OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#74452 Jul 21, 2014
Maud wrote:
<quoted text>Why would an idiot governor sign a bill into law if she had the sense to know it was unconstitutional? i
She didn't sign it into law.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#74453 Jul 21, 2014
And all of the Obama cult still say baaaaaa....

A senior Obama administration official has told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that several other IRS officials have had "computer problems" over the last few years, including some who were close to former IRS employee Lois Lerner.

The committee released a partial transcript of an interview it conducted last week with IRS Deputy Associate Chief Counsel Tom Kane, who reported the computer problems. When asked how many others might be having this problem, Kane said it was "less than 20."

Among that number are a few who worked closely at the IRS division dealing with tax-exempt organizations, which Lerner headed. Lerner has since become the prime target of Republican investigators, although the GOP has been hindered by the supposed loss of her emails.

According to the committee, another IRS official who suffered computer problems is Justin Lowe, a technical adviser to the commissioner of Tax-Exempt and Government Entities.

Another is David Fish, an adviser to Lois Lerner. Andy Megosh was also named; he is a manager of Exempt Organizations Guidance.

Kane also noted that the computer of Kimberly Kitchens, an IRS agent in Cincinnati who donated to President Barack Obama's reelection campaign, also crashed. Lerner originally blamed low-level officials in Cincinnati for the targeting scandal.

The committee said the rash of computer crashes could make it difficult for affected officials to comply with House requests for information as it investigates the IRS targeting scandal. It's also likely to fuel speculation that the IRS is trying to cover its tracks as the House pushes forward with its investigation.

The committee also heard testimony from Kane suggesting that Lerner's emails may still be recoverable. The IRS told Congress in June that the a backup of Lerner's hard drive no longer exists, as it was recycled.

But Kane told the committee, "There is an issue as to whether or not there is a... that all of the backup recovery tapes were destroyed." Kane said this is still "being looked at."

Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said that makes him more suspicious that the IRS is hiding information, since the IRS didn't allow Kane to testify last month.

"Finding out that IRS Commissioner Koskinen jumped the gun in reporting to Congress that the IRS 'confirmed' all back-up tapes had been destroyed makes me even more suspicious of why he waited months to inform Congress about lost Lois Lerner emails," Issa said. "Commissioner Koskinen has repeatedly blamed the reporting delay on an effort to be sure what he said was correct, we now know that wasn't the case."
Maud

Austin, AR

#74454 Jul 21, 2014
Oklahoma Fans Remember Actor James Garner In Norman

Posted: Jul 20, 2014 5:42 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 20, 2014 5:53 PM CDT

Garner made a special appearance in Norman, when his statue was unveiled in 2006.

The statue sits in James Garner Plaza, near Main Street. A part of that street is also known as the James Garner Corridor.
The statue sits in James Garner Plaza, near Main Street. A part of that street is also known as the James Garner Corridor.
NORMAN, Oklahoma - An award winning actor from Norman, with a career spanning more than 50 years has died.
James Garner, 86, known for his roles in Maverick, The Rockford Files, and The Notebook, passed away in his Los Angeles home Saturday night.

On a hot, bright sunny day, while sitting in his wheelchair, Steven Smith looks up at the ten-foot-bronze statue of James Garner as Bret Maverick.

Smith strums away on his guitar playing an old classic tune in memory of the legendary actor.

“What I know about Mr. Garner, he always did right,” said Smith.

Garner was born and raised in Norman. He moved out to Los Angeles at one point, but returned to his hometown and went to school at Norman High.

“My uncle went to school with him back when they were kids,” said Stevens Smith, Garner fan.“They were poor together. They didn’t know it, but they were still friends.”

Smith said his uncle has told him many stories before about Garner, but there’s one in particular he will never forget.

“Taking the school superintendent’s wagon apart and putting it back together on top of his house. It was a funny story they ever had and they did that one Halloween night,” said Smith.“While he was out running around the school making sure the kids weren't messing up, they did a job on his yard.”

Even though James Garner spent most of his time living in Los Angeles, some people in Norman say he’s still an Oklahoman at heart.

“We walk by the statue all the time,” said Skip Hill, who is a fan.“It really has a special meaning today the statue.”

Hill works in an art gallery down the street from where the statue sits in James Garner Plaza, near Main Street. A part of that street is also known as the James Garner Corridor. Garner made a special appearance in Norman, when his statue was unveiled in 2006.

“As a kid living in Oklahoma and being the creative type you know, you don’t make movies here so how do you get famous being an actor?” said Hill.“Well, just the fact that he was from here and made it was really impressive.”

Meanwhile, Smith believes the statue will serve as a reminder to Oklahomans about how far a man with an American dream can go.

Garner was nominated for best actor in 1986 for "Murphy's Romance". He won three golden globes and an Emmy.
Maud

Austin, AR

#74455 Jul 21, 2014
James Garner---A truly great american and a caring democrat, not like the rethugs John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.
Gail

Greenbrier, AR

#74456 Jul 21, 2014
Maud wrote:
James Garner---A truly great american and a caring democrat, not like the rethugs John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.
As a former okie that managed to escape the insanity, I like garner seldom set foot in the cesspool.
So What

Newalla, OK

#74457 Jul 21, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>The way I did that post I felt it was all over the place and I was in a hurry. Sorry.
You're fine. None of us has the luxury of a proof reader.

Sometimes it gives someone a reason to stop and think about what someone is trying to say.
Sam

United States

#74458 Jul 21, 2014
Maud wrote:
Yes, a great american and person, unlike most of the hollywood types.

Only democrates have compassion for people.

What compassion did John Wayne (draft dodger) Have????
LOL WIngnuts

Oklahoma City, OK

#74459 Jul 21, 2014
It's not like the Wingnuts weren't warned...

Hospitals In Medicaid Opt-Out States Are Beginning To Face Money Problems

The political decision to opt-out of the Medicaid expansion has already adversely affected medical providers in those states, with 10 major health care systems downgraded by Fitch’s rating service.“Several of those downgrades were driven by operating performance declines related to funding and reimbursement pressures, which may have been lessened by Medicaid expansion,” Fitch said.“Conversely, of the nine upgrades since Jan. 1, eight were hospitals in states that have expanded Medicaid.”

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/07/hospitals-m...

And their tax money is going for those new enrolllees in states that opted into Medicare...not their own citizens...it's political malpractice on the part of their governors.
Edgar Jammestion

United States

#74460 Jul 21, 2014
Have many purple hearts did John Wayne and Clint Eastwood have??

James Garner had two.
Bud

United States

#74461 Jul 21, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>You're fine. None of us has the luxury of a proof reader.
Sometimes it gives someone a reason to stop and think about what someone is trying to say.
What can you fools say---except I fart everything because my mouth knows better.

If I would think, i would keep my mouth and azzhole shut, sayeth the insane okie.
DoesntMatter

United States

#74462 Jul 21, 2014
Benghazi?

Bergdahl?
TAMARA

United States

#74463 Jul 21, 2014
Botched Execution
Packing Heat

United States

#74464 Jul 21, 2014
Why haven't the Seditious Adulterous Ho Tramp RESIGNED?
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#74465 Jul 21, 2014
LOL WIngnuts wrote:

The political decision to opt-out of the Medicaid expansion has already adversely affected medical providers in those states, with 10 major health care systems downgraded by Fitch’s rating service.“Several of those downgrades were driven by operating performance declines related to funding and reimbursement pressures, which may have been lessened by Medicaid expansion,” Fitch said.“Conversely, of the nine upgrades since Jan. 1, eight were hospitals in states that have expanded Medicaid.”

And their tax money is going for those new enrolllees in states that opted into Medicare...not their own citizens...it's political malpractice on the part of their governors.
If Obamacare hadn't been forced on us in the first place, this wouldn't be happening
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#74466 Jul 21, 2014
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
What can you fools say---except I fart everything because my mouth knows better.
If I would think, i would keep my mouth and azzhole shut, sayeth the insane okie.
Then put some Duck On YOURS!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#74467 Jul 21, 2014
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction!

Then put some Duck Tape on YOURS!
So What

Newalla, OK

#74468 Jul 21, 2014
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan had a agreement with Congress back in 83' I think it was to give amnesty to all the illegals IF the border was secured. Congress got the amnesty but America didn't get a secure border. This time Obama is forcing a crisis situation on all us and bad things will happen and have already happened. CDC warning everyone who will listen these diseases are highly contagious like TB, Strep, Viral pneumonia, infestations of scabies, lice and bed bugs makes are person itch just thinking about it. I'm glad I don't have any kid in school anymore. In Maryland they notified parents their children had been 'exposed' to a illegal in their class with TB. In California their reporting Chicken Pox, Measles, TB, Viral pneumonia. Border Patrol is reporting scabies, lice and Viral Pneumonia has been contacted from illegals.
Don't know about you but I could do without that experience.
Have you seen the reports of the mishandling of extremely dangerous viruses by the CDC? They should have said don't do as we do.
Jay

United States

#74469 Jul 21, 2014
How come the Seditious Adulterous Ho Tramp took the blame, instead of blaming other for the botched execution.

Not much of a leader when she cannot accept responsibility since the buck stops at her desk.

People of Oklahoma:--Do you really want a leader that cannot accept responsibility for her transgressions?

All she can do is take credit for things that go right and blame other when thing go wrong.

Piss poor leader.
Jay

United States

#74470 Jul 21, 2014
i understand that my last comments will go completely over the heads of most who post here.
Packing Heat

Claremore, OK

#74471 Jul 21, 2014
LOL WIngnuts wrote:

The really nice thing is... starting in Jan.2015, most of that crap will get defunded and start a new plan on a complete entitlement reform, watch. I know... I know, you can shut your cockholster long enough to read so just watch.

Oh'yes... and btw I will giggle like hell once it starts. It doesn't make any difference whether you like or disagree or what the hell you want, I'm just telling you to watch, don't be stupid, watch!

Did I mention... Scott Pruett? The fellow that has a lawsuit at the SCOTUS right now on behalf of all of us in Oklahoma that agree you should have to pay 100% of your medical cost and no government titty to suck on. If the SCOTUS too agrees, you will pay it back.

Want to guess if I will laugh if you have to pay it back or do you already know I will, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min NotSoDivineMsM 265,254
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min edgar 101,516
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr LIBS ARE MENTALLY... 109,643
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 hr bacon hater 101,180
Election Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) 17 hr Frank 860
Election VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Tue tell no lies 1,380
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Mon Kilroy 760
More from around the web