OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jangles

United States

#38306 Apr 13, 2013
Tainted vegetables that were traced back to a supplier in Mexico caused numerous people coming down with illness was one instance for local restaurants not just big chains were involved in that outbreak. I think there was a couple of deaths attributed to the tainted cantaloupes from Colorado which the seller hadn't followed proper procedures and the State Inspection Centers process failures, both liable for that outbreak which would drag the State of California into those cases as well.

I would think California would have a greater risk with product coming across from Mexico and then around the world in the shipping yards. It would be a difficult job to monitor all that product coming in for human consumption even though I would guess California has more inspection stations than just about any other state in the United States.

Both of these cases had the Centers for Disease Control monitoring and testing to try and find what had caused the outbreak.

50 million in liability isn't very much when you consider one severe illness with medical cost liability from one customer would be considerable, then the pain and suffering and other punitive damages and that's if the person lives. If they die then that opens up a whole different level of additional liability. One family group would be all that would take.
Jangles

United States

#38307 Apr 13, 2013
Randy wrote:
With the rate of people on government assistance in rural Oklahoma I dont see how they could afford not too approve Obama Care .
Health and Human Services Department (HHS) budget documents state that the federal government now expects to spend 4.4 billion just this year on state grants for less than half of the U.S. states participating. In 2014 HHS says cost will jump to 5.7 billion. Americans projected to gain insurance from ObamaCare has eroded by 5 million to 27 million by 2017 according to CBO in February. In addition, as many as 8 million people will lose health care plans now offered through their employers, almost 3 times more than the CBO initially projected.

Progressive liberal, Time columnist, Joe Klein writes "the administration has had 3 years to set up these exchanges. It has failed to do so, this is a really bad sign. One thing is clear, ObamaCare will fail if he doesn't start paying more attention to the details of implementation, If he doesn't start demanding action. And in a larger sense, the notion of activist government will be in peril".

*TIME
Health Human Services, K. Sebelius
Congressional Budget Office
www.breitbart.com , Wynton Hall 4-11-2013

The original projected cost of these exchanges was approximately 2 billion to set up. Well you can see that wasn't even close what it will actually cost just to set up these exchanges.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#38308 Apr 13, 2013
Randy wrote:
With the rate of people on government assistance in rural Oklahoma I dont see how they could afford not too approve Obama Care .
Where do you stand? Wealthy [I doubt}, Middle class, or poor? Wealthy was ruled out. If Middle class by the time the government gets done taxing you to death you will be on the government assistant programs also if you aren't already!

Them government better get to work and find away to open this country up in getting jobs here and getting people back to work. Actually I think many of the people that could get a job are enjoying the government paying their way.
Donnie

United States

#38309 Apr 13, 2013
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?

A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
Donnie

United States

#38310 Apr 13, 2013
FAKE Donnie wrote:
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?
A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
Post your progressive liberal BS under your own name, jackazz.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#38311 Apr 13, 2013
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Post your progressive liberal BS under your own name, jackazz.

I agree Donnie.
Homeboy

Sapulpa, OK

#38312 Apr 13, 2013
Damn, ol packin sheet is still here! Did you ever run off that crazy girl named justamidget?
Homeboy

Sapulpa, OK

#38313 Apr 13, 2013
Maybe that wasn't her name give me just a minute and I'll remember it maybe.
Donnie

United States

#38315 Apr 14, 2013

Donnie

United States

#38316 Apr 14, 2013
FAKE Donnie wrote:
If you going to be a jackazz do it under your own username!
Amanda

United States

#38317 Apr 14, 2013
JAG wrote:
A Kentucky Democratic Operative, Jacob Conway, Jefferson County Democratic Party, say two leaders with Progress Kentucky, a progressive liberal group, are the ones who secretly recorded a session that Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell held with his aides.
The two who were accused by Conway are members of Progress Kentucky, Shawn Reilly and Curtis Morrison, which Conway said he used to be friends with and they told him they had a secret recording of the private meeting. When asked if they were the ones to give it to the liberal news outlet, Mother Jones, Conway said he didn't know.
Jacob Conway, Jefferson County Democratic Party, said he came forward because he didn't want the Democratic Party sullied by this illegal activity.
As I and others on this thread have posted the Progressive Liberal side of the Democratic Party will do anything to further their agenda.
Democrat recants story of Kentucky Progress members taping McConnell meeting. Jacob Conway identified two members of Kentucky Progress a progressive liberal organization as the ones who told him they had a secret recording of one of McConnell's offices. Then on 4/14/2013 Jacob Conway recants his story after one of the two members of Kentucky Progress hired an attorney. So now Jacob Conway is saying maybe only one of those he identified was the guilty party to saying they secretly recorded the McConnell office.

Jacob Conway made a plea agreement in 2006 to felony theft charges.

*The Courier Journal
thecourierjournal.com/20130412
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#38318 Apr 15, 2013
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
What it clearly says is, if the product has "an adverse public health risk" which would have a fiscal impact ON THE STATE (fiscal/annual)of 50 million dollars. One incident of food poisoning with a family of 4 or 6 people could very well trigger the law!
If a restaurant poisons people, it should be impacted by
state law. I would hate to think that 4 or 6 people and
$50M of damages wouldn't matter. In Oklahoma it won't
matter, but in California and other places in the 21st
Century it does.

Your Okie clearly shows. Don't be proud.
Try to hide it
Donnie

United States

#38319 Apr 15, 2013

Marcus

United States

#38320 Apr 15, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
If a restaurant poisons people, it should be impacted by
state law. I would hate to think that 4 or 6 people and
$50M of damages wouldn't matter. In Oklahoma it won't
matter, but in California and other places in the 21st
Century it does.
Your Okie clearly shows. Don't be proud.
Try to hide it
Not from Oklahomaland, don't assume so much. Are now arguing that the original post placed is correct? Oh nevermind, no need to waste my time along with yours.
Marcus

United States

#38321 Apr 15, 2013
FAKE Donnie wrote:
Clearly a fake
Marcus

United States

#38322 Apr 15, 2013
Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who thinks about it for a couple of seconds would come to the same conclusion as Dr. Ablow. Don't need a doctorate degree to understand.
Every case they are highlighting has to do with someone deranged. Every single one. Media coverage have flooded all networks and cable news outlets, but a case which is just as horrible with more victims is being next to totally ignored.
As we enter day 13,487 of the media's obsession with guns & gun control. The main stream media can't find time to report in 24/7 news cycle any attention to the harrowing story of Dr. Gosnell, the Philadelphia abortionist on trial for 8 murders.
Media has ignored 'about 100 babies born alive that had their neck snipped to ensure their demise'. New York Times reported it once in the last 30 days and the story was located on page A17.
The shameless media memory-hole legitimate stories inconvenient to the left wing liberal agenda!
As posted before first by Packing Heat then by Stephen and now I'm posting concerning Gosnell the abortionist out of Philadelphia. The network media blackout has been almost total. CNN reported it one time and and NYT reported once on page A17 in 30 days. This story has been going on for 2 years and is finally in trial.

Now the media has responded to it's critics....finally.

1. Daily Beast-Megan McArdle-"Why I didn't write about Gosnell's trial-and why I Should have."

2. Bloomberg columnist, Jeffrey Goldberg writes,"It's too late now, though to surpress coverage,(Kirsten Powers) and others have shamed the media into paying attention, and the press is now on the case. It's remarkable that it took this long."

3. The Washington Post- "We believe the story is deserving of coverage by our own staff, and we intend to send a reporter for resumption of the trial next week. In retrospect, we should have sent a reporter sooner."

4. Politico's Dylan Byers- "Gosnell should be front page-top-of-the-hour news by primetime tonight, and if it's not, we will write about it again."

5. NBC's Joe Scarborough-"A horrifying story out of Philadelphia that the media must cover. We will cover this on Monday."

CNN's addressed this issue with Erin Burnett's coverage and Anderson Cooper's coverage was flat out outstanding.

Regardless, the left wing media spin the Gosnell horror story into a pro-choice argument for safer abortions clinics. What will likely happen is the public will have an increased knowledge of partial birth abortion which is an act of outright infanticide.

For over a decade now, the media has tried to turn that horror story of partial birth abortion into a right wing myth. But now we not only have an example of a doctor eagerly engaged and made wealthy by the practice, but other doctors referring patients to him as well.

Recently the same debacle was reported in a Delaware Clinic....
Donnie

United States

#38323 Apr 15, 2013
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from Oklahomaland, don't assume so much. Are now arguing that the original post placed is correct? Oh nevermind, no need to waste my time along with yours.
LOL
Donnie

United States

#38324 Apr 15, 2013
Explosions rock Boston Marathon finish line. Believed to be an act of terror. Reported 2 killed 22 injured.
Maddy

United States

#38325 Apr 15, 2013
Got a text message about a half hour ago been watching it on news. So terrible.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#38326 Apr 16, 2013
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from Okieland, don't assume so much. Are now arguing that the original post placed is correct?
You're worse than dense, you're stupid.
What's the point of trying to make a point
with someone so dull.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min Calvin_Coolish 239,739
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Johnny R 105,932
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr jeb stuart 84,273
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr Pork 92,127
Election The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) 6 hr WarForOil 11,311
Election IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) 6 hr Sea Hawk 1,306
Election Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 25 Have a Koch and a... 748
More from around the web