1,538 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

United States

#36464 Mar 11, 2013
please don't forget that the warlike posturing and insipid drum beating of the u.s. is what has led to all the terrorism that we've experienced.
Marcus

United States

#36465 Mar 11, 2013
How would planes be flying into building if we didn't attack Iraq? How was a war of choice and agression against Iraq "protecting ourselves"? What is American about the Iraq war
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#36467 Mar 11, 2013
MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting story. I spent my entire day interviewing applicants for a job opening I advertised. I had half a dozen interviewed by noon today all were college grads and 2 had MBA's. When I asked them questions about their families and future plans the majority didn't have confidence with the direction of the country and 3 of them had been laid off former jobs and 1 of the 3 had lost his home because he couldn't find a new job.
3 of the six I interviewed were former successful business owners who had employees and had been in business for over 10 years and because of new licensing and insurance requirements and the increased cost (overhead) of operating business they decided to close the doors on their business and seek employment elsewhere.
These people I interviewed drove anywhere from 20 to 150 miles to apply for this job opening.
They are all concerned over the direction of America. Everyone of them mentioned the disconnect between the American People and our politicians in Washington D.C. they feel betrayed, they worked hard paid alot of taxes along the way and now they are practically begging for a job. 4 of the applicants told me they had sent out numerous resumes and my company was the only one to call them in for a interview.
Not one said they were happy with Obama not one said they were going to support him in the coming election. They all said they were active voters and they and their spouses would vote without fail.
What does all of that mean? Well I would surmise from the sampling of the people I spoke with today it's not looking too good for Obama.
Justaminute is this MistyGirls post you keep going on about? It is posted on page 1255 post #25696 and she was posting to Dusty on Aug 13, 2012.

Sounds like her interviews were to get a feeling to where the people she was interview was coming from and wanted for themselves in the future.

Thanks for the info Packing Heat!
Mandy

United States

#36468 Mar 11, 2013
Ashley Judd All But Certain To Run For Senate
Conservatives taking aim at actress and activist
JAG

United States

#36469 Mar 11, 2013
If Ashley runs Ashley wins. Bank on it. Then McConnell won't be able to filibuster himself any more.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#36471 Mar 11, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Justaminute is this MistyGirls post you keep going on about? It is posted on page 1255 post #25696 and she was posting to Dusty on Aug 13, 2012.
Sounds like her interviews were to get a feeling to where the people she was interview was coming from and wanted for themselves in the future.
Thanks for the info Packing Heat!

Your welcome!

Since: Jul 12

Oklahoma City, OK

#36472 Mar 11, 2013
Bluebird wrote:
<quoted text>
...and your smarter than average...way smarter :)
Why thank you.
Donnie

United States

#36473 Mar 11, 2013
INVENTIONS BY REPUBLICANS

1) Inflatable dart board.
2) Glow-in-the-dark sunglasses.
3) A book on how to read.
4) Solar-powered flashlight.
5) Screen door on a submarine.
Marcus

United States

#36474 Mar 11, 2013
For a change of pace we ordered a Bush Pizza last weekend. Disappointment. Turned out to be a plain base with "IOU" squirted in tomato sauce.
TAMARA

United States

#36475 Mar 11, 2013
What's the difference between a New York fairytale and a Oklahoma fairytale?

A NEWYORK fairytale begins 'Once upon a time...'

A Oklahoma fairytale begins 'Y'all ain't gonna believe this shi!t...
Zane

United States

#36476 Mar 11, 2013
What's a Oakie?

The same thing as a Quickie

but a guy can do it alone
Bluebird

United States

#36477 Mar 11, 2013
Jesus enters the tavern and the door blows open again after he had closed it, Govenor Fallin shouts

"close the door where were you born in a barn"
Rational Tulsans

Collinsville, OK

#36478 Mar 11, 2013
eye protector: P. Johnson; November 2, 1880
fire escape ladder: J. W. Winters; May 7, 1878
fire extinguisher: T. Marshall; October 26, 1872
folding bed: L. C. Bailey; July 18, 1899
folding chair: Brody & Surgwar; June 11, 1889
fountain pen: W. B. Purvis; January 7, 1890
furniture caster: O. A. Fisher; 1878
gas mask: Garrett Morgan; October 13, 1914
golf tee: T. Grant; December 12, 1899
guitar: Robert F. Flemming, Jr. March 3, 1886
hair brush: Lydia O. Newman; November 15,18--
hand stamp: Walter B. Purvis; February 27, 1883
horse shoe: J. Ricks; March 30, 1885
ice cream scooper: A. L. Cralle; February 2, 1897
improv. sugar making: Norbet Rillieux; December 10, 1846
insect-destroyer gun: A. C. Richard; February 28, 1899
ironing board: Sarah Boone; December 30, 1887
key chain: F. J. Loudin; January 9, 1894
lantern: Michael C. Harvey; August 19, 1884
lawn mower: L. A. Burr; May 19, 1889
lawn sprinkler: J. W. Smith; May 4, 1897
lemon squeezer: J. Thomas White; December 8, 1893
lock: W. A. Martin; July 23, 18--
lubricating cup: Ellijah McCoy; November 15, 1895
lunch pail: James Robinson; 1887
mail box: Paul L. Downing; October 27, 1891
mop: Thomas W. Stewart; June 11, 1893
motor: Frederick M. Jones; June 27, 1939
peanut butter: George Washington Carver; 1896
pencil sharpener: J. L. Love; November 23, 1897
record player arm: Joseph Hunger Dickenson January 8, 1819
refrigerator: J. Standard; June 14, 1891
riding saddles: W. D. Davis; October 6, 1895
rolling pin: John W. Reed; 1864
shampoo headrest: C. O. Bailiff; October 11, 1898
spark plug: Edmond Berger; February 2, 1839
stethoscope: Imhotep; Ancient Egypt
stove: T. A. Carrington; July 25, 1876
straightening comb: Madam C. J. Walker; Approx 1905
street sweeper: Charles B. Brooks; March 17, 1890
phone transmitter: Granville T. Woods; December 2, 1884
thermostat control: Frederick M. Jones; February 23, 1960
traffic light: Garrett Morgan; November 20, 1923
tricycle: M. A. Cherry; May 6, 1886
typewriter: Burridge & Marshman; April 7, 1885

Oklahoma City, OK

#36479 Mar 11, 2013
Donnie wrote:
INVENTIONS BY REPUBLICANS
1) Inflatable dart board.
2) Glow-in-the-dark sunglasses.
3) A book on how to read.
4) Solar-powered flashlight.
5) Screen door on a submarine.
I'd prefer it if you stuck with intelligent conversation.

...or should I bring out the fact that Democrats created the wooden heater?

Oklahoma City, OK

#36480 Mar 11, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
What's the difference between a New York fairytale and a Oklahoma fairytale?
A NEWYORK fairytale begins 'Once upon a time...'
A Oklahoma fairytale begins 'Y'all ain't gonna believe this shi!t...
I laughed. Thanks for that one.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#36481 Mar 11, 2013
The Fake TAMARA wrote:
please don't forget that the warlike posturing and insipid drum beating of the u.s. is what has led to all the terrorism that we've experienced.

You ignorant lying liberal bastard, Islamic terrorism is a form of religious terrorism committed by extremists of Islam mostly for the religious beliefs and sometimes on achieving varying political ends again in the name of religion. Islamic terrorism has been identified as taking place in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and United States since the 1970s. Iraq never came into play until the 1990s you mental midget! Islamic terrorist organizations have been known to engage in tactics including suicide attacks, hijackings, kidnapping and is now recruiting new members through the Internet.

Some scholars, such as Mark Burgess of the Center for Defense Information, trace the roots of Islamic terrorism back to the 11th-century Assassins, an order of Isma'ili Shi'ism that targeted political and religious opponents who stood in the way of the Assassins' sectarian ideology. In positing a continuity between Islamic terrorism's medieval and modern manifestations, Burgess identifies a common underlying motive, namely loyalty to a divine imperative, and similar tactics, such as actively seeking out martyrdom.

The emergence of modern Islamic terrorism has its roots in the 19th century. The Wahhabi movement, an Arabian fundamentalist movement that formed in the 18th century, began to establish a broad following during the 1800s and gradually inspired other fundamentalist movements during the 20th century. Waves of politically motivated terrorist movements in Europe during the 1800s (e.g. the Narodnaya Volya, the Irish Republican Brotherhood, the Armenian Revolutionary Federation) and early 1900s (e.g. the IRA, the Irgun) served as inspirations and models which would inspire the Islamists over the course of the 20th century and beyond.

During the Cold War, the United States and the United Kingdom supported the rise of fundamentalist groups in the Middle East and South Asia as a hedge against Soviet expansion and as a means to weaken anti-Western nationalist movements in some countries. According to Burgess, the escalation of terrorism during the later 20th century has its roots in three pivotal events circa 1979: the Iranian Revolution, the post-Cold War global religious revival, and the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan.

These events, Burgess goes on to argue, were factors that fueled a recourse to religious terrorism. American historian Walter Laqueur described the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan as the "global trigger" of Islamic terrorism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terroris...
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#36482 Mar 11, 2013
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
Really you are thanking the wrong person on this one. There is a quick to figuring out at least with me which is the real TAMARA posting sominthing or not.
But anyway HI to you!

From some of the posting on here lately some one either needs a job or to get a new Hobby!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#36483 Mar 11, 2013
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh by the way even though I was born in Oklahoma but raised till I was 17 in Kansas I must not be a true Oklahoman. It would not be you aren't going to believe this shit but I don't believe this shit.

Oklahoma City, OK

#36484 Mar 11, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Oh by the way even though I was born in Oklahoma but raised till I was 17 in Kansas I must not be a true Oklahoman. It would not be you aren't going to believe this shit but I don't believe this shit.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the former.

Still better than the Wisconsin fairy tale:

"Sooo, focken..."
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#36485 Mar 11, 2013
DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
The usage of ain't drives me crazy. Another thing that drives me nuts when you hear people tell something that has to do with them and someone else and they go 'me and Boy Wonder' saw the man run off (this is example). I was taught to say Boy Wonder and I saw the man run off. You would be surprise who and how many put themselves first. Now I say the correct way is Boy Wonder and I. What do you or anyone else say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 3 min Mechanic_45 3,690
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 10 min Mgtn Res 72,133
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Old Guy 34,851
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 hr Limbertwig 171,630
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 hr Synergy 62,104
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 hr Kitty Girl 61,785
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 8 hr Not Landrieu 4,752
More from around the web