OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jenks

Greenbrier, AR

#78831 Aug 24, 2014
Jenks

Greenbrier, AR

#78832 Aug 24, 2014
LOL

United States

#78833 Aug 24, 2014
Newport, Arkansas home of the prison population for the state of Arkansas that and Pine Bluff, Arkansas....yes sir ree fits perfectly with the idiotic posts!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#78834 Aug 24, 2014
Jenks wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/Peopl eOfWalmartFanPage/photos/a.387 769951458.178508.146480676458/ 10152212452171459/?type=1& relevant_count=1
TAMARA?
Only in YOUR Dreams!
Is the mentality of Democrats in Arkansas?

Man the Demo are i trouble if they have to dig down that low!
Ferguson coon

United States

#78835 Aug 24, 2014
Its because she was white not because who she was.
EDS

United States

#78836 Aug 24, 2014
ATLANTA — It’s not often that an election for the leadership of the Democratic National Committee Women’s Caucus creates so much drama. But Friday’s standoff here pitted two activists with decades of national leadership experience — one backed by party chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the other by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

In the end, Wasserman Schultz got the leader she wanted — but only after a tense and awkward race that left some activists wondering why there had to be a fight at all.

Wasserman Schultz, according to multiple sources, supported Lottie Shackelford, a longtime veteran of DNC politics who had been a vice chair of the DNC for nearly 20 years and is a former mayor of Little Rock, Arkansas. The other candidate, Alice Germond, had been a secretary of the DNC until Wasserman Schultz booted her out of that job last year. That move caused so much turmoil among Germond’s supporters that Wasserman Schultz was forced to bring her back as “secretary emeritus.”

*Just a beotch spat nothing to see here!

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/debbie-...
So What

Mcloud, OK

#78838 Aug 24, 2014
Lisa wrote:
""""" Large Quake Causes Injuries, Damage In Northern California""" """
________Will Okies wake up when the headline READS__________
-----Large Quake Causes Injuries, Damage In North Central Oklahoma-----
LOL! Wakeup to what, that the world is full of earthquakes? Kind of odd that the day California has the biggest earthquake in almost 20 years Oklahoma has none. What's up with that, expert?

You missed the one in Peru. Or are you just the local earthquake girl?
JAG

United States

#78839 Aug 24, 2014
24 Aug 2014, 11:44 AM PDT 2190 post a comment

According to a new Sunday Times report by Toby Harden, "Pentagon sources said Foley and the others might well have been rescued but Obama, concerned about the ramifications of US troops being killed or captured in Syria, took too long to authorise the mission."

It's claimed that Obama was concerned about his administration being Carterized had the mission failed.

For President Barack Obama the decision to send in the Night Stalkers was an agonising one. The audacious bin Laden raid in Pakistan had been a success but also preying on his mind was the failed 1980 Delta Force operation to rescue American hostages in Tehran. Sandstorms and mechanical troubles led the mission to be abandoned and eight American troops were killed when two aircraft collided. The debacle cast a shadow over Jimmy Carter’s presidency.

However, it also seems worth noting that the eventual timing of the mission may have made for a nice July 4th weekend announcement for Obama had the mission succeeded. Instead, Obama played golf on July 5th, as well as an additional six times in the month he is said to have spent agonizing over his decision, the delay of which may have cost journalist Foley his life.

Anthony Shaffer, a former lieutenant-colonel in US military intelligence who worked on covert operations, said:“I’m told it was almost a 30-day delay from when they said they wanted to go to when he finally gave the green light. They were ready to go in June to grab the guy [Foley] and they weren’t permitted.”

*Obama is a terrible inept Commander-In-Chief. Condolences to Foley's family and friends our thoughts and prayers are with you.

RIP Foley.
Carlos

United States

#78840 Aug 24, 2014
Oklahoma wont have anymore earth quake because all the pressure was released on the California fault line. Thats a mirical from Jesus.
The Lost Lisa

Mcloud, OK

#78841 Aug 24, 2014
The Lost Lisa

Mcloud, OK

#78842 Aug 24, 2014
Carlos wrote:
Oklahoma wont have anymore earth quake because all the pressure was released on the California fault line. Thats a mirical from Jesus.
You think this is a joke?
Carlos

United States

#78843 Aug 24, 2014
The Lost Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
You think this is a joke?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rDHowrDCj4YXX
California might fall off in the ocean but Oklahoma is too far away.
Jones

Austin, AR

#78844 Aug 25, 2014
Texas will not fall into the gulf because Oklahoma sucks!!!!
Joyce

Jacksonville, AR

#78848 Aug 25, 2014
Trial gets juicier with ex-Va governor's testimony

Bob McDonnell: Former Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell walks to his corruption trial at U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, August 18, 2014 in Richmond, Virginia. McDonnell and his wife Maureen are on trial for accepting gifts, vacations and loans from a Virginia businessman in exchange for helping his company. Getty Images: Mark Wilson
Former Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell walks to his corruption trial at U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, August 18, 2014 in Richmond, Virginia. McDonnell and his wife Maureen are on trial for accepting gifts, vacations and loans from a Virginia businessman in exchange for helping his company.

Jurors had already heard how his wife, Maureen, had turned the Executive Mansion into a house of workplace horrors with her incessant yelling at employees. Then Bob McDonnell laid bare the most intimate details of his crumbling marriage. The wow moment came when the defense introduced McDonnell's letter to his wife begging her to work with him to repair the relationship.

Marital discord is a key element of the defense as the McDonnells fight charges that they accepted more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from a businessman for promoting his company's dietary supplements. The theory is that they weren't communicating, so they couldn't have conspired.

The text of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's email to his wife, Maureen, introduced into evidence in their public corruption trial:
Joyce

Jacksonville, AR

#78849 Aug 25, 2014

Sent: Mon 9/05/2011 12:54 PM (GMT -4)

To: Maureen Mcdonnell

Subject:(No Subject)

I love you. Yesterday was one on the lowest points in my life. We have had very hard year emotionally, despite a wonderful anniversary celebration. You are my soulmate. I love being married to you and having a family. We have shared much good life together. I have made plenty of mistakes in my life which I wish I could fix. I am so sorry for all the times I have not been there for you and have done things to hurt you. I know I am a sinner and keep trying to do better. But I am completely at a loss as to how to handle the fiery anger and hate from you that has become more and more frequent. You told me again yesterday that you would wreck my things and how bad I am. It hurt me to my core. I have asked and prayed to God so many times to take this anger away from you and heal whatever hurt is causing it....some going back years and years. He has not yet answered those prayers. I often lie awake at night thinking what I can do to try to make things better. I admit that I do keep away from you sometimes and don't talk to you about important things or problems to avoid confrontation. My whole life is spent trying to help my family and other people. Overall I am incredibly blessed to lead the life we have lead, and you are too. More great children, good jobs, material comforts and friends than most people ever have. I fight to continue to be humble and thankful for All God has done. l was very excited about this weekend to spend 3 days with you to do what we wanted. We started tough friday night but we agreed to a reset. I wanted yesterday to show we could work together. I planned to open gifts, walk to the river with you, talk to you(like you did when you bared your sweet soul a little about your childhood on the Aspen trip this summer) read, watch a movie and catch up on personal business. Somehow the best plans with us never work out. It makes me very sad. I am lonely sometimes. I want to be in love, not just watch movies about it. You are doing a really great job as First Lady...better than any I've seen and better than you probably expected as you were nervous taking the FLOVA job. l'm so proud of your public actions. Our private life though has great heartache. You tell me all the time how bad your life has been with me and how unhappy you are. l do not understand this. I am so spiritually and mentally exhausted from being yelled at. I don't think you realize how you are affecting me and sometimes others with your tongue. As you told me many times and bought the book, "don't sweat the samll stuff'. And everything is small stuff(Gary Smalley). I beg of you to think about conflict resolution in a peaceful manner. Ironically that was the focus of the readings at Church and Fr Jims homily yesterday. There is no problem we can't work out if we are calm and talk nicely and respect each others position. I am NOT preaching! l love you and want to help make you happy and our family endure. I will do anything possible to try to fix our marriage if you will work with me. Today I will spend on the many tasks I need to do:working on Dads estate(sad), paying bills, 2010 taxes,student loans, getting our files in order, letters to kids, sandbridge properties, etc. And taking at least a little time to read something for my soul! l know you work hard too to run a good office. Let me know if you want to talk softly. Bob

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
TAMARA

Jacksonville, AR

#78850 Aug 25, 2014
Felony indictment energizes Texas GOP behind Perry

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 9:46 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 25, 2014 9:48 AM CDT

Associated Press AUSTIN, Texas (AP)- Texas Gov. Rick Perry's legacy has rarely been mentioned on statewide GOP campaign trails this year, and the party's nominee to replace him has questioned some of Perry's signature achievements. Amid his record tenure, fellow Republicans have even mulled term limits.
But just when Perry was feeling like governor non grata, a felony indictment accusing him of abusing his power has energized Texas conservatives, who claim it's a politically motivated attack in an important election year.

It's also put the spotlight back on Perry, who is trying to rehabilitate his political image before leaving office in January and convince would-be 2016 Republican primary voters across America he's worth a second look following an embarrassing White House bid three years ago.

Perry already earned favorable marks in conservative circles for ordering 1,000 National Guard troops to the Texas-Mexico border amid an influx of unaccompanied immigrant children. Some political observers now speculate that, if he can emerge unscathed from the criminal case against him, it could be a good gauge of his presidential viability.

"If he beats this, it's really going to help him, especially on the right," said U.S. Sen. John Cornyn's campaign manager Brendan Steinhauser, who helped organize a gathering of about 100 cheering GOP activists as Perry arrived for booking last week.

Perry, the first Texas governor to be indicted since 1917, faces two felony counts for making good on a threat to veto funds to a state prosecution unit that investigates official corruption if the Democratic district attorney didn't resign after a drunken driving conviction.

Top Texas Republicans have questioned why he'd be indicted for exercising his veto authority. Support has come from lieutenant gubernatorial hopeful and state Sen. Dan Patrick and Attorney General Greg Abbott, its gubernatorial nominee. Even U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz - a possible 2016 presidential rival - says he's standing with Perry.

"The party was in the midst of a changing of the guard," Texas GOP Chairman Steve Munisteri said. "But this particular situation has brought the focus back to Governor Perry and kind of reminded everyone why we like him."

Indeed, a swaggering Perry came out swinging against the indictment. When he was booked and fingerprinted last week at an Austin courthouse, he grinned in his mug shot, then cheekily tweeted about going for ice cream.

That Republicans would close ranks behind one of their own isn't surprising, but that the case would energize so many people was harder to predict - especially since, as Perry has concentrated on positioning himself for 2016 with frequent out-of-state travel, key GOP leaders have targeted some of his pet projects.

Perry's chief selling point is keeping Texas' economy booming, yet Abbott and Patrick have both expressed concerns about incentive funds used to distribute millions to private firms as Perry hoped to lure job creators to Texas or boost promising startups. Meanwhile the Republican-controlled state Legislature last year discussed term limits, which would have made it impossible to hold on to power for nearly 14 years like Perry has.

id.
TAMARA

Jacksonville, AR

#78851 Aug 25, 2014
Perry faces up to 109 years in prison for coercion and official oppression following his veto of $7.5 million in funding for the state's Public Integrity Unit, which is overseen by Democratic Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg. The governor said Lehmberg had lost the public's confidence and demanded that she resign or lose the funding. When Lehmberg refused, Perry kept his promise - drawing an ethics complaint from a left-leaning government watchdog group.

The governor has called the case against him as a political ploy, and the grand jury that indicted him was seated in Austin, a heavily Democratic city.

But Democrats note that Perry's veto came as the public integrity unit was investigating the state's $3 billion cancer-fighting agency, the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas, which was a key Perry achievement before drawing bipartisan criticism for improper spending, lax oversight and lucrative awards to private companies that skirted required scrutiny. Perry's lawyers have produced an affidavit from a former Public Integrity Unit investigator, saying that no one in the governor's office was a target of that investigation.

Texas Democratic Party executive director Will Hailer says the cancer agency case exposes official corruption that's festered because the GOP hasn't lost a statewide election in 20 years.

"Republicans have to double down on Governor Perry because of what the public integrity unit was looking into," he said. "If the house comes falling down, it falls down on all of them."

Meanwhile, the governor has resumed his busy travel schedule, visiting New Hampshire, home to the nation's first presidential primary, this weekend.

Court appearances look unavoidable once he's back home. But if the current trend holds, that might not be all bad.

"Anytime you're defending against a perceived political attack, people do rally," Steinhauser sa
Donnie

Jacksonville, AR

#78852 Aug 25, 2014
PUT THE FELON IN JAIL FOR 106 YEARS
Jenks

Jacksonville, AR

#78853 Aug 25, 2014
GOPers rally behind the felon--

No chance in 2016

Vote for hillary
Jay

Jacksonville, AR

#78854 Aug 25, 2014
Lawsuit Seeks Uncensored Access To Oklahoma Executions

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 10:23 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 25, 2014 11:09 AM CDT

At the Lockett execution, as with other executions in Oklahoma, the windows for witnesses to look into the execution chamber were covered by blinds while Lockett was brought into the chamber, strapped down, and had intravenous lines inserted.

OKLAHOMA CITY - The American Civil Liberties Union and two newspapers filed a federal lawsuit on Monday, seeking to stop Oklahoma prison officials from selectively filtering what journalists can see during an execution.
Officials said the lawsuit, filed on behalf of The Guardian and The Oklahoma Observer, follows the botched execution of Clayton Lockett in April during which prison officials blocked witnesses' view when the procedure did not go as planned.

“The state of Oklahoma violated the First Amendment, which guarantees the right of the press to witness executions so the public can be informed about the government's actions and hold it accountable,” said ACLU Staff Attorney Lee Rowland.“The death penalty represents the most powerful exercise of government authority. The need for public oversight is as critical at the execution stage as it is during trial.”

The lawsuit demands that reporters and other witnesses be permitted to view the execution, without interruption, from the time the condemned prisoner enters the execution chamber until he or she leaves it.

At the Lockett execution, as with other executions in Oklahoma, the windows for witnesses to look into the execution chamber were covered by blinds while Lockett was brought into the chamber, strapped down, and had intravenous lines inserted.

According to the ACLU, the blinds were raised only when officials began to administer the lethal drugs. After about 20 additional minutes, state officials closed the blinds after Lockett began to writhe, groan, and speak when he should have been unconscious.

5/1/2014 Related Story: DOC Releases Timeline Of Clayton Lockett's Execution

The blinds stayed down for approximately 20 more minutes, during which prison officials said they tried to determine the problem, called off the execution, and finally declared Lockett dead of a heart attack. Also in that time, members of the press could hear sounds coming from the execution chamber indicating pain and suffering, but they were unable to verify their exact source or nature because they could not see what was happening.

There were no independent witnesses to Lockett's death, and the precise cause of death has yet to be determined, according to the ACLU.

Reporter Katie Fretland, a plaintiff in the lawsuit, attended the Lockett execution for The Oklahoma Observer and The Guardian.

“At an execution, the press serves as the public's eyes and ears,” Fretland said.“The government shouldn't be allowed to effectively blindfold us when things go wrong. The public has a right to the whole story, not a version edited by government officials.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Serendipity412 126,556
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr Duck 105,039
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Missouri's ... (Oct '14) Sun SadLife 16
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Jun 16 danl17 6,332
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jun 13 Trump 35,555
Election Who are you voting for in the Michigan Governor... (Oct '14) Jun 12 DEVOSTERRORISM 31
Election Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) Jun 12 Humberto Pinedo M... 16,229