1,526 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Donnie

United States

#37191 Mar 28, 2013
Although we may be losing practically all real freedom of action in an over-regulated era of corporate domination– still, if you’ve got a gun, by God, that makes you a free man.

It’s an article of faith.
Bluebird

United States

#37192 Mar 28, 2013
FAKE Bluebird wrote:
<quoted text>
We should have a national monument in Oklahoma to honor all the dumbazz republican that post their bull sh!t on here.
No, we didn't qualify only dumbazz democratic states King Barack Hussein Obama honored with a monument.
Packing Heat

United States

#37193 Mar 28, 2013
"We have a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem"
TAMARA

United States

#37194 Mar 28, 2013
"This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem"
Zane

United States

#37195 Mar 28, 2013
So the gun nuts will delay until we have a few hundred more gun deaths.

Gun nuts are quite insane.
Maddy

United States

#37196 Mar 28, 2013
Some people manage to get wiser as they get older, some don't. Which are you?
Bluebird

United States

#37197 Mar 28, 2013
Maddy wrote:
URGENT MESSAGE FOR TULSA & OWASSO OKLAHOMA:
Today the offices of a oral surgeon have been closed down indefinitely by state health officials.
Dr. W. Scott Harrington who has practiced for 36 yrs. had his offices officially closed due to unsafe conditions. According to health officials they found employees using dirty equipment, reusing needles, administering drugs without a license.
Health officials strongly urge all patients of Dr. Harrington to immediately be tested for HIV and Hepatitis.
Dr. Harrington surrendered his license and voluntarily closed both of his offices in Tulsa and Owasso. Formal hearing is scheduled for April 19th.
Geez, thank God Health Dept. closed him down! Read an AP article today regarding this and it's sickening what the health dept. is alleging against this doctor. He used needles on more than one patient knowing he was subjecting his patient to other patient's infectious diseases. Officials also claim some of the tools used had rust on them.

Said the buildings and front lobby were impressive and clean, but what was going on behind the scene was disgusting.
JAG

United States

#37198 Mar 28, 2013
So until people start searching for alternative penis extensions and lose the whole I-got-mine-so-get-forked attitude, no new progress will be made to address this public health crisis.
Misty

United States

#37200 Mar 28, 2013
I know a lot of Oklahoma's residents believe that Native American were second class citizens as they are as racist today. My husband told me that if a Native American was coming down the street, they would either step off the sidewalk till white people passed them. And some even moved out and walked in the road. I thought that was outrageous but he said it happened every day.
Donnie

United States

#37201 Mar 28, 2013
Ok I've lost count. Just how many segments of our population have Republicans managed to totally piss off? They can't seem to get it thru their thick heads that there aren't going to be enough people left in on their side than can provide enough votes to keep them in office. They'll have to step up their vote suppression and introduce a hell of a lot more bullshit laws to keep everyone else from voting. I know, they can introduce a barrage of Bills to repeal the 15th and 19th Amendments. They have a lot of practice under their belts with the ACA,
Marcus

United States

#37202 Mar 28, 2013
Fake Zane wrote:
Things You Won't Hear A Republican Say
Do you think my gut is too big?
One of the many questions Obama will never answer truthfully:

Michelle: "Do you think my butt looks big?"
Jesse

United States

#37203 Mar 28, 2013
More racism from the Republicans; at this point, is anyone even the least bit surprised when these troglodytes start chewing on their feet?
Marcus

United States

#37204 Mar 28, 2013
We all need to remember to take a good stock of rotten eggs and rotten tomatoes to any meeting with a GOP Representative. Pump up your arms and hurl madly, mid tirade.
Packing Heat

United States

#37205 Mar 28, 2013
have an idea for Republicans. Every time they decided to open their mouths in front of a crowd, or a mic, or on television ,or on the radio they need to say this disclaimer

"If I say anything that might offend anyone, I apologize in advance for not knowing what I say might be offensive to some if not all within the sound of my voice. Now if you'll donate $5, 10, 20 or 100 to my PAC, I'll use some of the money to hire a person that will personally read my remarks and delete the offensive words before I say them and any offensive words that escape detection will therefore be the fault of my handler".
Maddy

United States

#37206 Mar 28, 2013
After reading "A Peoples History of the United States", "This Indian Country" and then verifying some of the more unbelievable facts in third party sources I know this:

EVERYTHING THAT I WAS TOLD ABOUT NATIVE AMERICANS IN HISTORY IS A LIE.
Marcus

United States

#37207 Mar 28, 2013
ey learned discourse from their leader, a drug addled radio jock named Rush Limbaugh. Every bagger/republicant I talk to, tries to get into the cocky babbling gibberish rant mode. They are like small children. Keep telling them to get back on subject. It usually only takes three or four reminders and they doze off.
Marcus

United States

#37208 Mar 28, 2013
Easter falls on a different date each year. Have you ever wondered why that is? Technically, Easter falls on the first Sunday after the full Moon after the Vernal Equinox. Kind of a weird way to determine a holiday for a monotheistic religion, don’t you think? How did this method of reckoning Easter’s date come about? It was a way to steal the thunder from another popular god, whose cult was Christianity’s biggest rival. The worship of Attis and Cybele was very popular in Rome as late as the 3rd century. Attis was a soter, or savior, god who was reborn each year. This resurrection was celebrated beginning on the Friday after the full moon after the Vernal equinox (now Good Friday). It culminated on the following Sunday -three days later. Since they were rivals, Christianity adopted the date for their soter and, once the Cybele cult faded, Christians had to keep the date since that was when everybody was used to celebrating the holiday.
Marcus

United States

#37209 Mar 28, 2013
The name, “Easter” comes from a goddess: Her name was Eostre and She was the Mother Goddess of the Saxons of Northern Europe. She was, according to Grimm (yes, one of those Grimms), “goddess of the growing light of spring.” One interesting theory posits that Eostre was the embodiment of the bright, growing half of the year while Holda was the cold, dark winter personified. The dates of Easter are so close to Walpurgisnacht that they may have been concurrent at one time, the night giving way to the first day of Summer. This would make Ostara (the German name for Her holiday) a time of transition. Early in the history of Christianity, many pagan observances were adapted for the new faith. The early missionaries discovered that it was easier to get converts to celebrate a new name than it was a new date.
Marcus

United States

#37210 Mar 28, 2013
There were several soter gods who were very similar to Jesus in pre-Christian cultures. Attis (as mentioned previously), Adonis, Tammuz, Dammuzi, Dionysos, Marduk, Amun and many others have a mythology that parallels that of Jesus. Now, some Christians will use the convenient “satan did it to confuse us” to explain these away. But many others are interested to learn about this phenomenon. Being born of a Virgin, hanging “between earth and sky,” dying and arising again after 3 days… these and other details occur in all stories of a savior god. I won’t go into more detail here (don’t have the room!) but the book, Pagan Christs by by John M. Robertson will fascinate anyone interested in delving deeper.
Marcus

United States

#37211 Mar 28, 2013
Why eggs and why color them? The egg has always been a symbol of fertility, creation and rebirth. Many ancient cultures’ creation myths involved the earth being hatched from an egg. Though other societies may not have had such a creation myth, they still held the egg as a symbol of new life. Not such a stretch, really, when you consider that every living thing began as an egg. The ancient Persians and Egyptians exchanged colored eggs, usually red, in honor of spring. The Greeks and Romans adopted the custom, enlarging the color palette. In Medieval Europe, eggs were forbidden during Lent. This made eggs very popular at Easter. The Eastern Europeans have a history of creating beautifully colored and decorated eggs, entailing intricate designs with deep meanings. The Russians took this – and indeed, the entire celebration of Easter – to the extreme. Faberge eggs were first created as elaborate Easter gifts for the Russian royal family to give to friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 38 min 123picture 169,740
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 168,230
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 2 hr yerty 3,150
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr Pork 68,436
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr Jemima 59,644
Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Guest 4,220
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Bedwetting Liberals 99,850
More from around the web