OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44703 Jul 12, 2013
It's pretty easy to see why the British Healthcare System is headed toward bankruptcy.

Read the statistics of the British health care system with their all-unionized work force from its implementation in 1948.

When their Labor government nationalized the British system in 1948, the system had 480,000 hospital beds, services by 350,000 staff.
In 2002 their system only had 186,000 hospital beds serviced now by 882,000 staff.

More recently, in 2008, their system had only 160,000 beds, serviced now by 1,368,000 staff.
It is easy to predict the near future of that British system, say in the year 2020: the British National Health Service... will have ZERO hospital beds serviced by 2,000,000 staff, representing about 6 million votes for their Labor Party,
including adult members of those union households.

Recently, the UK government was trying to lay off several hundred thousand of those health care system bureaucrats. The downward trajectory is obvious, more money for less services. Great Britain already imports doctors who are the worst in their medical field because they are cheap.

Under Obamacare, the Interdependent Payment Advisory Boards will decide which patients receive care and which ones are left to die.

In Great Britain, this is decided by the quality of life the patient has remaining. Healthcare will be heavily rationed and some people will live and"some people will die".

If you want to improve healthcare, access, and cost it is very simple. You let the private market handle it and you get government out of the way, create a competitive environment for the consumer and let them buy any type of policy they see fit, then cost would be driven down and efficiencies would go up and the taxpayers are not on the hook.

That is why it called the free market and it works!

Obama-Care has started it's engine but... it's hopelessly in idle mode on the edge of the cliff. And to think, Sarah Palin was laughed at 5 years ago for warning us of the Obama death panels. Can't wait till all those waivers expire! Oh wait I forgot, 5 months before they take noticeable effect, they are now giving waivers again to the business owners for another year so now, the only ones responsible to pay for it is the private sector, working employees, that already can barely pay their monthly bills but...they'll have unaffordable healthcare coverage.

Barack Hussein Obama, who got elected on the idea of punishing the business owners, while giving the poor a better life, is now giving businesses another year long break. Oh, that's right, mid-term elections coming up, never mind I know why, lol. And now Politicians are exempt from Obamacare and you have to pay the full cost out of your pocket or pay him a penelty. And in one year or less, many peoples work hours will get cut to 29 hours a week to make business owners exempt too! Trust me businesses won't wait until 1/1/2015 to prepare for the new cost.
ROFLMAO... to think some believe Obama wants to help the poor except he is trying to create more poor.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44704 Jul 12, 2013
The United Kingdom National Health Service has staggered along into its 65th year and continues to provide an excellent example of just how really shitty government-run health care can be, writes J.D. Tuccille at the Reason Hit & Run blog. The NHS hailed as “one of the greatest achievements of civilization on its 65th anniversary may cease to exist in its current form within, a new report has warned.

According to the NHS Confederation, the health service faces “significant financial and demand pressures”, which require a “radical shift” in the way it delivers care. It comes as the Prime Minister, some doctors and leaders heaped praise on the system, the first of its kind anywhere in the world when it launched in 1948. Speaking after Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt announced plans to give every vulnerable elderly person a named medic responsible for their care, David Cameron said:“Of course there are pressures and problems but there is a lot to celebrate.

It has been rocked by the scandal at Stafford Hospital, where some patients were left lying in their urine and excrement for days, as well as claims that the Care Quality Commission covered up failures to investigate the deaths of numerous mothers and babies at Furness General Hospital. As a latter proponent of socialized medicine would say, what difference does it make that it’s such an enormous failure that treatment is literally execrable and that it must eventually collapse of its weight. Particularly when the anointeds’ visions on the road to fiscal perdition were so...
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44706 Jul 12, 2013
For all of those that have may have missed it and wondered how Obamacare will workout IF it's ever fully implemented and we had the single-payer system as so many ignorant retarded no-nothing idiots wanted... well wonder no more!

British National Health Service Going Broke, Doctors Say It’s Worse Than Communist China...

As the U.S. government takes its first faltering steps to implement Obamacare, doctors in Britain are complaining that their country’s £5.6 billion publicly funded National Health Service (NHS) is “worse than Communist China.”

Physicians attending the British Medical Association’s annual conference in Edinburgh said they were fed-up with NHS bureaucrats overriding their medical decisions,“bullying” doctors, and putting money concerns before patient care, according to a June 25 story in the UK Telegraph.

“Not even in Communist China did they have managers overruling doctors in the operation of hospitals and health services,” Dr. Peter Holden, a member of the BMA, is quoted as saying.

But even though British physicians say that NHS bureaucrats are compromising patient care to save money, the government-run healthcare system is about to run out of funds, the Telegraph reported July 5th.

And by 2020, the largest single-payer healthcare system in the world will be running a deficit six times larger than its annual operating budget, forcing the closure of up to 20 percent of Britain’s hospitals, which are already inundated with patients seeking free care.

A recent Telegraph investigation found “ambulance patients waiting up to eight hours” to be transferred to emergency rooms, adding that “the numbers forced to wait at least two hours outside A&Es (Accident & Emergency Centers)“has risen by two thirds in just one year.”

Not all NHS employees are feeling the pinch. A recent contract gives senior hospital staff a 28 percent pay raise while allowing them to refuse to work evenings and weekends, the Telegraph reported.

Click here for Rest Of Story:
http://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/2013/07/10...
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44707 Jul 12, 2013
This is Obama's Boy, King of Rationed Socialized Healthcare, Dr. Donald Berwick Giving at speech on June 8th, 2010 in Great Britain...

"You could have protected the wealthy and the well, instead of recognizing that sick people tend to be poorer and that poor people tend to be sicker and that any health care funding plan that is just, equitable, civilized, and humane must – must – redistribute wealth from the richer among us to the poorer and less fortunate. Excellent healthcare is by definition redistribution. Britain, you chose well.

The only thing that exceeds my admiration for the NHS is my hope for the NHS. I hope that you will never, never give up on what you have begun. I hope that you realize and reaffirm how badly you need, how badly the world needs, an example at scale of a health system that is universal, accessible, excellent and free at the point of care – a health system that is, at its core, like the world that we wish we had: generous, hopeful, confident, joyous and just... well, just until you run out of the other mans money like they have done and now the system is facing bankruptcy just as Obamacare will do to America if it is allowed to be full implemented.

Read the whole lame speech here:
http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stories/2010/...
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44709 Jul 12, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Microsoft has worked closely with U.S. intelligence agencies to allow users' private communications to be "intercepted," according to "top-secret" documents obtained by the Guardian. This reportedly includes assisting the National Security Agency in getting around Microsoft's own encryption.
The 'Microsoft' logo is seen on a tablet screen on December 4, 2012 in Paris. Credit: AFP/Getty Images
The documents were provided to the Guardian by NSA leaker Edward Snowden.
The latest information is being presented as evidence showing the cooperation between Silicon Valley and U.S. intelligence over the last three years. Microsoft's apparent partnership with the NSA and other intelligence agencies also relates back to the NSA's secret "Prism" program.
According to the Guardian, the documents show that:
o Microsoft helped the NSA to circumvent its encryption to address concerns that the agency would be unable to intercept web chats on the new Outlook.com portal;
o The agency already had pre-encryption stage access to email on Outlook.com , including Hotmail;
o The company worked with the FBI this year to allow the NSA easier access via Prism to its cloud storage service SkyDrive, which now has more than 250 million users worldwide;
o Microsoft also worked with the FBI's Data Intercept Unit to "understand" potential issues with a feature in Outlook.com that allows users to create email aliases;
o Skype, which was bought by Microsoft in October 2011, worked with intelligence agencies last year to allow Prism to collect video of conversations as well as audio;
o Material collected through Prism is routinely shared with the FBI and CIA, with one NSA document describing the program as a "team sport"
"When we upgrade or update products we aren't absolved from the need to comply with existing or future lawful demands," Microsoft said in a statement.
"The company reiterated its argument that it provides customer data 'only in response to government demands and we only ever comply with orders for requests about specific accounts or identifiers'," the Guardian reports.
Responding to the public outrage over the extensive spying efforts by the federal government, many of the major tech companies want to disclose the full extent of their partnership with the NSA to quell customer concerns. Unless the government rules otherwise, the companies are not allowed to disclose any information about the secret programs.
Are they messing around with any other email accounts? I think I heard they were messing around both Yahoo and Google.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44710 Jul 12, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Are they messing around with any other email accounts? I think I heard they were messing around both Yahoo and Google.

Yes, all of them as well as all phones and anyway someone may communicate, NSA taps in.
Jesse

United States

#44712 Jul 12, 2013
BOYCOTT WAL*MART
Dr Jones

United States

#44713 Jul 12, 2013
-----Found this on the net and it sure is fitting for Repugs and wantabee Repugs----Especially that dumbazz Packy Drizzle and TAMMY LEW and Doesngiveashit----

Were you born an Azzhole? Or did you work it your whole life?

Either way it worked out fine, cause you’re an Azzhole tonight.

Yes, you’re an A-Z-Z-H-O-L-E

And don’t try to blame it on me

You deserve all the credit, you’re an Azzhole tonight

You were an Azzhole, yesterday

You’re an Azzhole, tonight

And I’ve got a feeling; you will be an Azzhole the rest of your life

And I was talking to your Mother just the other night

I told her, I thought you were an Azzhole

And she said, I think you ‘re right

And all your friends are Azzholes, cause you have known them all your life

And someone told me that you have an Azzhole for a wife

Were you born an Azzhole? Or did you work it your whole life?

Either way it worked out fine, Cause you’re an Azzhole tonight.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44714 Jul 12, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, all of them as well as all phones and anyway someone may communicate, NSA taps in.
Thanks: Well if they are picking thru mine they are probably being put sleep. Same thing if they are doing my phones. If all this is true it really ticks me off. Maybe if red flags were sent up maybe then. But they did not stop the Boston Bombers now did it?

My Junior year in High School we had to read this book "1984". This I think was 1959/1960 and it about scared the crap out of me thinking that our country could turn out that way. The deal was the government had 'Big Brother" watching everyone. All this that you and Doesntmatter are posting about reminds of that book.

All is going well at your end. Posting been some what quiet today. Actually I am a little glad. Well take care and have a safe weekend.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#44715 Jul 12, 2013
Rep. Tom Marino (R-Pa.) in a Thursday radio interviewed revealed he is exploring the potential options that would allow Congress to file civil or criminal charges against members of the Obama administration and even President Barack Obama himself.

Citing the Obama administration's delay in the implementation of the employer mandate found in "Obamacare," Marino told local Scranton, Pa., radio station "94.3 The Talker" that the president continues to show a disregard for the law. He also argued Attorney General Eric Holder is never going to hold the Obama administration accountable.

"If the chief law enforcer of the country [Holder] will not enforce the law," said Marino, "and the president decides to break the law because he doesn't like it, there has to be another mechanism by which we in Congress can ... see if there are criminal charges we can file."

Marino is looking to "investigate, identify and prosecute people within the administration, up to and including the president if it comes to that," according to Sarah Wolf, Marino's spokeswoman.

More from the Huffington Post:

While Marino is a longtime critic of Obama, he maintained that his cry for legal action stemmed not from personal distaste for the president but from a greater respect for the nation's well being. "We're beyond the point of showing that he's incompetent," Marino said. "He really doesn't care about where this country is going unless it's his plan, so we have to step up."

The congressman likened Obama's action to the Watergate scandal, suggesting that a special committee should be established to subpoena and investigate the individuals involved. More specifically, he said, he seeks to find "a part of a statute that says we have the authority to indict."

In the same interview, Marino said he is planning a "brainstorming session with some former prosecutors in Congress about the potential legal measures that can be taken against the Obama administration.

He claims he is not alone in his desire to bring criminal charges against the White House.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44716 Jul 12, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Rep. Tom Marino (R-Pa.) in a Thursday radio interviewed revealed he is exploring the potential options that would allow Congress to file civil or criminal charges against members of the Obama administration and even President Barack Obama himself.
Citing the Obama administration's delay in the implementation of the employer mandate found in "Obamacare," Marino told local Scranton, Pa., radio station "94.3 The Talker" that the president continues to show a disregard for the law. He also argued Attorney General Eric Holder is never going to hold the Obama administration accountable.
"If the chief law enforcer of the country [Holder] will not enforce the law," said Marino, "and the president decides to break the law because he doesn't like it, there has to be another mechanism by which we in Congress can ... see if there are criminal charges we can file."
Marino is looking to "investigate, identify and prosecute people within the administration, up to and including the president if it comes to that," according to Sarah Wolf, Marino's spokeswoman.
More from the Huffington Post:
While Marino is a longtime critic of Obama, he maintained that his cry for legal action stemmed not from personal distaste for the president but from a greater respect for the nation's well being. "We're beyond the point of showing that he's incompetent," Marino said. "He really doesn't care about where this country is going unless it's his plan, so we have to step up."
The congressman likened Obama's action to the Watergate scandal, suggesting that a special committee should be established to subpoena and investigate the individuals involved. More specifically, he said, he seeks to find "a part of a statute that says we have the authority to indict."
In the same interview, Marino said he is planning a "brainstorming session with some former prosecutors in Congress about the potential legal measures that can be taken against the Obama administration.
He claims he is not alone in his desire to bring criminal charges against the White House.
Why are so many getting by with the crap that is going on in this administration.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#44717 Jul 13, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are so many getting by with the crap that is going on in this administration.
It only looks bad if you watch too much FOX News
and listen to hate radio.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44718 Jul 13, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
It only looks bad if you watch too much FOX News
and listen to hate radio.
Funny I don't do either. Oh wait does country music channel count? My favorite singer is from Texas.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#44719 Jul 13, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Why are so many getting by with the crap that is going on in this administration.
Because Obama fixed it to where the fox is watching the hen house. And because Congress will not step up and do its job.

Janet Napolitano is stepping down from DHS. Our first concern should be why and our second concern should be who she'll be replaced with and why.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#44721 Jul 13, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny I don't do either. Oh wait does country music channel count? My favorite singer is from Texas.
That ain't singing they do on the country music channel.
Beer goes with country music. Great culture that.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#44722 Jul 13, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
Physicians attending the British Medical Association’s annual conference in Edinburgh said they were fed-up with NHS bureaucrats overriding their medical decisions,“bullying” doctors, and putting money concerns before patient care, according to a June 25 story in the UK Telegraph.
Physicians should be unhappy and having to work for
what they're worth, not what they think they want.

The NHS is 65 years old. Funny that it's worked this
long and the doctor's have bitched the whole time.
It's good that they're unhappy.

Ours are overpaid.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44723 Jul 13, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
That ain't singing they do on the country music channel.
Beer goes with country music. Great culture that.
OH! NO! Not Beer! Well I listen to 101.9 here. Do say my favorite singer from Texas is not a Country Music Singer? It is better than the POP crap they have out now days! Can't picture you as a Classic Music Guy!
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#44724 Jul 14, 2013
Jurors Find George Zimmerman Not Guilty...

The jury in the George Zimmerman trial has found the former neighborhood watch volunteer not guilty of second-degree murder. He was also found not guilty of the lesser offense of manslaughter, which the jury also weighed. The jury had carefully deliberated until late Saturday night and decided this hero had acted in self-defense against this known thug, Treyvon "Your Dead" Martin.

George Zimmerman, 29, was wrongfully charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Florida thug, Trayvon Obama Martin during an altercation that Treyvon started last year in a Sanford, Fla. gated community. Zimmerman pleaded not guilty, claiming he shot the thug in self-defense and a jury agreed with George Zimmerman and set him free.

The jury panel has been sequestered during the trial with little to no contact to the outside world. Everyone selected to sit on the jury vowed to judge George Zimmerman impartially and based only on the evidence presented in court and not on any of the biased media coverage from the leftwing hack surrounding this case.

July 13th of every year should be a national holiday known as "George Zimmerman Day"
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#44725 Jul 14, 2013
Hearing the verdict for George Zimmerman I was some what surprised. I thought this man had been judged and sentence by the media, the mobs screaming for justice for the Martin kid and President Obama giving his support to the Black mob supporters. No one including the President know what went on between Zimmerman and the Martin Kid but they had judged Zimmerman guilty. Why is this? These mobs of supporters are rioting and destroy innocent people's property. I do not respect this type of action from anyone.

Now I read a story about a young [white] Mother from Schererville, Indiana being killed after got off work for her tips of $85 by 3 Black men.

So why hasn't there been any national Media coverage of the killing of Jacqueline Gardner like there has been for Treyvon Martin?
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#44726 Jul 14, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Hearing the verdict for George Zimmerman I was some what surprised. I thought this man had been judged and sentence by the media, the mobs screaming for justice for the Martin kid and President Obama giving his support to the Black mob supporters. No one including the President know what went on between Zimmerman and the Martin Kid but they had judged Zimmerman guilty. Why is this? These mobs of supporters are rioting and destroy innocent people's property. I do not respect this type of action from anyone.

Now I read a story about a young [white] Mother from Schererville, Indiana being killed after got off work for her tips of $85 by 3 Black men.

So why hasn't there been any national Media coverage of the killing of Jacqueline Gardner like there has been for Treyvon Martin?
Because the race baiters, president and media didnt make it that way.

I watched this entire trial. I did so because I do not like making uninformed opinions based off of media BS. I had seen so much opinion based crap about it before the trial that I didn't know what was true and what was trumped up, so I had no opinion. I can say by day two, a lot of people were wondering if the prosecution was working for the defense. There were some things that didnt make sense in Zimmermans side, but by the time the state was done, they had not proved anything Zimmerman did was illegal and it was obvious that Treyvon instigated a fight and Zimmerman acted in self defense. There was absolutely no evidence that Zimmerman attacked Treyvon, but there was evidence of Treyvon attacking Zimmerman. Everyone, including the black community, the media, and the government, knew before the defense even started that George was going to be found not guilty because 1) the state had no evidence of guilt and 2) the state actually proved the defense right. This was a race baiting case that should have never gone to trial and Holder, Sharpton, Obama, the media and everyone else involved should be absolutely ashamed of what they've done to racially divide this country again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Carl Childers 252,980
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr ChicknButt 88,071
Election Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr positronium 6,491
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Trump WON Get Ove... 107,469
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 18 hr YIM 96,709
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) 21 hr amwaysux 30
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) Nov 28 Chris532008 4,833
More from around the web