OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jesse

United States

#41677 May 27, 2013
Well it's official, Fallin is now a RHINO. The audacity of this Governor to appreciate a visit from the President of the United States after a major natural disaster that devastated parts of her state.. The tea baggers must be frothing at the mouth ready to pounce all over this Governor that is doing whatever she can for her state. To actually act like an adult is something that doesn't sit well with the know nothing tea people. She should be blaming Obama for the tornado since it has to be Obama's fault.
MistyGirl

United States

#41678 May 27, 2013
Please tell me they did the honorable thing and refused any federal aid.
Mandy

United States

#41679 May 27, 2013
That is what I heard. She rejected all federal aid and asked for cash instead.
Justice21

United States

#41680 May 27, 2013
A high school teacher in Batavia, Illinois could be disciplined for informing his students of their Fifth Amendment rights before administering a survey school officials was intended to gauge their emotional needs.
The Batavia Daily Herald reported on May 25 that social studies instructor John Dryden advised students of their right not to incriminate themselves before giving them a “screener” survey on April 18 that had each student’s name printed on it.
“I made a judgment call,” Dryden told the Herald.“There was no time to ask anyone.”
Dryden could reportedly be issued a “letter of remedy,” which would stay in his employment record. The Kane County Chronicle reported on May 25 that officials did not confirm whether Dryden will face a hearing during the local school board meeting on Tuesday.
Brad Newkirk, chief academic officer for Batavia Public School District 101, told the Herald that the survey, asked students about their emotions and use of alcohol, drugs and tobacco, and that the answers would be reviewed by social workers and school counselors and psychologists. The district bought the survey from a private company, Multi-Health Systems Inc, and did not provide a copy, saying it contained proprietary business information.
Stephen

United States

#41681 May 27, 2013
There is no such thing as proprietary business information for a school board. They are doing the public's business. To menace a teacher for teaching constitutional rights is terrorism and deserves punishment.
Dan o

United States

#41682 May 27, 2013
Heck, this teacher and his kids now know more about the constitution than the teatards. I'd say this is a good thing...
Mandy

United States

#41683 May 27, 2013
If he informed them of their rigt to bare arms, it would have ok.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#41684 May 27, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Poor Jesse

Letting Obama Derangement Syndrome rule your life.

Let me show you something:

Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregan said this during a hearing on the IRS targeting of conservative groups last Tuesday, conservatives thought he justifying what the IRS did:

WYDEN: For me, the basic proposition is simple. Notwithstanding the troubling and unacceptable conduct of the IRS, if political organizations do not want to be scrutinized by the government, they shouldn't seek privileges like tax-free status and anonymity for their donors. To argue otherwise is to advantage tax cheats to the detriment of law-abiding Americans.

Clearly, they didn't pay attention to the first part of what Wyden said—that it was "unacceptable" for the IRS to expose certain political groups to more scrutiny then others on the basis of what they believe.

But the second part of what he said is unassailable. 501(c)(4) is not a right, it's a privilege.

You're not simply entitled to it—you need to meet certain criteria, and the IRS is responsible for enforcing those criteria. If you don't like it, either change the law or don't apply for 501(c)(4) status.

But while no group should be targeted because of what they believe, the inverse is also true: No group should be given a free pass simply because of what they believe.

Just as it was wrong for the IRS to use political ideology in its targeting criteria, it is wrong for conservatives to believe their groups should get special breaks to which no one else is entitled.

Plain english so you can understand:

Tea Party broke the rules.

The got picked out for extra review.

The extra review was wrong when there are so many big interest groups breaking the laws that didn't get the extra attention.

End Result:

They all should lose the political advocacy and keep their 501(c)3 status or quit the 501(c)3 and keep political. End of story.

You can't have it both ways.
Just skip her posts. She's posting crap from progressive slum blogs. Why? Because she's uninformed and can't make her own argument for it. Hard to do when you won't even read the report much less look at the questions that were asked. Tea Party and other orgs broke no rules. The IG and Obama and IRS have all 3 agreed that these 3 orgs were unfairly targeted.
BlueBird

United States

#41685 May 27, 2013
I think all the teachers and faculty who DIDN'T advise students of their rights should be censured.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#41686 May 27, 2013
Jesse wrote:
Well it's official, Fallin is now a RHINO. The audacity of this Governor to appreciate a visit from the President of the United States after a major natural disaster that devastated parts of her state.. The tea baggers must be frothing at the mouth ready to pounce all over this Governor that is doing whatever she can for her state. To actually act like an adult is something that doesn't sit well with the know nothing tea people. She should be blaming Obama for the tornado since it has to be Obama's fault.
Nope. I'm glad to see he finally did something and acted like a President should. Been decades since we've seen that.
TAMARA

United States

#41687 May 27, 2013
Clearly a First Amendment violation if the teacher is sanctioned.
Jimbo

United States

#41688 May 27, 2013
In other words "Teacher may face disciplinary action for teaching Constitution in a public school."
Packing Heat

United States

#41689 May 27, 2013
The fact that the teacher "may" face disciplinary action for informing students of their basic rights should be revealing enough as to the agenda of this educational institution.
Steve

United States

#41690 May 27, 2013
Were the parents advised that their children were going to be required to divulge intimate details of their personal lives to school administrators?

I know from personal experience that it is the nature of many school administrators to never admit that they made an error in judgement and to punish and persecute teachers and students who question their decisions and/or challenge their absolute authority.
DoesntMatter

United States

#41691 May 27, 2013
Let's get this straight: a social studies teacher was using a real life situation to teach about the constitution and how it protects the rights of human citizens...and was reprimanded for doing so.

Our education system is so incredibly screwed up.
Jangles

United States

#41692 May 27, 2013
It's not just a 'survey' if the answers will be reviewed by Psychologists, Counselors and Social Workers.
Dawn

United States

#41693 May 27, 2013
This is ridiculous Mr Dryden was doing his job as a teacher and educator, advising students that they have the RIGHT not incriminate themselves. This is complete bullchit and outrageous. I was more than happy to sign the petition.Reprimanding the educator for educating students. If this doesn't beat all.
Zane

United States

#41694 May 27, 2013
Those pesky Constitutional rights can be rather pernicious in 2013 Amerika. Better discipline that teacher!
Marcus

United States

#41695 May 27, 2013
Badges? They don't need no stinkin' badges to probes students and violate their Constitutional rights. The hell with the parents too, kids are equal to convicts.when it comes to treatment.
Donnie

United States

#41696 May 27, 2013
Force students to admit to criminal activity under the guise of mental health and then punish a teacher for informing his students of the existence of the Constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 33 min The WB 84,251
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 45 min Pork 92,111
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 47 min Uncle Tab 239,658
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 105,929
Election Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 25 Have a Koch and a... 748
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... (Oct '14) Aug 25 So Stupid 53
Election Who's got your vote in the Pennsylvania Attorne... (Oct '14) Aug 21 Julia 5
More from around the web