• No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
34,701 - 34,720 of 75,147 Comments Last updated 30 min ago
JAG

United States

#35529 Mar 1, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Yep I agree 6.2% is higher than 4.2%. But my point it had always been for years 6.2% untill Obama lowered it. Then that tax break expired. It was not suppose to be a forever tax break. But Obama should have never changed it in the first place. But since he did what program was the first to be threaten by Obama when it had to do with money and the budget for this country? I will tell you Social Security each and everytime. Never was Obama's salary threaten or the people in the House or Congress! As far as the healthcare bill you get fined if you do not carry it. It will be added to your earned income as earned income. So who's fault is this. Obama! It was a given healthcare cost was going to go up but most people turned a blind eye to that. Still today alot of people think this healthcare program is a freeby and to alot it will be. I myself actually donot know one person that has been for this healthcare program these people are from both parties. Now you can thank the healthcare program to 2 other people who played a major role with Obama in getting it passed. Nancy Pelosi which thinks as it as her bill and Harry Reid. This last escaped that went into affect today was an attempt to bully the Republicans and the House to give inot all of the Democrat demands. The only one thing I do agree with is the rich donot pay their fair share of taxes and I do think that needs to be addressed. I am not saying that they should be over taxed. The government should be working on getting unnecesary funding to unnecesary programs. I am seeing actually fault of both parties that has put this country in jeopardy big time.
I thought those tax breaks were Bush's fault?
Donnie

United States

#35530 Mar 1, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Yep I agree 6.2% is higher than 4.2%. But my point it had always been for years 6.2% untill Obama lowered it. Then that tax break expired. It was not suppose to be a forever tax break. But Obama should have never changed it in the first place. But since he did what program was the first to be threaten by Obama when it had to do with money and the budget for this country? I will tell you Social Security each and everytime. Never was Obama's salary threaten or the people in the House or Congress! As far as the healthcare bill you get fined if you do not carry it. It will be added to your earned income as earned income. So who's fault is this. Obama! It was a given healthcare cost was going to go up but most people turned a blind eye to that. Still today alot of people think this healthcare program is a freeby and to alot it will be. I myself actually donot know one person that has been for this healthcare program these people are from both parties. Now you can thank the healthcare program to 2 other people who played a major role with Obama in getting it passed. Nancy Pelosi which thinks as it as her bill and Harry Reid. This last escaped that went into affect today was an attempt to bully the Republicans and the House to give inot all of the Democrat demands. The only one thing I do agree with is the rich donot pay their fair share of taxes and I do think that needs to be addressed. I am not saying that they should be over taxed. The government should be working on getting unnecesary funding to unnecesary programs. I am seeing actually fault of both parties that has put this country in jeopardy big time.
All I'm saying is for those who still have a job our bring home pay is being nailed by taxes and under ObamaCare whatever company insurance I have will be taxed as income received which SUCKS big time. Then with the increase cost of living even though our government tells us we don't have a inflation problem anyone who buys groceries or pays utilities or buy gas to drive to work knows our cost of living has dramatically gone up. Then the tallies show that Americans all lost 3.6% income in January and in about 25 to 30 days we'll find out how much additional loss in income we had in February. This is INSANE!

For Obama to go out and blame this sequestration on repubs is just a big fat lie since this is his and his white house's idea. Then he's been on every channel (and I have cable)telling us it's the repubs fault when in truth, he only spent 7 whole minutes on Thursday's meeting with the repubs. If I spent only 7 minutes on my job I'd be given a pink slip.

I believe social security is sacred and shouldn't be touched if a person paid into the system they shouldn't constantly have the dinky little amount they get every month threatened. The problem with social security is people who never paid one cent into the system have been milking it for decades. If my parents had lived to be 100 yrs old they would have never come close to receiving what they paid into the system and God willing I will be the same!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#35531 Mar 1, 2013
JAG wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought those tax breaks were Bush's fault?
How much will your taxes change?”For millions of wage earners, the most immediate effect would be the lapse of a two-percentage-point payroll-tax cut that was part of a deal President Barack Obama struck with Republicans late in 2010. It lowered to 4.2% from 6.2% the employee portion of the Social Security tax, allowing workers to keep more take-home pay. For an individual earning the maximum 2013 cap of $113,700 or more, the increase would be nearly $200 per month. Overall, the expiration of this stimulus would cost working Americans $125 billion a year.” Laura Saunders in The Wall Street Journal.
JAG

United States

#35532 Mar 1, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>How much will your taxes change?”For millions of wage earners, the most immediate effect would be the lapse of a two-percentage-point payroll-tax cut that was part of a deal President Barack Obama struck with Republicans late in 2010. It lowered to 4.2% from 6.2% the employee portion of the Social Security tax, allowing workers to keep more take-home pay. For an individual earning the maximum 2013 cap of $113,700 or more, the increase would be nearly $200 per month. Overall, the expiration of this stimulus would cost working Americans $125 billion a year.” Laura Saunders in The Wall Street Journal.
Both my wife and I work so our increase in taxes is double. I'm not quite sure how our insurance benefits (if we get to keep them)provided by our employers will increase our taxes. No one really knows since tax law is constantly changing and with this administration they don't even know exactly what they plan on doing or it seems that way to me. I would hate to try and run a business and not have a clue what the tax law would require. I mean how in the world can you plan what you need to do to keep your business running in the black?

I'm beginning to think those who want a flat tax rate are right and it would be the smartest easiest way instead of all this craziness we have now!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#35533 Mar 1, 2013
JAG wrote:
<quoted text>
Both my wife and I work so our increase in taxes is double. I'm not quite sure how our insurance benefits (if we get to keep them)provided by our employers will increase our taxes. No one really knows since tax law is constantly changing and with this administration they don't even know exactly what they plan on doing or it seems that way to me. I would hate to try and run a business and not have a clue what the tax law would require. I mean how in the world can you plan what you need to do to keep your business running in the black?
I'm beginning to think those who want a flat tax rate are right and it would be the smartest easiest way instead of all this craziness we have now!
If your employer pays for your healthcare premiums the plan is that it will be counted as earned income and will increase your earn income that way. That is why you will be charge taxes on healthcare. Now if you pay for it yourself I really donnot know how a person will be taxed on that. I do not see how the government could tax a person when buy their own health insurance. But as we both know the government can do and does as it pleases anymore.
JAG

United States

#35534 Mar 1, 2013
Right now both my wife and I have employer paid healthcare but with ObamaCare we both think we might lose that benefit. Guess we'll see. But the benefit will increase our "earned income" substantially which will probably zero out any refund that would be due to overpayment of taxes anyway that's what I'm thinking.

Kinda think they want to "keep" every dime we pay in taxes throughout the year anyway, don't you?
Donnie

United States

#35535 Mar 1, 2013
Napolitano Director of Homeland Security said she had no involvement in turning loose thousands of illegals in custody. Then exactly who is responsible?

One good thing that happened today was the report finally came in from the State Department on the Keystone Pipeline and guess what they couldn't find a single reason it would negatively impact the enviroment. Now we wait 45 days for public hearing and some more bureaucratic paperwork then maybe we can start to create some homegrown American jobs!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#35536 Mar 1, 2013
JAG wrote:
Right now both my wife and I have employer paid healthcare but with ObamaCare we both think we might lose that benefit. Guess we'll see. But the benefit will increase our "earned income" substantially which will probably zero out any refund that would be due to overpayment of taxes anyway that's what I'm thinking.
Kinda think they want to "keep" every dime we pay in taxes throughout the year anyway, don't you?
I am thinking that when Pres. Obama said no tax raises 0n people making $250,000 and below sort of mislead those people for sure. But I am sure if you are an employee at any income level and even the one above $250,000 will be getting hit with the S.S. going back to 6.2% and if their employer is paying their healthcare premiums will be getting hit as well. The only employer being hit with having to pay for their employees health insurance is if they have 50 or more employees. I am hearing of these playces cutting employees so they are under 50 or cutting their employees to part time so they donot have to buy their health insurance. So why did so many people think by reelecting Obama back into office it was a great thing?

What little the government did after the first of the year with the budget to get us to March 1 they GAVE hoolywwod 400 million dollars to keep making film here in the USA. Like hollywood is broke!
JAG

United States

#35537 Mar 1, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I am thinking that when Pres. Obama said no tax raises 0n people making $250,000 and below sort of mislead those people for sure. But I am sure if you are an employee at any income level and even the one above $250,000 will be getting hit with the S.S. going back to 6.2% and if their employer is paying their healthcare premiums will be getting hit as well. The only employer being hit with having to pay for their employees health insurance is if they have 50 or more employees. I am hearing of these playces cutting employees so they are under 50 or cutting their employees to part time so they donot have to buy their health insurance. So why did so many people think by reelecting Obama back into office it was a great thing?
What little the government did after the first of the year with the budget to get us to March 1 they GAVE hoolywwod 400 million dollars to keep making film here in the USA. Like hollywood is broke!
Yeah I read somewhere it was 600 million in tax breaks for the film industry so it's a political payback because hollywood loves Obama! So George Clooney and Ben Affleck are job secure, lol.
Ralph

United States

#35539 Mar 1, 2013
Repigs are Repigs are Repigs.
JAG

United States

#35540 Mar 1, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Anything of value in that one cell brain of yours or are you keeping that to surprise us later?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#35541 Mar 1, 2013
JAG wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I read somewhere it was 600 million in tax breaks for the film industry so it's a political payback because hollywood loves Obama! So George Clooney and Ben Affleck are job secure, lol.
You may be right about the amount. At the same time The Government gave NASCAR money to get back on their feet. I think it was 40 million dollars.
Donnie

United States

#35542 Mar 2, 2013
JAG wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything of value in that one cell brain of yours or are you keeping that to surprise us later?
LOL, yep all he's done is name calling not one valid point yet. But he loves his free cell phone and knows how to use his EBT card and with free healthcare he loves his sugar daddy Obama.
Bluebird

United States

#35543 Mar 2, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Obamabot,demorat,libtard same song second verse things won't be better until we end the curse of Obamanation!
ElohimsOkie

Broken Bow, OK

#35544 Mar 2, 2013
When our nation becomes a total third world cess pool the sad thing about it all is Obama supporters will still stand behind him. While he blames someone else.
Ralph

Grand Prairie, TX

#35545 Mar 2, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Donnie

United States

#35546 Mar 2, 2013
Dumb,dumber,dumbest
Bluebird

United States

#35547 Mar 2, 2013
@Ralph,
Obamabot,demorat,libtard same song second verse things won't be better until we end the curse of Obamanation!
Gloria

Grand Prairie, TX

#35548 Mar 2, 2013
Researchers from the CDC are, for the first time, able to map the incidence of HIV around the country, and have discovered a disturbing trend. Among the states with the highest rates of new HIV diagnoses were nearly all of the states in the deep south, many of which don’t require school districts to teach “medically accurate” sex education, and some of which don’t require any sex education at all.

Adair County, OK., ranks first in the country when it comes to infections of gonorrhea and syphilis in teens, and second when it comes to chlamydia. Furthermore, the county’s number of HIV cases among young people has increased by 43% since 2000. Parents will be allowed to opt out of the curriculum should they so choose, per state law.
Gloria

Grand Prairie, TX

#35549 Mar 2, 2013
Many of the areas, especially in the south, seem to have cretins and trolls running the show. they are not concerned with sex education since everyone knows that the trolls and cretins, like mules are in capable of reproducing. for this reason they do not see the need for sex education and for that very reason the folks that are capable of reproduction have no sex education except what they learn from the local farm animals, mules excepted.
of course looking at some of these people you would wonder why anyone would want to have sex with them?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 min WTSenior 145,787
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 min REAL AMERICAN PAT... 97,064
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 min Synergy 53,123
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 min State of Florida 58,820
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 min Liberal forever 17,864
Who do you support for Governor in Maine in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 min Brewer Guy 116
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 34 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,476
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••