Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's a stupid question.
Municipalities, school districts and etc mostly don't carry
insurance. They self-insure.
Who could possibly imagine that a tornado would
strike Moore Oklahoma. We don't need no stinking
insurance. They don't call 'em Okies for nothing.
Yes, it's a stupid question and even more ridiculous when you understand that schools, municipalities, large corporations all take advantage of self insurance program which can be customized by insurance actuaries and risk management calculations that tabulate a combination of self/commercial insurance to have adequate coverage. Complete self insurance is very rare since the cost of a earthquake, tornado or other catastrophic event exceeds a calculable risk do to the unpredictability of the event. Most catastrophic events are covered by commercial insurances with a designed deductible to reduce cost.

I would suggest these schools were most probably covered by a combination of commercial/self insurance.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Tio Mio your a dumb hombre all right...
Now who could you be with your shiny new name...that you got off a Tex-Mex TV dinner...LOL
I'd call this anti-Hispanic so justaliar has more intolerances than Christians, hetrosexuals and patriotic Americans, Pro-Israeli organizations.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't all you are talking about be at the expense of the taxpayer? Wouldn't be government jobs or jobs being contracted out thru the government? If so I think most taxpayers have enough burden to bare already.
Our government putting Americans to work is NOT a waste of our taxpayer money. It's how much money is wasted in the process to put them to work that is.

I never have been able to find any info on just how much money is spent in that process. That tells me either the government doesn't know or it is classified.

Here's a challenge for everyone. Go to grants.gov and find the most ridiculous waste of taxpayers money you can find.

There is a abuse of taxpayer money I would like to report for the month of May. One of our NASA Astronauts floating around the international space station, lip singing and pretending to play a guitar.

When I saw that all I could see was OUR tax dollars floating out in space.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Tio wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, puta you a bigot against Hispanics?
This is how 'Tio' responded to justaliar's anti-Hispanic post...hilariously funny and so appropriate.

Finally someone immediately calling her out on her biased, intolerance rants.

Welcome to the board Tio! In my opinion you have justaliar figured to a 'T'. Well done my man well done indeed!
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
Gee, Tio, nows the time that you tards to start posting all the stuff under other people's name since I placed a post...Maybe Sir Brags Alot Packing Heat really went to bed since it's usually him...
LMAO, Packing Heat your gonna love this one, hahahahahaha! Justaliar is accusing Tio of being you!

Damn I wish I hadn't missed this last night more laughs than a Dennis Miller Show, lol.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Our government putting Americans to work is NOT a waste of our taxpayer money. It's how much money is wasted in the process to put them to work that is.
I never have been able to find any info on just how much money is spent in that process. That tells me either the government doesn't know or it is classified.
Here's a challenge for everyone. Go to grants.gov and find the most ridiculous waste of taxpayers money you can find.
There is a abuse of taxpayer money I would like to report for the month of May. One of our NASA Astronauts floating around the international space station, lip singing and pretending to play a guitar.
Better yet go online and see how wastefull the stimulus money was spent. Not just here in Oklahoma but by every state.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
A Hispanic for the Repubs...are you a self hating Hispanic...like the Log Cabin Repubs...lol
Even the Hispanic Republican that was in charge of Hispanic Outreach quit the party and became a Democrat. Did you miss that last week? You know that was when a big Republican mag and online site came out with the story of how Hispanics were mentally inferior...
Race baiting? What a vile evil female you are justaliar.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say when it is private contractors getting the money and making big profits and paying Mexican low wages to do the work and gets away with it because most white American will not work those kind of jobs yes I would say the taxpayers are getting screwed. I actually did not see that big of improvement getting people off unemployment with all the stimulus money being given out by the government. The job market is still not that good.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you will certainly hear about the bridge coming down, since it's in Washington state.
Oh, I didn't think you were Packing Hater...I just remarked that he must have been in bed..
But you sure do catch the wingnut meme on this board pretty quickly for a new person....
After abusing this Hispanic man every way she can and she realizes he is ignoring her then she claims she really didn't think he was Packing Heat all along and tried (without success I might add) to lie about what she had posted earlier....does any of this sound familiar?

Tio, my man I salute you! You handled justaliar with finesse and with ease of a pest control professional eradicating a infestation.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's a stupid question.
Municipalities, school districts and etc mostly don't carry
insurance. They self-insure.
Who could possibly imagine that a tornado would
strike Moore Oklahoma. We don't need no stinking
insurance. They don't call 'em Okies for nothing.
I know the school I worked for had insurance. Now I never gave it a thought at the time with whom they had it with. But I do know the school system I worked for would have adjusters look at the damages and get paid for that claim. The they would do the repairs as cheaply as possible and usually had janitors do the job and get very little extra pay and the money was spent some where else.
DoesntMatter

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Moore schools are not self insured. Moore schools and the City of Moore are insured by an insurance company in this state that also insures a lot of the other schools and municipalities in this state.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. There is information available on the so called green energy jobs that Obama claimed was such a good idea. These companies received mega millions of loan guarantees which all was supposed to produced jobs for America. Didn't happen. The companies jobs creation is a net loss in most cases and those jobs that lasted a few weeks or even months cost the taxpayer millions of dollars per job.

Can't make this stuff up. Terrible waste of taxpayers money but Obama did repay some of the people who supported him for president the first time around.
DoesntMatter

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I would say when it is private contractors getting the money and making big profits and paying Mexican low wages to do the work and gets away with it because most white American will not work those kind of jobs yes I would say the taxpayers are getting screwed. I actually did not see that big of improvement getting people off unemployment with all the stimulus money being given out by the government. The job market is still not that good.
That's because most of the jobs added to the economy have been government jobs. The government does not generate income. For any positive effect to happen, the private sector would need to produce its own jobs.
MistyGirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Better yet go online and see how wastefull the stimulus money was spent. Not just here in Oklahoma but by every state.
Good morning! I trust you are well and your husband?
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

DoesntMatter wrote:
Moore schools are not self insured. Moore schools and the City of Moore are insured by an insurance company in this state that also insures a lot of the other schools and municipalities in this state.
Misty posted some info about risk management and how schools, cities and corporations handle insurance coverage. She's really smart so I would believe something she posted over anything justaliar would claim!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning! I trust you are well and your husband?
We are good. How about you?
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I would say when it is private contractors getting the money and making big profits and paying Mexican low wages to do the work and gets away with it because most white American will not work those kind of jobs yes I would say the taxpayers are getting screwed. I actually did not see that big of improvement getting people off unemployment with all the stimulus money being given out by the government. The job market is still not that good.
WE were in a major employment tale spin then, so it is hard to say just how many jobs it effected.

I know it seemed to me that a lot of states were more concerned about politics than putting the money to good use. Take Oklahoma for example, they were against taking the funds to begin with, so when they decided to finally accept the money did they spend it correctly, or did they blow it to prove just how big of a waste it is.

Just so you know; the politically correct term is Hispanic not Mexican. The workers you are referring to are from Central America and South America not just Mexico.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Misty posted some info about risk management and how schools, cities and corporations handle insurance coverage. She's really smart so I would believe something she posted over anything justaliar would claim!
I just remember a private insurance agent coming to the school and filling out a loss report for the claims. I don't remember what companies it was. This when my boys where in grade school and junior hi.
Marcus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Justaminute wrote:
Plus, Tio Mio, that won't be on the front pages tomorrow. This bridge with people on it came crashing down...and it needed repairs...but Repubs sure hated to have any funds for infrastructure... or the jobs that would come with it. Maybe you should get your jollies from reading about that.
Hey, justanut this post is a lie. The bridge rating is easy to find on line and was IN COMPLIANCE when the incident happened yesterday evening and what actually happened was a oversize load hit several girders causing the bridge to collapse!

Again attacking Tio over your own laziness? Your whole attack is done under a false premise. Your post on the Washington State bridge is like most of the crap you post all bullshit!
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. There is information available on the so called green energy jobs that Obama claimed was such a good idea. These companies received mega millions of loan guarantees which all was supposed to produced jobs for America. Didn't happen. The companies jobs creation is a net loss in most cases and those jobs that lasted a few weeks or even months cost the taxpayer millions of dollars per job.
Can't make this stuff up. Terrible waste of taxpayers money but Obama did repay some of the people who supported him for president the first time around.
For me it is also another example of our money be use to innovate, only to have China steal the technology and take jobs away that was meant to be for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,181 - 40,200 of62,145
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••