|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

DoesntMatter wrote:
A pro-Trayvon Martin "march" in San Bernardino, Calif., on Thursday night turned violent when protesters assaulted a civilian, police officers and a police horse. The so-called protesters were rallying against the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial.
San Bernardino police described the incident with protesters as "civil unrest," the Press-Enterprise reports.
Credit: AP
Police received multiple reports of the "protesters" committing vandalism around 8:45 p.m. When officers arrived on the scene, about 120 protesters who were gathered in a restaurant parking lot began throwing rocks and bottles at them and passing vehicles "without provocation," according to a news release.
When police ordered the protesters to disperse, most of the demonstrators left. The ones who refused to disperse, about 50 people, reportedly moved behind a cinder block wall and continued throwing rocks an debris.
Police later discovered a victim had been physically assaulted. Following a "lengthy foot chase," investigators arrested 22-year-old parolee Byron Thomas in connection with the assault.
By the end of the night, 11 people were arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, battery, assaulting a police horse, assaulting a peace officer and vandalism.
This says a lot of the type of people that think the verdict of Zimmermann was unjust. I wonder why a parolee would think the courts are unjust? HAHA!
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not familiar with that tabloid. Does it have a nude picture in each issue ? British
tabloids that I've been reading on the tube do.

Are you kidding me? That's what got you thrown in prison the first time and have to register every year and now you want more Chester.

You damn perverts just can't be cured!
Mort K Sampsom

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

I and most of the civilized world,( this leaves out Langley, OK, and Perking, OK, along with Edmond, OK), thinks Packing Heat and his cohorts are perverts in the most violent way.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Things seen in Oklahoma towns and cities living on open front porches: Refrigerators. Freezers. Pianos.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
Things seen in Oklahoma towns and cities living on open front porches: Refrigerators. Freezers. Pianos.
This blows my mind and a mazes me. I just don't understand why people don't take pride in where they live. I meant keeping it picked up, uncluttered and clean. You really don't have to be rich to this. I know because when growing up our family did not have the best of things but where we lived it was clean and picked up.

I will say a couple of years ago my husband & I took a trip and headed over to the Grand Canyon and up to Yellowstone Park and back. I was amazed at the trashy place we saw thru out that trip. So it is just not here in Oklahoma. I have even seen this thru out the state of TEXAS. I have seen this in Arkansas and Missouri.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>This blows my mind and a mazes me. I just don't understand why people don't take pride in where they live. I meant keeping it picked up, uncluttered and clean. You really don't have to be rich to this. I know because when growing up our family did not have the best of things but where we lived it was clean and picked up.
I will say a couple of years ago my husband & I took a trip and headed over to the Grand Canyon and up to Yellowstone Park and back. I was amazed at the trashy place we saw thru out that trip. So it is just not here in Oklahoma. I have even seen this thru out the state of TEXAS. I have seen this in Arkansas and Missouri.
==========
But who makes a front porch the piano area? I guess the lessons work the same way though and the main thing IS to play the piano.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
But who makes a front porch the piano area? I guess the lessons work the same way though and the main thing IS to play the piano.
Maybe who ever was playing the piano was so bad the rest of the household moved them to the porch. They wanted the world to suffer to.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>This blows my mind and a mazes me. I just don't understand why people don't take pride in where they live. I meant keeping it picked up, uncluttered and clean. You really don't have to be rich to this. I know because when growing up our family did not have the best of things but where we lived it was clean and picked up.
==========
And Tamara, aren't you glad you don't live in all those other places and they are not home and you don't have to be the least bit concerned about them?
DoesntMatter

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe who ever was playing the piano was so bad the rest of the household moved them to the porch. They wanted the world to suffer to.
LOL!!!

Maybe they like to play on the porch with the neighbors? I don't know that I've ever seen pianos on porches. Tacky couches and old chairs? Yes. Too many
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
And Tamara, aren't you glad you don't live in all those other places and they are not home and you don't have to be the least bit concerned about them?
Well you are right about that. But it makes a person wonder why there are so many that don't seem to care about all the junkiness whether it is here in Oklahoma or any where else. I would have to take up drinking Mic Ultra more then a couple nites in a month. You know someone on here thinks I have a drinking problem for going to Inter Urban on Tuesday nites to have a hamburger which is for half price and having a few beers.
Do you still get to Edmond ever so often? Have you ate at Enter Urban at Bryant & Danforth?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Maybe they like to play on the porch with the neighbors? I don't know that I've ever seen pianos on porches. Tacky couches and old chairs? Yes. Too many
Some places have so much stuff it is hard to tell what all is on their porches. And then 9 times out of 10 their yards look just as junky.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well you are right about that. But it makes a person wonder why there are so many that don't seem to care about all the junkiness whether it is here in Oklahoma or any where else. I would have to take up drinking Mic Ultra more then a couple nites in a month. You know someone on here thinks I have a drinking problem for going to Inter Urban on Tuesday nites to have a hamburger which is for half price and having a few beers.
Do you still get to Edmond ever so often? Have you ate at Enter Urban at Bryant & Danforth?
==========
Yeah, I mentioned to you once some time ago that I had eaten there. Seems you told me you didn't go there. This was probably a couple of years ago.

Haven't been in OKC area since before Tornado except to take son to Airport and I was in and out, didn't see any of my folks.

Even my doctor here in Tulsa tells me he knows of doctor offices with hidden cameras in examining rooms. So next time you spread 'em beware. More than your doctor may be looking.

My cousin who is a doctor lives in Edmond. Did you know that some doctors examining rooms have hidden cameras? Not my cousins though.
Dr Jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

The Party of Rape Culture

5.“Granted, the percentage of pregnancies due to rape is small because it’s an act of violence, because the body is traumatized. I don’t know what percentage of pregnancies are due to the violence of rape. Because of the trauma the body goes through, I don’t know what percentage of pregnancy results from the act.”
-California GOP assembly President Celeste Greig, saying rape victims don’t get pregnant because it’s a traumatic act, March 2013.

6.“Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn’t have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice. I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or doesn’t, it will always be her child. And she will always know that. And so to embrace her and to love her and to support her and get her through this very difficult time, I’ve always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you. As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life. We have horrible things happen. I can’t think of anything more horrible. But, nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation.”
-Rick Santorum, stating that God sanctions rape to give women the “gift” of pregnancy, January 2012.
Dempsey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

For years, we have heard Republicans insist that the only true way to prevent teen pregnancy, abortion, and STDs is to destroy comprehensive sex education programs and replace them with religious based abstinence-only programs. In many red states, particularly in the South, conservatives have dismantled proper sex ed and have instituted abstinence-only programs that have failed time and time again. Now, a new report in California shows that the liberal state’s own comprehensive sex ed program has reduced teen pregnancy rates to a 20 year low.

According to the Los Angeles Times:

In 2011, the birthrate for teenage girls in California dropped to its lowest level since 1991, a state report released Wednesday announced.

Twenty-eight children were born in the state for every 1,000 teenage girls, a sharp decline from 1991 when the rate peaked at 70.9 births for every 1,000 teenage girls.

Public health experts say state laws are responsible for the decline because they require public schools that offer sex education classes to provide scientifically reliable instructions on how contraceptives work along with information about abstinence.
Dempsey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Conservative states could learn a lot from California’s success. Studies consistently show that abstinence doesn’t work. In fact, nine of the ten states with the highest teen pregnancy rates are located in the Bible belt. Texas is one of those states with abstinence-only programs, and one study already shows that most women in the state say that they don’t have enough access to contraception. So when women get an unwanted pregnancy, the only recourse they can turn to is abortion. The higher the number of unwanted pregnancies, the more abortions are likely to increase. But when women have access to lower cost or free birth control, the rate of unwanted pregnancies and abortion .

Teaching abstinence-only prevents teens from knowing how to protect themselves when they choose to have sex, and make no mistake, teens are going to have sex no matter what you teach them. This fact combined with all the studies showing that abstinence-only fails has led one state to ban such programs. Because abstinence-only programs don’t work, the state of Illinois has elected to ban the program in favor of comprehensive programs that are far more effective.
Dempsey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

If conservative states really want to decrease abortion and STDs, teaching proper sex ed and providing better access to contraception would be the place to start. Unfortunately, Republicans refuse to do so because they are under the thumbs of religious extremists who apparently see pregnancy as a punishment for those who have sex before marriage and as a way to subjugate young women to child rearing instead of doing things like pursuing a career. In other words, conservatives WANT teen girls to get pregnant. Because women are only good for having babies and cooking breakfast, right GOP?

Unfortunately, higher rates of teen pregnancy also increases the number of welfare recipients. Since teen moms are usually low-income, they are forced to rely on state and federal government to get by, which is ironic considering how much conservatives whine about how too many people are on welfare, which is also ironic considering how red states rely on welfare more than blue states as a whole. More unwanted pregnancies equal more welfare recipients and more abortions. You would think conservatives would make the connection and try something that actually works to solve the problem, but no, they just double down because they refuse to believe they are wrong.
Dempsey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Abstinence-only programs push a conservative fantasy that all we have to do is scare young people from having sex and they just won’t do it. That kind of thinking is incredibly ignorant of the facts, and the birds and the bees. Sheer curiosity and raging hormones are enough to drive teens to have sex. Unless parents lock their kids away from the outside world, teens are going to have sex. We might as well make sure they know how to protect themselves when they do, and comprehensive sex education is the way to go. This report from California should embarrass red states and force the people who live in them to re-examine what their elected officials have been claiming all these years about abstinence-only programs.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Yeah, I mentioned to you once some time ago that I had eaten there. Seems you told me you didn't go there. This was probably a couple of years ago.
Haven't been in OKC area since before Tornado except to take son to Airport and I was in and out, didn't see any of my folks.
Even my doctor here in Tulsa tells me he knows of doctor offices with hidden cameras in examining rooms. So next time you spread 'em beware. More than your doctor may be looking.
My cousin who is a doctor lives in Edmond. Did you know that some doctors examining rooms have hidden cameras? Not my cousins though.
I thought you said you had eaten there. We go there but just not all the time. But A lot of people show up Tuesdays for the half price hamburgers. They are pretty good. It is handy for us.

No I never thought of the doctors offices having hidden cameras. I am pretty sure where we go does not. When I got so sick a year ago Aug. I really could had cared less. Ours is associated with Mercy Hospital. I was very impressed with our primary doctor getting to the root of my problem and I ended up with a very good surgeon. I have one daughter-in-law that is in the Mercy Lab and if anyone in a hospital will know the good and bad about doctors they will. Then another Daughter-in-law that is a RN also is in a Church study group with the head of the hospital and she called him to see if he knew my surgeon. My doctor ordered a cat scan and I had it at 1:30PM and at 3:00 PM my doctor called and said to get my self to the hospital and by 9:30PM I was in surgery.

But thanks for the heads up about this.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
I actually can think of a case where maybe a camera might had been a good thing. When we first moved down here we needed a primary doctor. Started going to this female doctor. She was nice and I liked her and she did good for general things plus sinus infections and bad cases of poison ivy but I kept this gut feeling how would she do with something more serious. I think you were here posting regularly when I had a really bad lower lumbar spine problem and it turn into a sciatic nerve deal. I would go into her and ask what I should be doing or who I should be seeing or if physical therapy would help or a medro pack would help and she would say will maybe lets try it. We were not getting any where. She prescribed something for pain but the med my drug plan refused it. She called and said that it would take about a month to be able to get another medication. By that time I had had it and told her bull ...... and went shopping for another doctor. It would have been nice to have had a camera to prove this doctor incompetence. I finally got help getting my back to heal as much as it could. The kicker I had not seen this doctor in almost 3 months and I get a call from where I get my prescriptions saying I had one to pick up. I no I did not and asked what doctor called it in and it was the doctor I had left. At this point I was very upset about this doctor and she and I had it out. She is no longer her in Edmond. Why I do not know.
I DON'T KNow how it could be done with the camera thing and still not invade a patients privacy also. That ordeal still bothers me.
WarForOil

Southlake, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't understand why people don't take pride in where they live. I meant keeping it picked up, uncluttered and clean. You really don't have to be rich to do this.

I will say a couple of years ago my husband & I took a trip and headed over to the Grand Canyon and up to Yellowstone Park and back. I was amazed at the trashy place we saw thru out that trip. So it is just not here in Oklahoma.
Yes, the common people are trashy. Hence the name - Trash.
No so in Europe. Germany, Austria, Canada and France are spotless.

I visited Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon and didn't see
a lot of junk because we flew and didn't rub elbows with
the smelly people at Gas Stops and the Colonel's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 43,781 - 43,800 of69,574
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••