Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Granny

Knoxville, TN

#9205 Apr 19, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
They can not "take our rights away", but they can manipulate the laws in violation of the Supreme Law of the Land. That they've had the success they have shows just how poorly the Supreme Court has been doing its job.
I've never considered having a gun in my home to protect myself in my home until recently. Family and friends convinced me , so I took steps to purchases small handgun.
I find that because I have a low dose antidepressant prescription medication I am evidently considered mentally ill and therefore not considered eligible to protect myself with a gun.
Guess ill put a baseball bat behind the door to deflect any intruders bullets.
Wonder when they will come to confiscate my steak knives now that they know who I am and where I live!
Think how many widows, widowers, divorcees, that may be taking a mild anti-depressant and now labeled as too mentally ill to deserve to own a hand gun to protect theirselves, their families and their property.
I can't believe the Newtown families ior Mrs. Giffords would want this for people like me.
Granny

Knoxville, TN

#9206 Apr 19, 2013
BTW, if giving up my right to own a gun would save the life of one child, I would be more than glad to do so.
The life of an old lady for that of a child is a no brainier. I just don't see how my NOT having a gun in my home for self-protection could save the life of anyone.
Burrito Suave

Dresden, TN

#9207 Apr 19, 2013
The left believes that the bad guys will steal your gun and kill every one with it.
The Irony is that their policies and Gov. style is creating the bad guys.
internet techie

Morristown, TN

#9208 Apr 19, 2013
tried to vote no but i guess i need to register
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#9209 Apr 19, 2013
Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never considered having a gun in my home to protect myself in my home until recently. Family and friends convinced me , so I took steps to purchases small handgun.
I find that because I have a low dose antidepressant prescription medication I am evidently considered mentally ill and therefore not considered eligible to protect myself with a gun.
Wonder when they will come to confiscate my steak knives now that they know who I am and where I live!
Think how many widows, widowers, divorcees, that may be taking a mild anti-depressant and now labeled as too mentally ill to deserve to own a hand gun to protect theirselves, their families and their property.
I can't believe the Newtown families ior Mrs. Giffords would want this for people like me.
They see themselves as having a "larger agenda" that you can't understand. I believe otherwise, but have to admit that there are many who simply don't want to recognize the truth.

"... the rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." seems to baffle a lot of people when presented by politicians, but you have to understand that they present information in a way that moves you to agree with them. Notice how often Obama has children around him when he talks about "gun control"? This is done for the emotional appeal since he does not have facts, truth, or even reason on his side. I guarantee you he did not fly those who disagree with his gun policies down to D.C. so it would be an equal representation.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#9210 Apr 19, 2013
Granny wrote:
BTW, if giving up my right to own a gun would save the life of one child, I would be more than glad to do so.
The life of an old lady for that of a child is a no brainier. I just don't see how my NOT having a gun in my home for self-protection could save the life of anyone.
If giving up my gun would save one child? I don't shoot children, and I'd wager you don't either. However, if someone breaks into your home, steals your anti-depressants, and a child overdoses on them because you didn't have a gun to prevent the burglary; what then? Maybe the child doesn't die, but becomes addicted and when that child grows up it has to sell drugs to support its own addiction thereby infecting more and more because you couldn't prevent one thief from taking your medication?

The sentiment is a lovely one, Granny, but flawed. We must use the weapons we have, and some of us are fluent in several different kinds {thankfully}.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#9211 Apr 19, 2013
Burrito Suave wrote:
The left believes that the bad guys will steal your gun and kill every one with it.
The Irony is that their policies and Gov. style is creating the bad guys.
Right you are, or at least providing a favorable environment.
All for it

United States

#9213 Apr 19, 2013
That'll be a yes.
Love to hunt

Powell, TN

#9214 May 3, 2013
I agree, vote yes. Vote yes to head off the PETA nutbags that want to outlaw hunting, fishing, keeping of pets, livestock husbandry, research, eating meat, etc.
50Cal

North Augusta, SC

#9215 May 3, 2013
Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another example of wimpy politicians letting our rights fall by the wayside because some cry babies think we can't handle something as complicated as a gun. Gun safety can be understood by most anyone over the age of ten.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#9216 May 3, 2013
50Cal wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another example of wimpy politicians letting our rights fall by the wayside because some cry babies think we can't handle something as complicated as a gun. Gun safety can be understood by most anyone over the age of ten.
In fact, in the not too distant past it was a right of passage to be given your own gun, usually a 410 shotgun or a .22 rifle. But back then there were real fathers to teach their sons how to handle firearms safely, to take them hunting, and actually do things with them. Seems those days are gone and all but forgotten now.
gorduter

Pittsburgh, PA

#9217 May 6, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Ok What did you expect?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9218 May 11, 2013
50Cal wrote:
<quoted text>
right...
Because giving someone on antidepressants a gun is the right course of action, right?
I dislike government intrusion on our personal lives just as much as anyone else but saying politicians are wimpy for not giving out weapons to people who could/probably misuse them is just alarmist,shortsighted and frankly, stupid.Where do we draw the line? maybe we could load a van full of loaded handguns and drive around to all the mental hospitals and hand em out and see what happens?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9219 May 11, 2013
kww3 wrote:
<quoted text>
"animal rights"!?! Excuse me, I guess you don't read the bible or go to church
...In which were all manner of four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. Acts 10:12-13
I' think I'll listen to God and not some nut job tree huggers
i like how you pick and choose things out of the bible to follow - you wearing more than one type of cloth or shaving your face and cutting your hair?

You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard.
Leviticus 19:27

That's just plain crazy though - not cutting your hair or shaving??? pfft - what kind of idiot would follow that?

“You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes.
Leviticus 19:26

Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.
Colossians 2:16

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.
Romans 14:1

“ The fat of an animal that dies of itself and the fat of one that is torn by beasts may be put to any other use, but on no account shall you eat it.
Leviticus 7:23-24

those are all in the old testament though - they don't count anymore, right?

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:17-19

oh, maybe they do count?....

seems like "god" has a hard time making up his mind about things.almost like a man came up with it or something, eh?
Mr Smith

Fremont, CA

#9220 May 11, 2013
I think everyone should have a pair of these. http://techpaladin.com/wp-content/uploads/200...
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#9221 May 15, 2013
spicy fruitcake wrote:
<quoted text>
right...
Because giving someone on antidepressants a gun is the right course of action, right?
I dislike government intrusion on our personal lives just as much as anyone else but saying politicians are wimpy for not giving out weapons to people who could/probably misuse them is just alarmist,shortsighted and frankly, stupid.Where do we draw the line? maybe we could load a van full of loaded handguns and drive around to all the mental hospitals and hand em out and see what happens?
Is someone giving guns? Last I heard there were people wanting to take them from us, but no one giving them out free.

What you propose is dangerous for sure, so let us do in depth research on those who would own guns, and while we're at it do the same level of research on those who wish to drive and if they drink we can deny them a license. Doesn't this seem reasonable, considering how many die each year, and how much property damage is caused, due to drunk drivers? Perhaps have semi-annual drug tests too, to prevent that possibility too.

Not only would this make the roads, and by extension our world, a safer place to live, but imagine how much easier it would be to navigate and maintain our road systems. We could go back to Highways instead of Interstates, which we all know would be way greener.

Gosh, you are full of exceptional ideas. Got any more to offer?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#9222 May 18, 2013
Do you dare believe your own ears?

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/piers-morgan-now-i...

Yes! Ladies and Gentlemen!!!!! There might just be some hope for a recovering News Media, but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.
save them

Cookeville, TN

#9223 May 18, 2013
why kill those poor animals?
Uhwhat

Tazewell, TN

#9224 May 20, 2013
Well
Uhwhat

Tazewell, TN

#9225 May 20, 2013
Wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min HILLARY 2016 194,282
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 29 min liberal losers 71,606
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 37 min Stray- Dog 23,412
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr YIM 81,808
Election VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 5 hr observer 1,368
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 15 hr No Repub 727
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 19 hr WarForOil 83,228
More from around the web