Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39169 May 3, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Those guns are called a "Cricket" and made in a variety of child-pleasing colors, with pics of Children firing them.. The company took their website down after the shooting...
The parents bought the gun for their son when he was 4.
Copy of the ad and their website is still down.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/05/03/c...
I still say the parent were idiots for giving a 4 or 5 year old any kind of gun. The second mistake was not making sure the gun was not loaded. The third mistake was leaving the gun out in the open leaning it in a corner of a room. It could as easily been gotten by the 2 year old. The gun could have as easily been knock over and discharging and killing someone. Any gun should not be left out in the open for any reason no matter how old the gun owner if!
Audrey

United States

#39170 May 3, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I donot think guns were marketed to 5 year old kids. I also wonder what the parents of the 5 year old was think in giving 'THEIR' 5 year old son a gun! I also would like to know what they were thinking in leaving the gun out in the open! Why was the gun loaded? And what kind of idiot blames anyone else but the parent of these children for this tragic shooting?
.22 LF gun. No person in a sane mind would give this rifle loaded to a 5 year old to play with. It's not a toy but a tool which should be used in a controlled environment. 5 year olds in the company of 2 year olds with a loaded .22 LF rifle is beyond comprehension to me.

* www.cricket.com
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39171 May 3, 2013
Audrey wrote:
<quoted text>
.22 LF gun. No person in a sane mind would give this rifle loaded to a 5 year old to play with. It's not a toy but a tool which should be used in a controlled environment. 5 year olds in the company of 2 year olds with a loaded .22 LF rifle is beyond comprehension to me.
* www.cricket.com
I agree!
Audrey

United States

#39172 May 3, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Around here there is jobs. But in most cases these jobs are beneath a lot of the people on unemployment. I was on another form about unemployment and was shocked of the majority of peoples thoughts about unemployment. A lot thought it was owed them because they paid for it thru taxes. They did not know and did not care that their employer had paid into it for them to have 6 weeks of unemployment. After that it was being paid for by all the tax payers. And they did not care about that either. Very few on there was serious about looking for a job and working. They also said if they could not get the same type and pay as what they were let go from they had no plans to get a job and would collect unemployment as long as possible. I do agree that even with the low paying jobs there is not enough jobs for everyone. I honestly donot think this administration has not done enough to get people back to work.
I know that 42 million on food stamps is a number more than one has posted but I have found research that have a higher number as the number currently on food stamps. 42.5 million to be exact. Which ever is correct, it's way to high.
Susan

United States

#39173 May 3, 2013
Audrey wrote:
<quoted text>
* www.cricket.com
LF? Surely you mean a .22 LR as in long rifle? Still your point is correct in no person that has any understanding of fire arms would leave a 5 year old in the company of a 2 year old with a loaded firearm no matter what the caliber of the gun.
Audrey

United States

#39174 May 3, 2013
You're correct on long rifle.
Donnie

United States

#39175 May 3, 2013
FAKE Donnie wrote:
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?
"""A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
Only one talking out of their azz is you bud, the only thing you are qualified to do if we judge you by your actions.

CNN's Howard Kurtz was fired by The Daily Beast earlier for lying in article about Jason Collin but he still had his job with CNN's show "Reliable Sources" which was scheduled for this Sunday. But now it looks like maybe CNN is going to boot him as well, lol.

How sad another progressive liberal biting the dust for lying!

LOL
Gail

United States

#39176 May 3, 2013
What do you mean the website for cricket was taken down I just access www.cricket.com .

Clearly .22 long rifles are used for youth to learn proper handling and fire arms safety and in youth competitions. But to say they are marketed for 5 year olds are 2 year olds is patently false.

Something is terribly amiss with the parents of these children.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39177 May 3, 2013
Gail wrote:
What do you mean the website for cricket was taken down I just access www.cricket.com .
Clearly .22 long rifles are used for youth to learn proper handling and fire arms safety and in youth competitions. But to say they are marketed for 5 year olds are 2 year olds is patently false.
Something is terribly amiss with the parents of these children.
That site is for cricket fans, you know the sport, not the gun maker site.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39178 May 3, 2013
Evidently, Gail, you didn't check out the site I posted. Slate captured a screen grab of their site before they pulled it down. It had pics of kids of all ages holding guns. Some parents thought it was really cute as there was some of babies holding guns too.

And yes, there site is still down.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39179 May 3, 2013
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one talking out of their azz is you bud, the only thing you are qualified to do if we judge you by your actions.
CNN's Howard Kurtz was fired by The Daily Beast earlier for lying in article about Jason Collin but he still had his job with CNN's show "Reliable Sources" which was scheduled for this Sunday. But now it looks like maybe CNN is going to boot him as well, lol.
LOL
Progessive liberal...lol...blasting a BB play for coming out as gay...really..your desperation is showing.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39180 May 3, 2013
Correction: That should be player not play.

Also Donnie, Tina Brown never gave any reason for his firing..and you can bet there was more than one..
Gail

United States

#39181 May 3, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Progessive liberal...lol...blasting a BB play for coming out as gay...really..your desperation is showing.
No, the whole point is a progressive liberal getting fired for writing and article, putting lies in the article about a BB player. Just because the player is gay has nothing to do with what "Donnie" posted. Did you just misread the post or is your purpose to change the focus from "lying in print" to gay bashing?

I also think that Donnie was expressing the extreme irony of a person fired for lying by The Daily Beast is also a host on CNN's show titled "RELIABLE SOURCES". If you can't appreciate the irony in that situation...well, I mean, it kind of slaps you in the face, lol.

If anyone is showing desperation I would suggest those who used Howard Kurtz as a 'reliable source' wouldn't you? For example,
someone like yourself?
Susan

United States

#39182 May 3, 2013
@Gail, yes that also reaches out there and slaps you in the face, LOL.

Little green footballs, huffington post, new York times, salon, the daily beast, howard Kurtz, latimes.com , Naomi wolf who was just hired at Al Jazeera by the way...oh the list goes on and on.
Susan

United States

#39183 May 3, 2013
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Hope you notice "justaminute" answered a post in reference to your response to "FAKE Donnie". Interesting?

:)
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39184 May 4, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Evidently, Gail, you didn't check out the site I posted. Slate captured a screen grab of their site before they pulled it down. It had pics of kids of all ages holding guns. Some parents thought it was really cute as there was some of babies holding guns too.
And yes, there site is still down.
Again where are the parents? What are these parents thinking? When Did we stop holding the parent responsible in making good decision for their children? Even if the company is marketing to children who in the long run puts the money out there to buy those guns? Some dumb adult that's who. Who should have been responsible to see that gun is not left out? Makes me wonder if those parents had other guns out. So who is actually responsible for the 5 year old shooting the 2 year old? The company selling the gun, The 5 year old or The Parents?
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#39185 May 4, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you are not saying that those that drew unemployment for 2 years and if they can't find work in 2 years should quit looking that they should draw unemployment forever!
I hope and say that those that draw the kind
of idiotic conclusions you do should quit
looking for meaningful employment forever.

Damn you're dense.

You make the unemployed look intelligent.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39186 May 4, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope and say that those that draw the kind
of idiotic conclusions you do should quit
looking for meaningful employment forever.
Damn you're dense.
You make the unemployed look intelligent.
Maybe you should learn to express yourself better. There are jobs out there but most think they are beneath themselves there fore would rather stay on unemployment. I believe you posted on the forum I was talking about. The people on that forum mostly were drawing unemployment and the majority felt they deserved to collect it as long as possible. Most stated they did not even try to find a job. They filled out their unemployment info online and did not have to prove if they had tried to fine a job!
Donnie

United States

#39187 May 4, 2013
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?

"""A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
MistyGirl

United States

#39188 May 4, 2013
This morning 3 Whistleblowers identities have been revealed:(Benghazi, Libya)

1. Gregory Hicks, the Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya at the time of the Benghazi attacks.

2. Mark I. Thompson, a former marine and now the Deputy Coordinator for Operations in the agency's counter-terrorism bureau.

3.Erick Nordstrom, a diplomatic security officer in Libya, the top security officer in the country in the months leading up to the attacks.

Our Ambassador Christopher Stevens and 3 other Americans were killed on September 11, 2012.

*James Rosen
Chad Pergram
5/04/2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min scirocco 172,181
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min Bill in Dville 62,211
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 12 min bacon hater 72,636
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 42 min mjjcpa 34,865
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr GOP is a mental i... 100,401
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 3 hr WTSenior 3,796
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 hr Big bad john 19,612
More from around the web