Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46709 Aug 25, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Is Barack Obama in his completely insane move of attempting to start World War 3 TRYING to get America and our Navy destroyed? Russia has just sent their most advanced anti-ship missiles to Syria in a clear warning that any attack against Syria will not go unanswered.
The New York Times quotes unnamed US officials as saying the missiles could be used to counter any potential future foreign military intervention in Syria.
"The P-800 Oniks Russian П-800 Оникс; English Onyx, also known in export markets as Yakhont, English ruby or sapphire, is a Russian/Soviet supersonic anti-ship cruise missile developed by NPO Mashinostroyeniya as a ramjet version of P-80 Zubr. Its GRAU designation is 3M55. Development reportedly started in 1983, and by 2001 allowed the launch of the missile from land, sea, air and submarine. The missile has the NATO reporting codename SS-N-26. It is reportedly a replacement for the P-270 Moskit, but possibly also for the P-700 Granit. The P-800 was reportedly used as the basis for the joint Russian-Indian supersonic missile the BrahMos."
We are in the beginning of a proxy war with Russia. Hold on folks.
God I hope not. People think we have had a rough time since 9/11 well we may have seen nothing yet.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46710 Aug 25, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Is Barack Obama in his completely insane move of attempting to start World War 3 TRYING to get America and our Navy destroyed? Russia has just sent their most advanced anti-ship missiles to Syria in a clear warning that any attack against Syria will not go unanswered.

The New York Times quotes unnamed US officials as saying the missiles could be used to counter any potential future foreign military intervention in Syria.

"The P-800 Oniks Russian П-800 ОнÐ; English Onyx, also known in export markets as Yakhont, English ruby or sapphire, is a Russian/Soviet supersonic anti-ship cruise missile developed by NPO Mashinostroyeniya as a ramjet version of P-80 Zubr. Its GRAU designation is 3M55. Development reportedly started in 1983, and by 2001 allowed the launch of the missile from land, sea, air and submarine. The missile has the NATO reporting codename SS-N-26. It is reportedly a replacement for the P-270 Moskit, but possibly also for the P-700 Granit. The P-800 was reportedly used as the basis for the joint Russian-Indian supersonic missile the BrahMos."

And Iran too. Think I said this was happening a few months ago and was dismissed.

All of this with absolutely no proof that Assad gassed his people and a lot of people don't believe it was the government. But the rebels are Muslim Brotherhood and Al Quaeda and once again, Obama is siding with them. Except this time, he's going to stand with them and take on Russia and Iran while he does it. The man is Bush on steroids.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46711 Aug 25, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
And Iran too. Think I said this was happening a few months ago and was dismissed.
All of this with absolutely no proof that Assad gassed his people and a lot of people don't believe it was the government. But the rebels are Muslim Brotherhood and Al Quaeda and once again, Obama is siding with them. Except this time, he's going to stand with them and take on Russia and Iran while he does it. The man is Bush on steroids.
I am not sure how Obama can keep up on all that is going when he does not stay at the White House to even call it Home. Then how does he and his supporters expect us to pay for another war. Then all his cut back to the military will not help.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46713 Aug 26, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure how Obama can keep up on all that is going when he does not stay at the White House to even call it Home. Then how does he and his supporters expect us to pay for another war. Then all his cut back to the military will not help.
Nothing he does makes sense does it? That's because it's purposeful.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46714 Aug 26, 2013
So far Obama has been on the side of terrorists in Libya, Egypt, Yemen and Syria, yet no democrats are asking why.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#46716 Aug 26, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
"The P-800 Oniks Russian П-800 Оникс; English Onyx, also known in export markets as Yakhont, English ruby or sapphire, is a Russian/Soviet supersonic anti-ship cruise missile developed by NPO Mashinostroyeniya as a ramjet version of P-80 Zubr. Its GRAU designation is 3M55. Development reportedly started in 1983, and by 2001 allowed the launch of the missile from land, sea, air and submarine. The missile has the NATO reporting codename SS-N-26. It is reportedly a replacement for the P-270 Moskit, but possibly also for the P-700 Granit. The P-800 was reportedly used as the basis for the joint Russian-Indian supersonic missile the BrahMos."
Russia destroying our Navy?

Ha ha ha ha

With their rustbuckets!

Ha ha ha

The only threat Russia has anymore since the USSR was disbanded is their nuclear arsenal.

Gee, all those trillions of dollars we have spent on our Military and ranked the best in the world and wingnuts try to scaremonger about our Navy being wiped out! By Russia...

Excuse me while I roll in the floor laughing....

Ha ha ha ha

DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46717 Aug 26, 2013
77% polled say Americans do not want intervention in Syria. Another good reason Obama will do it. Still wondering whee that vote in Congress is to declare war in Syria.

Obama won't do anything to help Coptic Christians in Egypt who are being tortured and murdered every day by the terrorists he's funding, but he'll stick his nose in Syria bc he knows what will happen when he does and it's what he wants.

A senior Syrian official on Monday issued a first direct warning that if attacked, his country would retaliate against Israel. Khalaf Muftah, a senior Baath Party official who used to serve as Syria’s assistant information minister, said in a radio interview that Damascus would consider Israel “behind the [Western] aggression and [it] will therefore come under fire.”

“We have strategic weapons and we’re capable of responding,” he said.“Normally the strategic weapons are aimed at Israel.”

Muftah concluded with a warning that “If the US or Israel make the mistake of taking advantage of the chemical issue… the region will go up in flames… that will affect security not only in the region but across the world.”

His words were echoed by Iranian officials, who on Monday shrugged off the threat of a US attack on its close ally Syria, but said that if such a strike were to take place, Israel would suffer.

“[The Americans] are incapable of starting a new war in the region, because of their lacking economic capabilities and their lack of morale,” said Mohammad Reza Naqdi, the commander of the Republican Guards’ elite Basij force.

“No military attack will be waged against Syria,” said Hossein Sheikholeslam, a member of Iran’s Islamic Consultative Assembly.“Yet, if such an incident takes place, which is impossible, the Zionist regime will be the first victim of a military attack on Syria.”

Israeli military officials have indicated they believe it unlikely that Syria would target Israel if the US or others intervened, but Israel has reportedly been taking security precautions just in case.

“Our hand is always on the pulse,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday.“Our finger is a responsible one and if needed, is on the trigger. We will always know how to protect our citizens and our country against those who come to injure us or try to attack us.”
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46718 Aug 26, 2013
This is Aug. 26th, "2013" isn't it?

I received paper work from "MEDICARE" about having major surgery OCTOBER 9th, "2012" and that I had met my deductible beginning Oct. 9th, 2012 to the end of the year of 2012. I guess they think those bills have not been paid up by me for the year of 2012. Maybe someone should let them know what year this is and that the Government is some what late about this information. And people wants the Government to completely run the Healthcare system in this country. Little I guess they know That my medical bills are also paid up to date for 2013 and that includes the reconstruction surgery I had to have in March from the Surgery in Oct. 9th, 2012.
I just thought I would share this info about how the government does their paper work for Medicare.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#46719 Aug 26, 2013
Gee, I guess the 77% doesn't care about the Coptic Christians either.

That's a paragraph of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The wingnuts are going for the slam if the US intervenes and planning to hit if it doesn't.

Sounds like Libya to me.

The wingnuts didn't care about the Christians being displaced in Iraq when it was a Republican President.

Any intervention in the Middle East is a fool's errand.

Gee, we have Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya and the African peninsula, completely unstable and the wingnuts want to play partisan politics with it.

Sec. Hagel is going to comment today around 3pm Eastern.

My bet is they don't do anything unless the rest of the Western Nations take part.

Israel has a stake in it too. They also have a pretty strong military as well.

Just another day in the Middle East.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#46720 Aug 26, 2013
If the Western Nations and Israel don't want to put some skin in the game, why should we?

The only one who really benefit's from any of this is the military industrial complex.

We are never again going to put boots on the ground over there and bombs can just do so much. Even if Assad would leave tomorrow, who takes his place? That's the million dollar question and if you have no answer, leave it alone.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#46722 Aug 26, 2013
-The Artist- wrote:
15 Photos From the Tahrir Square Protests Youll Never See In Legacy Media.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-02/gues...
Judged:331
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
15 Photos From the Tahrir Square Protests Youll Never See In Legacy Media.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-02/gues ...
Obama supported the overthrow of Mubarak knowing full well the Muslim brotherhood (a banned organization under Mubarak) would rise up and would come to power.
Now when the citizens of Egypt rise up to overthrow Morsi's attempt at establishing yet another Islamic theocracy under Obama's watch he backs the terrorist Islamic group MB.
See here's the thing, we didn't drop any bombs on Egypt. This whole thing is being driven by Egyptians. And the Egyptian military.

Let's look around why don't we....Egypt and Syria have a common neighbor...Israel...

Egypt and Syria stays embroiled in civil discord and civil war..who benefits....Isreal...

Trouble at home, no time to make trouble for it's neighbors.

And if there's trouble there, they can't help Iran either. It's a two-fer.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46723 Aug 26, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
This is Aug. 26th, "2013" isn't it?

I received paper work from "MEDICARE" about having major surgery OCTOBER 9th, "2012" and that I had met my deductible beginning Oct. 9th, 2012 to the end of the year of 2012. I guess they think those bills have not been paid up by me for the year of 2012. Maybe someone should let them know what year this is and that the Government is some what late about this information. And people wants the Government to completely run the Healthcare system in this country. Little I guess they know That my medical bills are also paid up to date for 2013 and that includes the reconstruction surgery I had to have in March from the Surgery in Oct. 9th, 2012.
I just thought I would share this info about how the government does their paper work for Medicare.
I'm sure that's how a lot of things will go soon.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46724 Aug 26, 2013
-The Artist- wrote:
15 Photos From the Tahrir Square Protests You’ll Never See In Legacy Media.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-02/gues...

Judged:331
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
15 Photos From the Tahrir Square Protests You’ll Never See In Legacy Media.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-02/gues ...

Obama supported the overthrow of Mubarak knowing full well the Muslim brotherhood (a banned organization under Mubarak) would rise up and would come to power.

Now when the citizens of Egypt rise up to overthrow Morsi's attempt at establishing yet another Islamic theocracy under Obama's watch he backs the terrorist Islamic group MB.
Same thing in Libya too.

But the dems have nothing to say about his continued support of terrorists, with our tax dollars at that. The rebels in Syria are Al Quaeda, MB and the likes of these scum. And I do not believe that Assad used chemicals on his own people. It doesn't make any sense. But did he? We don't know and neither does Obama, unless he financed it and he gave it to the rebels, which I wouldn't doubt for a second. Then he knows Assad didn't do it.

We don't need to be there. But that's exactly why we will be, so Obama can purposefully help another country be taken over by Muslim Brotherhood.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#46725 Aug 26, 2013
I know one thing for sure, these situations has resulted in Iran making tiny overtures to the US government. Which they didn't before.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#46726 Aug 26, 2013
Gee, the Middle East is full of Muslims....who knew?

LOL

And the US is going to funnel money to anyone they think that will not make any noise in Israel's direction.

No matter who is President of the US and which party he or she belongs too.

What's funny is that for all you all's interest in this situation, you didn't pay attention that Morisi was starting to make noise at Israel...and Assad was best buds with Iran.

The US Gov. knows that it can't control the ME militarily, but being able to station our ships off the coast sure stops the transport of Arms.

To Lebanon, Hamas and Hezzbollah...no shipments

To Egypt...no arms shipments to the Muslim Brotherhood...

To Syria...no arms shipments from Russia and Iran..

I'm sure that's the plan...
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46727 Aug 26, 2013
Well there you have it folks. Kerry is accusing Assad of destroying evidence, that way they have an excuse when they have no evidence to present for their war crimes.

But hey, the bright side is war always helps an economy. Obama needs something to make it look like he helped somewhere. But it won't be us.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46728 Aug 26, 2013
John Kerry's speech was better when George W. Bush gave it.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46729 Aug 26, 2013
Oklahoma State employees who were bypassed for an across-the-board pay increase earlier this year may want to brace themselves for another financial hit.

Due partially to Obamacare, the cost of health insurance premiums will be going up on seven of the eight insurance plan options offered to state employees beginning Jan. 1.

Increases will range from 2 percent to 12.5 percent, depending on the plan chosen and number of family members on the plan.

For employees who choose the popular HealthChoice High option, the option chosen by 80 percent of state employees, premiums will go up $20.88 a month for single employees with no dependents. Couples with two or more children on that plan will see their premiums rise $31.10 a month.

The federal Affordable Care Act, commonly referred to as Obamacare, is responsible for part of the rate hike, said Frank Wilson, administrator of the Employees Group Insurance Division of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services.

It requires a new federal tax that adds $5.25 a month per covered person to the cost of self-funded HealthChoice insurance plans, he said.

Health Maintenance Organizations are required to pay both the new tax and additional fees, so employees who choose the CommunityCare HMO and GlobalHealth HMO options will experience much greater rate hikes, he said.

The only insured state employees who will escape the premium hikes are those who choose the cheapest, most basic health plan the high-deductible HealthChoice S-Account.

Their premiums will remain unchanged, but only about 350 of the state's estimated 33,000 employees are on that plan, Wilson said.

The new federal tax applies to the HeathChoice S-Account as well as the others, but the Oklahoma Employees Insurance and Benefits Board chose not to pass the tax on to those policy holders.

Sterling Zearley, director of the Oklahoma Public Employees Association, said the rate hikes are going to be tough on state employees.

The rising cost of health care, especially HMO premiums, is taking more money out of the pockets of hard working state employees, he said.Many of these workers have not had a raise in several years and their expenses continue to rise.

In 2012, the state froze the amount it allocates to employees for insurance benefits, so employees will have to absorb the premium hikes, Zearley said.

Even after the hike, Oklahoma's insurance benefits will still be among the most lucrative in the country.

State employees receive a fixed allowance on top of their wages to cover the cost of health insurance. The current annual allowance is $7,273 for the worker, an additional $8,061 for the employee's spouse, and an additional $2,759 if one dependent child is on the plan or an additional $4,383 if two or more children are covered.

The allowance adds up to $19,717 a year for a family of four.

The allowances are high enough that single employees without dependents currently can choose coverage from any but the most expensive two of the state's eight health insurance options, add dental, vision and life insurance coverage, and still have money left over to supplement their salaries.

That still will be true after the hike, but they will have less allowance money left over to supplement their salaries. The portion that is rolled over into salaries becomes taxable.

For families on all but the most expensive two health plan options, allowances have been and will continue to be high enough to cover their health insurance premiums. But many are already kicking in extra money for dental, vision and/or life insurance for their families. That amount will go up in January.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#46730 Aug 26, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Oklahoma State employees who were bypassed for an across-the-board pay increase earlier this year may want to brace themselves for another financial hit.
Due partially to Obamacare, the cost of health insurance premiums will be going up on seven of the eight insurance plan options offered to state employees beginning Jan. 1.
Increases will range from 2 percent to 12.5 percent, depending on the plan chosen and number of family members on the plan.
For employees who choose the popular HealthChoice High option, the option chosen by 80 percent of state employees, premiums will go up $20.88 a month for single employees with no dependents. Couples with two or more children on that plan will see their premiums rise $31.10 a month.
The federal Affordable Care Act, commonly referred to as Obamacare, is responsible for part of the rate hike, said Frank Wilson, administrator of the Employees Group Insurance Division of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services.
It requires a new federal tax that adds $5.25 a month per covered person to the cost of self-funded HealthChoice insurance plans, he said.
Health Maintenance Organizations are required to pay both the new tax and additional fees, so employees who choose the CommunityCare HMO and GlobalHealth HMO options will experience much greater rate hikes, he said.
The only insured state employees who will escape the premium hikes are those who choose the cheapest, most basic health plan the high-deductible HealthChoice S-Account.
Their premiums will remain unchanged, but only about 350 of the state's estimated 33,000 employees are on that plan, Wilson said.
The new federal tax applies to the HeathChoice S-Account as well as the others, but the Oklahoma Employees Insurance and Benefits Board chose not to pass the tax on to those policy holders.
Sterling Zearley, director of the Oklahoma Public Employees Association, said the rate hikes are going to be tough on state employees.
The rising cost of health care, especially HMO premiums, is taking more money out of the pockets of hard working state employees, he said.Many of these workers have not had a raise in several years and their expenses continue to rise.
In 2012, the state froze the amount it allocates to employees for insurance benefits, so employees will have to absorb the premium hikes, Zearley said.
Even after the hike, Oklahoma's insurance benefits will still be among the most lucrative in the country.
State employees receive a fixed allowance on top of their wages to cover the cost of health insurance. The current annual allowance is $7,273 for the worker, an additional $8,061 for the employee's spouse, and an additional $2,759 if one dependent child is on the plan or an additional $4,383 if two or more children are covered.
The allowance adds up to $19,717 a year for a family of four.
The allowances are high enough that single employees without dependents currently can choose coverage from any but the most expensive two of the state's eight health insurance options, add dental, vision and life insurance coverage, and still have money left over to supplement their salaries.
That still will be true after the hike, but they will have less allowance money left over to supplement their salaries. The portion that is rolled over into salaries becomes taxable.
For families on all but the most expensive two health plan options, allowances have been and will continue to be high enough to cover their health insurance premiums. But many are already kicking in extra money for dental, vision and/or life insurance for their families. That amount will go up in January.
I have heard this happening all along. I also said that any one either getting help funding their health ins. premiums though employers or government it will be counted as earned income and will be taxed. The government has not been very open about this.
DoesntMatter

Perkins, OK

#46731 Aug 26, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard this happening all along. I also said that any one either getting help funding their health ins. premiums though employers or government it will be counted as earned income and will be taxed. The government has not been very open about this.
Correct. And on top of that, the state employees I know are Obama voters and they're not very happy today. Now that's funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Nutz 165,226
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 4 min Imbecile Watch 1,005
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min miss tuffet 164,227
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 6 min Obama Bitches 99,220
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min silverfox 58,586
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 33 min Rock 61,471
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 64,605
More from around the web