OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Donnie

United States

#37159 Mar 28, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I donot understand why so many fight the idea about having to show a picture ID to vote. I have to show one along with my insurance cards to get health care. I also have to show a picture ID when I pick my grandkids up at school. So why not when we vote! Why is government time being wasted about this?
I know it makes no sense unless you want to have people voting multiple times or illegals voting!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#37160 Mar 28, 2013
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it makes no sense unless you want to have people voting multiple times or illegals voting!
Dumb me when I go vote for anything I have my voters ID and Drivers License out and show it. I have always done this. It cause me no problems and it is not any trouble getting them out of my billfold and putting them back in my billfold and I am 70.
Donnie

United States

#37161 Mar 28, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb me when I go vote for anything I have my voters ID and Drivers License out and show it. I have always done this. It cause me no problems and it is not any trouble getting them out of my billfold and putting them back in my billfold and I am 70.
No. It means your honest and people like justaliar....well her nickname says it all! She wants to win not because her left wingnut ideas are better but because she will cheat,lie and steal to win any election.
Maddy

United States

#37162 Mar 28, 2013
President Barack Hussein Obama somehow found it possible to commit the federal government to acquiring more debt by obtaining 5 new NATIONAL MONUMENTS. He did so by using the Antiquities Act. Thereby circumventing Congress in the whole process.

Coincidental? I don't think so!

All 5 are located in "blue" states which voted for Obama in the last election.

Press was "banned" from the ceremony but after the signing the deputy press secretary, Josh Earnest had these words to share with the American public. Signing ceremony was on 3/25/2013 and closed to the press and the public.

"President Obama decision was a way to celebrate our history. so it was a important reason for why the president took this step"(Josh Earnest,deputy
press secretary)

Really?

Why don't you open the White House Tours? Why are you denying America's children from visiting the "people house?"
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#37163 Mar 28, 2013
Maddy wrote:
President Barack Hussein Obama somehow found it possible to commit the federal government to acquiring more debt by obtaining 5 new NATIONAL MONUMENTS. He did so by using the Antiquities Act. Thereby circumventing Congress in the whole process.
Press was "banned" from the ceremony but after the signing the deputy press secretary, Josh Earnest had these words to share with the American public. Signing ceremony was on 3/25/2013 and closed to the press and the public.
"President Obama decision was a way to celebrate our history. so it was a important reason for why the president took this step"(Josh Earnest,deputy
press secretary)Does he think this is what he promised about have his administration being an open government? This President now I guess feels like he does not even have act like he is the peoples President. This is what I would call lying threw ones teeth!.
Really?
Why don't you open the White House Tours? Why are you denying America's children from visiting the "people house?"
Does he think this is what he promised about having his administration being an open government? This President now I guess feels like he does not even have act like he is the peoples President. This is what I would call lying threw ones teeth!.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#37164 Mar 28, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Are you laughing about the cost of health care going up and it is being said it is to keep going up and it is because of your Obamacare. It is also being reported that that cost is going to be alot high than what Obama, Reid and Pelosi said.
Come on Just there are idiots in both Parties!
Reading comprehension is important. I was highlighting the fact that I was not the other 'jokester' on here like Donnie and Ronnie and Jesse have been screaming about by saying I prefer use real life stupidity of Republicans than jokes out of a joke book.

I also thinks it's very shortsighted of you not to recall health care costs were rising to incredible levels before Obama or Obamacare came on the scene.

As well as a deliberate failure to acknowledge that the health insurance industry refusal to insure people or pay claims. Or people going bankrupt because of a hospital bill.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#37165 Mar 28, 2013
Maddy wrote:
press secretary)
Really?
Well all the Republicans have to do is agree that there has to be revenue increases to the government you would get those tours back. After all those days off that the House takes and it's refusal to even work with Dems sure wastes money. By refusing to work with the President after he was elected again is just another attempt by Republicans to control the government after they lost the election.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#37166 Mar 28, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading comprehension is important. I was highlighting the fact that I was not the other 'jokester' on here like Donnie and Ronnie and Jesse have been screaming about by saying I prefer use real life stupidity of Republicans than jokes out of a joke book.
I also thinks it's very shortsighted of you not to recall health care costs were rising to incredible levels before Obama or Obamacare came on the scene.
As well as a deliberate failure to acknowledge that the health insurance industry refusal to insure people or pay claims. Or people going bankrupt because of a hospital bill.
Well I have never thought you were the one posting under everyones names! I also think it unrealistic of you not to think that Obamacare is going to cost this country dearly. Both in money and the value of healthcare people will be getting. The only exception to the rule will be the very very rich!
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#37167 Mar 28, 2013
It sure is funny that the only cases brought up for prosecuting of voter fraud have been against Republicans. And to the point that Republicans are frothing about something that happens at the rate of 0.0004 during elections.

Nor does it excuse Republicans that controlled elections in other states to shut down early voting and make people stand in line for hours and hours to vote.

Or the attempts to purge voter rolls just a month before an election like Texas, Florida and others tried to do. They have all that time before an election is held to clean up the rolls but no, we're going to do it right before the election.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#37168 Mar 28, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well I have never thought you were the one posting under everyones names! I also think it unrealistic of you not to think that Obamacare is going to cost this country dearly. Both in money and the value of healthcare people will be getting. The only exception to the rule will be the very very rich!
Thanks, you were the only one.

It was shown when comparing health care costs in the rest of the world that a hip replacement costs $40,000 in the US, and less that $16,000 in the rest of civilized world.

We also pay a markup on medication around 200 and 300% than the rest of the world.

Republicans have refused to confront the rising costs of healthcare and just sat by while more and more Americans were shut out of the American healthcare system.

And they refused to even take part in working with the Dems in putting it in place even after Obamacare was taken straight from the Republicans own ideas on healthcare reform.

Obama was re-elected and people want healthcare reform. Everyone can sit back and grouse about it but the people want it and obviously re-electing the President proves it.

And money for those White House tours might be available instead of the stupid waste of money and time by House Republicans hold what is it the 47th vote to Repeal Obamacare that they know will never reach the Presidents desk. You know the stupidity of doing one thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome? Yeah, it shows Republican stupidity.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#37169 Mar 28, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, you were the only one.
It was shown when comparing health care costs in the rest of the world that a hip replacement costs $40,000 in the US, and less that $16,000 in the rest of civilized world.
We also pay a markup on medication around 200 and 300% than the rest of the world.
Republicans have refused to confront the rising costs of healthcare and just sat by while more and more Americans were shut out of the American healthcare system.
And they refused to even take part in working with the Dems in putting it in place even after Obamacare was taken straight from the Republicans own ideas on healthcare reform.
Obama was re-elected and people want healthcare reform. Everyone can sit back and grouse about it but the people want it and obviously re-electing the President proves it.
And money for those White House tours might be available instead of the stupid waste of money and time by House Republicans hold what is it the 47th vote to Repeal Obamacare that they know will never reach the Presidents desk. You know the stupidity of doing one thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome? Yeah, it shows Republican stupidity.
And how were our wages at that time of comparison to those countries they were comparing the cost to? I know there is not many countries I would travel to to have any kind of surgery. Since I got sick the end of Aug. 2012 and had to have 2 major colon surgeries I do appreciate the medical doctors and hospital that did take care of me.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#37170 Mar 28, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>And how were our wages at that time of comparison to those countries they were comparing the cost to? I know there is not many countries I would travel to to have any kind of surgery. Since I got sick the end of Aug. 2012 and had to have 2 major colon surgeries I do appreciate the medical doctors and hospital that did take care of me.
Because you were covered under medicare.

Scandinavian countries make MORE money than we do. It was England and France and those numbers are current.

And there are plenty of Americans that do medical tourism. Especially when it highlighted that their doctors were trained in the US.

You know we keep sliding down the scale on positive medical outcomes so we rank around 23rd in the world as having a positive health care outcome. And in the 30's for efficent use of money in our health care system.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#37171 Mar 28, 2013
Plus Tamara, you voted for the Republicans and they want to voucherize Medicare for the rest of the generations that will be paying into the Medicare system that you receive now. If your chosen outcome had happened during the election Medicare in your lifetime would have gone to a weak and anemic system that you have today. You can't expect people to willing pay into a system that you use while denying them the same system.

You may have paid into the system but as I have said a hundred times before, your money is not being held just for you to use or even meets the costs of what you have used.

Our generation is larger, a lot larger than the one replacing it. Their the ones paying for our Medicare usage. Unfortunately for us a lot of them have lost their jobs and their wages have stagnated to the point that legally what they are paying in is less money than before.

Added to the fact that while some are sure making more money, the cap of $106,000 wage level for contributions to Social Security and Medicare haven't been raised in years and when it comes up for a vote the Republicans filibustered it every time.

That is one reason it is so stupid to fuss about all the illegals and not give them a path to citizenship. Sure wouldn't want them having to pay into the system to keep it afloat. No sirree....

You know the baby boom generation is like a large elephant wanting a smaller animal to hold it up and keep their benefits while the smaller animal makes less money, has less ability to achieve a place in the middle class and has less benefits.

That's frankly like the old saying of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Maddy

United States

#37172 Mar 28, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
It sure is funny that the only cases brought up for prosecuting of voter fraud have been against Republicans. And to the point that Republicans are frothing about something that happens at the rate of 0.0004 during elections.
Nor does it excuse Republicans that controlled elections in other states to shut down early voting and make people stand in line for hours and hours to vote.
Or the attempts to purge voter rolls just a month before an election like Texas, Florida and others tried to do. They have all that time before an election is held to clean up the rolls but no, we're going to do it right before the election.
Totally FALSE. In Ohio a democratic voter who was also a pollster was charged with voting not less than 6 times in the last national election. I know you know this because it was posted on this thread as well as others.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#37173 Mar 28, 2013
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally FALSE. In Ohio a democratic voter who was also a pollster was charged with voting not less than 6 times in the last national election. I know you know this because it was posted on this thread as well as others.
Oh really and that swung the election to Obama huh?

Maddy no matter how many times you bring up one person out of over 300 million qualified voters in the US is kinda of ridiculous don't you think?

Your side lost the election and it wasn't due to voter fraud it was do to the ideas that your side holds and voters rejected Republicans.

The Republicans held an 'autopsy'on why they lost. That should give you a clue to the higher up's in your parties thinking that their party is dead. LOL

But keep on with your what I call a derangement system concerning Dems and we will wave bye bye as your party slowly fade off into the sunset.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#37174 Mar 28, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you were covered under medicare.
Scandinavian countries make MORE money than we do. It was England and France and those numbers are current.
And there are plenty of Americans that do medical tourism. Especially when it highlighted that their doctors were trained in the US.
You know we keep sliding down the scale on positive medical outcomes so we rank around 23rd in the world as having a positive health care outcome. And in the 30's for efficent use of money in our health care system.
So are you saying I got good care because I am now on Medicare? Wouldn't I have gotten the same care before I was on Medicare? My care was no tbecause I was on Medicare!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#37175 Mar 28, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Plus Tamara, you voted for the Republicans and they want to voucherize Medicare for the rest of the generations that will be paying into the Medicare system that you receive now. If your chosen outcome had happened during the election Medicare in your lifetime would have gone to a weak and anemic system that you have today. You can't expect people to willing pay into a system that you use while denying them the same system.
You may have paid into the system but as I have said a hundred times before, your money is not being held just for you to use or even meets the costs of what you have used.
Our generation is larger, a lot larger than the one replacing it. Their the ones paying for our Medicare usage. Unfortunately for us a lot of them have lost their jobs and their wages have stagnated to the point that legally what they are paying in is less money than before.
Added to the fact that while some are sure making more money, the cap of $106,000 wage level for contributions to Social Security and Medicare haven't been raised in years and when it comes up for a vote the Republicans filibustered it every time.
That is one reason it is so stupid to fuss about all the illegals and not give them a path to citizenship. Sure wouldn't want them having to pay into the system to keep it afloat. No sirree....
You know the baby boom generation is like a large elephant wanting a smaller animal to hold it up and keep their benefits while the smaller animal makes less money, has less ability to achieve a place in the middle class and has less benefits.
That's frankly like the old saying of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Yes I paid into the system while I bought my own health insurance. Yes I know money is not just being held in my name. It sort of like My Mother died before she ever drew any of her Social Security which paid into for years! She was working a full time job in a doctors office and died at age 73! So the government got some freeby Social Security money. There are other people that has also died before they ever got to claim their Social Security money. I am not denying nothing to anyone. If they don't get out there and try to take of themselves then they are the ones denying themself things! Guess what never did my husband and I expected anyone to pay our way when we left our parents home!
Marcus

United States

#37177 Mar 28, 2013
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you're correct. She even admitted to voting in the place of her daughter, lol.
Marcus

United States

#37178 Mar 28, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really and that swung the election to Obama huh?
Maddy no matter how many times you bring up one person out of over 300 million qualified voters in the US is kinda of ridiculous don't you think?
Your side lost the election and it wasn't due to voter fraud it was do to the ideas that your side holds and voters rejected Republicans.
The Republicans held an 'autopsy'on why they lost. That should give you a clue to the higher up's in your parties thinking that their party is dead. LOL
But keep on with your what I call a derangement system concerning Dems and we will wave bye bye as your party slowly fade off into the sunset.
Stop being a dumbazz. She was responding directly to your false claim that only republicans were being prosecuted for voter fraud which is patently untrue.
Marcus

United States

#37179 Mar 28, 2013
Maddy wrote:
press secretary)
Really?
Didn't even hear about this. They sure kept it quiet! The feds already have 45,000 to 50,000 buildings which are empty and being maintained without a soul working in them...some for decades and instead putting the real estate up for sale so our country isn't being bled to death, Obama decides to buy more real estate.

Yeah makes perfect sense if you're a progressive liberal airhead. Math isn't Obama's best subject.

You would think that Obama would understand how bad this looks from a political standpoint...someone pooped the bed fred, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min General Robert E Lee 107,082
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Trump Failed Again 278,964
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in New York's ... (Nov '14) 39 min Searching 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 8 hr DNC RIP 2017 110,054
Election Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr positronium 6,494
Election Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 11 hr researcher 8,710
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 20 hr Ronnie Republican 101,382
More from around the web