OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,570 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#47513 Sep 20, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Usually you have to pay house payments, food, insurance [home, auto and health], car payments, clothing, and schooling for kids and son. Say at this point your budget is doing good and you have money for extras like going out to eat regularly, and vacations and buying extra clothing that is not really needed but just wanted or any other extras. But then for some reason added expense is added to the budget because of payments going up on something or an illness that tighten your budget. So where do you get the extra money to pay for the extra expenses? I know I would cut back on eating out, vacations and things I bought just because not on the necessities to run the household.
This would hold true for household, businesses and government. Now we all know there is place the government could cut back on and not really hurt the people or country.
If you had 316M people living in your house, you'd see that
running the country isn't simple household budgeting.
Your problems aren't national or relevant.

Thankfully smarter people run the government.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47514 Sep 20, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Usually you have to pay house payments, food, insurance [home, auto and health], car payments, clothing, and schooling for kids and son. Say at this point your budget is doing good and you have money for extras like going out to eat regularly, and vacations and buying extra clothing that is not really needed but just wanted or any other extras. But then for some reason added expense is added to the budget because of payments going up on something or an illness that tighten your budget. So where do you get the extra money to pay for the extra expenses? I know I would cut back on eating out, vacations and things I bought just because not on the necessities to run the household.
This would hold true for household, businesses and government. Now we all know there is place the government could cut back on and not really hurt the people or country.
Right there is the problem Tamara. Your trying to correlate something that is familiar to you.

I'm not trying to put you down because not many people understand this at all if they don't have a degree in economics, accounting, finance or something similar can wrap their head about the workings of the debt. And frankly the subject matter of our debt to have a clear understanding of it that is not influenced by politic is in the Ph.d. realm

Because right now if you sat in a Classroom on the subject at college and you tried to compare our debt to your household budget there would be lots of groans and snickers.

Not your fault.

But one little faucet. you might understand...we are still paying the interest from decisions made by Reagan..or a fraction could be decisions we made in WWII.

Or the decision made when they change the rules in Medicare.

That's why we call the government Macro Economics and your trying to talk Micro Economics in a simple way.

That's why to have a good opinion on the subject of the Government's debt you have to follow an Economist's work on the subject that has the ability to communicate to you in layman's term and how you decipher it to relies on your ability to understand it.

You might try your local library. Talk to the librarian. They do have it.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47515 Sep 20, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had 316M people living in your house

Are you congenitally retarded...
or were you just dropped on your head a lot as a kid?
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47516 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then if they pulled in the rein titled Medicare and you were impacted by it.....
Why don't you give us a post on what are current obligations are in the way of the debt and what are payments are in interest on the debt?
Who owns a majority of our debt? Hint - it's not the Chinese. It's the American people.
What would be a good way of wiping out the debt? Hint -- it would be great to some to not actually wipe it out in paying it back...but instead wipe out the one who loaned it to us in the first place.
For the middle class person - Which is better a 401K retirement or a retirement paid in the lifetime of the worker? Because hint hint..this is were mucha moola come from....in both the debt and credit areas...and if you don't know how this corresponds to the very subject we are talking about....you don't have a really good knowledge base to even form a viable opinion. Sorry.

Quote:
"What would be a good way of wiping out the debt? Hint -- it would be great to some to not actually wipe it out in paying it back...but instead wipe out the one who loaned it to us in the first place."

Why don't you give us a post on who and why they want to do this?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47517 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Right there is the problem Tamara. Your trying to correlate something that is familiar to you.
I'm not trying to put you down because not many people understand this at all if they don't have a degree in economics, accounting, finance or something similar can wrap their head about the workings of the debt. And frankly the subject matter of our debt to have a clear understanding of it that is not influenced by politic is in the Ph.d. realm
Because right now if you sat in a Classroom on the subject at college and you tried to compare our debt to your household budget there would be lots of groans and snickers.
Not your fault.
But one little faucet. you might understand...we are still paying the interest from decisions made by Reagan..or a fraction could be decisions we made in WWII.
Or the decision made when they change the rules in Medicare.
That's why we call the government Macro Economics and your trying to talk Micro Economics in a simple way.
That's why to have a good opinion on the subject of the Government's debt you have to follow an Economist's work on the subject that has the ability to communicate to you in layman's term and how you decipher it to relies on your ability to understand it.
You might try your local library. Talk to the librarian. They do have it.
Funny I have never just blamed the President at the time for our country's budget problems. To many government people sticking their hands into the kitty you might say and the government just keeps on over spending!
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47519 Sep 20, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote:
"What would be a good way of wiping out the debt? Hint -- it would be great to some to not actually wipe it out in paying it back...but instead wipe out the one who loaned it to us in the first place."
You want a post...on this board...

First, not this week but the week after the first....you tell me who the holders are of the debt.

Then we can talk about it.

But I'm not going to type and type and type only to get those stupid icons and not a word in response.

You have to have a back and forth with me. A discussion, back and forth.

Next week, I won't be here at all.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47520 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
You want a post...on this board...
First, not this week but the week after the first....you tell me who the holders are of the debt.
Then we can talk about it.
But I'm not going to type and type and type only to get those stupid icons and not a word in response.
You have to have a back and forth with me. A discussion, back and forth.
Next week, I won't be here at all.

Oh' never mind... you made the statement like you already knew or had a suspect. I was looking for conversation, just your answer you said Hint to.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47522 Sep 20, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh' never mind... you made the statement like you already knew or had a suspect. I was looking for conversation, just your answer you said Hint to.
Okay..

But the question you asked me has been answered by quite a few people that can explain it alot better than I would...

If you really cared and were really wanting an answer and not something to argue about you would find it.

But really, why do you want the aggravation? Knowing and being able to do something about it would require you to lift your preconceived ideas and look further than our partisan political games on this board.

later
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47524 Sep 20, 2013
Heat and Tamara

Read a good piece that sticks to the point I was trying to make.

It is completely non partisan as both sides are highlighted

And I am sure that you will probably have little to argue with it because it's just a repeat of how we got here..

Hope you find the time to read it. Take you about 10 mins or so.

RIP, the middle class: 1946-2013
The 1 percent hollowed out the middle class and our industrial base. And Washington just let it happen

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/20/rip_the_middl...
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#47525 Sep 21, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't. It's because it's all part of the
inter-galactic conspiracy against you.
They're the ones hiding the $26M you claim
you have too. And the same ones censoring
your TOPIX posts.

They're closing in on you. You can hear
the voices getting closer. Find a Navy
base close by to Langley OK.

You are actually fun to make fun of, thanks.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#47526 Sep 21, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well I be darn is this a fact.
When payment go up and you may have to adjust spending to meet payments and other obligations that has to be met you do not go into debt spending on other new things that can be done with out. That is what is called pulling the reins.
==========
Doesn't matter your debt still has to be paid. It's not about spending on new things it is about covering the debt you are now obligated to. You don't seem to think your current debt should be paid. Kinda like a freeloader. You want your debt forgiven, your insurance premium cancelled, your house payment cancelled, other ongoing expenses forgiven. Only in the minds of Okies.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47527 Sep 21, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Doesn't matter your debt still has to be paid. It's not about spending on new things it is about covering the debt you are now obligated to. You don't seem to think your current debt should be paid. Kinda like a freeloader. You want your debt forgiven, your insurance premium cancelled, your house payment cancelled, other ongoing expenses forgiven. Only in the minds of Okies.
Undoubtfully you do not understand. When my bills are paid up that I take care of the obligation I have each month before the extras come into play. So how does that make the freeloader? You pay your obligations first then if there is anything left over you save and buy the fun stuff. Never has my debts been forgiven during any time in my life. Not living on borrowed money! Try again.

Location hidden

#47528 Sep 21, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Undoubtfully you do not understand. When my bills are paid up that I take care of the obligation I have each month before the extras come into play. So how does that make the freeloader? You pay your obligations first then if there is anything left over you save and buy the fun stuff. Never has my debts been forgiven during any time in my life. Not living on borrowed money! Try again.
==========
So you are agreeing with Obama that our EXISTING LEGAL DEBT payments must be made? That is all he is saying. We must pay our bills. Opposing meeting our financial obligations as a nation is freeloader mentality. You take care of your obligations each month but don't think this nation should take care of its existing legal obligations?

It's not about "anything left over" and buying "fun stuff", it's about meeting our current legal obligations. Obama thinks it would be irresponsible of us as a nation to default on our legal debt obligations. Do you agree or disagree? So far you seem to be saying that being financially responsible and accountable as a nation is wrong. We have right now a certain amount of legal debt that defaulting on would be catastrophic.

We as a nation have without exception always covered our debt. Why should it be different now? In all of our history what makes being responsible as a country different now?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47529 Sep 21, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Heat and Tamara
And I am sure that you will probably have little to argue with it because it's just a repeat of how we got here..
The 1 percent hollowed out the middle class and our industrial base. And Washington just let it happen
http://www.salon.com/2013/09/20/rip_the_middl...
Very interesting read. I want to reread it again when I really have the time to take it all in. I do see a lot of truth to what was said about the 60's, 70's, and until now. I know now just looking around Edmond it amazes me how much Edmond keeps growing with all that has and is going on with the economy.
Thanks for the info. Have a Good weekend!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47530 Sep 21, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
So you are agreeing with Obama that our EXISTING LEGAL DEBT payments must be made? That is all he is saying. We must pay our bills. Opposing meeting our financial obligations as a nation is freeloader mentality. You take care of your obligations each month but don't think this nation should take care of its existing legal obligations?
It's not about "anything left over" and buying "fun stuff", it's about meeting our current legal obligations. Obama thinks it would be irresponsible of us as a nation to default on our legal debt obligations. Do you agree or disagree? So far you seem to be saying that being financially responsible and accountable as a nation is wrong. We have right now a certain amount of legal debt that defaulting on would be catastrophic.
We as a nation have without exception always covered our debt. Why should it be different now? In all of our history what makes being responsible as a country different now?
I agree the government needs to cover their obligations but stop making new debts that is not necessary to run this country. First step is to come up with a game plan to get the American people less dependent on the government for their every day needs. Remember the government is working off the taxpayer's dime.

Location hidden

#47531 Sep 21, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I agree the government needs to cover their obligations but stop making new debts that is not necessary to run this country. First step is to come up with a game plan to get the American people less dependent on the government for their every day needs. Remember the government is working off the taxpayer's dime.
==========
>>>I agree the government needs to cover their obligations<<<

That's all Obama is beseeching Congress to do in regard to debt ceiling. To not default on the nations duly and legally authorized debt.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47532 Sep 21, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are actually fun to make fun of, thanks.

Impossible Chester since it would require me to give a damn what you say and I don't you ignorant dolt. You're just too stupid to realize it.

Now answer the question...
Are you congenitally retarded... or were you just dropped on your head a lot as a kid?

It is so obvious that it was one or the other so, which is it?
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47535 Sep 21, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>Okay..

10 - 4 but... I did notice I mis-typed my response that should have said "wasn't looking for conversation", just your thought as to who and why.
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>But the question you asked me has been answered by quite a few people that can explain it alot better than I would...

Sure it has but... didn't you notice that I did not ask for their opinion? I ask a simple question... who? and why? to your statement to TAMARA
Quote:

My question was simple, "your opinion" of who and why, nothing more, nothing less... who and why.
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>If you really cared and were really wanting an answer and not something to argue about you would find it.

I wouldn't have ask you if I didn't care who you thought it was and why...
I already know my answer and was not looking for it. Again, I was asking, who you think it is and why they want to skip out paying back the debt.
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>But really, why do you want the aggravation?

What aggrevation? Knowing who you think it is and why? Nothing aggrevating about knowing that. I would have simply agreed or disagreed.
You made a statement to TAMARA like you knew and I was curious who you thought and why, that's all.
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>Knowing and being able to do something about it would require you to lift your preconceived ideas and look further than our partisan political games on this board.

My preconceived ideas are from my experiances and have zero chance of ever doing something about it for anyone other than me and my family. If you mean go along to get along... absolutely not!
I NEVER EVER COMPROMISE because someone said I must compromise. That just more Progressive bullshit straight up!

THAT KIND OF COMPROMISE IS FOR LOSERS, I PLAY TO WIN! I compromised with someone that earned that right of compromise and not someone the Government or a Union said I had to. My first line of defense to that position was to always keep my wealth out of the reach of Government or anyone else that thought they could step in and seize it if I refused. In order to do that, they first had to find it, thankfully they never have. I earned it, paid my taxes on it and is mine to do as I please, as it should be and remains that way to this very day but... that's a story for another day, not here.
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>later

later
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47536 Sep 21, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>Heat and Tamara

Thanks for the link, good read but...
I will reserve comment for now. Some of it I agree with and other parts of it would only invite the same corruption we face today.

I still say, with the corruption amongst both parties in Washington, Government is not the answer, Government is the problem.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47537 Sep 21, 2013
I see why Obama is very frustrated... the public knows shutting down the government is solely his choice now that the wonderful John Boehner has led the House to a funding bill victory.

John Boehner was such a hero yesterday, he compromised like Obama asked and passed a bill keeping the government from shutting down. Let's hope Obama doesn't choose to shut it down with bad choices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Injudgement 190,427
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 10 min guest 69,964
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 14 min Mgtn Res 80,195
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 24 min Ms Sassy 18,267
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 hr Fartman 19,896
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 18 hr Good farts 769
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 20 hr Education farts 947
More from around the web