OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#40624 May 21, 2013
You're all here arguing over who should get federal money. The answer is NO ONE. Get off the government teet and stop looking to the federal government. If everyone today had done what Misty did there would be no need for FEMA.
Susan

United States

#40626 May 21, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you would agree that we can't afford another war. And the Suez Canal is still open for right now, so it looks like we went with the lesser of two evils.
The main reason Muslims hate us is because we go to their part of the world and kill them and sometimes for no good reason such as Iraq. Wouldn't it be nice to have the money we spent on that useless war, and more importantly 4000 U.S. lives back.
I believe the best thing for the U.S. and the Middle East is peace, and right now at least Egypt is more peaceful than not.
Not that I think I could even begin to answer for MistyGirl but I would say our foreign policy is a failure in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iran and now Iraq is turning back to violence perpetrated by Al Qaida. We completely alienated the new President of Libya by saying and claiming a made up story about Benghazi when the President of Libya was very forthcoming and told the truth, our "government" hung him out to dry publicly in front of the world for months. That's why he wouldn't allow the FBI to come into the country for several weeks to investigate the evidence in Benghazi. Not building good will with that fiasco!
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40627 May 21, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you. It is time to pull our reins in tight and let Egypt and all rest of these countries fund their own up risings. I am sick of this country being broke while we fund these countries that will never change and will never have peace within themselves. I am sick of our people loosing their lives and being harmed body and soul for those countries causes. Then this country can not take care of their own when it is needed for any reason.
As far as some thinking that Oklahoma treated Obama so shabby and now he is being the bigger person is crap. No matter what he was voted to be the President for 'ALL THE PEOPLE' no matter what!
You can't take credit for,
"Obama is the President for all the People".

Mitt Romney already has used it.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40628 May 21, 2013
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I think I could even begin to answer for MistyGirl but I would say our foreign policy is a failure in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iran and now Iraq is turning back to violence perpetrated by Al Qaida. We completely alienated the new President of Libya by saying and claiming a made up story about Benghazi when the President of Libya was very forthcoming and told the truth, our "government" hung him out to dry publicly in front of the world for months. That's why he wouldn't allow the FBI to come into the country for several weeks to investigate the evidence in Benghazi. Not building good will with that fiasco!
Magarief did nothing to protect our people even though he was warned well in advance by our people that things were getting volatile.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40629 May 21, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke. True, but still a joke.
Susan

United States

#40630 May 21, 2013
He just became the president of Libya on the 12th in a country of political chaos what did you expect? Surely you can figure that extra care and security would be necessary? Canada and Britain figured out how to keep their people safe are we so stupid we couldn't figure that out as well?
Susan

United States

#40631 May 21, 2013
Time for me to call it a nite, work tomorrow,
G-nite.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40632 May 21, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
You're all here arguing over who should get federal money. The answer is NO ONE. Get off the government teet and stop looking to the federal government. If everyone today had done what Misty did there would be no need for FEMA.
I agree, except for SNAP it is a great program for Oklahoma and the U.S. economy. We also need federal highway funds, there is no way we could foot the bill for that. Oh, and don't forget education. We can't pay for that by ourselves either.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40633 May 21, 2013
What did he do? Go on vacation after he became President. He probably saw it go down from his window. Aljazeera reported that there was plenty of police and military in the area. It's not like our consulate was out in the middle of nowhere.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#40634 May 21, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is taking credit? Long before Mitt Romney I was taught that the president was for the best interest of all the people, not just for the people that voted for him! I do donot care if Obama or anyone else is in the White House. So maybe Romney borrowed that from my generation. Think about that one!
Tio

United States

#40635 May 21, 2013
SNAP is not a great program when it feeds illegals and their families. To say it doesn't is a lie. We can no longer afford to take more from America's Middle class, our middle class is disappearing and our poor is growing.

Time someone started working on getting people JOBS. We have people under employed or working in service jobs who are college grads with years of experience in their fields.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40636 May 21, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Who is taking credit? Long before Mitt Romney I was taught that the president was for the best interest of all the people, not just for the people that voted for him! I do donot care if Obama or anyone else is in the White House. So maybe Romney borrowed that from my generation. Think about that one!
What is wrong with a little humor? But if you want to be technical, the only president that was for all the people was Washington. He was the only one who received all the electoral votes. Think about that one!
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40637 May 21, 2013
Tio wrote:
SNAP is not a great program when it feeds illegals and their families. To say it doesn't is a lie. We can no longer afford to take more from America's Middle class, our middle class is disappearing and our poor is growing.
Time someone started working on getting people JOBS. We have people under employed or working in service jobs who are college grads with years of experience in their fields.
Good points. How do you feel about legal immigration?
Tio

United States

#40638 May 21, 2013
The 'key' to your question is LEGAL. We should be a nation of laws which our DOJ should enforce but doesn't in fact our DOJ was involved in Fast & Furious, our Homeland Security forced ICE to release felon's back into our communities and our State Department and White House has weaved such a tangled web of lies on Benghazi, which is slowly unraveling to the point you almost feel sorry for Jay Carney whose background is as a reporter/news chief and his credibility has taken such a hit that you look at him twisting and turning in news conferences and you have to shake your head. Not a pretty sight. Then we can't forget the IRS debacle which is blowing up into a very damaging scandal...oh and by the way have you heard about the AP and FOX News and reporter James Rosen scandal?

How does anyone feel confident with what has happened with our country?

Btw, did you see the hearings with Shulman, Miller and the IG today? The negative is adding up at a alarming rate!
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40639 May 21, 2013
To many issues to handle at one time.
Tio

United States

#40640 May 21, 2013
Susan wrote:
He just became the president of Libya on the 12th in a country of political chaos what did you expect? Surely you can figure that extra care and security would be necessary? Canada and Britain figured out how to keep their people safe are we so stupid we couldn't figure that out as well?
Your right he was sworn in on the 11th or 12th and this happened on the 9/11/12 you would have thought the date would have been a clue....

Both Canadians and British decided it was too dangerous to keep their respective ambassadors and staff in Libya, so they removed them. Canadians and British didn't fail their people. Our State Department has a lot to answer for which we haven't heard about yet.
Tio

United States

#40641 May 21, 2013
So What wrote:
To many issues to handle at one time.
Hmmmm, well it might work if no one pays much attention to what's going on. I guess that would be as good of a excuse than any Jay Carney has come up with so far!
Justice

United States

#40642 May 21, 2013
Obama's Administration a brief synopsis:

Obama- the CEO who "knows nothing."

Biden- gaff a minute, open mouth insert foot.

Hillary Clinton- "had no knowledge."

Leon Panetta- "had no information."

Eric Holder- "I don't know, I have no knowledge."

Douglas Shulman- "I had no knowledge of."

Steven Miller- "I don't know, I don't remember."

Then in Tuesday Hearing Steven Miller comes clean and admits he knew about the targeting and that there was a list.

Wednesday Hearing- Lois Lerner is scheduled to testified but her attorney requested she not be required to appear since she will answer all questions by invoking the 5th amendment.

Is anyone in America paying attention to this? Where is the accountability?
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40643 May 22, 2013
Tio wrote:
You will be happy to know that since 2007 over a million illegal immigrants have left our country, but it hasn't seemed to have helped our college grads with JOBS. I believe one issue that people are over looking is LEGAL immigration. We had almost 500,000 new arrivals in 2011. Guess whose jobs they are taking?
If you guessed the illegals that have left you would be wrong.

I believe that all immigration should be stopped until we can get our JOBS problems straightened out, but high tech business doesn't want that to happen. They believe that our college grads are not prepared to go to work for them. They don't want sociology and phycology majors. They need engineers and physicists. The key to our problems is education.

Our politicians take every opportunity to turn their backs on what is most important. Why because education is not entertaining. All these scandals are the entertainment.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#40645 May 22, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with a little humor? But if you want to be technical, the only president that was for all the people was Washington. He was the only one who received all the electoral votes. Think about that one!
When a President takes office whether he be democrat or republican he is in office for everyone! So Obama should not just be for the people except the people that are registered Republican. So what you are saying if you are Demo or Muslim in this country then you are screwed? I donot care if it is the state of Oklahoma or Illinois and any in between or to either side he the President for all whether those states carried him or not!
Just a little humor going here!
Think about this one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 105,079
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Serendipity412 126,678
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 hr thomas j 35,557
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Arkansas's ... (Oct '14) 16 hr Carla B 19
Election Who are you voting for in the Kansas Governor r... (Oct '14) Sun One4one 42
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) Fri SadLife 110,439
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Indiana's 8... (Nov '14) Jun 22 no1treeman 19