1,470 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39677 May 10, 2013
Justi is so worried about guns killing kids. I wonder if she has thought of all the kids killed by drowning in a back yard pool. Most pools today are in back yards that is barely big enough to be a back yard. Access to the pool has no protection to keep kids out. No back yard to play. Adults get busy and you know how fast a young child can take off unnoticed. Bam Sam the kids has gotten to the pool area and fell in. Either saving the kids is a close call or it is a to late situation. Now like the guns Justi wants taken away from everyone should the pools be taken out of every back yard that has no way of securing it from kids when not in use and an adult present? I actually see no difference. A child has bee harmed or killed.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39678 May 10, 2013
Oh Tamara, a backyard pool has to have a fence around it and locked. About 15 or 20 years ago, they rewrote the law listing pools as an 'attractive hazards' to young children and teenagers. Meaning they can enter a fence that is unlocked or crawl over and the homeowner cannot even claim 'trespassing" in a lawsuit. Your also charged extra for insurance for the liability.

So another good point, have a gun in your home, you have an attractive nuisance to children. More liability insurance. Requiring a fence for a pool should be for gun owners a fortified safe to keep guns...and extra liability insurance.

Maybe they should up your health insurance since having a gun in the house, your more liable to injure yourself or others, commit suicide, domestic violence than use a gun against a bad guy. Also in home burglaries one of the most stolen items.

You seem to be looking for something Tamara but all your doing is draw attention to the fact that there is very little regulation or laws for owning a gun and the injury and death it causes.
Zane

United States

#39679 May 10, 2013
Nah she's not really worried she doing what all political hacks do agitate keep harping on the talking points. Gun control is still one of Obama's goals and that's why he wants Nancy Pelosi as speaker.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39680 May 10, 2013
Correction: unlocked fence should be locked fence.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39681 May 10, 2013
Zane wrote:
Nah she's not really worried she doing what all political hacks do agitate keep harping on the talking points. Gun control is still one of Obama's goals and that's why he wants Nancy Pelosi as speaker.
Or do the Benghazi boogaloo?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39682 May 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Oh Tamara, a backyard pool has to have a fence around it and locked. About 15 or 20 years ago, they rewrote the law listing pools as an 'attractive hazards' to young children and teenagers. Meaning they can enter a fence that is unlocked or crawl over and the homeowner cannot even claim 'trespassing" in a lawsuit. Your also charged extra for insurance for the liability.
So another good point, have a gun in your home, you have an attractive nuisance to children. More liability insurance. Requiring a fence for a pool should be for gun owners a fortified safe to keep guns...and extra liability insurance.
Maybe they should up your health insurance since having a gun in the house, your more liable to injure yourself or others, commit suicide, domestic violence than use a gun against a bad guy. Also in home burglaries one of the most stolen items.
You seem to be looking for something Tamara but all your doing is draw attention to the fact that there is very little regulation or laws for owning a gun and the injury and death it causes.
I sure am seeing a lot of new homes that you go out the back door and there is the pool.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39683 May 10, 2013
Zane wrote:
Zane

You stated:

Nah she's not really worried she doing what all political hacks do agitate keep harping on the talking points.

You called Tamara a political hack!

And then you went straight for talking points yourself...

LOL another day on Topix's Bull Shit Mountain!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39684 May 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
You don't say that your liability insurance is higher if you have a pool! Had a pool for years. But there was a 8ft wood fence completely around the whole pool and you did not walk out the back door into the pool. Gates were locked at all times if we were not in the pool area. Yes still our liability was higher. Our pool was fenced separate from the play area of our yard! In town pools in back yards are not fenced separately from the back yard they are in. Seeing them go in every day. The fact is our is register when we bought them because of our back ground check. Also if you have a gun license it is a given you probably have a gun or more and that you went in for training and tests. So deary if every one that sold a good had to do the paper work for a back ground check on the person buying the gun then there would be records. But the back ground check will not tell anyone if the person buying the gun is a responsible person. Do you not get that point for some reason?

Now tell me again that new pools going in peoples back yards are fenced separately in that backyard! There maybe a fence around the whole backyard but they will not be fenced within a fence!
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39685 May 10, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I sure am seeing a lot of new homes that you go out the back door and there is the pool.
Well if there is no fence, you can complain to the city. I think the code is newer homes are even required to have a second fence around the pool area only.

In state's like Nevada and Florida, they had a serious problem with foreclosed homes with pools. The Banks had quite a few lawsuits since their the owner now. That's why they bulldozed the homes and filled the pools. A home owner's association pool by my parent's house went out of business and the city forced them to fill the pool in and pack it before closing. And until the pool was filled in they put up a lot of barb wire since no one was on site to check on it.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39686 May 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if there is no fence, you can complain to the city. I think the code is newer homes are even required to have a second fence around the pool area only.
In state's like Nevada and Florida, they had a serious problem with foreclosed homes with pools. The Banks had quite a few lawsuits since their the owner now. That's why they bulldozed the homes and filled the pools. A home owner's association pool by my parent's house went out of business and the city forced them to fill the pool in and pack it before closing. And until the pool was filled in they put up a lot of barb wire since no one was on site to check on it.
First of all Kiddo we are talking about homes here in Oklahoma where we live. At least I do. You copy/past the law say pools have to be fenced with in a fence. Then I will concede.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39687 May 10, 2013
Anybody see the Daily Oklahoma today?

In honor of Mother's day they released the World ranking of health and well being of Mother's and Children..

Guess where we rank in the world?

The top 10?

No, not even close.

The US is ranked 68th...

And before you say all those abortions....Obamacare..rantin gs.

Sorry, all of the top 10 have national health care, sex ed, legal abortions, good schools....

Things they don't have: the NRA, a Military biggest in the world, to big to fail banks, profit over people mentality, or the delusion that corporations should make 1,000% more that their employees.

Happy Mother's Day!
Zane

United States

#39688 May 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
In honor of Mother's day they released the World ranking of health and well being of Mother's and Children..
The top 10?
No, not even close.
The US is ranked 68th...
Sorry, all of the top 10 have national health care, sex ed, legal abortions, good schools....
Things they don't have: the NRA, a Military biggest in the world, to big to fail banks, profit over people mentality, or the delusion that corporations should make 1,000% more that their employees.
Happy Mother's Day!
Bullshit. We all will have a moment of silence for the baby you killed 30 yrs ago.
Zane

United States

#39689 May 10, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>First of all Kiddo we are talking about homes here in Oklahoma where we live. At least I do. You copy/past the law say pools have to be fenced with in a fence. Then I will concede.
Tamara I want you to know justaliar lied again when she said I called you a hack. I never said any such thing she knows all of us knows she's a hack and I called her a hack, plain and simple. Just wanted to set the record straight if there was any question.

Misty said it first but I wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to you. I think your kids and grandkids were blessed to have you in their lives. I feel that way about MistyGirl too. Both you women are fine wives, mothers and grandmothers, I have no doubt.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39690 May 10, 2013
Zane, I know your kids have the ability and appearance of a zygote but it was never a baby.
Zane

United States

#39691 May 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Zane, I know your kids have the ability and appearance of a zygote but it was never a baby.
I don't have any kids. I would never kill any of my children either, if I had any.
Zane

United States

#39692 May 10, 2013
Justaliar were you pregnant with a baby before you had your abortion? If it wasn't a baby your were pregnant with then why have a abortion?

No one hears about the woman who was pregnant with a zygote do we? The kidnapper in Ohio who rape those girls and forced abortion on some of those them will be charged with murder of an unborn child. The prosecutor didn't say abortion of a zygote forced on victims of this kidnapper didn't count.

Your moral compass is so screwed up I don't think you can find your way home by yourself.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#39693 May 10, 2013
justaminute I have a good one going at
okies=lucky as hell. Care to join us?

=
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39694 May 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
The top 10?
No, not even close.
The US is ranked 68th...
Happy Mother's Day!
Maybe that would if every that gets in trouble would expect us to go fight their battles and us fund it and support them while we do it. Maybe if stayed home and really took care of our home front and the citizens of this country.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39695 May 10, 2013
Zane wrote:
<quoted text>
Tamara I want you to know justaliar lied again when she said I called you a hack. I never said any such thing she knows all of us knows she's a hack and I called her a hack, plain and simple. Just wanted to set the record straight if there was any question.
Misty said it first but I wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to you. I think your kids and grandkids were blessed to have you in their lives. I feel that way about MistyGirl too. Both you women are fine wives, mothers and grandmothers, I have no doubt.
Thank you but I knew what you said and I was not bothered by yours or Justi's post.

Thank you for you kind words.
Donnie

Kansas City, MO

#39696 May 10, 2013
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?

"""A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 min Donald 60,064
Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 14 min xxxx 681
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) 18 min FastFred 281
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 21 min wowie 152,171
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,234
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 28 min xxxrayted 31,462
Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 30 min frilled2b 6,461

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE