OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Dr Jones

Orange, TX

#40574 May 21, 2013
"Wrong -runway" Jim Inhofe should fund the Oklahoma relief with a cut to oil company subsidies.
JAG

Orange, TX

#40575 May 21, 2013
How do Okies like their senators now... They'll all get wood caskets for their children rather then metal, they'll be planted 4 feet deep rather then 6, and when they build new schools, they'll look like the ones down in Mexico rather then made for US kids.... That will show those big government types. The lack of compassion....
TAMARA

Orange, TX

#40576 May 21, 2013
Let's speak plainly, Oklahoma already receives $1.48 for each dollar Oklahoma sends in to the federal government. So, Oklahoma is already receiving far more than it's share of federal government money. It is not fair to ask other states to give even more to Oklahoma in federal money. Oklahoma needs to decide what money it is already receiving to offset the federal aid it will need for this tornado, just as their elected leaders in Congress demand.
Mandy

Orange, TX

#40577 May 21, 2013
Sens. Jim Inhofe and Tom Coburn were not the only Oklahoma congressmen to deny disaster assistance to other states in the time of need. Oklahoma's two freshman congressmen, Jim Bridenstine and Markwayne Mullin voted against emergency relief for flood victims in the northeast United States in 2012.

With these stand up gentlemen leading the way, I am sure that Oklahoma is more than capable of pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps without federal assistance. Right?
Dempsey

Orange, TX

#40578 May 21, 2013
The WHOLE okie delegation to DC blocked or voted against Hurricane Sandy relief EXCEPT Tom Cole who represents Moore....They all need to be skewered by their constituents... That gov fallon is a nasty piece of career politician as well!
Jesse

United States

#40579 May 21, 2013
FAKE Donnie wrote:
Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe, who wanted to slash Hurricane Sandy recovery funding, said on Tuesday that aid for his state would look different in the wake of a devastating tornado.
“Let’s look at that, that was totally different,” Inhofe (R-Okla.) said on MSNBC on Tuesday when asked about his Sandy position.“They were getting things — for instance that was supposed to be in New Jersey, they had things in the Virgin Islands, they were fixing roads there, they were putting roofs on houses in Washington, D.C., everyone was getting in and exploiting the tragedy taking place.”
His comments came a day after a massive and deadly tornado struck his state. Inhofe pledged that relief for Oklahoma wouldn’t look like the Sandy funding, which he said last year resembled a “slush fund.”
“That won’t happen in Oklahoma,” he continued on Tuesday.
Come on jutaliar post under your own name, geez!
Justic

Orange, TX

#40580 May 21, 2013
New York Rep. Peter King on Tuesday said he’s willing to overlook the “hypocrisy” of lawmakers who opposed aid for his state in the wake of Superstorm Sandy but might support funding for tornado-stricken Oklahoma.
“I think there’s a lot of hypocrisy involved here,[Sen. James] Inhofe saying Sandy aid was corrupt but Oklahoma won’t be,” King (R-N.Y.) told POLITICO.“But I don’t want to hold the people of Oklahoma responsible for what elected officials are saying, for the husband and wife without a home, for the people who lost all their worldly possessions.”

King, who stressed that he wasn’t looking for a fight, emphasized that aid should be provided to Oklahoma — which sustained a deadly tornado on Monday — without the requirement of budgetary offsets.
MistyGirl

Orange, TX

#40581 May 21, 2013
Republicans are always for cuts, unless it affects them. The biggest whiners about taxes and spending are the red welfare states and their representatives.
Packing Heat

Orange, TX

#40582 May 21, 2013
Exactly. Every Red state get's a net benefit from Federal dollars spent, except for Texas. Net provider states are blue.
Marcus

Orange, TX

#40583 May 21, 2013
How about this- raise everyone's taxes by whatever we need to help out our fellow Americans when they have a serious need.
Jesse

United States

#40584 May 21, 2013
Justaliar since you just posted under everyone's username why don't you share with us how much food you and your husband Ray sent to the good people of Moore?

Perry's Restaurant in OKC on May Ave., you know the one owned by Ray and Karen Janbaz?
Zane

Orange, TX

#40585 May 21, 2013
That would never pass because the taker states (i.e all the Red states except Texas) know that would cut into their profits. They b*tch and whine like little girls about how horrible Federal spending is, yet if they really were to secede they'd realize the gravy they're on has come to and end, and they'd be bumming beer money from the blue states within a week.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#40586 May 21, 2013
MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand behind my post as I always do. I understand what WMCOL is saying I have posted with him now for some time so I know 'why' he has that opinion.
I'm simply pointing out the fallacy of his premise since our(USA) federal tax dollars are all sent to Washington for dispersal where the need arises, whether the need be in Martha's Vineyard or Moore, Oklahoma.
But FEMA is out of money, and both our senators voted against Hurricane Sandy funding, And we pay less federal taxes than we receive in funding. Sounds like we expect special treatment.
Are we a charity case now. We just cut our own state taxes. Surely we didn't think another disaster couldn't happen to us.
Jesse

Orange, TX

#40587 May 21, 2013
Disaster relief aid to OK can be paid for by cutting military appropriations to Oklahoma military bases Ft. Sill and Tinker AFB.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#40588 May 21, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
We had something called a Line Item Veto Act that would have stopped pork barrel bills that you are referring too. But it was found to be illegal sometime in the 90's.

The point was 85 percent of that bill was pork spending that had nothing to do with Hurricane Sandy relief which was considered an emergency bill. The damn Democrats screwed it up by adding all the bullshit that had nothing to do with the bill and then wanted to blame Republicans of a false charge of not caring for those folks in need.

So I am not interested in the typical progressive liberal tricks of spin the conversation to something that had nothing to do with the discussion. That was the scumbags in the Democrat Controlled Senate thought they would pull a fast one and Republicans showed them the ridiculous spending is over.

Line Item Veto had nothing to do with nor would it have been worth the paper it is written on since Obama was in favor of all the money he can screw the taxpayer out of and he has proved that with the $6 Trillion + he has pissed out the window paying off all his cronies that helped get him elected. The damn bastard should be tried, convicted and sent to Gitmo to be executed for his crimes against America.
Dano

Orange, TX

#40589 May 21, 2013
The whole concept that the Federal government is in danger of running out of money any time soon is just bunk anyway. The GOP knows this. That's why Cheney said "deficits don't matter." Cheney wasn't correct (surprise surprise!)... because deficits CAN matter... when they start to cause inflation. But our inflation has been UNDER the 2% target for YEARS now!!! And the Republicans know this too! That's why they say the CPI OVERESTIMATES inflation.. and they want to use chained CPI instead (which is lower).
Dempsey

Orange, TX

#40590 May 21, 2013
t's only pork when it helps 'the other guy'...clean bill when it helps me.:)
Jimbo

Orange, TX

#40591 May 21, 2013
This is GOD'S wrath upon the Oklahomans and their hate spewing, greedy politicians! Sorry couldn't resist...
Dawn

Orange, TX

#40592 May 21, 2013
Two dirt bags arguing over which one is the bigger dirt bag. Just Republicans acting normal, nothing new here.
Audrey

Orange, TX

#40593 May 21, 2013
Ok! How about no aid to Ok! Donations from people will do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Jay 223,139
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 23 min Miss Gurl 68,911
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr mEAT me in st louie 104,092
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Time of madness 88,789
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr jeb stuart 78,861
Election Who's got your vote in the California State Tre... (Oct '14) 8 hr Divided we fall 4
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 11 hr sid 989
More from around the web