Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant dolt, my pool stays full year round and has a heater on it and I use it as well as my Hot Tub regardless what month it is but... then again I have a real big saferoom too fully stocked again as of yesterday (because my friends drank all the beer and eat all the snacks during this last go around).
==========
The idea as originally posted called for metal connected in some kind of accordion configuration or could be beams that could come out from sides fixed with metal covers, maybe in a fan shape to make a durable top. Most here drain pool for winter and for maintenance.

The idea was to get some thinking started on improving ideas or coming up with new or innovative ways to provide shelter from tornadoes. But it looks like this forum is not the place to solicit ideas for shelters.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine if you want to drain your pool all the time but what about 'saving' our water resources (beside your wallet) or is that just if your a conservative and it doesn't apply to liberals?
==========
Water conservation concern is a fair comment. I used to tell my students it is okay to criticize but then offer some solutions.

There are those who talk about people, those who talk about things, and those who talk about ideas. I am interested in the higher level which is the latter. Guess coming up with ideas is too boring. This has nothing to do with political persuasions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, common sense wins the debate again! Our pool is full all year round and is heated. When using the heat we have to add water all the time which annoys me but since it's the law of nature regarding evaporation I just live with it....
==========
Not a debate, but rather a search for ideas.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
The idea as originally posted called for metal connected in some kind of accordion configuration or could be beams that could come out from sides fixed with metal covers, maybe in a fan shape to make a durable top. Most here drain pool for winter and for maintenance.
The idea was to get some thinking started on improving ideas or coming up with new or innovative ways to provide shelter from tornadoes. But it looks like this forum is not the place to solicit ideas for shelters.
No don't misunderstand me but all my friends with pools do like my wife and I do so I don't know how effective your idea would be. Putting it out into the public arena maybe someone will see your idea and jump for joy. Might want to patent whatever invention you've dreamed up don't want to miss out on the profit side! Saving lives while making moola is a sweet deal!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Do the digging for pool at same time you dig for pool if you don't want pool and shelter combined. And as I was saying to No Heat, who has criticism but NO ideas for improving anything nor new ideas, don't fill pool until late May or June if shelter is part of pool, or shelter could be dedicated part of pool that is separate from the water. Like a deck for the pool that allows access to dedicated shelter beneath.
May work. I know very little about construction even though I have 2 sons that do it. I just know I heard people making commits after the tornado that went thru Peidmont saying that they wish they had put in a storm cellar or safe room instead of the pool. They said if they had only known they would have know that they would have to go thru a tornado they would have. That sounds stupid to me. Know one knows if they will have to live thru one or not. But chance are pretty high that you might.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Water conservation concern is a fair comment. I used to tell my students it is okay to criticize but then offer some solutions.
There are those who talk about people, those who talk about things, and those who talk about ideas. I am interested in the higher level which is the latter. Guess coming up with ideas is too boring. This has nothing to do with political persuasions.
Hey be fair I haven't thought about a swimming pool as a tornado shelter so as far as having diagrams for an idea is way too premature. Don't know how creative I'd be, like I said the concept is new to me, lol.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========

Well right now was time for bash Obama and Justaminute for the damage they both have brought upon America and Oklahoma and since we are not building them today, let reschedule a better time to discuss. I will certainly be interest in donating to such a cause as to have shelter in every neighborhood in America that has Tornado problems. Since the season is almost ober now, let's stay focused on getting Obama impeached and out of office and his Henchmen in prison first.

Then I will be happy to discuss the idea of shelter for all that need them and I'm will to put money in the pot to get it going.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Not a debate, but rather a search for ideas.
I hear you, but right now I don't have a freakin clue. If and when a light bulb goes on, I sure let you know.
Flyfart

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Public schools are un-safe,if parents realy cared about their kids they would homeschool.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
No don't misunderstand me but all my friends with pools do like my wife and I do so I don't know how effective your idea would be. Putting it out into the public arena maybe someone will see your idea and jump for joy. Might want to patent whatever invention you've dreamed up don't want to miss out on the profit side! Saving lives while making moola is a sweet deal!
==========
It's not so much whether my idea will work as it is how can it be improved if you think it will not work or what do you think is a good way to enhance security for residents who live in tornado plagued area beyond the traditional ways?
DoesntMatter

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>Well right now was time for bash Obama and Justaminute for the damage they both have brought upon America and Oklahoma and since we are not building them today, let reschedule a better time to discuss. I will certainly be interest in donating to such a cause as to have shelter in every neighborhood in America that has Tornado problems. Since the season is almost ober now, let's stay focused on getting Obama impeached and out of office and his Henchmen in prison first.

Then I will be happy to discuss the idea of shelter for all that need them and I'm will to put money in the pot to get it going.
BREAKING: Eric Holder arrests self for perjury, grants himself bail, acquits himself. Candy Crowley applauds effectiveness of DOJ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well right now was time for bash Obama and Justaminute for the damage they both have brought upon America and Oklahoma and since we are not building them today, let reschedule a better time to discuss. I will certainly be interest in donating to such a cause as to have shelter in every neighborhood in America that has Tornado problems. Since the season is almost ober now, let's stay focused on getting Obama impeached and out of office and his Henchmen in prison first.
==========the ==========
Okay, I'll move on to Bill Nye board, but you're spinning your wheels and wasting your time trying to get rid of Obama. He ain't going nowhere and gets stronger the more you folks attack him.
Marcus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
You intelligent man, my wading pool stays full year round and has a heater on it and I use it as well as my baby's Tub regardless what month it is but... then again I have a real big outhouse too fully stocked again as of yesterday (because my friends drank all the rootbeer and et all the meth during this last go around).
Did you buy this wading pool and outhouse with your welfare check?
Packing Heat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Packing Heat wrote:
Any posts using my screen name that does not bear the "Vinita, Ok" location under my name,
I DID NOT POST IT!
The village idiot posted what ever nonsense it may be, lol.
Packing heat is an inmate at the Vinita mental hospital!!!
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

FAKE Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you buy this wading pool and outhouse with your welfare check?
Karen, how's the restaurant business on May ave in OKC? Electric working or are you plugged into the neighbors with an extension cord?
Zane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Packing Heat gets a "sexual thrill" every time he bashes Obama.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

FAKE Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Packing heat is an inmate at the Vinita mental hospital!!!
Your the only one posting under everyone else's usernames so I guess the only 'mental' one is you. Give it a rest, My God, no one is fooled!
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
BREAKING: Eric Holder arrests self for perjury, grants himself bail, acquits himself. Candy Crowley applauds effectiveness of DOJ.
Obama hold press conference giving himself credit since he appointed Holder with the task of investigating himself. Chris Matthews leg begins to tingle.

Overcome with relief of stress, justaminute pees herself...
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

FAKE Zane wrote:
<quoted text>
Packing Heat gets a "sexual thrill" every time he bashes Obama.
Karen control yourself.
Zane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

“You shouldn’t be able to call me privileged/misogynist/azzhole/ bigot just because I disagree with you!”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,341 - 40,360 of71,057
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••