OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#47501 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>Well how many bereaved mothers of wars and embassy post murders have you comforted?

As the mother of someone in the US Navy that pilots planes who always says every time he goes on deployment:

Mom, I chose this career. I know the dangers.

Blame scale:

If my plane goes down

Mechanical:

As Captain, it's up to me to be on top of the working of a plane. It up to other officers in the crew who also over see the work done on the plane. Faulty parts from the manu.--maybe my family will get some money.

Shot done----it's the enemy.

I sorry for her loss, but she's really disrespecting her son.
Thank you for posting this ;D
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47502 Sep 20, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>When Benghazi is being investigated to why our high up government did not do more for these people in Benghazi I would say there is heck of a lot more going on and until all is said and done then I say everyone has the right to question what happened.
Now if this had happened under a Republican president and his people would you feel the same way?
Repost

Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi!

Some of the Testimony On Video for the reading impaired!

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/a ...

At his latest Benghazi hearing, the GOP oversight czar quickly had to retract a central “coverup” claim. Oops

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/19/darrell_issas ...

Written Proof that Military wasn't told to stand down!

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/house-d ...

Hurry Hurry Read and See all about it!

Tamara, under a Republican president we had many killed.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#47503 Sep 20, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well when I have a debt payment go up like you home and car insurance premiums I adjust what I need and what I don't if money is tight. That is if incoming money has stayed the same or was lowered. But if income went up then it did not cause a problem. Yes national debt is a lot greater than my budget but adjustment should be made. But then I am not allow to print money to look like I have it to spend.
==========
Point is once obligated to a debt do you not make the payments? Sure you may have to cut something in order to meet the debt limit or payment but the debt has to be paid. Else you default and ruin your credit and good name and have trouble getting credit.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47504 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Repost
Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi!
Some of the Testimony On Video for the reading impaired!
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/a ...
At his latest Benghazi hearing, the GOP oversight czar quickly had to retract a central “coverup” claim. Oops
http://www.salon.com/2013/09/19/darrell_issas ...
Written Proof that Military wasn't told to stand down!
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/house-d ...
Hurry Hurry Read and See all about it!
Tamara, under a Republican president we had many killed.
Are you really serious about under a Republican president many have been killed. Well News Flash with any war under a Republican or Democrat President many are killed but all incidents are not singled out to be investigated, Now are they?
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47505 Sep 20, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for posting this ;D
Right back at you.

As a parent it's hard. Add politics to it and it can become a nightmare if you don't keep to the basic tenants.

The military is a career.

The US government spends close to $1 million dollars training each individual pilot.

And Navy Seals, their training is off the hook.

Security for diplomatic posts in dangerous areas....well you know why they mainly use Seals.

Take a look some time at the Site -- Navy Moms.

Take a look at some of the threads and some of the comments.

They even have Navy Moms - Democratic....Navy moms--Republican

Of course they also breakdown into enlisted and officers.

The Navy and really all branches of the service including State Department make efforts to reach out to parents even if they have a spouse.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47506 Sep 20, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Point is once obligated to a debt do you not make the payments? Sure you may have to cut something in order to meet the debt limit or payment but the debt has to be paid. Else you default and ruin your credit and good name and have trouble getting credit.
Well I be darn is this a fact.
When payment go up and you may have to adjust spending to meet payments and other obligations that has to be met you do not go into debt spending on other new things that can be done with out. That is what is called pulling the reins.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47507 Sep 20, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really serious about under a Republican president many have been killed. Well News Flash with any war under a Republican or Democrat President many are killed but all incidents are not singled out to be investigated, Now are they?
Well Tamara, when the opposing party controls the House, usually, depending on WHO is assigned as the Head of it, he or she controls the agenda...

Many Dems and Repubs heads have made a name for themselves in history and not all of them are exactly good.

But right now your trying to be a partisan....and play partisan politics...just like the current Head...Izza wants you too.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47508 Sep 20, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well I be darn is this a fact.
When payment go up and you may have to adjust spending to meet payments and other obligations that has to be met you do not go into debt spending on other new things that can be done with out. That is what is called pulling the reins.
Well then if they pulled in the rein titled Medicare and you were impacted by it.....

Why don't you give us a post on what are current obligations are in the way of the debt and what are payments are in interest on the debt?

Who owns a majority of our debt? Hint - it's not the Chinese. It's the American people.

What would be a good way of wiping out the debt? Hint -- it would be great to some to not actually wipe it out in paying it back...but instead wipe out the one who loaned it to us in the first place.

For the middle class person - Which is better a 401K retirement or a retirement paid in the lifetime of the worker? Because hint hint..this is were mucha moola come from....in both the debt and credit areas...and if you don't know how this corresponds to the very subject we are talking about....you don't have a really good knowledge base to even form a viable opinion. Sorry.

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47509 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Tamara, when the opposing party controls the House, usually, depending on WHO is assigned as the Head of it, he or she controls the agenda...
Many Dems and Repubs heads have made a name for themselves in history and not all of them are exactly good.
But right now your trying to be a partisan....and play partisan politics...just like the current Head...Izza wants you too.
No it is what it is when it comes to war. Sad but true. We have loss of lives and many are maimed for ever both mentally and physically. But not every incident comes under investigation to why it has gone down like it did. When this happens no matter what party is in charged most people want answers. HOPEFULLY the questions get answered and they are the true ones and the situation can be put to rest. But the people that are closely connected to Benghazi need to know one way or the other if more should have been done or all was done that possibly could have been done. I hope the people get what they need to know.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47510 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then if they pulled in the rein titled Medicare and you were impacted by it.....
Why don't you give us a post on what are current obligations are in the way of the debt and what are payments are in interest on the debt?
Who owns a majority of our debt? Hint - it's not the Chinese. It's the American people.
What would be a good way of wiping out the debt? Hint -- it would be great to some to not actually wipe it out in paying it back...but instead wipe out the one who loaned it to us in the first place.
For the middle class person - Which is better a 401K retirement or a retirement paid in the lifetime of the worker? Because hint hint..this is were mucha moola come from....in both the debt and credit areas...and if you don't know how this corresponds to the very subject we are talking about....you don't have a really good knowledge base to even form a viable opinion. Sorry.
You really did miss my point! No use to explain it to you.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47511 Sep 20, 2013
Tamara
The best investigation on war or a true 'misconduct' is not conducted by the government...politicians can never investigate the opposing parties without it blowing up to 'partisan politics"that's why 'special prosecutors are named...

Do you know why a special prosecutor has not been named for Benghazi?

Issa could do it.

Then the games he's playing would be out of his hands....That's it in a nutshell..

New headline:

Cummings Blasts Issa For Breaking Own Rules On Trip To Libya
Issa scheduled a congressional delegation to Libya next week as part of his investigation into the attacks upon a U.S. consulate in Benghazi last year. In a letter sent Friday, Cummings called on Issa to postpone the trip because it failed to specify a clear enough purpose and provide sufficient opportunity for Democratic lawmakers to join the delegation.

“Although you claim that your investigation of the Benghazi attacks is bipartisan, your efforts to secretly plan an official trip to Libya—and then deliberately exclude Democrats from joining—is part of an unfortunate pattern of partisanship that undermines the credibility of this investigation," Cummings said. "The problem with these actions is that they effectively deny Democratic Members the ability to effectively investigate this incident.”
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cumming...
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47512 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually you have to pay house payments, food, insurance [home, auto and health], car payments, clothing, and schooling for kids and son. Say at this point your budget is doing good and you have money for extras like going out to eat regularly, and vacations and buying extra clothing that is not really needed but just wanted or any other extras. But then for some reason added expense is added to the budget because of payments going up on something or an illness that tighten your budget. So where do you get the extra money to pay for the extra expenses? I know I would cut back on eating out, vacations and things I bought just because not on the necessities to run the household.
This would hold true for household, businesses and government. Now we all know there is place the government could cut back on and not really hurt the people or country.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#47513 Sep 20, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Usually you have to pay house payments, food, insurance [home, auto and health], car payments, clothing, and schooling for kids and son. Say at this point your budget is doing good and you have money for extras like going out to eat regularly, and vacations and buying extra clothing that is not really needed but just wanted or any other extras. But then for some reason added expense is added to the budget because of payments going up on something or an illness that tighten your budget. So where do you get the extra money to pay for the extra expenses? I know I would cut back on eating out, vacations and things I bought just because not on the necessities to run the household.
This would hold true for household, businesses and government. Now we all know there is place the government could cut back on and not really hurt the people or country.
If you had 316M people living in your house, you'd see that
running the country isn't simple household budgeting.
Your problems aren't national or relevant.

Thankfully smarter people run the government.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47514 Sep 20, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Usually you have to pay house payments, food, insurance [home, auto and health], car payments, clothing, and schooling for kids and son. Say at this point your budget is doing good and you have money for extras like going out to eat regularly, and vacations and buying extra clothing that is not really needed but just wanted or any other extras. But then for some reason added expense is added to the budget because of payments going up on something or an illness that tighten your budget. So where do you get the extra money to pay for the extra expenses? I know I would cut back on eating out, vacations and things I bought just because not on the necessities to run the household.
Right there is the problem Tamara. Your trying to correlate something that is familiar to you.

I'm not trying to put you down because not many people understand this at all if they don't have a degree in economics, accounting, finance or something similar can wrap their head about the workings of the debt. And frankly the subject matter of our debt to have a clear understanding of it that is not influenced by politic is in the Ph.d. realm

Because right now if you sat in a Classroom on the subject at college and you tried to compare our debt to your household budget there would be lots of groans and snickers.

Not your fault.

But one little faucet. you might understand...we are still paying the interest from decisions made by Reagan..or a fraction could be decisions we made in WWII.

Or the decision made when they change the rules in Medicare.

That's why we call the government Macro Economics and your trying to talk Micro Economics in a simple way.

That's why to have a good opinion on the subject of the Government's debt you have to follow an Economist's work on the subject that has the ability to communicate to you in layman's term and how you decipher it to relies on your ability to understand it.

You might try your local library. Talk to the librarian. They do have it.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47515 Sep 20, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had 316M people living in your house

Are you congenitally retarded...
or were you just dropped on your head a lot as a kid?
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47516 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>

Quote:
"What would be a good way of wiping out the debt? Hint -- it would be great to some to not actually wipe it out in paying it back...but instead wipe out the one who loaned it to us in the first place."

Why don't you give us a post on who and why they want to do this?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47517 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Right there is the problem Tamara. Your trying to correlate something that is familiar to you.
I'm not trying to put you down because not many people understand this at all if they don't have a degree in economics, accounting, finance or something similar can wrap their head about the workings of the debt. And frankly the subject matter of our debt to have a clear understanding of it that is not influenced by politic is in the Ph.d. realm
Because right now if you sat in a Classroom on the subject at college and you tried to compare our debt to your household budget there would be lots of groans and snickers.
Not your fault.
But one little faucet. you might understand...we are still paying the interest from decisions made by Reagan..or a fraction could be decisions we made in WWII.
Or the decision made when they change the rules in Medicare.
That's why we call the government Macro Economics and your trying to talk Micro Economics in a simple way.
That's why to have a good opinion on the subject of the Government's debt you have to follow an Economist's work on the subject that has the ability to communicate to you in layman's term and how you decipher it to relies on your ability to understand it.
You might try your local library. Talk to the librarian. They do have it.
Funny I have never just blamed the President at the time for our country's budget problems. To many government people sticking their hands into the kitty you might say and the government just keeps on over spending!
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47519 Sep 20, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote:
"What would be a good way of wiping out the debt? Hint -- it would be great to some to not actually wipe it out in paying it back...but instead wipe out the one who loaned it to us in the first place."
Why don't you give us a post on who and why they want to do this?
You want a post...on this board...

First, not this week but the week after the first....you tell me who the holders are of the debt.

Then we can talk about it.

But I'm not going to type and type and type only to get those stupid icons and not a word in response.

You have to have a back and forth with me. A discussion, back and forth.

Next week, I won't be here at all.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#47520 Sep 20, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
You want a post...on this board...
First, not this week but the week after the first....you tell me who the holders are of the debt.
Then we can talk about it.
But I'm not going to type and type and type only to get those stupid icons and not a word in response.
You have to have a back and forth with me. A discussion, back and forth.
Next week, I won't be here at all.

Oh' never mind... you made the statement like you already knew or had a suspect. I was looking for conversation, just your answer you said Hint to.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47522 Sep 20, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh' never mind... you made the statement like you already knew or had a suspect. I was looking for conversation, just your answer you said Hint to.
Okay..

But the question you asked me has been answered by quite a few people that can explain it alot better than I would...

If you really cared and were really wanting an answer and not something to argue about you would find it.

But really, why do you want the aggravation? Knowing and being able to do something about it would require you to lift your preconceived ideas and look further than our partisan political games on this board.

later

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 12 min Commodore Jedi 118,456
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 8 hr Bad Dog 103,517
Election Who are you voting for in the Illinois Governor... (Oct '14) Sun Voting again 25
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) Sun Dick Gozinya 110,437
Election Who's got your vote in the Illinois State Compt... (Oct '14) Sat Kiddo 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Sat Bob 107
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Arkansas's ... (Oct '14) Fri Anonymous 17
More from around the web