Who do you support for County Clerk in Kentucky (McCracken County) in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Kevil, KY

#1 Oct 15, 2010
experienced
saint j

Paducah, KY

#2 Oct 16, 2010
experience has to count for 98% of the cause. The other 2% is voting against mud slinging. If the people of McCracken county would stop and think only 1 candidate has stayed positive. I haven't read 1 negative thing that Mr. Jerrell has said about his competition. That's integrity!
saint j

Paducah, KY

#3 Oct 16, 2010
Why isn't Republican listed as Bowers party affiliation?
WokeUp

Paducah, KY

#4 Oct 16, 2010
She just woke up one morning, and she decided to run an election for an office. It was already past the filing deadline for Democrats and Republicans, so she had to file as an independent. It was also to late to be placed on the ballot, so she has to be a write in.
vic

Kevil, KY

#5 Oct 17, 2010
She is a Republican, not an Independent. She is a salesman, telling the people only what she wants them to know.
saint j

Paducah, KY

#6 Oct 19, 2010
I had to check it out myself, I went to the courthouse and BECKY BOWERS is registered as a REPUBLICAn. I just wanted to check for myself. Everyone should. She is on the ballot as a write-in, but a REPUBLICAN!!
paducah13

Paducah, KY

#7 Oct 19, 2010
experience, period
Peterson

Paducah, KY

#8 Oct 19, 2010
Bowers is just looking for a job after losing hers.
WriteIn

Paducah, KY

#9 Oct 19, 2010
You can't be on the ballot if your a write-in, and she isn't listed on the ballot as Republican.
Go to the KY Election website. Every office has a Write-in line, but they don't list names. You could write your own name in if you wanted. Heck, Mickey Mouse got a 1,000 votes for the last presidential election.
She couldn't register as a republican, because she missed the deadline. She had to register as an independant.
vic

Kevil, KY

#10 Oct 20, 2010
She is not registered as an Independent. She is registered as a Republican.
WriteIn

Paducah, KY

#11 Oct 20, 2010
She is a registered Republican for voting.
For the election, she is registered as an independant candidate.
Why do you think in her ads and facebook page she never references being the Republican candidate? It is because she isn't!!

Owensboro, KY

#12 Oct 20, 2010
Why do you want Jerrell back in there with the way he runs the office? Letting his employees take unlimited sick time off, many paid holidays, he's even admitted to not always working full time either. There was talks awhile back about making changes, but so far nothing. Oh well, it's just taxpayer's money.

Since: Oct 10

Metropolis, IL

#13 Oct 20, 2010
Because he is a loyal friend and a dedicated citizen
mark

Mayfield, KY

#14 Oct 20, 2010
Voting for Jeff Jerrell good man
mark

Mayfield, KY

#15 Oct 20, 2010
Jeff Jerrell very good man
mark09

Mayfield, KY

#16 Oct 20, 2010
Jeff
mark09

Mayfield, KY

#17 Oct 20, 2010
jeff jerrell
vic

Kevil, KY

#18 Oct 20, 2010
No matter how many times you say it, she is not an Independent. She is a Republican. You obviously know nothing about voter registration. If your party affiliation on your voter registration card says "Republican" (and her's does), you are a Republican. If anyone wants to re-register as an Independent, the books re-open after Election Day. Go for it!
WriteIn

Paducah, KY

#19 Oct 20, 2010
Look on the 2010 Candidate Information List.
She is listed as an Independant.
Curious

Paducah, KY

#20 Oct 20, 2010
Becky Bowers' campaign financial report for the 32 day pre-election filing claims no activity.
Just curious, does she not consider those yard signs, ads, and billboards activity??
They have to be one of two things.
A) A disbursement
B) An In-kind contribution
Plus, her campaign fund had to have funds in it to pay for those things if they are a disbursement. She either raised funds, or she used her own money. That has to be reported also.
Why is that not reported on her 32-day filing??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 3 min NTMD8OR 1,302
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 min fitness-guru 64,839
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 7 min Donnie 79,461
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min this ones for you 165,544
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 12 min Cyrus5590 61,506
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 16 min Ga Girl 56 58,604
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 26 min Stupid Democrats 4,396
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 38 min WTSenior 164,639
More from around the web