OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jesse

United States

#36252 Mar 9, 2013
I know bluebird didn't post those post. Your not fooling anyone bimbo.
Jesse

United States

#36253 Mar 9, 2013
What's the matter did Obama's sequestor ground your boy?
Zane

Longview, TX

#36254 Mar 9, 2013
I just retired this week from the Army after giving 13 years of my life, and through two different wars I am now 90 percent permanently disabled. Whenever someone would utter one of these phrases to me - mind you, as I limped from my car into Wal-Mart - it always left me with one of the most uncomfortable feelings. I did not like it, for I really didn't feel appreciated. And now that I am dealing with the horrors of the VA, I feel even less appreciated.

I went to Walgreen's the other day to get a prescription filled for my 1-year old child. They would not accept my military insurance. I was quite puzzled. Matter of fact, when I presented my military I.D.- standard for our insurance vrrification - the pharmacist looked at me like I had just insulted his favorite auntie, and asked, "Uh, what's this? Do you have your insurance card?" Frustrated, I left, and later researched the fact that Walgreens quit accepting military insurance in January over a contract dispute with eScripts. Support, my ass!

I had to visit the same Walgreens the next day for some cold medicine, and the clerk had the nerve to ask me if I would like to donate a $1 to support the National Guard. I told her my plight with the insurance two days earlier, explained how I just gave 90% of my ability to the Army, and asked if she REALLY felt I should help an organization put on a facade of support when they won't take our insurance. She did not respond.

Support, my ass!*sigh*
Jesse

Longview, TX

#36255 Mar 9, 2013
yep you are right it shows how sick our society really is a fellow vet friend of mine is on the verge of giving up everyday is a struggle no one understands One day there will be no one left but the psychopaths they are the only ones who without conscious can commit such atrocities and not suffer- suicide is sad and horrible but sometimes it is the only way out of the suffering in this life all the money they say they secured for this or that program to help the veterans or any other group of people in our society seems to never reach those who its meant for the veterans are used in many ways and those "lucky enough " to make it through the claims process and get their benefits live under constant threat from the VA of loosing them- the VA can violate the Veterans Constitutional rights and suffer no consequence Veterans have been committing suicide because they are not only suffering the seen and unseen injury's the VA is pouring salt on the wound repeatedly perhaps hoping the vet will just give up and commit suicide- personally I decided just the other day to give up everything I own , if I have any income left I will be donating it - the only way that we will ever be able to help is if we do it ourselves .we have to help each other - I don't know if I will make it much further really I am so exhausted but I pray the rest of you wont ever give up because I know that if you do give up then there will be no hope for anything good right or beautiful
Jag

Longview, TX

#36256 Mar 9, 2013
We are supporting our children when we tell them the truth about the U.S. military-industrial-complex. We support our troops when we demand our politicians bring them home NOW!!! This must include spreading the word -- VOTE third parties!
Packing Heat

Longview, TX

#36257 Mar 9, 2013
A continuous war goes on and our Veterans sleep in the streets of America tonight our valued war heros both men and women struggle to survive something as difficult as the protection they offered all the fat cats in D.C.

I say to all soilders to lay down their weapons and come home and to a prospective soilders don't bother to join our armed services because there is nothing waiting for you when you return to our beloved america. Don't believe the men in their shiny uniforms that want to recruit you and promise you the world when you return, there is nothing, only nightmares and the empty eyes of americans who are oblivious to who you are and what you've been through. If your lucky the street will become your only friend and not a jail cell where many find themselves.

Refuse to fight America for the fat cats in D.C. who don't care about you or your families "They" only care about their end-game, YOU are only a casualty of war.
Jesse

United States

#36258 Mar 9, 2013
Get out of the military and do what justaminute? Jobs are hard to come by and with your son being a pilot good luck with him finding an opening flying anything close to what he did in the military.

Why don't you show the courage to post under your name?

j-u-s-t-a-m-i-N-U-T-e
Marcus

Longview, TX

#36259 Mar 9, 2013
A couple of points of clarification: most 'soldiers' don't join the service for ideological reasons. They join for pragmatic reasons--a paying job with good benefits, including training that maybe beneficial in their post-service lives. And whether or not they believe in the madness of warfare, every taxpayer 'supports the troops' vis-à-vis the tax system. In reality 'We the people' have no more say in the policy of 'continuous warfare'(an invention of the Third Reich enthusiastically carried on by the American Empire) then we do in the medical care system. If we did there would be no more wars and our taxes would instead be used to pay for services such as medical care for all. The concept of 'universal soldier' has been sanctified for reasons of hegemonic support (re: patriotism). The best way to support soldiers is end warfare. As Einstein put it so well: "This topic brings me to that worst outcrop of herd life, the military system, which I abhor. This plague-spot of civilization ought to be abolished with all possible speed. Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism—how passionately I hate them!"
Donnie

Longview, TX

#36260 Mar 9, 2013
77 active duty soldiers committed suicide in 2012. Less, 176, we killed in action. If rabid "supporters" are yelling about body armor, guns, tanks, even submarines (really Mitt?), then they must yell louder about what's causing the most deaths: suicide. How is a $2.75 billion sub going to save even one soldier from suicide.

Suicide is most likely when a person loses meaning in their life. What meaning for life can these soldiers realize from this kind of endless ground war without a clear goal? Without a winnable goal, people give up.

Friends, let's focus now on the suicides and ask the Hawks for "how" they want to "support the troops" more numerously dying from suicide, while on active duty. I can imagine their solution is more propaganda about the glory of these kids of wars. If only the troops could be better programmed that Afghanistan is noble, they could be OK. No amount of military hardware will save one soldier from suicide!
Jesse

Longview, TX

#36261 Mar 9, 2013
War kills mothers and fathers. War kills children on their way to school. War grinds everything that is good in the world into dust. The very idea that a war can be fought for a virtuous reason is ludicrous! War is the purest form of evil on earth, and those that participate in it do the Devil's work!
Jesse

United States

#36262 Mar 9, 2013
Must have just received her liberal progressive talking points from Ariana Huffington and friends or did you plagarized this from little green footballs maybe dailykos?
Jesse

United States

#36263 Mar 9, 2013
Vote third party? Justaminute did Obama go down a point or two in the polls?
Zane

Longview, TX

#36264 Mar 9, 2013
I once tried a friends Ritalin "to stay awake" for a long drive. Stuff makes cocaine seem like baking flour, one pill almost gave me a heart attack, then I couldn't breathe. I thought, wow some people take this stuff daily? Why not just let them smoke crystal meth? Here's what parents should do, just like you test a baby's milk on your wrist before you let the baby burn its mouth, why not test you kid's drugs? If it makes you see zombies and you suddenly get the urge to kill everyone around you, then maybe you shouldn't give it to your kids. Here's another idea, if your kid hates school, take your kid out of school! They've had kids a lot longer than they've had public education, teach the little monsters yourself, or if you have no intention of raising them, then quit popping them out of your cervix! It's a reproductive organ not a popcorn machine!
Bluebird

Longview, TX

#36265 Mar 9, 2013
Drugs as part of the chemical environment of the brain, experiences in the surrounding environment and gene expression are all contributing factors, and all affect the cognitive process. And, as Freud said in so many words; pathological phenomena are truth about normality itself.
Donnie

United States

#36266 Mar 9, 2013
Woman needs to be committed. Twilight Zone on steroids! Since she's all about whatever she thinks effects her personally like gay sex, abortion and so forth, the only conclusion I can make is her son told her to STFU and he's re-enlisting, LOL
Packing Heat

Longview, TX

#36267 Mar 9, 2013
I do not want to say this, but not everything is about Tulsa. Come to Vinita and speak with our war vets. You will get an eye opener!!
Donnie

United States

#36268 Mar 9, 2013
Wipe the froth and foam covering your mouth and chin, it's a distraction from all the garbage you post.
Donnie

United States

#36269 Mar 9, 2013
That sasquatch is tripping!
Donnie

Longview, TX

#36270 Mar 9, 2013
Too much is going on. Our National Guard has been deployed for the 4th time last summer (the Guard Unit in my city). Some have come back, other are still either in Iraq or Afghanistan. Many have been locked up in the state mental unit in Prague with no help from the VA. Families have been torn apart and jobs are scarce here, most businesses do not want to hire vets because of the 'probable loss time due to illness, depression, ptsd.' When our vets need to be able to deal with what they have seen and been through our state does not want to employ them because 'they aren't fit to work.' Our wonderful (sarcasm) Gov. Fallin has decided to cut State spending for vet care and all mental health care. Medicaid (which would help our vets get care) has been cut. I know vets are haunted, my father was in Vietnam, my brother in Desert Storm. We are a large state in size, but a small state in population, however, the pressure to join the military is immense. I do not have the recent numbers at this time, but I will get them if you want. I just know that almost 1/3 of my city alone has served.
Marcus

Longview, TX

#36271 Mar 9, 2013
I have been entangled with the bureaucracy of the V.A. With both my father and my brother. Father fought in Vietnam, brother in Desert Storm.
I have helped the homeless in our area, and continue to do so with as much as I can do as only one person.
I have helped rape victims (military and non-military).
I have helped both Veteran's and their spouses-mostly alcoholism that starts when the spouse is sent to war and again when the soldier returns and can't cope.
I have not been able to stand in front of a house that is being foreclosed only because our city laws prevent it and if there is even a "stink" that something like that will happen, they pull up with the "paddy-wagon" and even the residents of the home are arrested. Plus these vultures usually foreclose and evict in the middle of the night.(Pathetic, right?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 min Obamas BACK 109,628
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 14 min The WindBag 101,393
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Soetoro Sucked 265,094
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 10 hr Dalai Lama 101,168
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 19 hr Kilroy 760
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Sun Dummy 965
Election The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Apr 21 Another nameless ... 11,306
More from around the web