OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Pat

Sherwood, AR

#64185 Mar 27, 2014
Well, just think of the healthcare of countries like France, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Japan, Denmark, Australia, Canada, and the UK. All of them have better healthcare than we do so I'm afraid it damn sure would be better. Investors don't need to make profits off the sick and dying. Not only is it morally repugnant, it's a terrible idea that only makes the system a bad one. The only people who should profit off the sick/ dying are those who actually give the care. Only in America is the population subjected to such vultures who literally skim massive profits out of the pockets of the ill. We do not have for -profit policing, fire fighting. Military people and the elderly get socialized healthcare because it is looked at as a humane thing to do. Why not the rest of us? For profit systems just do not work. We've tried it. Disastrous.
Pat

Sherwood, AR

#64186 Mar 27, 2014
New Study Confirms Red States Take More From The Federal Government Than Blue States

The conclusion of the report is something many have written about over the last several years; Red States by far are more dependent on the federal government and are poorer. In the aggregate these states take back much more from the federal government than they put in. More of their gross domestic product is also more dependent on direct and indirect government outlays. This turns the takers vs makers debate on its head as those pushing that message represent the end they portend to despise.

Do they really want a small federal government? It would kill their states’ economies.
Many of the southern states that have no state income tax or have low taxes do so on the backs of the states that pay much more in federal taxes. Governors like Texas Rick Perry make the rounds attempting to bring business to their states. They do it under the pretext of these states having better business environments because of low taxes and regulations. They should note they can have low taxes because they are subsidized by the federal government and the poor.

Articles like this are very important. Most Americans get their perspective from 10 second, 15 second, and 30 second sound bites. Data like this helps remove the blinders and rose colored glasses
Donnie

Sherwood, AR

#64187 Mar 27, 2014
Shrink Federal Government.
Red State Economies fail.
Use failed states as examples of how bad The Gubmint is.
Continue to turn the rest of America into a Feudalistic Theocracy.
Donnie

Sherwood, AR

#64188 Mar 27, 2014
A daughter asks her dad, Packing Heat, if she can have a sleepover with her girlfriends and he agrees. Later on, he over hears their game of truth or dare to which the daughter's friend asks her when the last time she had an orgasm was. The daughter replied, "Oh, about 3 days ago." and her dad, Packing Heat, bursts into the room yelling, "I KNEW YOU WERE FAKING LAST NIGHT!"
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#64190 Mar 27, 2014
Wisconsin's New Law Only Allows Voting While Most People Are Working

With Gov. Scott Walker's signature, Wisconsin has a new law on the books prohibiting early voting in the state on the weekends and weekdays after 7 p.m., otherwise known as when most people aren't at work. The measure was opposed by Democratic legislators in the state, especially because turnout for early voting is high in cities like Milwaukee and Madison. Those cities tend to vote for Democrats.

The new law goes against the recent recommendations of the Commission on Election Administration, a bipartisan panel that released a lengthy report on voter access in January. The panel recommended that states expand, not restrict "alternative ways of voting, such as mail balloting and in-person early voting" in order to avoid hours-long lines at the polls on election day. A majority of states allow for some form of early voting — either by mail or in person — and the commission noted that voters want more, not fewer, early voting options available to them.

The authoritarian Republicans hate people voting.....and will do everything possible to stop it.....
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#64191 Mar 27, 2014
Donnie wrote:
A daughter asks her dad, Packing Heat, if she can have a sleepover with her girlfriends and he agrees. Later on, he over hears their game of truth or dare to which the daughter's friend asks her when the last time she had an orgasm was. The daughter replied, "Oh, about 3 days ago." and her dad, Packing Heat, bursts into the room yelling, "I KNEW YOU WERE FAKING LAST NIGHT!"
Proof that you're a sick bastard.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#64193 Mar 27, 2014
New bill gives Oklahoma science teachers the freedom to question their textbooks

Note how that OK tv station titled that piece.

Anyway, the story:

The debate over how science should be taught in Oklahoma classrooms is back.

Lawmakers say teachers need more freedom.
The Scientific Education and Academic Freedom Act makes its way on the agenda every year. It gives teachers the freedom to editorialize hot button issues like evolution and climate change.

The author, Representative Gus Blackwell believes science is wide open to a range of theories, while science educators disagree.

“This bill really is misunderstood by a lot of people,” says Blackwell.

Blackwell says the bill’s current language doesn't mandate teaching creationism in the classroom, but instead gives teachers the right to talk about it and other scientific theories.

“We just say a lot of people say it so it must be true and that’s it and you need to accept it,” says Blackwell.
Blackwell says his law is needed to protect educators who want to explore what he calls controversial scientific issues, like evolution and climate change.

Oklahoma trying as hard as possible to remain in the bottom 5 of US states economically and educationally.

Idiots.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#64194 Mar 27, 2014
Average American Families Pays $6K a Year in Big Business Subsidies

The $6,000 figure is an average, which means that low-income families are paying less. But it also means that families (households) making over $72,000 are paying more than $6,000 to the corporations.

1.$870 for Direct Subsidies and Grants to Companies

The Cato Institute estimates that the US federal government spends $100 billion a year on corporate welfare. That’s an average of $870 for each one of America’s 115 million families. Cato notes that this includes “cash payments to farmers and research funds to high-tech companies, as well as indirect subsidies, such as funding for overseas promotion of specific US products and industries…It does not include tax preferences or trade restrictions.”

It does include payments to 374 individuals on the plush Upper East Side of New York City and others who own farms, including Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi and Ted Turner. Wealthy heir Mark Rockefeller received $342,000 to NOT farm, to allow his Idaho land to return to its natural state.

It also includes fossil fuel subsidies, which could be anywhere from $10 billion to $41 billion per year for research and development. Yet this may be substantially underestimated. The IMF reports US fossil fuel subsidies of $502 billion, which would be almost $4,400 per US family by taking into account “the effects of energy consumption on global warming [and] on public health through the adverse effects on local pollution.” According to Grist, even this is an underestimate.

Not a word about this because all the trash that you might be spending $5 towards some poor woman's birth control!
-The Artist-

Norman, OK

#64195 Mar 27, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! You're behind. I'm believed to be male at this time. Wait awhile they will second guess themselves again.
You're male? There's no need to "wait" or "second guess" ourselves because neither you nor anyone in your family has balls, dear.
-The Artist-

Norman, OK

#64196 Mar 27, 2014
Agnostic wrote:
Wisconsin's New Law Only Allows Voting While Most People Are Working
With Gov. Scott Walker's signature, Wisconsin has a new law on the books prohibiting early voting in the state on the weekends and weekdays after 7 p.m., otherwise known as when most people aren't at work. The measure was opposed by Democratic legislators in the state, especially because turnout for early voting is high in cities like Milwaukee and Madison. Those cities tend to vote for Democrats.
The new law goes against the recent recommendations of the Commission on Election Administration, a bipartisan panel that released a lengthy report on voter access in January. The panel recommended that states expand, not restrict "alternative ways of voting, such as mail balloting and in-person early voting" in order to avoid hours-long lines at the polls on election day. A majority of states allow for some form of early voting — either by mail or in person — and the commission noted that voters want more, not fewer, early voting options available to them.
The authoritarian Republicans hate people voting.....and will do everything possible to stop it.....
Thanks for admitting that Republicans are more intelligent...we know how to obtain a government photo ID.
-The Artist-

Norman, OK

#64197 Mar 27, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
The Daily Conservative Daily:
CA Democrat Arrested For Allegedly Conspiring To Sell Guns, Missile Launchers To Muslim Rebels
Democratic California state Senator Leland Yee will become the poster boy for the most hypocritical leftist gun control advocacy after being arrested Wednesday night for allegedly trafficking in… you guessed it! Guns!
Not just any guns, mind you – he is being accused of looking into supplying assault weapons and shoulder-launched missiles to rebel Muslims. Yes. Really:
On Page 84 of a federal criminal complaint, the undercover agent “UCE 4599&#8243; describes a conversation with Senator Leland Yee and political consultant Keith Jackson and about sales of guns, assault weapons, and even shoulder-launched missiles to support Muslim rebels fighting the government in the Philippines.
In other parts of the Federal criminal complaint, Yee is said to have relayed to undercover agent that his gun trafficking source brought in his weapons from Russia, but had contacts in Ukraine, Boston and Southern California. One of Yee’s associates was also arrested for some pretty heinous acts committed under the humorous moniker of “Shrimp Boy.”
From the LA Times:
The organized crime figure known as Shrimp Boy, whose name is Raymond Chow, identifies himself as the “dragon head” of that Freemason organization on his Facebook page. The indictment says that Chow, 54, whose criminal history includes racketeering and robbery, has a position of “supreme authority” in the Triad, an international organized crime group.
…The federal complaint reads like a bad crime novel with off-the-books firearms deals made in parking lots and confessions whispered in a booth at a karaoke bar. Chow is described as a “judge” in his organization — if one member of the group kills another, it’s up to Chow to determine whether the killing was justified.
Leland Yee had worked on House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s campaign, and got her endorsement for his own campaign. While the video above from the LA Times neglects to admit it, Yee was an outspoken advocate of gun control. In the news report below, Yee is shown saying that there is no reason for any Californian to own an “assault weapon.” He histrionically declares that there can be “no debate, no discussion:”
Can you taste the hypocrisy? Here’s a pretty amazing tweet from his gun ban advocacy:
Certain members of the media have already been trying to downplay the incredible charges, so don’t expect to see the story developed too much in the mainstream media. We’ll have up to date developments as soon as possible.
State Senator Tells Gun Rights Advocate ‘Go F**k Yourself’ When Challenged On 2nd Amendment!
Gun control under Obama?

See the problem yet? These democrats were giving weapons to Asians and not beaners, Barry's favorite breed of criminal filth.
Donnie

United States

#64198 Mar 27, 2014
Did you fill that Goddam earth quake.
-The Artist-

Norman, OK

#64199 Mar 27, 2014
Donnie wrote:
Did you fill that Goddam earth quake.
How many names are you using today, Fry Queen?
-The Artist-

Norman, OK

#64200 Mar 27, 2014
Donnie wrote:
Ever wonder why your gynecologist wears a hazmat suit, Fry Queen?
Packing Heat

Claremore, OK

#64201 Mar 28, 2014
Sow Hat wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! If it will help you to hate me, then sure why not?
Hate on me all you want. I like you, you make me laugh. LOL!

Hate? How can I hate you when I do not know you nor do I want to and you do not know me...

I just respond to insult and belittle you for the troll you have proven to be. You're the idiot that takes this forum personal. You dish it out then whine when you get it back.

Just like Chester, aka: WarForOil, pure fantasy bullshit he lives here begging everyone here to acknowledge his existence. Some how he missed it because most everyone has acknowledged he is a compulsive lying parasite and no one is interested in what he may or my not have.

I suspect from his posts, he's just a BlueGum Porch Monkey living in a trailer park in Grapevine Texas but really don't give a damn either way.

For you to think I am interested in any conversation with you shows just how dillusional you really are. Perhaps you should double up on your lonely pills... just saying.
Packing Heat

Claremore, OK

#64202 Mar 28, 2014
-The Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for admitting that Republicans are more intelligent...we know how to obtain a government photo ID.

Once the Senate goes conservative, Obama's presidency is done.

His legacy will be just a bad dream.

Thanks for all the good laughs. It is absolutely hilarious when you get these libtards heads spinning in anger... ROFLMAO.
Packing Heat

Claremore, OK

#64203 Mar 28, 2014
LOOK WHO'S NEW IN THE WHITE HOUSE?

Arif Alikhan - Assistant Secretary for Policy Development for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Mohammed Elibiary - Homeland Security Adviser

Rashad Hussain - Special Envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC)

Salam al-Marayati - Obama Adviser and Founder of the Muslim Public Affairs Council and is its current executive director

Imam Mohamed Magid - Obama's Sharia Czar from the Islamic Society of North America

Eboo Patel - Advisory Council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships

The foxes are now officially living in the hen house...

Why are so many quiet while our Country is being fundamentally changed?

Did I mention that all 6 are Islamist Activists who work with the Obama Administration and are Muslim Brotherhood Operatives who enjoy strong influence over U.S. Policy?
Joyce

Greenbrier, AR

#64204 Mar 28, 2014
Donnie wrote:
Yes, we ALLl know that Packing Heat is a Sick Bastard!!!!!!!!!!
Ace

Greenbrier, AR

#64205 Mar 28, 2014
Once the Senate goes conservative in 2114, Obama's presidency is done.
Lisa

Greenbrier, AR

#64206 Mar 28, 2014
Quakes

Magnitude: 2.5
Time:Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:07:17 GMT

Magnitude: 2.8
Time:Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:23:26 GMT

Magnitude: 3.5
Time:Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:05:16 GMT

HELL NO, WE WON'T QUIT FRAKING!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Carl Childers 253,088
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 47 min johnnyboy 633
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr capn obvious 88,090
Election Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Realist 6,495
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 12 hr YIM 96,727
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 13 hr Norton 107,478
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Sat amwaysux 30
More from around the web