Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dano wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah,$9 dollars and hour sounds great until you realize the cost of an employee raises the overhead operation cost of a company and "wallah" major price increases are headed down the pike for the american consumer. There will also be layoffs because small business cannot afford to pay higher cost in payroll.
For many they don't look beyond was making $7.25 an hour to $9 a hour. Which in itself alone that sounds good. They don't stop to think how this will effect employers and into it goes on down the line where actually no one will be doing any better and might even be doing worse.
Delbert McFarland

Coweta, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>For many they don't look beyond was making $7.25 an hour to $9 a hour. Which in itself alone that sounds good. They don't stop to think how this will effect employers and into it goes on down the line where actually no one will be doing any better and might even be doing worse.
Thats preposterous, same as saying 7 is more than 9 and you better believe me because thats how i see things.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Delbert McFarland wrote:
<quoted text>Thats preposterous, same as saying 7 is more than 9 and you better believe me because thats how i see things.
So If if you are saying 9 will be better than 7 coming in will 9 still be better that 7 when you could buy something for 7 and now it cost 9 because the price of things went up because it cost the employers more to pay wages so the pass this higher expense onto the retail market.
Dano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Delbert McFarland wrote:
<quoted text>Thats preposterous, same as saying 7 is more than 9 and you better believe me because thats how i see things.
Yeah and free government cell phones don't cost anything except to the American Taxpayer! Free/reduced housing isn't free either the taxpayer is funding all these government giveaways which BUY YOUR VOTE!

If you can figure out that 9 is higher than 7 then work your small brain a little harder and figure out if cell phones,housing, government subsidized programs are free/reduced then WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM TO PAY FOR CELL PHONES,HOUSING,GOVERMENT SUBSIZED PROGRAMS?

All these freebie programs is sucking the blood out of the american producer,the american worker and it hurts the elderly retired person the most!
Edgar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

You people are crazy--I love Obamacare instead of Bushdon'tcare.
Dano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Tell us how much you love obamacare after all the regulations kick in and the full effects of this "change" are felt! Like in late 2014, right now you're all aglow with the Obama re-election and all the free giveaways but your world is changing and free isn't free and america is in decline the money will dry up and poverty will grow. It's already grown on a level never seen since the great depression!
Obamabot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Why don't you support our current commander and chief? After all he just afforded himself two pro golf trainers to give him private lessons and only cost the travel and $1000.00 dollars an hour for their instruction.

Hey, Obama supporters have you noticed the INCREASE cost of groceries,utilities and fuel or healthcare premiums for the rest of America? You know the ones you have taxed to death for a generation,you know the ones who won WWII for the world?

Oh that's right Obama's groceries,utilities,fuel and more perks than I have time to type, are all FREE from the pockets of the American Taxpayer. Obama wanted another pay increase for federal workers too. Does he have a clue what's REALLY GOING ON IN AMERICA?
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Hello TAMARA and MistyGirl. First I want to thank you both for your kind words. Second I would like to say that I too enjoyed our conversations we had in the past. Unfortunately time doesn’t permit me to sit at the computer like before. Currently I am exploring the idea of leaving the country but nothing definite just yet. I decided to move to the lake full time and glad I did. All the problems of city life are non-existent here on the lake. I have noticed since my grandson has moved in with me, we have rather large influx of young pretty girls running around the house. As you can imagine this has caused this old mans heart rate to increase a few notches, lol.

Anyway hope all is well your way and maybe we can get together here again soon. Until then, best wishes your way.

Best Regards,
Packing Heat
Kerry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Just because that would be your choice of entertainment doesn't mean others share your view!
ElohimsOkie

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>So If if you are saying 9 will be better than 7 coming in will 9 still be better that 7 when you could buy something for 7 and now it cost 9 because the price of things went up because it cost the employers more to pay wages so the pass this higher expense onto the retail market.
Its also a money managment problem. So more money will not always help.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

ElohimsOkie wrote:
<quoted text>Its also a money managment problem. So more money will not always help.
I understand that. Human nature is the more money one gets the more they spend and usually on things not important. I will be willing to bet if the increase in minimum wage is actually increased that not one dime goes to them paying for health care. The government which is the tax payers will still be paying for that. Not one dime will go to improve their education nor their kids. But all of these people that are working for low income are not doing without the high dollar cell phones and plans. Like minimum wages go up so will the cost of everything we buy.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

The people working minimum wage jobs that are young and uneducated should expect to have to learn a skill and work their way up if they want to earn more money.

If you are uneducated then there are many opportunities to make more money. If you can't make money using your mind you can still make more using your labor. Simple construction, labor, roofing, welding, all pay above minimum wage. The only requirements to get into such is a willing to work and put in a solid days labor.

If your making minimum wage and not a teenager, you only have yourself to blame. Raise the bar for yourself, don't expect the world to lower it for you.

Fact...most minimum wage jobs are held by High School and College kids as a starting point to earn extra money and gain experience in the business world.

Fact...many people do move on to better paying jobs, if they have the drive to better themselves. Many of the minimum wage earners stay at minimum wage and move from job to job. Most of those people have a hard time grooming and dressing themselves, never mind try to be a productive employee.

Fact...when minimum wage goes up, so do prices. The employer can not absorb the increase, it will be passed on to the consumer. Who really gets hurt? Middle income America because they won't see any increase in pay.

Fact...Most employees over the minimum wage rate will want a raise because they feel they are getting the short end of the stick. More importantly, the good employee is ticked because a lazy liberal employee just received a pay increase without earning it.

Fact...It kills the small business owner because labor, even though it is minimum wage, is between 20%-28% of their cost. Go talk to small business owners and see what they tell you. So again, raise the bar for yourself, don't expect the world to lower it for you.
Homer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Obey the law of the land and quit your bitching.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:

Obey the law of the land and quit your bitching? Are you serious? While I agree with “obey the law of the land“, I disagree with “quit your bitching”, even for liberal retards that are always wrong on all issues. Since bitching is the only way they have to express an opinion when they’re always wrong, it’s always good to know where the enemy of America stands on all issues. Law of the land concerning “bitching” is as follows:

“The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.”

Lead by example with your own advice! Obey the law of the land!
MistyGirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Packing Heat wrote:
The people working minimum wage jobs that are young and uneducated should expect to have to learn a skill and work their way up if they want to earn more money.
If you are uneducated then there are many opportunities to make more money. If you can't make money using your mind you can still make more using your labor. Simple construction, labor, roofing, welding, all pay above minimum wage. The only requirements to get into such is a willing to work and put in a solid days labor.
If your making minimum wage and not a teenager, you only have yourself to blame. Raise the bar for yourself, don't expect the world to lower it for you.
Fact...most minimum wage jobs are held by High School and College kids as a starting point to earn extra money and gain experience in the business world.
Fact...many people do move on to better paying jobs, if they have the drive to better themselves. Many of the minimum wage earners stay at minimum wage and move from job to job. Most of those people have a hard time grooming and dressing themselves, never mind try to be a productive employee.
Fact...when minimum wage goes up, so do prices. The employer can not absorb the increase, it will be passed on to the consumer. Who really gets hurt? Middle income America because they won't see any increase in pay.
Fact...Most employees over the minimum wage rate will want a raise because they feel they are getting the short end of the stick. More importantly, the good employee is ticked because a lazy liberal employee just received a pay increase without earning it.
Fact...It kills the small business owner because labor, even though it is minimum wage, is between 20%-28% of their cost. Go talk to small business owners and see what they tell you. So again, raise the bar for yourself, don't expect the world to lower it for you.
Better yourself and your enviroment the "old fashion" way and EARN it! Read your grandson post the other day and it caught my attention because the young man made sense! Refreshing to see some of our youth isn't brainwashed into believing the world owes them a FREE cell phone,education,housing,and healthcare because they have a beating heart and still breathing. Where is the integrity,drive to achieve and be exceptional? Where is the initative to carve out your dreams and create the type of future you want for yourself?

Anyway, good to see you're still kicking and I was happy you decided to make this area your favorite spot. I agree big city life isn't appealing! Best regards to you and your family. Have a wonderful weekend on the lake!
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yourself and your enviroment the "old fashion" way and EARN it! Read your grandson post the other day and it caught my attention because the young man made sense! Refreshing to see some of our youth isn't brainwashed into believing the world owes them a FREE cell phone,education,housing,and healthcare because they have a beating heart and still breathing. Where is the integrity,drive to achieve and be exceptional? Where is the initative to carve out your dreams and create the type of future you want for yourself?
Anyway, good to see you're still kicking and I was happy you decided to make this area your favorite spot. I agree big city life isn't appealing! Best regards to you and your family. Have a wonderful weekend on the lake!

That is correct. Thank you for your kind words again and yes the grandson is a good guy over all. He will tell you quick the world doesn’t owe him anything and neither does his grandfather, lol. He must clearly show integrity, drive to achieve and do his best to carve out his dreams and create the type of future he wants to keep me interested in helping him. So far he has done great and has shown to be a real asset to me since we moved up here at the lake.

Yep, I’m still kicking and have felt really good since moving up here. It’s nice to ride into town here and not have all those damn hoodrats roaming around. I gave my new place back in town to my daughter. Up here it feels like the weekend all week. With the liberal retards working over-time to destroy this great nation I’m afraid more and more people will never experience and enjoy the good life as I am. I am still hunting for and offering a rather large reward to find me anyone that can prove they were dirt poor and because of the Obama Agenda and now well off and not sucking off the taxpayer.

Ok, great to hear from you and look forward to talking again.

Best Regard
ElohimsOkie

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
When the law of the land gets opressive and makes us slaves then we are no longer required to obey it.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

I really enjoy listening to different opinions whether they be Right,Left, or in the Middle. It what makes this country unlike most.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

I agree with Packing Heat's statement of #35341. When he said a person can move on and get better paying jobs if that want it bad enough. He mentioned construction, labor, roofing, welding. This would have worked up until I would say the the 90s. Before the 90s the US citizens did do construction, labor, roofing welding and then all of a sudden from the 90s till now you don't see many people that were born here doing these jobs anymore. You go to any housing development and over 95% will be Mexicans doing the framing, roofing labor, welding, bricking, laying the cement and on down the line. When we built in 2002 the only people that showed up to work was Mexicans. My oldest son just built a new home and 95% of the workers were Mexicans. I know people say it is because Mexicans work for less. But I really don't think that is the only reason. I 2 sons that work for a major construction /remodeling company and over the worker and can hire and firer the employees. They pay the same wages to Mexicans as they pay any white person or anyone else. This company pays top dollar wages and benefits. Both sons say that the Mexicans are more reliable in showing up for work and get the job job done right. so what is wrong with this picture. This tells me that are people either has gotten lazy and just don't care or they expect a free ride no matter how little they do.

It will be interesting to see just what happens to the economy with Obamacare kicking in and now minimum wage going up. I am willing to bet unemployment reaches a new all time high.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
I agree with Packing Heat's statement of #35341. When he said a person can move on and get better paying jobs if that want it bad enough. He mentioned construction, labor, roofing, welding. This would have worked up until I would say the the 90s. Before the 90s the US citizens did do construction, labor, roofing welding and then all of a sudden from the 90s till now you don't see many people that were born here doing these jobs anymore. You go to any housing development and over 95% will be Mexicans doing the framing, roofing labor, welding, bricking, laying the cement and on down the line. When we built in 2002 the only people that showed up to work was Mexicans. My oldest son just built a new home and 95% of the workers were Mexicans. I know people say it is because Mexicans work for less. But I really don't think that is the only reason. I 2 sons that work for a major construction /remodeling company and over the worker and can hire and firer the employees. They pay the same wages to Mexicans as they pay any white person or anyone else. This company pays top dollar wages and benefits. Both sons say that the Mexicans are more reliable in showing up for work and get the job job done right. so what is wrong with this picture. This tells me that are people either has gotten lazy and just don't care or they expect a free ride no matter how little they do.
It will be interesting to see just what happens to the economy with Obamacare kicking in and now minimum wage going up. I am willing to bet unemployment reaches a new all time high.

Some people have gotten very lazy and/or that expect a free ride mentality. Mexicans, whether legal or not are for the most part very dependable hard workers. You say it will be interesting to see what happens when Obamacare kicks in fully and I agree it will be very interesting to see. My thoughts are, it is designed to fail as well as collapse our current system to force a single-payer system in its place. Regardless, it will result in the most extreme rationing in our history and total bankruptcy. One only has to look at the fiscal shape of Medicaid and Medicare now to see the reality of what will happen.

Before President Obama’s health care law was enacted, unfunded obligations for federal health programs totaled $65 trillion over a 75-year period. The most recent Senate Budget Committee staff estimates show that after the law’s passage, that figure has grown by $17 trillion, to $82 trillion.
http://budget.senate.gov/republican/public/in...

But I am like you, it will be interesting to watch this all play out. One thing is absolutely going to happen and has been, the poor people will continue to get poorer and those of us with money will continue to profit from their misfortune as they sell off their belongings to just survive. And yes you can expect unemployment to skyrocket.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••