OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

tie

Ireland

#39768 May 13, 2013
CitizenTopix wrote:
The Oklahoma Health Care Freedom Amendment is on the November 2, 2010 ballot in the state of Oklahoma as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
The measure is in response to potential federal health care provisions, and would allow residents to get out of any health care mandates. As a result, the proposal, if enacted, would categorize a law that would require residents, employers or health care providers to participate in any health care system unconstitutional.
How will you vote on November 2nd?
I aggres
Zippo

United States

#39769 May 13, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
The wealthy make money when the market goes down also.
The point being the wealthy have done very well under the management of the current administration. How are middle class and poor? Look to the statistics the poor has grown at a alarming rate. Which the logical reason being that more who were middle class have slipped into the "poor" status.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39770 May 13, 2013
Zippo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you did realize of the wealthiest counties in America, Obama carried 6 out of 7. Guess it explains why 85 billion of freshly printed money is thrown into buying bonds which raises the Dow nicely for those who are investors. I'm sure Warren Buffett appreciates the political payback for his support along with bailing AIG out of potential bankruptcy.
Gee, those counties are Democratic counties...In case you haven't noticed Zippo, the poorest states are in the South and they are the reddest of red states...like Oklahoma.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#39771 May 13, 2013
AP News Story about Obamacare:

To try to keep premiums low, some states are allowing insurers to charge patients a hefty share of the cost for expensive medications used to treat cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-altering chronic diseases.

Such “specialty drugs” can cost thousands of dollars a month, and in California, patients would pay up to 30 percent of the cost. For one widely used cancer drug, Gleevec, the patient could pay more than $2,000 for a month’s supply, says the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

A spokesman for Covered California said state officials are trying to balance between two conflicting priorities: comprehensive coverage and affordable premiums.

“We are trying to keep the insurance affordable across the board,” said Dana Howard, the group’s spokesman.“This is just part of trying to manage the overall risk of the pool

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HEA...
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39772 May 13, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
AP News Story about Obamacare:
To try to keep premiums low, some states are allowing insurers to charge patients a hefty share of the cost for expensive medications used to treat cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-altering chronic diseases.
Such “specialty drugs” can cost thousands of dollars a month, and in California, patients would pay up to 30 percent of the cost. For one widely used cancer drug, Gleevec, the patient could pay more than $2,000 for a month’s supply, says the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
A spokesman for Covered California said state officials are trying to balance between two conflicting priorities: comprehensive coverage and affordable premiums.
“We are trying to keep the insurance affordable across the board,” said Dana Howard, the group’s spokesman.“This is just part of trying to manage the overall risk of the pool
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HEA...
Well, insurance have always let people with multiple sclerosis pay for their drugs before Obamacare....and raise their premiums too...if they could get insurance to begin with...

Case in point...I have MS...premiums went from a little over $400 a month to $1,500 a month just for my self.

Now I pay $530 a month but if I were on a drug...still have to pay...

Only now that can't charge the $1,500 a month insurance premium..
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39773 May 13, 2013
And before Obamacare...if I had dropped my insurance coverage when it was $1,500 a month...I would have had NO health insurance coverage. That's why I was forced to pay that sky high premium...and I wasn't even on any drugs....so they had no excuse.

I guess people don't want to remember why people were so excited about Obama to begin with....or really any Democratic candidate....Health insurance was a scam then...they would over charge you if you had a serious illness or drop you...or refuse to cover you at all, or use any trick in the book to not pay while collecting your premiums all the while.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39774 May 13, 2013
I use to work for the IRS and this latest outrage is pretty funny.

Problem is Tea Party groups are following organizations like Organizing for America, Crossroads GPS, Priorities USA and Heritage Action Fund registering as 501(c)4s.

The designation 501(c)4s are really for charities. And those political orgs should have been caught by the IRS long ago.

What the Tea Party orgs., and Crossroads should have filed under is code 527 which is for:

Political organizations include parties, committees, associations, funds or other entities
organized and operated “primarily for the purpose of directly or indirectly accepting contributions or making expenditures.”

Political organizations accept contributions and make expenditures for thepurpose of influencing the “selection, nomination, election, or appointment of any individual toFederal, State, or local public office or office in a political organization, or the election of Presidential electors.”

Political organizations include political party committees, Federal, State andlocal candidate committees and other political committees such as political action committees(PACs).
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39775 May 13, 2013
What is the problem that the IRS let PAC's get away with it too long and didn't go after them first instead of Tea Party groups.

The IRS has always been punished for doing their job.

Can you imagine the outrage if they went after those churches that used their pulpit playing politics. Knowing full well they could lose their tax exempt status.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39776 May 13, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
And before Obamacare...if I had dropped my insurance coverage when it was $1,500 a month...I would have had NO health insurance coverage. That's why I was forced to pay that sky high premium...and I wasn't even on any drugs....so they had no excuse.
I guess people don't want to remember why people were so excited about Obama to begin with....or really any Democratic candidate....Health insurance was a scam then...they would over charge you if you had a serious illness or drop you...or refuse to cover you at all, or use any trick in the book to not pay while collecting your premiums all the while.
We have talked about you and one of my daughter-in-laws having MS. Because of your post I ask my son and DIL about their health ins. premiums regularly. Non of their health ins. premiums have decreased. On his ins, policy it is him, his wife, and 2 sons. I am just understanding why your has decreased and no one elses that I know has. Now don't get all bent out of shape because I am not cALLING YOU a liar. I just am not understanding what is different about you and everyone else.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39777 May 13, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>We have talked about you and one of my daughter-in-laws having MS. Because of your post I ask my son and DIL about their health ins. premiums regularly. Non of their health ins. premiums have decreased. On his ins, policy it is him, his wife, and 2 sons. I am just understanding why your has decreased and no one elses that I know has. Now don't get all bent out of shape because I am not cALLING YOU a liar. I just am not understanding what is different about you and everyone else.
Self employed. They probably get their insurance through an employer.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39778 May 13, 2013
It's about time:

Wilmington City Council Passes Resolution Urging ‘Personhood’ Rights For Sperm.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39779 May 13, 2013
Tamara

Many people with MS were denied jobs or let go after when the employer were hit with the bill for insuring a person with MS.

If your DIL is on one of the MS drugs, they run around $2,000 a month. If insurance is paying a large part of her medication and she sees a Neuro regulary for it and takes regular MRI's. All of which I don't. She may not be eligible for a rebate.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39780 May 13, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Self employed. They probably get their insurance through an employer.
So why should that make a difference? That is just punishing someone for working for someone else.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39781 May 13, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>So why should that make a difference? That is just punishing someone for working for someone else.
Well being self employed and a business that doesn't have a lot of employees we don't get the same rates as a large employer.

What is you DIL's premium for her insurance. Did it every go as high as mine?
Zippo

United States

#39782 May 13, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
What is the problem that the IRS let PAC's get away with it too long and didn't go after them first instead of Tea Party groups.
The IRS has always been punished for doing their job.
Can you imagine the outrage if they went after those churches that used their pulpit playing politics. Knowing full well they could lose their tax exempt status.
WRONG. The IRS issued an apology or did you conveniently MISSED that little FACT. The IRS is guilty of TARGETING certain organizations which ALL just happen NOT TO BACK Obama's Administrations' PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL AGENDA.

Lois G. Lerner, IRS Director of Exempt Organizations issued a apology for what was suggested to be violations of the law by low level employees. The problem with this excuse is the abuse can be traced back to 2011 and is widespread. This is another scandal attached to this administration.

For those of you who wish you see the actual internal memos dated in 2011 warning NOT TO TARGET groups or organizations which express conservative values, smaller government. Now we have the proof of documents showing the practice was systemic TARGETING Jewish Groups who were pro-Israel, any group which used the title, Tea Party or Patriot was also TARGETED. There are multiple LAWSUITS being pursued by TAX ATTORNEYS against what has been disclosed.

Several news outlets have mentioned the IRS was being used as a political weapon against anyone or any entity who doesn't support the Obama Administrations agenda. That in itself is against the law. There is a clear pattern.

Two news outlets which have actual documents you can review if anyone really wants to know the truth.

www.breitbart.com
www.foxnews.com
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39783 May 13, 2013
I just can't get the reasoning of all the hate towards Obamacare.

Now people that gamed the system before that could afford health insurance that showed up at hospitals and skipped out on there bills can't do that.

People will still get to choose their coverage but policies that don't meet a minimum of coverage will not be available.

People will still have large drug bills. Even on medicare they do.

Big pharma hasn't been roped in yet.

In countries that have National Health Care: take MS for instance, your only allowed to pick from 2 MS meds, the rest of them, if you want another is out-of-pocket.

There is no way that something is going to be available that pays unlimited medical expenses, unlimited drug expenses 100%. Ever. But:

Americans as a insured group together will keep the premiums lower. Because healthy American are a majority and their cost average out the cost of the sick. It's simple math.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39784 May 13, 2013
Zippo wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG. The IRS issued an apology or did you conveniently MISSED that little FACT. The IRS is guilty of TARGETING certain organizations which ALL just happen NOT TO BACK Obama's Administrations' PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL AGENDA.
Lois G. Lerner, IRS Director of Exempt Organizations issued a apology for what was suggested to be violations of the law by low level employees. The problem with this excuse is the abuse can be traced back to 2011 and is widespread. This is another scandal attached to this administration.
For those of you who wish you see the actual internal memos dated in 2011 warning NOT TO TARGET groups or organizations which express conservative values, smaller government. Now we have the proof of documents showing the practice was systemic TARGETING Jewish Groups who were pro-Israel, any group which used the title, Tea Party or Patriot was also TARGETED. There are multiple LAWSUITS being pursued by TAX ATTORNEYS against what has been disclosed.
Several news outlets have mentioned the IRS was being used as a political weapon against anyone or any entity who doesn't support the Obama Administrations agenda. That in itself is against the law. There is a clear pattern.
Two news outlets which have actual documents you can review if anyone really wants to know the truth.
www.breitbart.com
www.foxnews.com
The problem with the Tea Party and PACS is this:

Groups that pursue explicitly political goals can be tax-exempt, but they are not allowed to align themselves with or advocate for parties or candidates.

Everyone knows these Tea Party groups are political - they say so themselves. The question is whether they are Republican.

In fact, when the Tea Party advocates that it will take a Politician down and run another candidate it is always a Republican.

Tax exempt always has standards and rules.

The problem is they didn't go after the big players first.

The Church should be next.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39785 May 13, 2013
All of this tax evasion stuff should be drawn out into the open...

Can't wait for it to be shown that the Bush admin. went after church's tax exempt status that were against the Iraq war....because he did.

Or that when Repubs were in control of the House and Senate during the Clinton years they pretty much stripped the IRS down and it never returned under the Bush years.

You do know the only way the federal government functions is through the taxes it collects.

Take away more funding the only ones they audit are the little guys like you...because it's cheaper to conduct an audit on you...
Zippo

United States

#39786 May 13, 2013
The IRS issued the apology the FAULT IS CLEALY with those working in the IRS.

Tax Attorneys are filing lawsuits as we speak, you on the other hand, are a mouth piece for the progressive liberal lefties of the democratic party. What you again fail to recognize is high ranking democrats are pissed at what has happened with the IRS!

Again, if Topix poster's want the truth I invite you to check out the facts and internal documents of the IRS they are available to read on 2 different news outlets I know of so far.

www.breitbart.com
www.foxnews.com

Justaminute, those of us who know you for what you are already know your opinions and your opinions and the truth is almost never in alignment.
Stephen

United States

#39787 May 13, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
All of this tax evasion stuff should be drawn out into the open...
Can't wait for it to be shown that the Bush admin. went after church's tax exempt status that were against the Iraq war....because he did.
Or that when Repubs were in control of the House and Senate during the Clinton years they pretty much stripped the IRS down and it never returned under the Bush years.
You do know the only way the federal government functions is through the taxes it collects.
Take away more funding the only ones they audit are the little guys like you...because it's cheaper to conduct an audit on you...
LMAO...So it's Bush's fault again?

You are DAMN PATHETIC!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Abe 239,458
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 9 min tax 84,182
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 33 min HELLary Clinton 666 105,912
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 56 min Another Damn Liberal 92,069
Election Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Thu Have a Koch and a... 748
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... (Oct '14) Thu So Stupid 53
Election Who's got your vote in the Pennsylvania Attorne... (Oct '14) Aug 21 Julia 5
More from around the web