for state offices are visited by someone locally and if they are in no position to defend themselves in any way. Basically they are informed on who they should vote for. This happens in more rural areas than the government thinks because the people that are doing this are telling them that this doesn't occur. And this comment on poaching in rural Newton County by the TPW. Most of the people getting caught are the so-called lease holders and people who are from out of town but have ties to someone in the area. And the ones that don't get caught are in this so-called click. Until this county has a real population growth it is my opinion that this perception will prevail about Newton County Texas. Some one from outside the system should investigate this county and several others in East Texas without oversight from anyone connected to the area.
Citizen

Cleburne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

You guys need to go vote if you are allowed to vote. Because the people in office need to be put on notice that you don't like what they are doing. I was told for instance that you have to use these stupid addresses that were assigned to you. Well! I am here to tell you that it was your county commisioners court that did this, and this addressing was not set down by anybody but them. It was their choice to call you names and treat you like they own you. You need to go to the polls and get rid of these people on shear principle alone. They claim that this was not personal and it was just business. Well! They are feeding you a line of something that just doesn't sit well with me. This is the land of the free and not some third world nation where you are told what to do or else. So! Go vote and get rid of these people,and the same goes for anyone on the state level that thinks that this is okay. Go vote and get rid of them too. There is an epidemic amongst our leaders and it is the desire to be king or queen or even just noble men. We sent these people a message over a 100 years ago that this behavior would not be tolerated here and you the people need to send this message again, but to some home grown lords and ladies. Freedom of speech is about all you seem to have now and you need to go vote against anyone who is trying to silence you. And to the Election Commission it is my belief that there are people not being allowed to vote because of an addressing issue. These people were only given the authority to set addresses and not to change them except where they were duplicated. The decision to assign these cr pvt addresses lies totally with your county judge and your road commissioners. Tell them that you don't like it by voting against them in the next election.
Citizen

Grandview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

This is not politics. This is a criminal act by a government agency. The County can not break a contract it made by law this includes changing the name on an adopted road by the county for public use. The name on the road was set at its adoption. Section II of the U.S. Constitution does not allow a government agency to break a contract once entered. The government is only as good as its word. The county of Newton has failed to honor its contract by placing cr on a few roads in its jurisdiction. Therefore they are in breach of the public trust. And they are also not in compliance with the 911 law they are claiming to be acting on. The law requires a name to be placed on each road and does not allow for the multiple use of any name and that includes the term County Road and private road. I do not care about system, but about my civil rights and those whose rights are being trampled. The 911 statute stated that they had only the right to set names on roads. There are several roads in the north end of Newton County that had names and they were illegally removed because the county claimed it had a mandate to do so. It only had a mandate to set names on roads and does not have the legal right under this mandate to have done what they did. They committed a crime and they are aware that they committed a crime and have taken other illegal actions to cover it up. It is not political, it is down right personal when people in the government single out something and use their power to harm people. It is called abuse of office, and their only protection is that they did it in the line of duty of their office. You may have noticed it is not raining and we are still getting wet. The state needs to correct this crime that they are claiming was unintentional. I know for a fact that at least one of the roads in question has a resident that one of the commissioners does not like. They did not rename all of the roads, and there are still roads here that are named for the residents. The funny thing about that is that these are public figures of today and they are destroying Newton County's History by renaming roads that carried the same name since the county was created. If you think that this is political then you buy a house on a named road and let someone rename it Cr. I did not purchase a house on a road named Cr, and by them changing the name I have absolutely been defrauded by the government. The state Constitution says that the federal constitution must be obeyed. Who's in charge here and why do you not see the problem for what it is a crime that has been left unchecked because a government entitty committed it. All you have to do is fix it. The state either does not have the courage to correct these local administrators, or they believe that they have the right to break the law. But this is not politics because most of the people who are being harmed are not involved in politics. This was either done in retaliation for something in the past or these people in office do not know what they are doing.
Gunter

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

If you want to know the truth about what is going on in Burkeville Texas then drive here and talk to some of thew old timers. First of all about groceries there is no grocery stores in Burkeville Texas and every road you look at seems to be called cr because the town of burkeville is of little importance to Newton County Texas. And every where you look there is fake names and all other types of fraud going on and it is all seemingly being purpertrated by the Newton County Commisioners court. They are renaming private cemeteries and roads without so much as a consultation as to its effect on the people who live there as well as the legallity of their actions and they seem to have the support of the state in their actions. So! If you come to Newton Country Texas to visit Burkevile Texas and its surrounding area and the information you have does not correspond with anything you have then you now know the reason. And if you have time you can file a complaint with your representatives it would be greatly appreciated by most of the residents who reside here. I have never seen a more disrespectful bunch than the current commisioners court is to the citizens of Newton County Texas. I have never seen a more blatant abuse of power in my life as what is going on here in Newton COUNTY Texas. And if the state is wondering why there is a recession going on they do not have to look any futher than actions like the ones taking place in Newton County Texas. The Post Master has been instructed not to deliver the mail even if he knows who's mail it is because it does not have the fake address placed on the residence by this court. Descrimination is what they call these peoples actions.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

This is not politics, it is the government breaking a binding contract. And replacing a name on a named road that was adopted by an older commissioners court. This will set the precedent that the government can break a contract or alter and amend a contract at their whim. Cr in itself is not dangerous but when you consider that the statute passed by the state allows only for the renaming of a road that is in conflict with another road with the same or similar name then you have a conflict of interest. You can not call something like this politics when you have the government imposing its will without just cause and are harming the citizen's both financially and their direct safety. There are still ribbons and balloons going up on these roads after the state jerks them down because there is still a problem with the use of cr as a road name as many times as it was done in Newton County Texas. These people have quite simply not followed the law as it was written and have put their citizens lives and property in potential jeapordy. Politics would be saying someone would do a better job than someone else. I am not saying someone can do a better job, I am saying that it is my belief that people and their property have been singled out to either harm the owners or destroy their property. Safety is an issue because what was done makes the whole area more unsafe than when there were no signs at all. It is even more confusing than it was because no one living here knows these stupid numbers which is the only thing seperating these roads from each other. A crime has been committed in the fact that 911 addresses are supposed to eliminate confusion and not create it. The fact that they failed to follow the statute proves that this is not politics. It is either stupidity or an outright assualt on the property owners either is a crime in my book because the results have already been proven and the New Addresses are unsafe and confusing, which means their use as 911 addresses is a failure.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

There are no politics in Newton County Texas, everything has already been decided. There is nothing more troubling than public officials who ignore the law and do what they want.
Citizen

Grandview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Well! It's Official. There is no clause in the 911 statute that gives the county court or anyone else the authority to change a roads official name, except when there is name conflict. This means that the County Court was not given the authority by law. Civil rights are being broken.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Acts of Fraud in Newton County Texas. There are quite a few acts of fraud going on by The current County officials here. The major act is calling historically and contracted adopted roads by this Cr#### crap. There is no Melton Creek Cemetery in Newton County Texas and there has never been a cemetery named Melton Creek in Newton County Texas. This name is a complete fraud and a danger to the general public. The last act of fraud is that the county changed these names in order to prevent people from voting and the end result is a possible under count in the census and people fearing to vote because they think that the possibility of being arrested. How can the county government regulate speech without violating a persons civil rights?
Gunter

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

This is not politics. This is criminal behavior by Newton County Officials who are ignorant of the law. A county Road easement by name is only breakable by the party in which the County made the easement contract with. They do not have the authority to break a legally binding contract regardless of what a state law might say. The contract is still legally binding under the law.
Gunter

Cushing, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Due to the knowledge of a small group of people that are dead set on not admitting that they are wrong. The whole county of Newton Texas has to deal with fake or false information being presented as factual when most of the residents here know that there is no shred of truth to the information. They seem to have no respect for anything including the laws that put them in office. If you force someone to use a fake address and they refuse and you use your power of office to make them use it to vote, then you have created a poll tax. Because by them not using the assigned address for their property, they will lose their homestead exemption. This goes for a number of other things as well that require your residence address which may cause you to commit a felony. The simple truth is that the people in charge of 911 addressing in Newton County are violating the civil rights of the people who live there in the county, and are breaking many other laws of the state and federal government in order to place a fake name on certain roads and other properties as well. I would like to know how someone can be buried in a private cemetery and the county government tell everyone that they were buried in a cemetery of a different name. This is fraud and not politics. Renaming a historically named road for no good reason is also fraud. These commissioners may be embarrassed by the past of Newton County Texas, but no one wants to visit a place where everything is a lie. Cr is not a name no matter who makes a claim that it is and county road is only a name if the county owns the road. A road easement is not ownership. It is a federally protected contract between the land owners and a government entitty and the county does not have any authority to change it by law. This is not about politics, but about the truth and respect for those who built this county. I do not like liars. And I do not like people who abuse their power to create an unsafe environment. So! As long as the County of Newton Texas refuses to correct the addresses there, then there can not be truely any working 911 system or any other services with a guarentee.
CITIZEN

Grandview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

There is nothing political about 911 addressing.The 911 authorities simply broke the law and are refusing to correct their mistakes in regard to setting addresses for the purpose of 911 addressing. And they are too stupid to understand by not correcting these errors they are creating other crimes. Right now you would be hard pressed to find certain addresses without a map because of the illegal way they renamed named roads without the actual legal authority to do so. You have to have the participation of the people in the 911 addressing process or your whole system will just be a bunch of scribblings on a piece of paper. When you reuse the same name over and over again you are basically failing to understand what a 911 address is. A 911 address is supposed to be unique in origin and character in order to readily be able to identify it from other street addresses. 911 addressing was and still is a failed process by our public officials. The current addressing is unsafe and seems to be at the whim of the commissioners court and has absolutely nothing to do with anything relavent to public safety. Exactly how many times can they set and reset a person's 911 address. No one seems to know and no one in office seems to understand that these people seem to be using this addressing to prevent certain individuals from voting by creating a poll tax for these people. The problems in our society are happening because a group of people have been elected to office that do not understand democracy and what it is that they are doing that is against it. The attorney general of Texas needs to pay more attention to the violations of peoples civil rights than arguing with the justice department about voter ID law.The simple truth is I am sorry to say is that other laws that have been enacted by our state are preventing the department of Justice from allowing the implementation of a voter ID law in this state. Because when you use the voter ID law in our voter process you create a poll tax as well as other things that will contribute to preventing people from voting. If the voter ID law passed by the legislature were allowed to be used then anyone who did not use their 911 assigned addresss would be prevented from voting as well as those who could not afford to purchase an ID from the state. The lack of oversight by the state into the implementation of addresses by the commissioners courts and the COG's has led us to this problem. The use of Cr and Pvt in 911 addressing is the equivalent of hate speech and a real safety issue for anyone traveling in the areas where these type of addresses were assigned illegally to properties. Contract law seems to be being ignored by these people in these jurisdictions. A road easement for a named road cannot be broken by the government. In other words the name on the road at the time of it's adoption by the county is still the name of the road today by the standards of federal contract law which supercedes any law passed by the states.In other words the Newton County Commissioner's court has broken the law in certain instances involving the setting of addresses on adopted named roads. And the current 911 addressing statute does not give them any right to break these laws. The state of Texas needs to fix these errors now before they are allowed to fester into our society and cause any more trouble for our ailing economy than these addressing errors have already caused to our country. Return to Sender is being caused by these addressing errors.
Gunter

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

I do not live on a road named Cr 2132, and my family is not buried in a cemetery named Melton Creek cemetery. These are lies. The County of Newton Texas adopted the road I live on by the name of Gunter Road by a road contract easement agreement on two seperate occassions, and my family is buried in a privately owned cemetery called the Gunter Cemetery. Why is the state allowing these actions to take place I do not understand. My house according to the county is located on cr 2132, so why was I stopped by the fire department and told my house was on fire at the end of Gunter Road. The first thing is that my house is not at the end of any road, and thus I knew that they were mistaken. This post is supposed to be about politics in Burkeville Texas. The trouble is that politics does not play a role in the topic. The politics is that the county officials think that because they were given the authority to rename roads that they have the right to change a roads name. This is absolutely not true. They can have the authority, but they can still have no legal right to change a roads name under the law. And Gunter Road is one such road, because it has a name under contract with a government entitty and is under the grandfather act as well. The placing of the name cr 2132 on the road that is named Gunter Road is legally an act of fraud in my opinion, because there is no legal justification for them doing so. And whomever in the county government that is calling my fathers family cemetery The Melton Creek Cemetery is also acting illegally. This topic is not polotics but an acknowledgement as to a crime that has occured.
Gunter

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Road Contracts do not seem to carry the same weight as water supply contracts do with the state of Texas. Why else can a government agency rename a road without legal cause thus breaking a federally protected contract between a citizen and the government. Politics may have seemingly played a role in the actions taken by the 911 authorities, but the long and short of it is that they broke a contract without just cause and according to the constitution of our country that is illegal and no one in law enforcement seems to be willing to step up and remedy this criminal act or action. Do you as citizen's of this country think that a county should have the ability to break a contract just because they have decided they do not like the name agreed upon by a previous court years ago. Do you think that the legislature should have the right to rename the state of Texas. Do you think the federal government should have the right to rename a state in our country. The reason behind the changing of the roads name do not hold up, since everybody in emergency services should be able to read before they are allowed to work there. I do not want a retard to come and try to save me and my property from disaster. That would be like sending the blind to see for the blind. Politics is a part of this but the problem that really bothers me is that it was done without any good reason. They still use the real names of these roads because otherwise they would get lost. So! Please explain why is the state still tolerating these obviously bad road names for the purpose of 911 addressing even though the actions also are in the eyes of legal scholars do not follow this states laws and violate our national laws. Dear commissioner's one lie leads to another lie and that leads to a broken economy. How can anyone believe that a citizen could actually trust the government when they are not upholding the rules of our government.
Gunter

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

411. info about people who live in Burkeville Texas is based on information provided by your phone company to others. These ignorant people actually believe anything printed regardless of your opinion. 411 is nothing more than a slam book which most school systems have outlawed as hate books. The county road easement on the road that I live on was for a road named ------ Road and not for a road called cr #### or county road ####. The government made this contract years ago with the people who made it. They have violated a federally protected contract by their actions. The phone company is even in breach of their contract for a right of way easement. Who's in charge here? There is no politics here just a bunch of politicians not following the law. One lie leads to another and the phone company needs to understand that they are more vulnerable legally than the USPS and the local politicians. You people need to read the U.S. Constitution and our Government needs to start enforcing it.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Here you have a bunch of people talking about how they saved a part of history this week and in actuality all that occured was a bunch of people were convinced to show up for the opening of a new court house. The old court ouse still burned to the ground and the only thing historical about the new one is that it was built to look like it and s located in the same spot. These people are acting like they saved a part of history and the real truth is that they are destroying a lot of this county's history through their current actions. Namely their choice for addressing which is an attempt to remove all historical names and facts about our county belonging to those people that they have decided are not desired to be here. Erase these peoples past and they never existed right. This renaming of historical roads by 911 authorities is just another attempt to disown some of the people who live here. So! You can make all the huplah that you want nothing historical was saved. It's just another expensive pretty building to pay upkeep on. Stop destroying the history of Newton County Texas under the guise of safety. There is nothing safe about your addressing and the people still use the old names because the new ones are so bland that you would have been better off not putting any address. And to make things worse it is still against the law when the property owner says you are trespassing. So! Why is the state and the county ignoring civil rights? They say they want to fix our economy and yet they do not seem to understand that they broke it. You need to understand how many things are tied to a person's physical address to understand how come I say that they broke our economy. Direct unrestrained interference in communications by the local governments is the culprit. This building might be a historical building one day but as of today its just another thing that our leaders spent our money on.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Well it's Official. The natzi brown shirts have taken control of some state government offices. Really having to show proof of residency to get a driver's license. The terrorist will only walk around this and still blow up everything because they will provide proof of residency and just walk away. The only terrorist involved are the local government leaders. Hate crimes are being enacted on people based on where they live. The act of wanting to get a driver's license is proof of being a law abiding citizen. A terrorist does not need a license to drive around and blow things up. CR IS NOT A ROAD NAME. iT'S A LEDGER ENTRY. Without a map going down the road in some rule areas absolutely puts peoples lives in danger because every road starts out Cr and usually only one number seperates them and traveling at 50 miles an hour and trying not to miss your turn usually results in a lot of road rage. And believe it or not the Texas DPS is supporting these unsafe road names. Who in their right minds would believe that the people in charge of public safety would support something as unsafe as the fake road names CR ####. I taught public safety in the class room and these names are a threat to public safety as they are being used. I agree with the following post - cr is a crime and anyone who supports its use as a public road name is acting criminally.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

I know that threats were made to people who disagreed with 911 officials and whether the state believes it or not most of these cr #### roads are being enforced by these threats. The County Judge is te chief advocate for the use of these phony names and the rest of these people on the commissioner's court and the so-called DETCOG representatives are either a bunch of yes men or outright cowards. They got the sheriff to do their dirty work and keep their hands clean and anyone who complained about it was attacked, or discredited to the state of Texas by these people. It's still going on today and that is why the sheriff seemed disilusioned. They couldn't very well stop the people from voting him out of office no matter ho crooed these guys are. I hope our new sheriff will get rid of these cr, and pvt names and make them put the accepted namesback on these roads that they removed for no reason except to attack certain people. I know what your thinking but feuds still occur here and scores are still kept. My advice is to write everyone who holds an office that represents this little backwoods county and threaten to vote them out of office if they do not fix this mess. If you can not find a house because some jerk thought it was funny to rename every road cr in a jurisdictionthen it is very obvious the officials above these are another bunch of cowards and absolutely are not concerned with public safety, or civil rights. Vote these disrespectful overpaid people out of office because by allowingthis type of thing to happen you know that they could not possibly have one shred of common sense anyway and should not be running our government. You cowards work for us. Start acting like it. 911 addressing was done the wrong way and it is endangering our freedom and our country. Joe Walker can say that all calls were his responsibility, but when he heard there were bombs and booby traps he should have waited for the feds. I do not think he had any training difusing bombs. So! What did he hope to accomplish by going on that call. He showed no common sense is all that I seen. And he was responsible for the 911 system of Newton County Texas at that time.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

It seems that there is a PDF file nationally showing what signs to look for in 911 addressing failure. And Newton County Texas is showing them all.
Citizen

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

People are shocked by the IRS targeting people, why is this a shock when nobody in the government seems to know what civil rights are and are completely in the dark of what even the law is. You guys are next in line when they get through with the IRS and the Attorney General. You can not commit a crime on a public record and think you are going to get away with it. No one in the state government gave you the authority to change the name of a road where the name was set by binding contract. You guys have broken laws and rather than protecting the citizens with a 911 public safety address system. You actually created a confusing and extremely unsafe 911 address system. You better get to correcting your mess before they start figuring out what you have done.
cITIZEN

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

It appears that someone is trying to correct mistakes with 911 addressing but why are they messing with the milage or address numbers. It's these infernal Cr road names that are the problem. Changing the numbers is not going to make the roads safer. The numbers are the problem to begin with. Now someone has decided that the measurement of the footage from the main roads are wrong and are changing house numbers. How in the hell can you mess that up unless you messed it all up to begin with. The County and the State of Texas does not have the power to change a contract that they entered into and especially one that they entered into a hundred years ago without violating federal law. You 911 officials are absolutely out of your mind and its all on public record for your future prosecution which is coming as soon as we get an attorney general who follows the law. There is no statute of limitations on the government for committing a crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••